AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 10:19   Link #21
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Since Nodame 3rd season is pushed back to Jan 2010, could this air in the noitamina time slot for fall? Since noitamina audience seems to be right for this sort of anime, considering they aired Nodame, Honey and Clover and other more 'normal' people friendly.

Maybe if the anime is successful, they probally would make a live action drama. Oh where's the cheaply made Taiwan adaption?
Old 2009-07-08, 11:54   Link #22
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kuchu Buranko is airing in Noitamina for Fall.. maybe this could be in Noise? Who knows.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 12:58   Link #23
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Kuchu Buranko is airing in Noitamina for Fall.. maybe this could be in Noise? Who knows.
Like I said before, Noitamina and Noise are late night slots, but this show is most likely going prime time, much like Lovely Complex and the like.
Old 2009-07-08, 13:11   Link #24
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Oh, I loved this Manga, It was sooo cute! This will be one I'll definitely be checking out.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 02:14   Link #25
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Hmmm i wonder when they tell us information about the seiyuu
Old 2009-07-09, 05:24   Link #26
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Like I said before, Noitamina and Noise are late night slots, but this show is most likely going prime time, much like Lovely Complex and the like.
Doesn't necessarily follow; the last Bessatsu Margaret anime adaptation was Itazura na Kiss which aired late at night on Fridays. I think until we know the producers we can't really take any educated guesses as to where it might air.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 10:09   Link #27
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Shoujo manga sometimes get prime time and sometimes get late night. Nodame Cantabile already had a prime time drama adaption, but the anime was still late night. So this really depends on what the people from the TV station thinks and how the animation company plans to make money out of this.

I personally rather have a late night anime, late night anime tend to get the better budget. Come on...remember the budget for Lovely complex?
Old 2009-07-09, 13:58   Link #28
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
Doesn't necessarily follow; the last Bessatsu Margaret anime adaptation was Itazura na Kiss which aired late at night on Fridays. I think until we know the producers we can't really take any educated guesses as to where it might air.

You're not seriously comparing Kimi ni Todoke with Itazura na Kiss, are you? Kimi ni Todoke has been the best selling manga (in general, no only among shoujo) a few times in the last years, beating ultra popular manga like One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist. To put it simple, this is probably the most mainstream shoujo manga at the moment (Itazura na Kiss never had that kind of popularity). Besides, Itazurana Kiss isn't exactly a high-school romance: it begins in high school, but soon develops in a more adult story, which is more suited for a late night slot.

The only female-oriented manga selling as good as Kimi ni Todoke is Nodame Cantabile, but Nodame is josei, so it makes sense to make its adaptation a late night anime. Kimi ni Todoke, being the sweet high-school romance that it is, and being so mainstream, is way more suited for prime time.

Regardless, we'll see...

EDIT: Well, it seems that the weak Kimi ni Todoke came on top One Piece wasn't ranked. So, it didn't beat One Piece, but it was still extremely popular.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-07-09 at 14:33.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:03   Link #29
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
You're not seriously comparing Kimi ni Todoke with Itazura na Kiss, are you? Kimi ni Todoke has been the best selling manga (in general, no only among shoujo) a few times in the last years, beating ultra popular manga like One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist. To put it simple, this is probably the most mainstream shoujo manga at the moment (Itazura na Kiss never had that kind of popularity).
Itazurana Kiss ran for eight years in the 90s and has sold over 13 million volumes in its lifetime. I'd hardly call it unpopular. Besides, contemporary popularity has nothing to do with it - NANA, Glass no Kamen, Ouran etc. all aired late at night and NANA is one of the biggest selling titles ever, and Ouran is one of the cheesiest high-school set shows ever.

I'm not saying it WON'T air during the day. I'm just saying you can't take it for granted.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:30   Link #30
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Itazurana Kiss ran for eight years in the 90s and has sold over 13 million volumes in its lifetime. I'd hardly call it unpopular. Besides, contemporary popularity has nothing to do with it - NANA, Glass no Kamen, Ouran etc. all aired late at night and NANA is one of the biggest selling titles ever, and Ouran is one of the cheesiest high-school set shows ever.
But you're overlooking the demographics. Most of the series you mentioned target an older demographic than Kimi no Todoke. The exception would be Ouran, except that Ouran is more popular among the (female) Otaku. Any of these demographics are likely to watch late night shows.

Kimi ni Todoke, on the other hand, goes for regular high school kids, pretty much like Lovely Complex. This demographic rarely watch late night shows. Indeed, the series targeting this demographic are broadcast during the day.

Quote:
I'm not saying it WON'T air during the day. I'm just saying you can't take it for granted.
I'm not taking anything for granted. I'm just saying it's more likely to go prime time.
Old 2009-07-09, 21:48   Link #31
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I like the manga...
The anime should be pretty good...
They always put a anime like this out to give a mix...
Like "Myself; Yourself" ... "True Tears" and "Toradora"
So I guess this would be a similar-style anime

'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 10:46   Link #32
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
The only female-oriented manga selling as good as Kimi ni Todoke is Nodame Cantabile, but Nodame is josei, so it makes sense to make its adaptation a late night anime. Kimi ni Todoke, being the sweet high-school romance that it is, and being so mainstream, is way more suited for prime time.
You're forgetting NANA... sales from the first half of 2009...

*1, 1,801,877 One Piece vol.53
*2, 1,778,239 One Piece vol.52
*3, 1,418,089 NANA vol.21
*4, 1,170,718 Fullmetal Alchemist vol.21
*5, 1,131,145 Naruto vol.45
*6, 1,068,430 Fullmetal Alchemist vol.22
*7, *,927,610 Bleach vol.36
*8, *,907,714 Bleach vol.35
*9, *,864,708 Naruto vol.46
10, *,822,238 Bleach vol.38
11, *,685,186 Kimi ni Todoke vol.8

NANA aired at around 10-11pm, think it rated in the 6%-7% range.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 11:55   Link #33
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You're forgetting NANA... sales from the first half of 2009...
Oops, You're right. Sorry.
Old 2009-07-11, 07:47   Link #34
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I can see this airing around 10pm-11pm, not exactly late night but not exactly prime time, just like NANA.

Nodame Cantabile was probally aired late night because fuji TV wanted to make noitmaina more popular, but noitamaina isn't that late compared to other late night anime.

I only been hearing good things about this manga, even ANN gave a very favourable review (lets not get into how negative they can be). The manga sales probally reflect how good this is too. If we asume this anime would sell as well as NANA, the sales for the first few volumes would be pretty high then the rest would just go down hill. Almost all series would sell better with the first few volumes and the last ones would sell less (the only odd one out is Hetalia, where the 2nd volume sold very very slightly better due to the extras). I'll just asume that the animation would be above average, but not breath taking.
Old 2009-07-11, 16:44   Link #35
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I'd prefer high school debut to get animated, but this is good for now.
Old 2009-07-13, 08:28   Link #36
Katapan
俺様祭り

Hmm, so this'll be airing on NTV. Two possibilities imo:

- Souten Kouro's timeslot being taken over. Mondays, 24:59. This is almost the timeslot that Ouran Host Club was given (it aired at 24:30 at the time, but I don't think this timeslot is for anime anymore on NTV), so it wouldn't anything too worrisome - after noitaminA, this is as good as a late night timeslot can get. I just wouldn't like the fact that it would air before the rerun of Kaiji... two series at complete odds.

- Considering the original announcement of a drama adaptation... if it still indeed exists (which could be doubtful since it was first announced for spring), I can't see it broadcast anywhere but on NTV. Then the channel could work something out with this - drama on primetime, followed by an anime episode... or something.

Anyway, enough speculating for now - some character designs are also up on the official website!

Last edited by Katapan; 2009-07-13 at 09:07.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 22:16   Link #37
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

Mou.. I'm such an idiot for not noticing that the thread has been created already. *smacks self*

Anyhow, Kimi ni Todoke is probably one of my most awaited series for Fall and I can't wait to see an anime version of it! I just hope that Production IG will do an awesome job with this.

Also.. has an official broadcast date been set already? All I know is that it will aired in Fall. :P

Love me, Hate me, I don't care as long as you're with me
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:28   Link #38
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Sped read through the first two volumes of the manga, and really enjoyed everything about it. And I just love Sawako as the main character. It look like the anime version will be definite watch for me now.
Old 2009-07-24, 17:41   Link #39
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
The art is looking better than the manga already
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 02:54   Link #40
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
The art is looking better than the manga already
I like the art from the manga better myself.

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo