AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 55 30.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 24.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 19.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 13.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 6.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.20%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.55%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.20%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-06-20, 01:11   Link #141
OkamiNoKaze

Yeah I've seen Mikuru's in the one episode, I was talking about the frog suits everyone else wore,
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 01:13   Link #142
Jill-JÍnn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Well, like what I posted on the 2009 Re-Launch topic, here is the new opening piano version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wjMqRMc5Kg
Please tell me if you like it ^^'
Jill-JÍnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 04:17   Link #143
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Fun episode, lovely reference to Itano's circus.

Also no matter how many times I've seen it I do find it curious that the characters can respond to Kyon's thoughts.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 05:29   Link #144
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kind of makes you wonder if one answer is that he mutters unconsciously ...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 14:51   Link #145
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Caught an FLV version (very small)...... I'll just note that Haruhi has a rather dramatic shirt with "69" in huge font and chuckle at what I assume is the implicit "engrish". Fascinating, they played the storyline in this episode completely "straight".... I'm guessing the next episode is the equivalent of the "Nagato data spew" mind-blow we got in ep 5 of season one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm very sure that the shirt is the staff's way of mocking Aya Hirano.
I don't know, on close examination Haruhi is wearing a shirt with "*69".

The holes in the 69 are stars.

So... I'm wondering if that is intentional... *69 ----> Plot of Endless Eight?

It seems to fit to me. Could they really be that subtle? If so I think it's pretty amazing.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 16:16   Link #146
Vicious108

That was a rather... uneventful episode. Visuals were pretty and music was nice, but overall it just felt kinda pointless.

I guess it being a two-parter they're leaving all the relevant events for next week. Which hopefully will make the episode more interesting than part 1.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 17:25   Link #147
ReneeBurossamu

69... who knew that even Haruhi would do that to us??

Anyway, since I've watched this episode for about the third time, I just noticed that Mikuru has said more to Nagato and Koizumi in two episodes than in the entire 14-episode first season. It's pretty annoying to see Mikuru transfer lines between just Kyon and Haruhi.

I like how this episode gave off a vibe that even though everyone is an "agent" from a faction, they're all civil and friends.
ReneeBurossamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 19:24   Link #148
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
69... who knew that even Haruhi would do that to us??

Anyway, since I've watched this episode for about the third time, I just noticed that Mikuru has said more to Nagato and Koizumi in two episodes than in the entire 14-episode first season. It's pretty annoying to see Mikuru transfer lines between just Kyon and Haruhi.

I like how this episode gave off a vibe that even though everyone is an "agent" from a faction, they're all civil and friends.
Not just 69.

Google "Star 69" and suddenly it fits in with the plot of Endless Eight.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 19:33   Link #149
Klashikari
SwordsēMaidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Urgh. I call this Episode 12, but the ASuki mods are calling it Episode 2. Talk about a numbers mindfuck. >_<
We decided to put this kind of number style because:
1) most just want to check stuff related to the new season
2) Using "current" numbers used for this airing season will be even more confusing because we certainly won't create threads for episodes from the old season. Therefore, seeing threads like "Episode 8, Episode 12" out of nowhere wouldn't be exactly anything better.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 19:53   Link #150
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
But wouldn't be better use both then? Still confusing, but less so.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 20:39   Link #151
Solachinx
is a myth

Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Excuse me if I sound rude, but why not just use the title?
Old 2009-06-20, 20:42   Link #152
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Because most people don't kown the episodes by title. For the most recents one there ar no problem, if this tread was called "Endless Eight" everyone would know that is the episode 12/02, because it is stiked. However, in few weeks it will not, and not al will know which"Endless Eight" is.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 21:43   Link #153
snapte

Calling it episode 2 does make a lot more sense in my opinion, but it wouldn't hurt to have the official episode number in brackets or something.
snapte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 01:02   Link #154
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Because most people don't kown the episodes by title. For the most recents one there ar no problem, if this tread was called "Endless Eight" everyone would know that is the episode 12/02, because it is stiked. However, in few weeks it will not, and not al will know which"Endless Eight" is.
Sorry, but that makes no sense. Are you actually implying that weeks from now people are going to forget which episode is "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" (the one with the sticking the papers on the bamboo) or "Endless Eight" (the one that happens at the end of the eighth month, August), but they'll know them as Episode 1 or Episode 2 when there's up to twelve other new episodes that are similarly named?
Old 2009-06-21, 01:15   Link #155
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Sorry, but that makes no sense. Are you actually implying that weeks from now people are going to forget which episode is "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" (the one with the sticking the papers on the bamboo) or "Endless Eight" (the one that happens at the end of the eighth month, August), but they'll know them as Episode 1 or Episode 2 when there's up to twelve other new episodes that are similarly named?
For what it's worth, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" is a pretty memorable title, along with "Endless Eight", but for the most part I would be more likely to remember an episode by number/sequence than by title. Not all titles are equally memorable, plus the files don't generally have titles in them either. I suppose the ultimate ideal would be to have both number and title (as is a common standard on Japanese p2p), but that's just not the usual way in the English community.

At the end of the day, the way we're listing the episodes here in the forum is consistent with the way we list them on AnimeSuki proper. So, while all the arguments have some merit, we might as well be, at the very least, consistent with our own "parent site".
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 03:17   Link #156
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

So, while all the arguments have some merit, we might as well be, at the very least, consistent with our own "parent site".
Feh, where's the fun in that? <grin>
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 03:34   Link #157
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Kind of makes you wonder if one answer is that he mutters unconsciously ...
Actually, one of the older theories on why Haruhi seems to be able to respond to Kyon's thoughts (which could be extended to the rest of the SOS-dan) is that, while he might think he's just snarkily thinking to himself, what's really happening is that he's actually unconsciously saying things out loud.
Old 2009-06-21, 03:38   Link #158
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill-JÍnn View Post
Well, like what I posted on the 2009 Re-Launch topic, here is the new opening piano version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wjMqRMc5Kg
Please tell me if you like it ^^'
Wow, i loved it. It's really well made. I thought the upbeat of the music wasn't going to get nice in the piano, but you nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually, one of the older theories on why Haruhi seems to be able to respond to Kyon's thoughts (which could be extended to the rest of the SOS-dan) is that, while he might think he's just snarkily thinking to himself, what's really happening is that he's actually unconsciously saying things out loud.
So, Kyon is crazy then? And it's strange, because Kyon never reacts like "wow, she's reading my mind?" or something like that. It's really strange.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 04:10   Link #159
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Speaking one's mind out loud doesn't really mean he's crazy -- a few of my friends do it in their unguarded moments too -- it's just that it's one of the more likely theories out there. Discounting the possibility that Haruhi might have an empathic link with Kyon (which might go some ways to explain why she seems to be able to read Kyon's mind), it doesn't really explain why everyone else can reply to Kyon's musings as well.
Old 2009-06-21, 04:17   Link #160
lazybum

Just what the hell was yuki playing with at the fireworks scene?
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote