AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-16, 10:04   Link #61
Katapan
俺様祭り

Oh man, haha. Shiroth, get here immediately!

About the whole staff had already been announced, but the composer's name was still up in the air, until now ...:

Music: S.E.N.S. Project

I went to the official website hoping to find news regarding the theme songs, but I found that instead - and that's quite a fine announcement. I also thought Chara would be singing the opening theme, but it turns out her upcoming single Kataomoi will be the ending, which should mean that there's yet another announcement to be made regarding the OP.
Old 2009-09-16, 11:53   Link #62
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Oh man, haha. Shiroth, get here immediately!

About the whole staff had already been announced, but the composer's name was still up in the air, until now ...:

Music: S.E.N.S. Project
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Oh my god, that's completely random. I mean i know they do scores for a lot of TV Drama's (i have most of their works :3), though i never expected in a million years for this to happen.

The fact that the production team is Production IG comes into this, i mean they also worked on the xxxHolic adaptation, and that also had a score by S.E.N.S.

Thanks a lot for posting this Katapan. This is second time you've made my day with S.E.N.S. related news.
Old 2009-09-16, 12:16   Link #63
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
There are very few shoujo mangas that I enjoy... and this is one that I actually like (the others being Lovely Complex and Kaichou wa Meido-sama... and a couple others out there as well). So, to see this become an anime... I think I'll be sticking around to watch it for a while

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 08:47   Link #64
Katapan
俺様祭り

A promotional video is now available.

And it really made my day. Noto Mamiko is going to make a great Sawako. The character designs also manage to look as good as the manga... and we even get treated to great music from S.E.N.S. I'm glad there isn't much of a wait left before the first episode.
Old 2009-09-17, 09:18   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think i had tears in my eyes while watching that promo video. They're truly going all out with this adaptation, especially in the animation department, i mean those backgrounds are simply fantastic. Not to mention the character models, and those outstanding smiles that are full of so much heart. I'm so glad we get a sneak preview at them in this promo.

& the music, oh my god the music. It is classic S.E.N.S. that i love so much. Having them apart of the project just makes this adaptation all the more special.

Also agree that Noto Mamiko is going to do a great performance as Sawako. 19 days to go!
Old 2009-09-17, 12:34   Link #66
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Squee!

Really nice music. I think I'm gonna re-watch this over & over again just to hear it lol But everything else looks awesome. It definitely has some atmosphere to it, & the watercolor-washed out scenaries look so pretty *__*

I can't wait ^^
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 18:49   Link #67
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Everything in that promo video just felt right. The music was amazing. So sweet, so soothing, so relaxing, so perfect. And while I had my initial doubts before watching the video, all it took was about 90 seconds to convince me that Noto Mamiko will be a great Sadako. I really can't wait to watch this.
Old 2009-09-17, 19:34   Link #68
Last Sinner
Screw The Rules

Send a message via MSN to Last Sinner
Read the first volume a month ago. Frankly...I don't think I've ever read anything better...so sweet, so funny, so touching. Art is pretty without being sugary or over the top. Nice spread of character types.

Hope the voices turn out to be suitable to the characters. Because this is the only series form the October crop I have ANY hopes for. And my IRL friends are the same way. We are not looking forward to the October season.

Notably, the newest volume in Japan was #2 on the sales charts at 355,000 copes. Only about 10,000 behind One Piece.
Old 2009-09-17, 19:45   Link #69
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Exactly how I thought of how Sawako would sound like. The animation looks great too. I can't wait! =O

Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 21:36   Link #70
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Wow... an excellent promo video. Looks to be good artwork... and it reminded me that I need to go and get caught up on this manga as well...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 22:00   Link #71
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
Oh dear. That promotional video is fantastic. I have a feeling that I am going to love this series. The art, the music, everything seems great. I can definitely see this one going places. Perhaps it will even restore my faith in high school anime.

I look forward to discussing this with you all once it airs

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 22:32   Link #72
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
WOW, I'd never thought it'd look THAT good AND manage to retain the excellent art style of the manga =). I'm thoroughly impressed. Can't WAIT XD!
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 03:29   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Perhaps it will even restore my faith in high school anime.
If there's one story that should do it, then it shall be this one. I'm sure you'll be soaking it all up by the end of the first episode.
Old 2009-09-18, 06:13   Link #74
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sorry for double post, though i must post this scan.

Beautiful. This image is just as stunning as the promo.
Old 2009-09-18, 09:02   Link #75
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Noto Mamiko sounded great, I couldn't imagine anyone else voicing Sadako. I'm also looking forward to Namakawa Daisuke's performance. Ah...finally a well animated shoujo high school romance. As much as I liked Lovely Complex, the animation was quite iffy.
Old 2009-09-18, 09:03   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Noto Mamiko sounded great, I couldn't imagine anyone else voicing Sadako. I'm also looking forward to Namakawa Daisuke's performance. Ah...finally a well animated shoujo high school romance. As much as I liked Lovely Complex, the animation was quite iffy.
Did you not watch Bokura ga Ita? Now that was nicely animated. Very breathtaking animation.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:51   Link #77
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I did, but I was a little young back then and couldn't really appriciate it. So I never finished it pass the 3rd episode. It's on my 'to-watch-list', but I never did.

This show doesn't seem like something that glues you to the screen, you have to sit back and watch it.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:54   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I did, but I was a little young back then and couldn't really appriciate it. So I never finished it pass the 3rd episode. It's on my 'to-watch-list', but I never did.
Please give it a good viewing all the way to the end at some point. It's one of my favorite shows easily, and must be watched.

Quote:
This show doesn't seem like something that glues you to the screen, you have to sit back and watch it.
From reading the manga yes i agree. It's one of those stories where you need to take everything in to fully appreciate it. Such a touching, beautiful story. Can't wait for this adaptation.
Old 2009-09-18, 23:04   Link #79
blewin

Since I'm reading the manga, it's not the art that catches my attention while watching the promo vid, but the music and Sawako's voice. I think that voice is very apt for the heroine.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 01:42   Link #80
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

A show that actually tries to translate the unique art style from the source into animation instead of just giving it some generic design? I'm so down.

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo