AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-06-16, 10:31   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bleach Episode 224 Discussion Thread

Hiyo! Soi Fon's fight is over and done with, or is it? The angry old man who almost stood up is now intently staring at Soi Fon as Vega lays a waste. It can't be a meaningful stare, the type of gaze a man gives to assess the three-sizes. Insta-Disclaimer: As mom would say, *smack* "don't stare." Either way I have a feeling Soi Fon isn't Barragan's type. If the sequence is followed about these captain-fights, the next fight we see should be the annoying brat vs. the hawty Halibel. The preview for this episode indicated Rangiku will have her hands full with those three. Whether she succeeds or not, she shows once again how cool of a character she is just by daring to take on all three of them all by herself. Hopefully, the winning vice captains won't have their thumbs in their mouth and will come to aid Rangiku. From practical point of view, it's hard to imagine Rangiku will succeed against all three. That said, however, I won't put it past Kubo these days where his show makes little sense from episode to episode. Well, as long as there aren't any ninjas or Saiyajins' showing up....

Have fun discussing. It's nappy time......

Oh, and happy birthday to Riker.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 10:58   Link #2
kitten320

Spoiler for save space:
Old 2009-06-16, 12:01   Link #3
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Spoiler for save space:
Sad music for Vega isn't because he was hot and he have fans, it's because the next super plot twist is that Hollows are good and Shinigami's are the one that works for Aizen Oo

Censorship can be pain in the ass, especially when the only thing that deepens the story is what is censored. Like Shinigami instead of killing hollows (in this case humanised hollows - arrancars/espada) they give them candy to mess with their dentists.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:22   Link #4
Ichiban Hayai

I enjoyed the ep. especially for the plot twist at the end.
All this time I tried to figure what the huge hollow in the ending theme was...

Also seeing non-arrogant,calculating villains like Stark or Hallibel, is a thousand times better than the hordes of annoying/big-mouthed nobodies Kubo has shown as thus far.
Ichiban Hayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:51   Link #5
Sauzer

Spoiler for sight:
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 17:53   Link #6
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
ah, the more serious vibe is back too bad the studio hasn't the guts to show some amputations :/ the way the three fraccions "gave birth" to their pet doesn't feel right, what about touka koukan?

Stark/Shunsui is pure win and even Hitsugaya's moves are nice to watch.

furry apache is quite hot in her released form
Old 2009-06-16, 19:54   Link #7
Nightmare-Kun
The Nightmare Begins...

Vega

i like her fraccions they are awesome

i personally didnt see anything wrong with this

except the censoring which was lame
Nightmare-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 20:41   Link #8
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This was a pretty good episode, wasn't it? Oh my gosh! Hinamori, my least favorite useless girl from Bleach actually was quite useful. Her ability was just as impressive. I'm also impressed that she was able to overcome such psychological damage she sustained. Matsumoto seems to think otherwise. When Hinamori blasts the deer-head with her fireball to signal her entrance in the conflict, Matsumoto ponders if she is really alright. She poses the question soon after. Hinamori replies she is not here to represent Aizen-taicho even though she is wearing the insignia that symbolizes her vice-captaincy for Aizen. She says that she is wearing this particular one to represent all the other member in that division. She goes as far as to say that Aizen is now Soul Society's enemy. Matsumoto replies, "I see. As long as you understand." And then she observes, "Hinamori... I don't know if you've noticed. You've just referred to him as Aizen taicho."

I think Hinamori is still broken. She will flip once Aizen comes into view. I'm willing to go as far as to say that she has come to the battlefield because it gives her another opportunity to meet with Aizen. I do think her infatuation with him is that strong to the point of irrationality.

As for Halibel:

Halibel: what are you thinking about?
Annoying brat: nothing you need to concern yourself with.
Halibel: you are worried about your underling? Concentrate on your fight with me. Otherwise, you will die.

She said all those in matter-of-fact manner without sounding conceited. Got to love her. Shunshui and the lazy talented Espada is talking smack in their own way that utilizes praises to their opponents. These guys are still measuring each other. And then the twist of the story... the three ladies under Halibell have given a portion of their body to form something after Hinamori laid-in traps that forced those ladies to transform. That thing was having quite the reiatsu affect on everyone in the vicinity. Looking at the preview and the episode title for next week, that thing seems to be very powerful.

I've enjoyed this episode. The overall animation was nice. The music was pretty good. There were couple of scores in the episode that I don't think I've heard before which complimented the corresponding moments quite well. Two more episodes to go before manga adaptation takes a break and full blown anime-original/filler kicks in.

Old 2009-06-16, 21:39   Link #9
sayde

This episode proved rather informative. I had no idea Kidou spells could be combined prior to watching this. It makes me even more excited to see Kidou master Aizen in action 1000 eps from now.

Anyways, I've got so many mixed feelings with regards to Hinamori's presence and her current state of mind -- mainly because it's rather obvious that she hasn't completely gotten over Aizen just yet. She probably still holds a special place for the guy in her heart whether she realizes it or not.

Finally, I'm curious as to what exactly went through Aizen's head the moment he felt Hinamori's presence. Although that's probably one of those insignificant things that I'll never get an official answer to.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 21:43   Link #10
Jerseykid

I just want to see the captains fight.

I actually think they missed a chance with Hinamori, she could have appeared at an even more critical point for the first time, training for ever, used some forbidden stuff to surprise everyone with a bankai or something. She was the last person on my mind and she appears out of the blue to save the vice captain with the big breasts

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2009-06-17 at 00:07.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-16, 21:51   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Finally, I'm curious as to what exactly went through Aizen's head the moment he felt Hinamori's presence. Although that's probably one of those insignificant things that I'll never get an official answer to.
Have you ever seen a cow lazily regurgitating what it ate an hour ago and chewing it over and over with monotonous motion of the jaw? And then the tail suddenly flashes and swats that fly on the side of its belly. The unperturbed cow continues to chew with those big cute eyes without reflecting any emotions.

So if Aizen is the cow, guess what Hinamori is to him?
Old 2009-06-16, 22:20   Link #12
sayde

^^I rofl'd.

Thanks for that.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 00:20   Link #13
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Lilinette FTW. I still like the buttsecks avy better, but this will do for now until I get tired of the repetition.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 03:21   Link #14
EoT
~~

I enjoyed seeing Hinamori making a return. Hopefully we get to see some big Kidou spells seeming she is a 'kidou master'.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 03:31   Link #15
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*facepalm*

I always forgot their names...but I always thought Apache was the dark skinned fraccion...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 05:33   Link #16
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I just want to see the captains fight.

I actually think they missed a chance with Hinamori, she could have appeared at an even more critical point for the first time, training for ever, used some forbidden stuff to surprise everyone with a bankai or something. She was the last person on my mind and she appears out of the blue to save the vice captain with the big breasts
Hinamori with bankai?
None VC has one except Renji and Ikkaku who is 3rd seat. I definetly don't wait for any bankais from any of them, only from captains such as Shunsui, Soi Fon, Ukitake, Yamamoto, Aizen, Gin, Unohana... Yoruichi and Kisuke

Although her appearence would make better effect if they didn't show her in preview last week
Old 2009-06-17, 05:44   Link #17
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Hinamori with bankai?
None VC has one except Renji and Ikkaku who is 3rd seat. I definetly don't wait for any bankais from any of them, only from captains such as Shunsui, Soi Fon, Ukitake, Yamamoto, Aizen, Gin, Unohana... Yoruichi and Kisuke

Although her appearence would make better effect if they didn't show her in preview last week

No VC has bankai except Renji.....That we know of.
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 05:48   Link #18
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
You people give too much though into it
I'm sure Renji or Ikkaku would know. After all some VC do know about Ikkaku even though he keeps it secret.
Old 2009-06-17, 06:00   Link #19
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I didn't like the ep. The censored arm sacrifices plus the hints of DBZish powerlevels all throughout it. It felt kinda cheesey.

Although, Hinamori.
Old 2009-06-17, 06:05   Link #20
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
Technically Aizen was a VC with bankai.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote