AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-20, 13:34   Link #1
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Out on XBLA 24/06/09/, Discussion

Just got confirmation that MOTW is going be out next week on XBLA for 800 Space bucks(10$). Online also!

So this thread is for discussion the awesomeness of one of the best SNK Fighters.

"
SNK’s arcade fighting Garou: Mark of the Wolves is coming to Xbox LIVE — Japan is getting it June 24 for 800 Microsoft Points.

The game was originally released in Japan back in 1999 and in the U.S. as Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves. It’s the final Fatal Fury title.

The LIVE version will feature online matching for that versus arcade experience."
Old 2009-06-20, 17:34   Link #2
User91411
Disabled By Request

Fucking awesome. MOTW WAS the best SNK fighting game ever IMHO, KOF doesn't even compare to Garou. And online gameplay? Sweet!

MOTW >>> KOF
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 17:55   Link #3
Sheba
*singing In the Navy*

The quality between KoFs fluctuates a lot. 98 and 2002 got Ultimate Match editions for a good reason. While the originals were fine, it just should have been more, and the UM editions showed that. (especially true in the case of 2002 that was like a rebalanced 98 but clearly rushed).

Now, regarding MoTW, it is one of the finest SNK fighters with Last Blade 2. Graphics, animation and gameplay, most of them were top notch and still are. I used to have a good Just Defend timing, however I got rusty. My mains were Kain (<3 charge characters),Rock Howard, Griffon Mask and Kevin Ryan.

Last edited by Sheba; 2009-06-20 at 18:45.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 18:48   Link #4
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Its out now, Everything seems good. Netcode is either hit or miss though.

To get rid of side bars, adjust your resolution
Old 2009-06-25, 05:21   Link #5
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man I remember playing this game when it first came out in the arcades. Doesn't seem all that long ago. Has to be the most balanced of all the SNK fighters and is just plain fluid on a level that matches Street Fighter 3 Third Strike. I remeber fighting Kain and thinking, "Wow this guy has some strong moves, but they didn't make him have absurd priority, take almost no damage and dish out half a life bar in one combo like the average SNK boss". Good stuff. My preferred character was Hotaru Futaba and I still recall her special desperation attack:

Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 13:49   Link #6
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

My feelings are mixed between ecstatic at seeing the re-rise of possibly one of the greatest and most balanced fighters in history and sheer horror of a game like this with the piece of shit known as the 360 controller.