AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-28, 14:50   Link #21
Susanou
.Enforcer

Good evening all, I have come to drop something that should give some more attention to the second season

Spoiler for NSFW:

Enjoy.
Old 2009-09-29, 13:55   Link #22
Midonin
Last Engage

It has been decided. Season 2 will be simulcast. So will Season 1.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 14:01   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Good news. That will make it much easier to watch.
Old 2009-09-29, 21:39   Link #24
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Nice. I haven't seen any of this series, but it looks like it might be right up my alley.

Based on the ANN description, it seems like it might have been designed by Satou and Yamazaki from "Welcome the the NHK." Something about ghosts and childhood friends and giant robots and...ww.

The only annoying thing is having to catch up with S1 first before getting on track for weekly simulcast watching. That might take a week or two, because I like to watch anime slowly and savor it.

Last edited by einhorn303; 2009-09-30 at 21:35.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 21:26   Link #25
Midonin
Last Engage

Simulcast is go!

Spoiler for Asura Cryin' 2 01 - Eats, Shoots and Leaves:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:27   Link #26
Alive

The first episode of the second season was really as cryptic and confusing as the first season. So overall it hasn't got worse but it hasn't improved
Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:41   Link #27
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

OP

I thought it was nowhere near as needlessly cryptic as any part of the first season personally. I mean, yes, "the LHC did it" is kind of dumb, but they're actually explaining things now instead of just throwing vocabulary words around.
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:48   Link #28
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Well compared to the first episode of the 1st season it's much better.
Spoiler for A question:

Also I miss the magical dildo.
Old 2009-09-30, 22:49   Link #29
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Isn't Rhodonite, Hisui, Bismuth and Hagane at the end of the Opening, although the color of them seem off ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Well compared to the first episode of the 1st season it's much better.
Spoiler for A question:

Also I miss the magical dildo.
go to wikipedia if you want the answer, we have 2 worlds here and think that related to Tomoharu 1st usually complicated
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 01:17   Link #30
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Seeing a solid Misao from the past made me sad, since she's incorporeal now. Poor girl. T_T

Tomo saves the episode from being a total downer by his actions soon after though. Gogogo promise to love her forever and quest to save her from her fate, Tomo! ^_^

And no, I'm not going to lie. It's only out of pure shippiness that I'm still here after the very mediocre season 1 lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 01:34   Link #31
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 04:20   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 14:

Wouldn't it be better if this thread was joined together with the first? I mean it is just episode 14.
Old 2009-10-01, 09:03   Link #33
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wouldn't it be better if this thread was joined together with the first? I mean it is just episode 14.
Not only this, but shouldn't the thread also be located in the "Licensed" section?
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 10:16   Link #34
Riza-chan
Only Happy When it Rains~

Yay! I'm glad to have Asura Cryin back~

And to me seems like the second season could become way better than the first.
Old 2009-10-01, 10:37   Link #35
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riza-chan View Post
Yay! I'm glad to have Asura Cryin back~

And to me seems like the second season could become way better than the first.
Asura Cryin' has always struck me as a show with enormous potential. The first season didn't really capitalize, so I'm banking on the second season doing so.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:00   Link #36
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Asura Cryin' has always struck me as a show with enormous potential. The first season didn't really capitalize, so I'm banking on the second season doing so.
The only thing I hate is that it is licensed. It is going to be hard to get subs.

On the other hand, S1's ending is excellent. Death of an Asura is pretty epic.

OT : This is a great season for anime! This, White Album 2, Kobato and Tegami Bachi all have great storylines....rarely in such a time they come in a horde like this!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 11:10   Link #37
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
Not only this, but shouldn't the thread also be located in the "Licensed" section?
It indeed should

No for merging the threads though, we have always kept different seasons as separate discussion threads, regardless if the second one is a direct follow up or not.

As for the episode itself, i must say i found it fairly enjoyable - better than i had expected. The fact they finally dwelt reasonably extensively on the past events and this "first world" is a good sign - such exposition was what the first series lacked, remaining more cryptic than it should have. So now we know the events that lead up to the short "flashback" at the start of episode 1, and it certainly was different than the few theories i had formed back then. I am going to remain cautiously optimistic that the following episodes will follow episode 1 in terms of continuing to unravel more plot relevant details. While the way season 1 was structured is certainly questionable, i still rather liked (and still do) the ideas behind the plot, so i am all for seeing more of it explained, the premise certainly seems interesting to me, even if misshandled in season 1.

Another thing i found attractive about the series was the chemistry between Tomo and Misao, and that hasn't changed either - be it the 1st world or the 2nd, their private interactions always come across as quite heartfelt and sincere. It's quite rare to see a pair as naturally comfortable around each other as these two. Though that was to be expected from first episode, animation was quite nice as well. I hope they can keep it up with greater consistency than the first season, which had some notably bad moments in this regard.

Was somewhat disappointed by the OP though - it starts slow and drags along that way halfway through it, and the later half wasn't as catchy as Spiral either, though that might be just me. Overall a good start for the new season here's hoping they can keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Amen to that.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:33   Link #38
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Ah first episode is out, downloadin'.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 11:35   Link #39
sikvod00

Well...I certainly have no love for the OP. One of the reasons is that is starts off WAY too slow.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 11:37   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
It indeed should

No for merging the threads though, we have always kept different seasons as separate discussion threads, regardless if the second one is a direct follow up or not.
Even though there's a couple of shows that have two seasons (like Queen's Blade) that share the same thread. Plus relentlessflame told me that there won't be a second White Album thread for the second season, and we just keep the talk in the first season thread.

Tags
fantasy, shounen