AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 74 39.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 26.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 13.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 10.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 4.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 2.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.07%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.14%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-06-30, 22:02   Link #341
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Didn't Kyon get as much or more fanservice than Itsuki? (his double-take at Haruhi notwithstanding)

Seems like the guys have more service than the girls lol

But Kyon also enjoys the service of the girls together with us.

On same dishes, there are also people who always eat the same dish in a restaurant. Either because they are less risk taking or they simply like that dish the most.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradelus View Post
I'm sure this has been said many times but..
Kyon with his shirt off? In front of his sister? Not saying that it's wrong but I didn't know Kyon was that casual even though it's blatantly obvious that he's very laid back.
Yea, its a little weird, Imouto-chan must be used to Kyon topless all the time lol

Imouto-chan herself looks super cute in her casual clothes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 23:49   Link #342
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Seems like the guys have more service than the girls lol

But Kyon also enjoys the service of the girls together with us.

On same dishes, there are also people who always eat the same dish in a restaurant. Either because they are less risk taking or they simply like that dish the most.Yea, its a little weird, Imouto-chan must be used to Kyon topless all the time lol

You guys think its weird for a guy to be topless at his house? I think its pretty normal. Especially considering that the Japanese have family bath time y'know?
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 00:36   Link #343
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Yea, its a little weird, Imouto-chan must be used to Kyon topless all the time lol

I don't know whether the return of Haruhi make all characters became extra cute.... but Imouto-chan's line of " Kyon-kun, Denwa" was so adorable....

Make me once again feel so jealous at Kyon

On another note, i feel a little bit ( a very little bit) disturbed whenever ppl making Itsuki sound like he's official gay to Kyon. Haven't read the novel, but i truly like the guy's personality as far as the anime go, and i don't think his action express any of his sexuality preference either (of course as the anime process, my opinion may change, but no spoiler pls )
Don't mind of all the jokes through, especially when it comes to Itsuko and Kyonko

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-01 at 03:54.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 01:20   Link #344
Sir Jeeves

I feel the same way about Koizumi. I of course would have no problem with him if he were gay (some of my best friends-- I mean favorite anime characters are gay!), but I'm just not quite feeling it from him. Though this latest episode might have some anime-only viewers convinced, something I won't mention here from the novels makes me more confident in my argument.

I think he's just a theatrical type of guy who has some slight boundary issues or difficulty respecting personal space. Flamboyant =/= homosexual.

Spoiler for Nothing will keep me from cracking up at this picture, though:
Sir Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 03:51   Link #345
Pradelus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
You guys think its weird for a guy to be topless at his house? I think its pretty normal. Especially considering that the Japanese have family bath time y'know?
Not at all. It's just to some of us, it doesn't fit his character as much.
Pradelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 07:32   Link #346
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
If anime is a dish, fanservice is the extra spice or decoration that gives the consumer more pleasure. Of course there are people who prefer their food simple.
...when it comes to food that's actually my exact thought.

Of course that's not to say I like blatant fan service shows. I think what we're seeing in these latest Haruhi episodes is pretty moderate all things considered.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:00   Link #347
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jeeves View Post
I feel the same way about Koizumi. I of course would have no problem with him if he were gay (some of my best friends-- I mean favorite anime characters are gay!), but I'm just not quite feeling it from him. Though this latest episode might have some anime-only viewers convinced, something I won't mention here from the novels makes me more confident in my argument.

I think he's just a theatrical type of guy who has some slight boundary issues or difficulty respecting personal space. Flamboyant =/= homosexual.

Spoiler for Nothing will keep me from cracking up at this picture, though:
I always figured he acted that way towards Kyon because Koizumi figures a little behavior like that will satisfy any Yaoi fangirl tendencies Haruhi might have and thus prevent her from actually turning him gay.

That would be the worst, cause then he would be gay for Kyon, but unable to have him either without Haruhi deciding to destroy the world. So better to just act a little, and pacify the Haruhi.

Of course... he acts that way even when Haruhi isn't around... but maybe Koizumi is just into method acting.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:20   Link #348
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I always figured he acted that way towards Kyon because Koizumi figures a little behavior like that will satisfy any Yaoi fangirl tendencies Haruhi might have and thus prevent her from actually turning him gay.

That would be the worst, cause then he would be gay for Kyon, but unable to have him either without Haruhi deciding to destroy the world. So better to just act a little, and pacify the Haruhi.

Of course... he acts that way even when Haruhi isn't around... but maybe Koizumi is just into method acting.
That could be a reason for that behavior, but then when Haruhi isn't around, he keeps it up so Kyon doesn't catch on to the act either. The question only becomes whether he ends up doing to himself what he was afraid that Haruhi would do to him in the first place...
Old 2009-07-01, 10:26   Link #349
Arrnea
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
That could be a reason for that behavior, but then when Haruhi isn't around, he keeps it up so Kyon doesn't catch on to the act either. The question only becomes whether he ends up doing to himself what he was afraid that Haruhi would do to him in the first place...
That would be just Koizumi's luck, turning himself gay out of fear that Haruhi will do it for him.

On a somewhat related note, did anyone else get the feeling that Koizumi was somewhat disappointed when he admitted that 'he would never be suitable for the role', that being the role of 'embrace Haruhi from behind and whisper "I love you" into her ear'
It may have just been his disappointment and Kyon's lack of willingness to do so himself, but it might have been something else
Old 2009-07-01, 12:53   Link #350
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
That would be just Koizumi's luck, turning himself gay out of fear that Haruhi will do it for him.

On a somewhat related note, did anyone else get the feeling that Koizumi was somewhat disappointed when he admitted that 'he would never be suitable for the role', that being the role of 'embrace Haruhi from behind and whisper "I love you" into her ear'
It may have just been his disappointment and Kyon's lack of willingness to do so himself, but it might have been something else
Or she's already done it and convinced him he's acting.......
All men are not created equal. Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of a greater status. Some, by contrast, are born weak of body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different. Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory! That is why there is war, violence and unrest. Inequality is not evil. Equality is. ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
CharlesDiBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 14:06   Link #351
Lexich

OR, Koizumi lusts after them both and restricts himself to "flirting only" with Kyon because he knows Kyon is not interested in serious relationship(with him)? Of course, him confessing to Haruhi is out of question due to his position of observer.
Lexich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 16:40   Link #352
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
The best term I could think to use to describe Itsuki would be Metrosexual. Perhaps I'm wrong and he is gay, but I'll continue to assume that he's straight until more substantial evidence comes along.

I was rather shocked watching this episode RAW at his behavior until I read the subs and discovered the proper context of what he was saying.

Nevertheless, I suspect that this episode will give a lot of yaoi fangirls reason to make more yaoi fanart and fanfics to flood into whichever site they post them at. :P
Jonbob0008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 18:09   Link #353
Archon_Wing
Sisyphean Crusader
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Endless summer, sounds very familar. Surely sucks to repeat the something so many times!

8/10 from me. A very good episode, though it sometimes lost my attention and for some reason Mikuru has been grating to me this season.

However, this is not just merely the repeat of the last episode. The slight changes and diffrent angles give a new experience and that makes the episode very enjoyable. The last part of the episode was art and comes the closest to suspense than anything in Haruhi. There's some real danger here and it looks like Yuki can't just technobabble their way out this time. What will they have to do if they can't remember what happens when the world resets again. That's pretty close to eternal torture.

Yuki is the most amazing character in this episode, and I can't help but feel for her having to put up with all this crap and having to keep it all to herself. Kyon is wondering the same thing too.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:00   Link #354
Somnus
Kissing the sky

Great episode...you know, they have a large assortment of casual outfits throughout this show (compared to most anime). I personally find that awesome. As far as this ep in particular goes, the thing that shocked me most was the number of times they had looped. I was thinking it was nothing over 10...I was way off.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 01:06   Link #355
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Great episode...you know, they have a large assortment of casual outfits throughout this show (compared to most anime). I personally find that awesome. As far as this ep in particular goes, the thing that shocked me most was the number of times they had looped. I was thinking it was nothing over 10...I was way off.
The name of the arc itself and some random spoiler spoiled me about the loop.
But yeah at first i thought it's only few times. However 15,000 times were so unexpectable, i was like......".... did they translate it right" (but i heard "ichi man go sen...... something", so it's only half of second doubt).

For Endless Eight we should have a poll to vote for favourite God Empress's casual outfit (Black T-shirt with black tie looks so well......)
Old 2009-07-02, 01:37   Link #356
OkamiNoKaze

I liked the first out fit she was in this episode, and this was the better of two swim suits
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 12:04   Link #357
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Haruhi in a swimsuit = drool so I'm sure the Haruhi fans are glad to see that again so soon. :P

Also you have to feel sorry for Nagato who can actually remember those 594 years go by like that. No wonder she actually looked bored.

BTW I kinda got annoyed with the filters they used sometimes, as if it wasn't hard enough for me to make Avatars without a harsh filter ruining it.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 20:09   Link #358
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I feel bad that I just saw this. Higurashi vibes? I had a creeping feeling this entire episode.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 20:12   Link #359
Ithekro
Space Battleship

The Higurashi cry even in the episode....
Old 2009-07-02, 20:20   Link #360
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
I just noticed that the ED is slowly changing every episode
The part where the characters show up with their respective background colours are slowly getting brighter and if you noticed when they move they are getting more blurry...intriguing
I think you're right.
Also, I think the part when their faces show up in the beginning of the ED is changing too. It might just be me, but the characters are flickering more with each episode. In the beginning, they'd flash once or twice, but now they're rapidly flickering.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote