AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-06-16, 19:18   Link #61
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
They did have that oh crap look for a few seconds though. Regardless, they weren't going to win. Nanao knew what was up.

And yes, Koma did release his bankai on Kenny and he did go at him to attack (that is where it cuts off). Better look at chapter end 148 and beginning of 149 again. It might not have shown the actual fight but once again they did most likely fight off screen until Koma ran off. Just because it switches to a different scene doesn't mean time stops and nothing else is going on - so many people don't get this. Koma just ended up getting owned by Aizen anyway so nothing changed in his destiny that day.
nanao also started the fight thinking yama-jii didn't stand a chance against two captains and that SHE could actually contribute in the fight... then she passed out. she apparently sucks at determining power levels so was probably underestimating the other two as well.

perhaps you should check the chapters again. it goes exactly as i described.
bankai, execution, and scene.
next time you see them zaraki is bored and neither have any damage.

by the way, you are contradicting yourself in this. your whole argument started with which captains were SHOWN fighting and being powerful and here you are supporting it with a potential off-screen battle that you are assuming took place.
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 22:17   Link #62
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I'm not sure if Tousen held back, but he certainly focused more on teaching Kenpachi a lessons instead of taking his head while he had the chance to
^^This. Tousen openly admitted to wanting to make Kenpachi experience a sense of fear shortly after releasing his Bankai. Only once he realized that it would be a pointless endeavor did he declare he was going for the kill. But by then it was too late. But the very first slash he landed, and even before that, Tousen had more than enough of an opportunity to win if he just went straight for the kill. Tousen lost because he failed to capitalize on what I think is his Bankai's biggest strength. Most people who experience it are bound to be initially surprised and confused -- even if only for a brief moment and even if they don't necessarily feel any sense of fear.

That's when Tousen needs to win. Because anyone in the series who's powerful enough to matter will probably be able to eventually fight back as kenpachi did. Tousen's one of those characters who in all actuality, should have the tools needed to immediately defeat almost everyone within this series instantly. But because plot protection will shield his opponents by degrading his intelligence every single time, it's not going to happen. It's a shame really. Because I like Tousen.

So I don't know if Tousen can really be considered "stronger" than Kenpachi or not. But I do know that particular fight could've easily went either way.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 22:56   Link #63
itachi29al

With the way there dropping the espadas i would not be surprised if stark was gone next chapter, it is my hope that it takes both of there bankai to bring them down. That would only leave one more to be revealed hmmm...... yamato
Old 2009-06-17, 06:22   Link #64
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
With the way there dropping the espadas i would not be surprised if stark was gone next chapter, it is my hope that it takes both of there bankai to bring them down. That would only leave one more to be revealed hmmm...... yamato
Nah, stark will go down and then we will have their epic return

Why I think so? Lets just look at other espada deaths:
Kaien( as espada) - his had was smashed, small heads were screamong in pain and then split appart.

Sayazel - Was struck into the heart and his condition definetly didn't look like he would live.

Zommari - his body dissapeared

Nnoitra - we clearly saw his dead body, he even had his last glance on Nel.

Ulquiorra - dissapeared.

Now about those who might live.

Grimmjow - has all chance to live since last time we saw him he was breathing.

Halibel - ice petals are still there, she is 3rd and most importantly we can't see her. Besides ice was broken many times in the past.

Barragan - is covered in smoke and we can't see him. No dead body, ashes or anything.

Those 3 espada didn't have any moment that would indicate on them being dead. Nor dead body, nor dissapearing or spliting up. So I'm sure we will see them again.
Old 2009-06-17, 07:47   Link #65
kenshinobu

Send a message via Yahoo to kenshinobu
hope this doesn't become
ukiXstark combo or you killed my best pal thing. just kill them both stark.
Old 2009-06-17, 08:02   Link #66
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

^ LOL yeeah I know Stark is Cool... but kubo wouldn't just finished off the top 2 Captain...
ukitake maybe have some sickness but he is one of the smartass captain and sunshui.. he is the top tier in the captain rank and yet we didn't see him go full power in the past... and they are the best combination in the SS (remember the fight with Yamaji...back in the SS)...
Old 2009-06-17, 08:10   Link #67
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Howling Wolves

Quote:

* Kyouraku has two techniques Bushou Goma and Taka Oni.

* First technique is a swirling wind which obscures your field of vision. and Second technique is understood to be some type of slash.

* Stark fires his Ceros called Cero Meteor Jet. At the end Ukitake uses his zanpaktou to repel the attacks. He uses a cero-like attack and the chapter ends

* Title is Howling Wolves and Stark is on the cover

Quote:
Taka means Hawk/Rising and Oni definitely mean Demon .. Rising Demon ??

Credits : (-) Zero / 69

EDIT : in Order

Spoiler for SPACE:

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-06-17 at 09:18.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 08:59   Link #68
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

^ I read that Starks technique might not have the word Meteor in it but actually Machine Gun due to some incorrect translations...

Im not sure though, just pointing out the possibility.

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 09:22   Link #69
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Some more info : )

Quote:

* Stark fires his Ceros called Cero Metralleta (Cero Machine Gun).

* The gun talks (Lilynette) and the dialogue is somewhat on the lines of gag manga.

Credits : (-) Zero / Zangetsu / Ohana

Old 2009-06-17, 09:33   Link #70
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

So Lilynette was Starks Zanpaktou....?

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 09:36   Link #71
Haak
Forever Alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
So I don't know if Tousen can really be considered "stronger" than Kenpachi or not. But I do know that particular fight could've easily went either way.
Well no, not really because psychology and intellect are part of what makes a good fighter.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 09:38   Link #72
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Some more info : )
The gun talked?
Yep, Kubo definetly watched Sould Eater recently and his fave character is Kid...
Old 2009-06-17, 09:44   Link #73
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
So Lilynette was Starks Zanpaktou....?
Yeah , Stark power is not sealed within a Zanapkuto, but his fraccion Lilynette . So when Stark does a Resurrection Liliynette turns into a weapon . Though she is not a zanapkuto spirit but part of Stark himself .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yep, Kubo definetly watched Sould Eater recently and his fave character is Kid...
Lucky no pipsqueak looking like Kid and Jinta is not that irritating
Old 2009-06-17, 11:34   Link #74
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Yeah , Stark power is not sealed within a Zanapkuto, but his fraccion Lilynette . So when Stark does a Resurrection Liliynette turns into a weapon . Though she is not a zanapkuto spirit but part of Stark himself .
So Lilith is a living Zanpaktou. That's nothing new because we saw both Zabimaru and Zangetsu walk around in their orginal "inside" form. Zapaktou's are part of the user anyway.
The only problem I see is why they both have "fake" zanpaktou anyway?
Old 2009-06-17, 13:04   Link #75
Fran~
floating away...

Lol... soul eater... damn kubo...
Old 2009-06-17, 13:18   Link #76
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well no, not really because psychology and intellect are part of what makes a good fighter.
...According to you. But that's you're own interpretation. "Strength" in and of itself can be interpreted in many different ways. Some individuals factor psychology & intellect into the overall equation (like yourself), and some don't. Some chose to use a more literal interpretation and only consider such things as who's physically stronger and more skilled, or who has the cheaper abilities. In fact, in many Shounen, and various other works, bad guys typically lose, not because they lack "strength", but because they get overly arrogant and cocky. Does that automatically make them "weaker" than the protagonist they lost to? Perhaps. But then again, perhaps not. One could easily argue for both sides and chances are they'd have a point.

In the end, it all depends on how you want to look at it -- which is why I'm hesitant to immediately jump to the conclusion that Ken > Tousen, or vice versa.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 13:55   Link #77
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
So Lilith is a living Zanpaktou. That's nothing new because we saw both Zabimaru and Zangetsu walk around in their orginal "inside" form. Zapaktou's are part of the user anyway.
There is a 'minor' difference .

When a soul gains/realizes shinigami powers the first step is calling out your Zanapkuto which is a part of your soul . In Stark case during evolution to arrancar, Stark split himself into two i.e. Stark and Lilinette.

These were the words used by Stark

Quote:
When we evolved hollow into arrancar. We divided that hollow power that other arrancar between their bodies and their swords .Into Two Bodies

When we once again become one our hollow power is released
Quote:
The only problem I see is why they both have "fake" zanpaktou anyway?
Speculating , they just might be ornamental . Liliy creates her Zanpakuto from her broken horn on the mask .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-06-17 at 14:11.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:21   Link #78
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
There is a 'minor' difference .

When a soul gains/realizes shinigami powers the first step is calling out your Zanapkuto which is a part of your soul . In Stark case during evolution to arrancar, Stark split himself into two i.e. Stark and Lilinette.

These were the words used by Stark

Quote:
When we evolved hollow into arrancar. We divided that hollow power that other arrancar between their bodies and their swords .Into Two Bodies

When we once again become one our hollow power is released

Speculating , they just might be ornamental . Liliy creates her Zanpakuto from her broken horn on the mask .
I get it that Stark suppose to be so much diffrent than other arrancars, but he is just more like shinigami but his zanpaktou (read: Lilith) can't turn into a sword.

Now that I think about it: if Lilith is Starks zanpaktou (or second body or whatever) then he doesn't have to worry about his fraction dying like others. As everybody saw Ikkaku's fight when he showed his bankai, his zanpaktou was all in pieces and then he marged it and realesed bankai anyway. This is enough proff that if Lilith would be killed, Stark still could just grab her corpse and pat it on the head and realese XD

I know that their swords were ornamental NOW, but seeing them fighting with them untill now makes me think that they were doing this for the sake of "plot twist" but weaker than "Espada Zero".

Top 3 espada fighting using their swords is weak in comparison not only to Ulq, but also Grimjaw - Grimjaw was using his claws in realesed form - more hollow like, but at least he didn't need a sword.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:35   Link #79
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I get it that Stark suppose to be so much diffrent than other arrancars, but he is just more like shinigami but his zanpaktou (read: Lilith) can't turn into a sword.
A normal soul with high reatsu has to materialize the zanapkuto once it gains sufficient amount of powers. But in Starks case he split himself into two , why is this that important .

A zanapkuto seals away arrancars hollow form/powers, making the hollow look humanoid and gain abilities . Stark instead of creating a zanapakuto to seal away his powers created an living entity which had stored away his sealed powers .

The difference I was talking about was every Zanapkuto has a spirit but that spirit is ethereal . That spirit only manifests into the real world when the zanapkuto is on it way to achieving bankai . Once you gain shikai you can venture into Zanapkuto World and Bankai the Zanpakuto spirit enters the real world .

EDIT : Yeah I got the point you were making regarding similarities thats true. But they are not similar i.e. one and the same thing .

Quote:
I know that their swords were ornamental NOW, but seeing them fighting with them untill now makes me think that they were doing this for the sake of "plot twist" but weaker than "Espada Zero"..
Yeah true Yammy being the Cero and the two bodies stuff is just a ploy or plot twist to generate ratings .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-06-17 at 14:54.
Old 2009-06-17, 16:37   Link #80
kamyu

Quote:
Yeah true Yammy being the Cero and the two bodies stuff is just a ploy or plot twist to generate ratings .
imo, it is a play on his loneliness theme.
he is the only one without a normal zanpakuto and even when he is with his fraccion he is still only with "himself."
kamyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion