AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-05-06, 12:50   Link #1
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
.hack//LINK

http://www.cc2.co.jp/hack_link2/index.html

.hack//LINK is an Action Role-Playing game, developed by CyberConnect 2 and published by Bandai Namco Games, scheduled to be released in 2009.

You'll be able to team up with over 100 characters from the past .hack series.

So anyone here besides me going to get this?
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 16:23   Link #2
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Is that for real?Oh my, my friends said that G.U was the last one of all hack//games, I'm so happy *o*
__________________


Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 18:11   Link #3
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Gah, PSP
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 18:37   Link #4
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
OMG another .hack game!! i'm sooooo excited!! what platform?
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 21:34   Link #5
denice25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
thanks for the info...
__________________
thanE
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 05:57   Link #6
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
I'm going to get it if they're going to localize it
I find it hard to understand Japanese language for this game orz.
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 06:58   Link #7
MeganeShounen
Ever-changing Life
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Gonna get this the moment it flies off the presses, figuratively.

The appeal of meeting everyone from SIGN to the IMOQ characters to the GU characters is simply too good to pass up on. It's a pity that parties ingame won't be as large as the former games, but it IS on the PSP.

Teaming up with either Kite, Haseo, Azure Kite or Ovan sounds interesting, to say the least.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 14:05   Link #8
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Far in the Gerudo desert
it sounds cool, but it makes you wonder why don't they just make an actual mmorpg based on dot hack. if they're still making dot hack games then that's the kind i want
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 22:24   Link #9
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5cm.per.second View Post
it sounds cool, but it makes you wonder why don't they just make an actual mmorpg based on dot hack. if they're still making dot hack games then that's the kind i want
Actually Bandai Namco tried to make one over in Japan but it flopped so they canceled the project.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 02:22   Link #10
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: below the sky, inside the time
fiuh...I'm relieved that I still have my PSP...
I saw Haseo in this game...but why is he still in 1st form....
I had played it until I got the Xth form so why does he must back to 1st form again...
or it won't be connected to the G.U series at all?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 09:41   Link #11
MeganeShounen
Ever-changing Life
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
fiuh...I'm relieved that I still have my PSP...
I saw Haseo in this game...but why is he still in 1st form....
I had played it until I got the Xth form so why does he must back to 1st form again...
or it won't be connected to the G.U series at all?
If you don't mind being semi-spoiled on the early parts of the .hack//LINK story, there's the manga. A few chapters have been translated...
Spoiler for LINK plot details, according to the manga so far:
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-18, 20:36   Link #12
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
I came when I saw some of the artwork of the characters.

Especially Midori and her Xth Form.

Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 02:06   Link #13
mageormike
Resident Gaijin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Age: 31
the music in the trailer combined with the new art style turned me off for a bit, I will admit. But the more I see of the game the more it begins to pull me back in ^_^;;

And it IS supposed to be the final chapter in the series. Since I got my psp recently too I really don't have a reason not to purchase now.
__________________
タイム イズ モネー!!
mageormike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 15:00   Link #14
digi.amuro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
We over at dothackers are starting a campaign to get NamcoBandai to localize .hack//LINK, so if anyone is interested in supporting the cause, see what you can do by clicking the link in my signature.
__________________
digi.amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 16:50   Link #15
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
We over at dothackers are starting a campaign to get NamcoBandai to localize .hack//LINK, so if anyone is interested in supporting the cause, see what you can do by clicking the link in my signature.
lol dothackers.net? nice bunch of people there
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 16:52   Link #16
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
seem kinda hopeless consider that namco bandai try to pull itself form western market.

however i have a plan try to join force with tales fan and make petition to localize they game
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 20:35   Link #17
digi.amuro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
seem kinda hopeless consider that namco bandai try to pull itself form western market.

however i have a plan try to join force with tales fan and make petition to localize they game
Wow, I'd heard they gave up on their western approach to games here and would go back to relying on their Japanese releases, but it hadn't occurred to me they might completely pull out of the American market, if that's what you are implying.

As far as joining up with Tales fans, it as something suggested during preparations for the campaign since Tales fans have been shafted for years, but I don't know what they decided to do in regards to that. I think that'd be an awesome idea though, joining forces with other groups under the JRPG flag.
__________________
digi.amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 01:07   Link #18
Otsdarva
Cadenza
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
As far as joining up with Tales fans, it as something suggested during preparations for the campaign since Tales fans have been shafted for years, but I don't know what they decided to do in regards to that. I think that'd be an awesome idea though, joining forces with other groups under the JRPG flag.
It isn't and wouldn't be a bad idea to just campaign JRPG games in general. It'd be a longer stretch though and unity doesn't necessarily make up for it. I've been a tales fan since Symphonia, and I've been increasingly aware Namco Bandai simply doesn't care about the Western audience.
Otsdarva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 03:01   Link #19
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Let's just hope that namco bandai will get their money first before localizing this game
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 18:42   Link #20
digi.amuro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cello View Post
It isn't and wouldn't be a bad idea to just campaign JRPG games in general. It'd be a longer stretch though and unity doesn't necessarily make up for it. I've been a tales fan since Symphonia, and I've been increasingly aware Namco Bandai simply doesn't care about the Western audience.
While I think the case with the Tales series is completely valid, I believe atm they care a little too much about the Western audience now.

I'm not gonna get into the long drawn out rant about the industry [I was], but I'm sure we all know what the bottom line is. They're businessmen looking to profit and will do what they think will lead to that profit. Maybe if we beat them over the head with it, they'll get it, haha!

In the meantime, I'd like to at least say I tried to do something, even if it's fruitless.
__________________
digi.amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.