AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-06, 06:08   Link #41
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The show's ratings continue to inch upward. The latest episode got 3.0% of the Tokyo-area audience. Previous episodes went from 2.0% to 2.3% to 2.6%.
Wow, so that puts it right above many shows this season, I'm assuming?

Won't surprise me, considering how each and every episode is so cute and I honestly haven't seen many shows that portrayed the sweets in such high class as it is in this show. Certainly, consulting real patisserie has had a pretty tangible result.

I'm almost shocked how good this show and Anyamaru Tantei show is, considering they seem to be aimed at young girls. Definitely not as mindless and rote as the new Pretty Cure shows has been lately.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 09:33   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Wow, so that puts it right above many shows this season, I'm assuming?...
There's a thread with lists and discussion of viewer ratings here.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 11:05   Link #43
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Main stream TV shows have higher ratings then otaku centric shows. The sucessfulness of there's shows that do pretty well in both. An otaku show is shown by its DVD sales (anything more then 5k is considered to be pretty good on average). While mainstream shows relies more on TV ratings. So comparing late night anime tv ratings to saturday morning anime...doesn't really work. Of course there's some shows that do well in both departments.
Old 2009-11-06, 14:17   Link #44
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, I can see how the mainstream stuff trumps the otaku/niche shows out there. But I guess a 3% viewership is pretty good for those kinds of shows. I don't think any show should ever try to aim for the ridiculous 18-20% viewership.
Old 2009-11-06, 16:08   Link #45
Oppius
Banned

Let's hope this show won't be another Cardcaptor Sakura and Shugo Chara. Both are shoujo shows that aren't aimed towards moe fans but it getting to moe-ish because lots of men are watching them too.

Even though I myself is a man too, I think this show should stay how it is. It just annoying to see un-moe show like this one getting too moe.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 09:44   Link #46
TCman

Watched the 5th episode last night. It's a really nice episode with good comedy. I like the part of how to use chocolate properly; melting the chocolate at 60 degrees celsius unlike Ichigo, she almost literally boiled the choco, resulting in loosing the original taste of chocolate. Glad to see that Ichigo improves her skill in every episode.

Also a new character is introduced at the end of the episode, the sweet fairy of Kashino, Chocolat; we can already watch her in the ED video; she is quite funny in the ED, since in the dancing scenes she is the only one who does not seem to dance; she does some punches and palms here and there, almost kung fu, so funny and adorable.

Last edited by TCman; 2009-11-07 at 18:42. Reason: minor spelling correction
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 23:00   Link #47
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Just to note, episode 6 is out on Crunchyroll (for members only), and 1-5 is up for everyone (up to geoblocking, anyway).
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 00:40   Link #48
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
(up to geoblocking, anyway)
So anyone know a way to get myself to Scandinavia every Sunday for however long without it being prohibitively expensive or disruptive?

It's a pity since I really want to watch this and I really like the opening but I wouldn't of watched it anyway I guess if it wasn't on Crunchyroll in the first place. Well Crunchyroll really needs a good replacement since Shugo Chara is getting less and less popular. Maybe I'll get weak and read spoilers or something. I've already watched the opening repeatedly several times so that might be fine too.
Old 2009-11-08, 04:17   Link #49
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I've just seen ep6, and all I can say is that the sweets spirits are so cute it's unfair.
Spoiler for ep6:
I'm enjoying the ED. The singer is a 19-year-old idol (Sugihara Yukina 杉原由規奈) whose full, liquid timbre I find pretty interesting. I enjoy the ED a lot more than the OP, myself.

And no-one else may care, but one of my favorite seiyuus, Takagaki Ayahi (Noe in true tears, Ein in Phantom, and my current avatar) has a bit part here, as a kindergarten teacher.

EDIT: I see that the TV ratings this week have slipped back from 3.0 to 2.4. Sigh. And here I thought the sweets spirits would attract more viewers.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-09 at 14:11.
Old 2009-11-11, 14:06   Link #50
FireChick

I am officially declaring episode 6 my favorite despite the monster cliffhanger! Who the flip voices Caramell and Ringo!? THEY'RE SOOO CUTE!!! Coffee is adorable and sounds like Tadase (even though their voice actresses are different)!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 18:59   Link #51
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
I am officially declaring episode 6 my favorite despite the monster cliffhanger! Who the flip voices Caramell and Ringo!? THEY'RE SOOO CUTE!!! Coffee is adorable and sounds like Tadase (even though their voice actresses are different)!
I just checked the end credits, and Ringo is played by famous 14-year-old child actress and idol OGURA Yui 小倉唯, whom one site calls "the best member of Hello! Project." She has done TV, movies, a lot of concerts, TV ads, etc. And is in the news recently for having done the original dancing that was used as motion capture for the movements of Hatsune Miku in Project Diva. Here is her official site. This is her first anime role.

Caramel is played by IINO Mayu 飯野茉優, who is also a child actress, and has done a couple of movie-dubbing roles, but has already been in two anime: as Mayu in Cooking Idol My Mai Mine, and as Mariza in Michiko to Hatchin. She is even younger, supposedly only in fourth grade. I found a blog post (on a blog called "Manager") about her getting her role in Cooking Idol.

MISAWA Sachika 三澤紗千香, who plays Coffee, is 16, and won a "Kadokawa Idol Seiyuu" competition earlier this year, getting a role in Shangri-la, as a character called Yuri.

There are pictures of all three in the pages linked to.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-11 at 19:41.
Old 2009-11-12, 18:38   Link #52
FireChick

Man! Those three are just too cute! Especially Ogura Yui-chan!
Old 2009-11-12, 23:58   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

@FireChick -- Your question inspired me to make a characters/seiyuus page with pics of all the main characters and their seiyuus, and giving some info about each seiyuu. The page is here.
Old 2009-11-13, 03:36   Link #54
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Awesome!

I'm surprised that many of the seiyuu are either young or new to the industry or both. And to think young seiyuu doesn't necessarily start at around 17 to 18 year olds now. Kids start quickly with their careers nowadays..
Old 2009-11-14, 22:59   Link #55
Oppius
Banned

What?! I'm the only people who enjoyed this show?

I can see why most people ignore this one. It has no 'bad' things in it, like murder as an example. Yes, I'm looking at you Umineko.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 05:11   Link #56
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It seems to do well in Japanese ratings and it has a hefty number of fans in Crunchyroll now.

Also, this show is literally making me a patissier. I'm aiming to make a roll cake, just like the one Ichigo made. Haven't really had that kind of impulse since Yakitate Japan.
Old 2009-11-15, 08:00   Link #57
FireChick

Quote:
What?! I'm the only people who enjoyed this show?

I can see why most people ignore this one. It has no 'bad' things in it, like murder as an example. Yes, I'm looking at you Umineko.
You're not alone! I enjoy this show greatly! Sure, it's a bit cliched, but it's also quite relaxing and the drama is genuine and not over exaggerated. And yeah, you're right, it doesn't have murder or useless fanservice which is a good thing for me (and yeah, I decided to put Umineko on hold after watching episode 11, which scared me to no end!). I better hope this gets licensed and dubbed for a good DVD release. Geneon would be the perfect company to license this show, but they died so it leaves FUNimation, Media Blasters, Bandai, and Sentai (which doesn't dub any titles at all).
Old 2009-11-15, 14:32   Link #58
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Episode 7: So this time I had happy tears in my eyes for almost the entire second half of the episode. This show certainly pushes all the right buttons for me. Well done.

EDIT: I've added Kanako, who is Ichigo's classmate and Ringo's sister, to the characters/seiyuus page (link in sig). She is played by 23-year-old seiyuu Satou Satomi, who was Ritsu in K-On.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-16 at 14:51.
Old 2009-11-18, 22:28   Link #59
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Episode 7: So this time I had happy tears in my eyes for almost the entire second half of the episode. This show certainly pushes all the right buttons for me. Well done.
Ep 7 was beautifully done. Very warm, very uplifting.
Old 2009-11-21, 06:06   Link #60
chaos_animagic

So cute, episode 7...

LOL @ the sweet spirits, they had to do so much work in this episode.

(I watched late cause my System Restore after my laptop broke corrupted bunch of my video files... >_<, so I had to either re-dl or watch it streaming)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, ribon, shoujo