AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 74 39.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 26.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 13.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.07%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.14%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-27, 22:32   Link #261
CrowKenobi
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: there... just there.
...after she pulls the sixteen ton megahammer-of-death out of nowhere and starts playing whack-a-mole with Kyon... >.<

__________________



CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 22:33   Link #262
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
... Now I want to see that...
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 22:40   Link #263
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
is it just me or is haruhi herself getting a much more fanservecy treatment this season
this episode in praticular made it a point to draw attention to her for fanservece purposes more then usual
We were watching stuff we'd already seen in the previous episode, so obviously they had to show things in a slightly different light to still make it fun. What better way to do than giving it the fanservicey treatment?
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 00:14   Link #264
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Well looks like there will be no "Deus Ex Yuki" this time, For whatever regardless of how bored she is, content to just observe.
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 01:44   Link #265
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
That, and the fact that, if she were to be the one that was going to break the loop, she probably would've done so by now.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 05:53   Link #266
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
From a blog in Japan:

Anyone noticing how the ED is foreshadowing Haruhi's "disappearance"?

Top to bottom: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight Pt 1, Endless Eight Pt. 2
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 06:28   Link #267
fish eric
like to talk to fish?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its not a single event in any of the cycles that made Yuki bored, yes she is bored, terribly bored. In fact in the novels, Yuki lists a number of items, not just how many times they realised and you can say everything that ever happened already happened thousands of times, there's no single event that would traumatise Yuki.

Mikuru didn't just lose a link to her home. Imagine what could be so important that the travelers must do that they have to send Mikuru to the past? By confirming that the future is gone, she didn't just lose her home, everything in the future has completely disappeared from existence. Mikuru has failed in this mission and all purposes of her existence is gone. And there is seemingly no way to fix it because even Nagato has no idea how.

Yea, she was definately bored. I mean over 500 years? In the novel kyon talks goes into more detail about how Yuki looks different. Its crazy that it took centuries to have her face show slight changes.

And Mikuru is Mikuru. She is so precious when she cries. It makes you want to give her a big hug and tell her that everything is okay, but then you gotta somehow save day and be her hero.

Hehe her voice on the phone k k k kyonnn....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, deja vu is your synapses misfiring and shunting oncoming information through memory before it reaches your conscious awareness.

This one time, a friend of mine got high and started having deja vu about EVERYTHING. It was rather funny.


So, what Kyon and Itsuki are experiencing isn't deja vu, it's just them remembering something they should have forgotten.



It's because he's EVIL.



And I'm perfectly happy with that
AS GAY AS POSSIBLE, like I always say.



But Kyon's too much of a wuss to go through with this.

He'd even get a hot girlfriend out of it. But no.
I respect your opinions, but they are just that. You shouldn't say things like "Deja Vu is caused by "something". No body knows for sure. Here is a snippet from the site www.HowStuffWorks.com

Quote:
There are more than 40 theories as to what déjà vu is and what causes it, and they range from reincarnation to glitches in our memory processes. In this article, we'll explore a few of those theories to shed some light on this little understood phenomenon.
If you are interested in reading the article here is the link.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/deja-vu.htm

Honestly the part that I said "psychic connection with your future self" is really nothing more than thinking out loud about weird stuff. If I had to bet money on the true cause of Deja Vu it would be that we are recalling something from our dreams.

I believe that dreams are not only a way of organizing data that you have collected throughout the day, but I think are brain also takes that data and then runs simulations. This way if the brain (the whole body) encounters a situation that it has never been in before its already has a course of action planned.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 06:35   Link #268
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
That, and the fact that, if she were to be the one that was going to break the loop, she probably would've done so by now.
Yuki likely has orders against breaking the time loop. The IDE probably wants to keep it up for as long as possible for observational reasons.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
But Kyon's too much of a wuss to go through with this.

He'd even get a hot girlfriend out of it. But no.
Of course Haruhi is likely to get twice as bossy as a girlfriend...but 6 times as likely to go "deredere". So I suppose it would all even out as a net gain.

...of course Kyon would have to do it a thousand times because Haruhi will reset the week that the confession took place in over and over again because it'd be so embarrassing for her.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 06:38   Link #269
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
That, and the fact that, if she were to be the one that was going to break the loop, she probably would've done so by now.
You'd think she'd want to get out of it the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I respect your opinions, but they are just that. You shouldn't say things like "Deja Vu is caused by "something". No body knows for sure.
As usual, I'm just paraphrasing my psychology textbook here.

Also Wikipedia says pretty much the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Of course Haruhi is likely to get twice as bossy as a girlfriend...but 6 times as likely to go "deredere". So I suppose it would all even out as a net gain.

...of course Kyon would have to do it a thousand times because Haruhi will reset the week that the confession took place in over and over again because it'd be so embarrassing for her.

Totally
worth it.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 06:41   Link #270
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hong Kong Shatterdome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You'd think she'd want to get out of it the most.
Again, she probably had orders not to interfere. Which is probably why she reacted so stoically when Kyon approached her. She was blowing him off because she knew she couldn't help.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 07:59   Link #271
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Berlin, Fatherland
Yes, her orders were to observe.
Other than that, it could be because Kyon had asked her those questions thousands of times already.
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 08:02   Link #272
Forever
Revealing the truth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Again, she probably had orders not to interfere. Which is probably why she reacted so stoically when Kyon approached her. She was blowing him off because she knew she couldn't help.
lol I still belong the faction that thinks that Yuki does not interfere becuz she enjoys the situation.

Imagine reseting over 15000+ times, surely there wil be sometimes kyon will have some romantic moments with her.

Who knows maybe in some of the resets, kyon actually deposits some genetic data in her? I am sure Yuki would love to have more data from kyon.
__________________
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 09:32   Link #273
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Liked this episode a lot!!

Although seeing almost the same scenes twice made me somewhat frustrated, I think it is very necessary to ensure that the emotion of the audience is one that is somewhat parallel to the characters: confusion, frustration, and (in Yuki's case) horrible boredom. I never thought that I would say that an anime had to be boring to be a good show, but I guess Haruhi proved me wrong. That will make the conclusion just that much more satisfying.

On the other hand, I don't want this to drag. I hope it wraps up next episode. But if KyoAni can pull something off where it doesn't end next episode and pull it off well, then bring it on!!

Yuki makes me sad this episode. Poor poor Yuki. It's interesting how even Yuki the alien can get worn down by depression, which I think is her emotion right now. Please feel better next time, Yuki! (Maybe we'll even see her smile after this is all done)
__________________

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control ~ !
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 15:03   Link #274
Aqua Knight
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 21
Wow I'm surprised they stretched it so.
Well in the ep there was more focus on Mikuru's breast , lol.
Also Izuki looked really like a character from yaoi anime and this " I love you" was as if he was saying it to Kyon.
And at the end it looked like Kyon was killed by Light via Death Note because of the heart attack.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 15:15   Link #275
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
lol I still belong the faction that thinks that Yuki does not interfere becuz she enjoys the situation.

Imagine reseting over 15000+ times, surely there wil be sometimes kyon will have some romantic moments with her.

Who knows maybe in some of the resets, kyon actually deposits some genetic data in her? I am sure Yuki would love to have more data from kyon.
And Yuki is bored because Kyon did none of such. It may be killing the YukixKyon fanbase, but it is a setup.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 15:47   Link #276
eternal_bliss
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: chi town!
Can't believe they're stretching this out to a third part. At least in this episode, it didn't seem like the activities were as rushed as the first part.
__________________
it's funny how the sky can cry so easily when it wants to, but when it comes to a human being, pride always stands in the way
eternal_bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 16:00   Link #277
xellos2099
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
In the manga version they get this arc done pretty quickly. It is like they completely chop off part 1 and fused 2 and 3 together. Anyway, it is been hinted through the two episodes the thing missing.

Last edited by xellos2099; 2009-06-28 at 16:10.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 16:36   Link #278
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Aratani, the storyboard and episode director, really enjoys sexual things and yaoi too much. Her pornographic works off the top of my head are: Mikuru's breasts bouncing in remote island syndrome I as an animation director, the mole in RIS II as a storyboard and episode director and Kyou in the gym room in Clannad as a key animator. And the animation director is Nishiya, who is one of the top two animators who can draw characters erotic in KyoAni. Of course the other is Aratani. Beside that, the assistant episode director, Utsumi, is the one that illustrates Kyon this sexy.


Though I said in the previous thread that Nishiya's works were getting better soon, this is more than what I expected and I never thought his next work would come out this soon. No, I'd have to admire the episode directors who asked that much of him more than him.

I love this episode, but I feel like I got fooled by the dramatic directing. Too strong impressions that made on us would be sort of trouble to the staff members in charge of the next episode. Can the next episode surpass them? I think it's doubtful.

Is the dramatic directing is Utsumi's taste? I'll look forward to her coming episodes. She should direct one or two more ones in Haruhi.
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 17:04   Link #279
Kogetsu Shirogane
Giant Doughnuts for All!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Otonokizaka
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Who knows maybe in some of the resets, kyon actually deposits some genetic data in her? I am sure Yuki would love to have more data from kyon.
. . . THE GREAT GODDESS IS NOT A SLUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
It is like they completely chop off part 1 and fused 2 and 3 together.
More like the anime decided to go with three loops instead of just one.
__________________
Ryuko Matoi, Kill la Kill
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... that's... not a doughnut...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 18:53   Link #280
Animexcel
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
After I saw this episode, I had a brief dream that Yuki lost it and went "NOOOooo!!!!"
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.