AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-16, 15:03   Link #21
chaos_animagic

Hmm... yea...

The second episode with the "spirit statue" at the beginning reminds me too of that music anime "La Corda D'Oro"... hehe...

And... the characters in this anime looks like that of Shugo Chara.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-17, 03:37   Link #22
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah. Extremely strong Shugo Corda feeling in this episode. Which is fine by me since I loved both.

This show is seriously making me want to become a pātissier

Just looks so fun to do, challenges and all.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 03:42   Link #23
cherrycolaz

I love this anime, it's so cute! I swear after I finished watching ep 1 and 2 I went to the nearest cake shop and bought a cake ._.; Vanilla is so cute =x
cherrycolaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 07:59   Link #24
Casshern

Kinda reminds me of FMwS, but much more light hearted. It's cute
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 13:46   Link #25
FireChick

Episode 3 is out, and already Ichigo-chan has to deal with a prissy little clique of girls. Who voices the orange-haired girl (Ichigo's friend)?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 20:24   Link #26
yongshun

Episode 4 as much as I like the series so far this episode was rather boring and so cliche'.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 21:43   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
Episode 3 is out, and already Ichigo-chan has to deal with a prissy little clique of girls. Who voices the orange-haired girl (Ichigo's friend)?
If you mean the girl with long orange hair who met her at the statue in ep2, the character's name is KATOU Rumi, and she's played by KODAMA Asumi, a 23-year-old seiyuu who has just had bit parts, in K-On, Hell Girl2, Doraemon, Hayate2, KisxSis, and Minamike Okaeri.

Acording to Japanese Wikipedia, she graduated from the seiyuu program at the Osaka branch of the famous Yoyogi Animation Academy, and was accepted into the big Baobab seiyuu agency last April.

And as tongshun said, I was a little less thrilled by ep4, but I still ended up having a good time watching it.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Mariko), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime previews | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Joukamachi no Dandelion | Charlotte | Gangsta | Gatchaman | Rokka no Yuusha
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 04:28   Link #28
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
The first episode of this was a decent start. The second episode however has me kind of mixed. It has some cute moments to it, but certain elements will likely be frustrating for me. Undecided as to if/when I'll try out more. Maybe I'll let some episodes build up first.

Vanilla was kind of cute and I can definitely approve of her. That boy however, I'd like someone to slap him.
Old 2009-10-30, 18:05   Link #29
FireChick

Crunchyroll has gotten this. I wonder if it's still okay to watch fansubs?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 18:45   Link #30
Oppius
Banned

Being a shoujo show, I'm surprised to see how small the fanbase is compared to some other shoujo shows like Ouran, Vampire Knight and ongoing Kimi ni Todoke. Even though I love this show but I can see why people overlooked this show.

First its a shoujo shows that aimed towards pretten girls. Unlike all other shoujo shows which I mentioned above which made more for older girls and young adult women. Second its aired at same time as Kimi ni Todoke, another popular shoujo show too. Third it was subbed little bit later than other shows. I just don't understand how fast the subbing works of Kampfer, FMA and Umineko.

I love this show more because it is one of the shoujo shows which had heroine's mother more likable than her father. I'm just tired of "daddy's girl" stereotype.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 20:09   Link #31
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

You could compare this to Shugo Chara, which is targeted at the same audience. But Shugo Chara was written by Peach Pit, who are pretty famous. Shugo Chara felt really fresh when I started it. This on the other hand, felt like it's been done so many times. Or compare this to Onegai My Melody or something. Onegai My Melody has practically no westen fan following.

But like you said, the audience are suppose to be younger. The people who go on forums and chat about shows they love/hate would be older. Popular shows get subs faster, that's just the way things work. Couple of years ago, I was amazed at Naruto's one day subbing. Code Geass was 8-12 hours for a 'good enough' sub.
Old 2009-10-31, 15:40   Link #32
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

This is definitely aimed at pre-teens, unlike the more serious shoujo romances. The same audience as Shugo Chara, as musume_no_hoshi says. I personally have enjoyed the first four eps of this more than Shugo Chara's. Probably mainly because there is stronger emotion for me. But it's definitely sentimental emotion, which leaves certain fans out. And maybe it's even a sort of parental emotion, I'm not sure.

Personally, I'd rather see an effective meme done well than something new that is not so effective, but that may not go for most people. I think the show is very well done, but there is definitely not much tension, the emotion is very sentimental, and the show doesn't hold very intense romance, so far.

Nevertheless, in Japan, although it started fairly low, its audience has risen slowly but steadily over the past three episodes, from 2.0% to 2.3% to 2.6% of the audience. In Tokyo, it is on opposite a popular shounen show, Battle Spirits Shounen Gekiha Dan, at 7am Sunday mornings. That show dropped from 4.2% to 3.1% over the past two weeks. Shugo Chara 3 is on at 9:30 Saturday mornings, and went from 2.9% to 2.8% over the past two weeks.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Mariko), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | spring 2015 anime previews | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Joukamachi no Dandelion | Charlotte | Gangsta | Gatchaman | Rokka no Yuusha
Old 2009-11-03, 18:04   Link #33
Oppius
Banned

After seeing 4 episodes of it, I think this is the shoujo show I ever seen. Being one of the biggest shoujo haters out there, finally I found a shoujo that actually have likable characters, both males and females.

First the guys are not trying too hard to impress the viewers, in this case girls. I haven't seen one of them act like gays, unlike Ouran though. Second its not centered on romance alone.

However my biggest barrier to this show is its length. Nobody know how long it can get but my best bet is around 24-26. If this show had more than that, like 52 episodes its time to drop it then.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 12:59   Link #34
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

This show almost feels shonen-ish with a set goal for the girl instead of everything hinging only on her emotions. Only if there's some sort of a baking competition, then it' be fully shonen style.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 15:50   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Actually, lots of shoujo titles involve personal development, achievement, and competition. Often in acting (e.g., Skip Beat, Glass Mask) or modelling, but sometimes in cooking. As long as the heroine still has emotions, I'm happy, lol. I'm sure romance will come, but it doesn't seem that necessary yet.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-04 at 18:34.
Old 2009-11-04, 16:31   Link #36
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Seen few episodes and liking this alot. Honestly speaking I like this better than Shugo Chara already. There is a stronger shoujo feel in this show. She's growing up and chasing her dream. I feel like rooting for her already.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 21:38   Link #37
yongshun

Episode 5 is out. This series really is in to character development specifically Ichigo's. Unlike a lot of Shojo series out there this one has a character that is really trying hard if not harder then anyone else, she doesn't just say she will try her best she really does tries her best and the fact that she doesn't start out as a god of pastries but really practice making the pastries help endears her to me as well as there is no magic that instantly makes her the best out there.

Looks like in episode 6 we will be introduced to the other sprites and seems like everyone on Team A has a sprite.

Head or Gut?
Old 2009-11-05, 20:21   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

The show's ratings continue to inch upward. The latest episode got 3.0% of the Tokyo-area audience. Previous episodes went from 2.0% to 2.3% to 2.6%.
Old 2009-11-05, 20:23   Link #39
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The show's ratings continue to inch upward. The latest episode got 3.0% of the Tokyo-area audience. Previous episodes went from 2.0% to 2.3% to 2.6%.
Thats good hate to find out that this is one of those good shows that no one watches.

Head or Gut?
Old 2009-11-05, 22:04   Link #40
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Thats good hate to find out that this is one of those good shows that no one watches.
Hey, don't bring me down, lol. I was feeling good that it had risen from the absolute depths. I keep (wishful-)thinking that the Sunday morning audience is gradually discovering how enjoyable it is.

But I am used to finding some of the shows I like buried at the bottom of the ratings, lol. Over the last three months of their runs, Pandora was generally around 1.5% and Phantom below 1.0%.

Tags
cooking, ribon, shoujo