AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-16, 14:48   Link #41
Farscape
Secondman
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
So Stark becomes the 3rd person to take on 2 captains.... Yama-jii most likely handled Shunsui and Uki with ease. Ken-chan wasn't even breaking a sweat against Tousen and Komamura.

I guess it would be kind of weak if Stark can't handle these two considering it has already been done. Otherwise Primera doesn't really mean that much. There is hope though as I don't think Barry & Hali are anywhere near done.

This also brings up the question.... can Shunsui and Uki fight anyone tough by themselves or do they always have to team up? Kind of lame since such high expectations were on them.
Lol you are so clueless how could you possibly compare those situations to whats happening now.. Ukitake and Shinsui are 2 of the most powerful captains, there are only 2 above them lol. This just shows how imbalanced Bleach really is.

As we don't know how big the gap is between Yamamoto and his students assumptions as huge as these are useless.

Stark and Kenpachi powers are beyond comparison lol. Beside the point Shinsui didn't even release his Bankai because he is just like that.. a laid back person. You would sooner see him crippled then at full power in seconds.

And the first impression of Starks release doesn't even show his power increasement, it just instigates that he has easy equipment access that fires powerful cero's.

For example if you would compare it to grimmjow or someone else you'll understand what i mean grimmjow got very fast and destructive after releasing.

Firing cero's rapidly by the use of equipment doesn't say much about someone, it just makes it more easy to attack.

It would've been very impressive if Stark managed to beat Shinsui 1v1 at full power.. and then Ukitake but both at the same time is just stupid. This would make him a VL guarenteed tho but even that would be to much power for a VL Arrancar.

Last edited by Farscape; 2009-06-16 at 15:05.
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 15:13   Link #42
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
Lol you are so clueless how could you possibly compare those situations to whats happening now.. Ukitake and Shinsui are 2 of the most powerful captains, there are only 2 above them lol. This just shows how imbalanced Bleach really is.

As we don't know how big the gap is between Yamamoto and his students assumptions as huge as these are useless.

Stark and Kenpachi powers are beyond comparison lol. Beside the point Shinsui didn't even release his Bankai because he is just like that.. a laid back person. You would sooner see him crippled then at full power in seconds.

And the first impression of Starks release doesn't even show his power increasement, it just instigates that he has easy equipment access that fires powerful cero's.

For example if you would compare it to grimmjow or someone else you'll understand what i mean grimmjow got very fast and destructive after releasing.

Firing cero's rapidly by the use of equipment doesn't say much about someone, it just makes it more easy to attack.
I'm not sure exactly what I said that makes me clueless? I just want answers and we aren't getting any. I stated that Yama and Ken took on two captains just like Stark - it's true. (and were doing so with ease like it or not)

I wanted Shunsui and Uki to be uber powerful but there is no evidence of that so far (other than Yama-jii babbling about them). So I don't know how you can say there are only two captain above them strength wise. No one can prove anything - that is the point! I don't have the faintest idea who the strongest captains are anymore. It is impossible to tell.

And seriously, if Hitsugaya and Soi Fon really do beat Barry and Hali (which we don't know), then I don't see how you could say Stark and Kenpachi can't be compared. I personally think Ken-chan would open a giant can of whoop ass on Hitsu and Soi, not even a contest. Point is half dead captain and lazy captain have done nothing of note so far. Even if they do win, it will have taken two of them to do so on a guy that prob isn't a VL. WEAK!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 15:36   Link #43
Farscape
Secondman
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
So Stark becomes the 3rd person to take on 2 captains.... Yama-jii most likely handled Shunsui and Uki with ease. Ken-chan wasn't even breaking a sweat against Tousen and Komamura.

I guess it would be kind of weak if Stark can't handle these two considering it has already been done. Otherwise Primera doesn't really mean that much. There is hope though as I don't think Barry & Hali are anywhere near done.

This also brings up the question.... can Shunsui and Uki fight anyone tough by themselves or do they always have to team up? Kind of lame since such high expectations were on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
I'm not sure exactly what I said that makes me clueless? I just want answers and we aren't getting any. I stated that Yama and Ken took on two captains just like Stark - it's true. (and were doing so with ease like it or not)

I wanted Shunsui and Uki to be uber powerful but there is no evidence of that so far (other than Yama-jii babbling about them). So I don't know how you can say there are only two captain above them strength wise. No one can prove anything - that is the point! I don't have the faintest idea who the strongest captains are anymore. It is impossible to tell.

And seriously, if Hitsugaya and Soi Fon really do beat Barry and Hali (which we don't know), then I don't see how you could say Stark and Kenpachi can't be compared. I personally think Ken-chan would open a giant can of whoop ass on Hitsu and Soi, not even a contest. Point is half dead captain and lazy captain have done nothing of note so far. Even if they do win, it will have taken two of them to do so on a guy that prob isn't a VL. WEAK!
Your assumptions are off the chart. Yamamoto didn't even fight them so how can you say with ease? you can assume about stuff like that(which didn't even happen) but you neglect other clear possibility that they are the strongest captains simply because they are the eldest(more training/more experience/more growth/teached by the most skilled etc) before Unohane and then Yamamoto.

And their strength it's not impossible to tell, it's just hard to proof in depth, their battle charts might not be 100% proof but you can observe and they explain alot, and games don't just get designed randomly many have input from the original writer, those are spoilers.

And Wasn't i saying how imbalanced bleach is? Kenpachi is nothing.. he would've gotten his arsh spanked hands down by Ulquiorra just like Ichigo, let alone Stark rofl. And i can only speculate about the possiblity that Ulquirroa was infact Espada no.2 as noone knew about his Second Stage.

Halibel and Barragan never stood out or impressed me. But again i can only speculate that they are stalling in the manga and that they are just messing about with their opponents Soifon and Hitsugaya.

Stark probably is a VL and that would be the only valid reason why it would've taken two of the strongest captains to beat him which to me is just another reason why Bleach is imbalanced.
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 15:36   Link #44
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Also, just watch.... Mayuri will have soon figured out how to get Bya, Ken, and Mom back to fake town. Then, you will see just how much Kenny and Stark are alike when he reveals that Yachiru is his zanpakuto and they combine to form super shinigami and take on Stark/lily!!!! HAAHA!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 15:42   Link #45
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
Your assumptions are off the chart. Yamamoto didn't even fight them so how can you say with ease? you can assume about stuff like that(which didn't even happen) but you neglect other clear possibility that they are the strongest captains simply because they are the eldest before Unohane and then Yamamoto.

And their strength it's not impossible to tell, it's just hard to proof in depth, their battle charts might not be 100% proof but you can observe and they explain alot, and games don't just get designed randomly many have input from the original writer, those are spoilers.

And Wasn't i saying how imbalanced bleach is? Kenpachi is nothing.. he would've gotten his arsh spanked hands down by Ulquiorra just like Ichigo, let alone Stark rofl. And i can only speculate about the possiblity that Ulquirroa was infact Espada no.2 as noone knew about his Second Stage.

Halibel and Barragan never stood out or impressed me. But again i can only speculate that they are stalling in the manga and that they are just messing about with their opponents Soifon and Hitsugaya.

Stark probably is a VL and that would be the only valid reason why it would've taken two of the most strongest captains to beat him which to me is just another reason why Bleach is imbalanced.
Speculate, speculate, speculate.... that is all anyone is doing man! None of us know. Quit acting like you know anymore than anyone else.

Yama-jii DID fight Uki/Shunsui - it was just off screen. Can't help that we couldn't see it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going to happen.

So you think that battle charts is more accurate than actual fighting we have seen? The battle charts show POTENTIAL in areas, nothing more, nothing less. So what do we have to go by - actual fights we have seen? So we saw Shunsui rough up Chad?? WOOOH IMPRESSIVE! Uki has hacked up a lung or two, ALSO IMPRESSIVE!!! In the meantime, Ken has dominated everyone with the exception of plotkia with Ichigo.

You can have Uki/Shunsui and your charts - I'll take Ken and Byakuya based off what I've seen!

Your talk about Ulqi, Barry, and Hali is equal nonsense. You are just speculating craziness again. I can't wait till Yami shows up and owns everyone HAHA!!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:03   Link #46
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
What did you expect the guns to shoot?
I dunno... bullets?
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:04   Link #47
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
I'm not sure exactly what I said that makes me clueless? I just want answers and we aren't getting any. I stated that Yama and Ken took on two captains just like Stark - it's true. (and were doing so with ease like it or not)

I wanted Shunsui and Uki to be uber powerful but there is no evidence of that so far (other than Yama-jii babbling about them). So I don't know how you can say there are only two captain above them strength wise. No one can prove anything - that is the point! I don't have the faintest idea who the strongest captains are anymore. It is impossible to tell.

And seriously, if Hitsugaya and Soi Fon really do beat Barry and Hali (which we don't know), then I don't see how you could say Stark and Kenpachi can't be compared. I personally think Ken-chan would open a giant can of whoop ass on Hitsu and Soi, not even a contest. Point is half dead captain and lazy captain have done nothing of note so far. Even if they do win, it will have taken two of them to do so on a guy that prob isn't a VL. WEAK!
those old captain vs 2xcaptain fights aren't really good for measuring anything.

shunsui and ukitake didn't really want to fight (they flat out said as much), no one went bankai, and the fight got interrupted before any of them got hurt in any way.

as for kenpachi's fight, wolf captain took off without really fighting because of the execution (went bankai, *gasp* execution is starting /end) and tousen's fight felt staged. he went from being a sliced up bloody mess to looking completely unharmed not 10 minutes later with aizen and gin back at the execution site.
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:06   Link #48
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
There is one problem with Ceros, it's that they have levels now. Like Kamahamehas... There are balas that are weaker but quickier, there are normal ceros, there are super ceros that GJ used and there is this King Cero that Ulq was bragging about and it suppose to be used only by 4+. Only Ulq so far used king cero and I'm guessing that such strong thing could deflect soifong's bazooka and clean the sky for Halibeli even if for a moment so she could kill Hitsu.

I just hope that Stark won't do a cliche and say "I almost thought you really died" when H and B will come back and kick ass. If he's worried or even cares then what's the point of talking something like that at this point, because if he does, he should say something about them being ok aloud the moment they got "killed". That kind of writing should stay in 20th milenium.

It's funny how there are only 4 captains that are old and didn't go to this Royale squad and each of them have a good reason why not:
Yamamoto has to be the leader
Unohana has her job of healing weaklings
Ukitake is a sick and sometimes unrelaiable
Shunsui has the weakest excusse as he is just lazy, but that didn't stop Stark from being bad ass.

Does Stark change after his mareging with Lilith? Will he be more hot headed like she was, will their personalities marge too?


As for 2vs1 captain fights. Shunsui didn't took of his pretty coat against Yama-ji so he wasn't as serious as he is now. Kenpachi was fighting both captains in their shikais as we see them realesing them (at least attacks, but their works like Gin's attack or Ichigo's Getsuga) and then they fight to the point that at least one of them realeses bankai and LOSES.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:10   Link #49
Farscape
Secondman
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
Also, just watch.... Mayuri will have soon figured out how to get Bya, Ken, and Mom back to fake town. Then, you will see just how much Kenny and Stark are alike when he reveals that Yachiru is his zanpakuto and they combine to form super shinigami and take on Stark/lily!!!! HAAHA!
lol that was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
Speculate, speculate, speculate.... that is all anyone is doing man! None of us know. Quit acting like you know anymore than anyone else.

Yama-jii DID fight Uki/Shunsui - it was just off screen. Can't help that we couldn't see it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going to happen.

So you think that battle charts is more accurate than actual fighting we have seen? The battle charts show POTENTIAL in areas, nothing more, nothing less. So what do we have to go by - actual fights we have seen? So we saw Shunsui rough up Chad?? WOOOH IMPRESSIVE! Uki has hacked up a lung or two, ALSO IMPRESSIVE!!! In the meantime, Ken has dominated everyone with the exception of plotkia with Ichigo.

You can have Uki/Shunsui and your charts - I'll take Ken and Byakuya based off what I've seen!

Your talk about Ulqi, Barry, and Hali is equal nonsense. You are just speculating craziness again. I can't wait till Yami shows up and owns everyone HAHA!!
Who says they were fighting lol. when they all heard about Aizen and went to that area, i didn't see any scratches on anyone where is your theory their mister rocket scientist, if it was so easy for Granpa why weren't they messed up eh? pls elobarate.

And i am not acting like i know more than anyone else, just more than you because you keep assuming and coming up with stuff that barely make any sense, no offence. All smiles here.

So from what i see now.. you are actually saying just because u saw more of someone they are above someone or in more favor or something? So Grimmjow and Ulquirroa were the top then? back then when they started to beat the crap out of people?(and nobody knew anything else about the others) or doesn't that count just because it was prementioned what their rank was? oh is that it?

Oh wait what about Yamamoto we haven't seen jack **** of him so Byakyua and Zaraki most be leading the head of SS but oh wait damn they both got raped by Ichigo.. so mr substitute Shinigami holds the crown omg, my logic is undeniable. Ichigo the strongest of SS but damn he isn't a captain so it doesn't count.. **** so i guess that means its either Kenpachi or Byakuya. :s

Just because you haven't seen an afwul lot of someone doesn't mean anything.. with that ur even implying that people like Unohana for example are weak like she is just a nurse a louzy helpers Captain.. when history revealed alot about her. That she infact owns. Which means that you can safely assume that elders own.

About the nonsense? so what? you're actually thinking it's possible that Halibel and Barragan are defeated? because that would be the only other scenario. Man you fail, lol. Ill leave you 2 it.
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:18   Link #50
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
Who says they were fighting lol. when they all heard about Aizen and went to that area, i didn't see any scratches on anyone where is your theory their mister rocket scientist, if it was so easy for Granpa why weren't they messed up eh? pls elobarate.

And i am not acting like i know more than anyone else, just more than you because you keep assuming and coming up with stuff that barely make any sense, no offence. All smiles here.

So from what i see now.. you are actually saying just because u saw more of someone they are above someone or in more favor or something? So Grimmjow and Ulquirroa were the top then? back then when they started to beat the crap out of people?(and nobody knew anything else about the others) or doesn't that count just because it was prementioned what their rank was? oh is that it?

Oh wait what about Yamamoto we haven't seen jack **** of him so Byakyua and Zaraki most be leading the head of SS but oh wait damn they both got raped by Ichigo.. so mr substitute Shinigami holds the crown omg, my logic is undeniable. Ichigo the strongest of SS but damn he isn't a captain so it doesn't count.. **** so i guess that means its either Kenpachi or Byakuya. :s

Just because you haven't seen an afwul lot of someone doesn't mean anything.. with that ur even implying that people like Unohana for example are weak like she is just a nurse a louzy helpers Captain.. when history revealed alot about her. That she infact owns. Which means that you can safely assume that elders own.

About the nonsense? so what? you're actually thinking it's possible that Halibel and Barragan are defeated? because that would be the only other scenario. Man you fail, lol. Ill leave you 2 it.
Like I said in Bankai threat: it's possible that woman unlike man in bleach have diffrent kind of evolution in bankai. Soifong was the first woman to use bankai (as there aren't many of those that can) and hers is something completly diffrent from what she represents and how she fights, a opposite I might say.
So why Unohana can't have her bankai being someting really deadly as her shikai eats people and heals them in its belly.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:40   Link #51
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
lol that was pretty funny.


Who says they were fighting lol. when they all heard about Aizen and went to that area, i didn't see any scratches on anyone where is your theory their mister rocket scientist, if it was so easy for Granpa why weren't they messed up eh? pls elobarate.

And i am not acting like i know more than anyone else, just more than you because you keep assuming and coming up with stuff that barely make any sense, no offence. All smiles here.

So from what i see now.. you are actually saying just because u saw more of someone they are above someone or in more favor or something? So Grimmjow and Ulquirroa were the top then? back then when they started to beat the crap out of people?(and nobody knew anything else about the others) or doesn't that count just because it was prementioned what their rank was? oh is that it?

Oh wait what about Yamamoto we haven't seen jack **** of him so Byakyua and Zaraki most be leading the head of SS but oh wait damn they both got raped by Ichigo.. so mr substitute Shinigami holds the crown omg, my logic is undeniable. Ichigo the strongest of SS but damn he isn't a captain so it doesn't count.. **** so i guess that means its either Kenpachi or Byakuya. :s

Just because you haven't seen an afwul lot of someone doesn't mean anything.. with that ur even implying that people like Unohana for example are weak like she is just a nurse a louzy helpers Captain.. when history revealed alot about her. That she infact owns. Which means that you can safely assume that elders own.

About the nonsense? so what? you're actually thinking it's possible that Halibel and Barragan are defeated? because that would be the only other scenario. Man you fail, lol. Ill leave you 2 it.
Like I said, we are all speculating and have no proof. At least when there is some fighting, we can prove. Bya and Ken have proved they are strong. I'm not saying some of the other captains can't prove it too. They might be a hell of a lot stronger - they have to prove it though by fighting! Until then, I will go with the hard evidence we have seen instead of guessing that people are strong because of whatever reasons you have provided.

Yama-jii and Stark/Shunsui did fight - fact. How long or what happened? You are right we don't know. But it looked to me they were about to piss their pants against old crusty Yama.

FACT: Ken-chan took on two bankai's from captain level people without even taking off his eyepatch. Look at it how you want but who else has taken two bankai's on back to back?? NO ONE, THANK YOU! Yes, maybe Tousen was holding back but it didn't look like it - why show your bankai to someone you are holding back against? DUH. Yes, the fight with Koma got cut short but as it was clear - Ken was the only one holding back and he was making two captain's bankai's look like child's play. No one else in the series has done that!

I could care less if Ken ends up being a middle of the road captain ultimately. The concept you can't grasp is that other captains have done nothing to warrant me holding them in higher regard. Once they start one shotting people or taking on multiple bankai's i will bow down and worship them apporpriately!!

And you missed the nonsensical points I was talking about in regards to Ulqi, Barry, and Hali. You were presuming Ulqi was actually #2 cause he has a second release yada yada yada... That is the nonsense I was talking about. I hope Barry and Hali come back and absolutely demolish Hitsu and Soi Fon!

Oh and yes, Ichigo most likely will be the strongest person in the SS Universe. That is pretty much the way things have been shaping up from the beginning. So yes, Bya, Ulqi, and Ken have no shame in losing to him. You can't get mad when dude gets some hax power up every time he is about to lose!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 16:49   Link #52
Trafalgar Law
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
There is one problem with Ceros, it's that they have levels now. Like Kamahamehas... There are balas that are weaker but quickier, there are normal ceros, there are super ceros that GJ used and there is this King Cero that Ulq was bragging about and it suppose to be used only by 4+. Only Ulq so far used king cero and I'm guessing that such strong thing could deflect soifong's bazooka and clean the sky for Halibeli even if for a moment so she could kill Hitsu.
What are you talking about? First of all, Balas aren't ceros. Second, there is the Gran Rey Cero that Grimmjow used, which is only the Espada are able to use, and the Cero Oscero, that is limited to Ulquiorra in his released form, but there is no "King Cero" for 4+.
Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:01   Link #53
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
Yama-jii and Stark/Shunsui did fight - fact. How long or what happened? You are right we don't know. But it looked to me they were about to piss their pants against old crusty Yama.
being nostalgic about the last time they saw yama-jii's shikai and then calmly charging forward isn't exactly my definition of "about to piss their pants."

Quote:
FACT: Ken-chan took on two bankai's from captain level people without even taking off his eyepatch. Look at it how you want but who else has taken two bankai's on back to back?? NO ONE, THANK YOU! Yes, maybe Tousen was holding back but it didn't look like it - why show your bankai to someone you are holding back against? DUH. Yes, the fight with Koma got cut short but as it was clear - Ken was the only one holding back and he was making two captain's bankai's look like child's play. No one else in the series has done that!
fact: kenpachi never took on wolf captains bankai. he released then ran off without ever attacking. it wasn't just cut short, it was non-existent (note: i think the anime had him take a swing, but the manga didn't). as such, whether or not tousen was faking it doesn't really matter because either way kenpachi only actually fought against one bankai (also, tousen's bankai sucks vs kenpachi. bankai designed to capitalize on fear vs a man with absolutely no fear).
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:06   Link #54
kamyu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
What are you talking about? First of all, Balas aren't ceros. Second, there is the Gran Rey Cero that Grimmjow used, which is only the Espada are able to use, and the Cero Oscero, that is limited to Ulquiorra in his released form, but there is no "King Cero" for 4+.
aren't gran rey cero and king cero the same thing?
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:11   Link #55
Trafalgar Law
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
aren't gran rey cero and king cero the same thing?
Yes, Gran Rey Cero means translated "Cero of the great king", however, Wolcik was saying that the Emospada was using a "King Cero".
Trafalgar Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:12   Link #56
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Like I said in Bankai threat: it's possible that woman unlike man in bleach have diffrent kind of evolution in bankai. Soifong was the first woman to use bankai (as there aren't many of those that can) and hers is something completly diffrent from what she represents and how she fights, a opposite I might say.
So why Unohana can't have her bankai being someting really deadly as her shikai eats people and heals them in its belly.
Lol then Unohana's bankai is even a bigger monster who eats you and then throws out bones
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:40   Link #57
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Ichigo raped Byakuya/Kenchan? rubbish, those were close calls thanks to Byakuya being the gentleman he is and Kenpachi being unaware of magically appearing hollow masks underneath kimonos, thus miscalculating the circumstances and misadjusting his own strength

about the Kenpachi fact: it's something different when you fight one bankai after another, and the first one being mostly a strategic battle giving you "minor"(by Zaraki standard ) wounds because blabbering your opponent to death doesn't work when you disable his ears.. -> that fight wasn't about sheer power or something like that but it showed what a brilliant warrior Kenpachi can be when you force him to use his brain .... I'm not sure if Tousen held back, but he certainly focused more on teaching Kenpachi a lessons instead of taking his head while he had the chance to ..... then it's impossible to judge the second part with Komamura's bankai, all we know is Komamura took no damage as he was healthy when facing Aizen, but who knows what happened(Kenpachi could have trashed the Samurai, yet Komamura would look the same.. for instance)

/pointless powerlevel discussion

for the chapter: I think the summary doesn't cover the whole chapter, that's too short even for bleach standards(could be wrong though).
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:45   Link #58
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
being nostalgic about the last time they saw yama-jii's shikai and then calmly charging forward isn't exactly my definition of "about to piss their pants."



fact: kenpachi never took on wolf captains bankai. he released then ran off without ever attacking. it wasn't just cut short, it was non-existent (note: i think the anime had him take a swing, but the manga didn't). as such, whether or not tousen was faking it doesn't really matter because either way kenpachi only actually fought against one bankai (also, tousen's bankai sucks vs kenpachi. bankai designed to capitalize on fear vs a man with absolutely no fear).
They did have that oh crap look for a few seconds though. Regardless, they weren't going to win. Nanao knew what was up.

And yes, Koma did release his bankai on Kenny and he did go at him to attack (that is where it cuts off). Better look at chapter end 148 and beginning of 149 again. It might not have shown the actual fight but once again they did most likely fight off screen until Koma ran off. Just because it switches to a different scene doesn't mean time stops and nothing else is going on - so many people don't get this. Koma just ended up getting owned by Aizen anyway so nothing changed in his destiny that day.
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:47   Link #59
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Ichigo raped Byakuya/Kenchan? rubbish, those were close calls thanks to Byakuya being the gentleman he is and Kenpachi being unaware of magically appearing hollow masks underneath kimonos, thus miscalculating the circumstances and misadjusting his own strength

about the Kenpachi fact: it's something different when you fight one bankai after another, and the first one being mostly a strategic battle giving you "minor"(by Zaraki standard ) wounds because blabbering your opponent to death doesn't work when you disable his ears.. -> that fight wasn't about sheer power or something like that but it showed what a brilliant warrior Kenpachi can be when you force him to use his brain .... I'm not sure if Tousen held back, but he certainly focused more on teaching Kenpachi a lessons instead of taking his head while he had the chance to ..... then it's impossible to judge the second part with Komamura's bankai, all we know is Komamura took no damage as he was healthy when facing Aizen, but who knows what happened(Kenpachi could have trashed the Samurai, yet Komamura would look the same.. for instance)

/pointless powerlevel discussion

for the chapter: I think the summary doesn't cover the whole chapter, that's too short even for bleach standards(could be wrong though).
Thank you, good points all around. Enough silly debating today for me. It was fun and no hard feelings anyone! Laterz!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 18:17   Link #60
Wolcik
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I know that Barras aren't Ceros but they are like a skill arrancars use (or maybe strong hollows too) to attack enemies that can dodge ceroes. I guess Ceroes have levels based on reiatsu, but Ulq said that 4+ are able to do much better one (like with much more reiatsu or something like that) and it's somehow faster or takes too much space because Ichigo bearly dodge it and he was in speed bankai (and vaizarded?).


The problem with Tousen is that we got to know that he was a villain latter on, which was shocking as he was so much prechy about his justice. Some might think that he didn't want to kill Zaraki, but there is none reason for him to hold back. He states that his justice (the same that makes him kill for Aizen) defines Zaraki as a threat that should be destoryed. His bankai prevents anyone else except him to witness the fight - anyone outside see only big circous tent and anyone inside don't hear or see anything or smell anything.
This all brings us to the conclusion that he could cut off Zaraki's head if he was able to, and yet he didn't. Tousen said that Zaraki was dodging his attack with minor wounds that are nothing to Zaraki that heals himself with reiatsu (I guess) and Zaraki was getting better and better at dodging in the dark - and yet he came up with quicker plan than train yourself till you'll able to dodge and hit.
Tousen was blabling to Zaraki about Justice and his Bankai but at that point Zaraki didn't hear a thing so he didn't even know what to do - he just grabed Tousens hand and unlucky for Tosen he could cut him even better when his eyes were working again. It would be more questionable if Zaraki deafet Tosen Bankai with one hit when he wouldn't be able to aim.
In the end those that wants to believe that Tosen was stronger than that, might just add few unseen scenes when Zaraki cuts and cuts Tousen till his Bankai weres off, but that won't change the fact that Tousen couldn't deafet Zaraki with his bankai (or even make him take the patch off).



Right now my biggest fear is that Stark for some reason stops being lazy, laid back dude. That's a characteristic that can lead to lose - see Moria from One Piece. Villans don't have to be arogant and snobby, because there is a vary of other bad characteristics.
__________________
Wolcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.