AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-25, 08:37   Link #4261
blackstormattack
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Lily, you just bumped, didn't you? XD

Note that Hades hasn't his devil eye animore in the preview
__________________

blackstormattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 10:36   Link #4262
Eragon
Legit star crossed lovers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
Great episode. Even though it's funny I think they should stop putting scenes like that(the one involving Happy) when something serious is going on. I know it's not a big deal now but they should stop before it becomes a trend in the anime(well, i think it's already there but still).
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 11:29   Link #4263
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I have to add to the sentiment about this episode being really good. The music really stands out to me and really adds to the animation and story that's happening. It's rare that I really feel the music, or am even aware that it's there; there are only a small handful of series that resonates with me on that level.

Yeah, and Lucy's comment about the one magic and her mom... since they are continuing the FT anime (albeit after some filler arc), we will get to hear a little more about that. But even that aside, I think it's becoming more and more obvious that Lucy's mom is involved somehow in the whole thing with the dragons and the one magic/source of magic. I'm looking forward to finding out just how all these hinted puzzle pieces fit together (although it feels like Mashima is really dragging his heels on the story).

And speaking of filler, considering the fight at the camp was filler, I have to echo the other earlier sentiment that FT really does filler well. I've seen the horror that was the Naruto filler (pre-timeskip), and so am really aware of how bad it can be. And of all the filler I've seen in any series, I find FT's to be one of the best. And so I don't feel any dread, thinking of the filler that will come after this arc.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 12:46   Link #4264
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fire/Lightning Natsu was just awesome!!
I loved watching him kick ass ^^
Happy really has a serious thing for Charla lol
I'm still at awe when I see Lilly changing size, so cool!
Great episode!!
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 12:54   Link #4265
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And speaking of filler, considering the fight at the camp was filler, I have to echo the other earlier sentiment that FT really does filler well. I've seen the horror that was the Naruto filler (pre-timeskip), and so am really aware of how bad it can be. And of all the filler I've seen in any series, I find FT's to be one of the best. And so I don't feel any dread, thinking of the filler that will come after this arc.
I think what makes the filler at the camp so good is because it shows exactly why people like Cana, Elfman, Levy, and Fried were worthy of being chosen as S-Class candidates.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 18:18   Link #4266
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Oh man that dragon's breath was so awesome. Too bad Hades is still kicking. Glad Natsu remembered what Gildartz said and was able to make everyone move again. Oh so Lucy's mom comes back into the picture because she also knew about the one magic. Enjoyed the trio taking out the stragglers. When they were in the vent i was wondering why Happy wouldn't want to be behind Charla and then he got jealous of Lily after he bumped. So hopefully the power source gets shut down and then maybe Hades' magic goes with it.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 18:53   Link #4267
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Oh man that dragon's breath was so awesome. Too bad Hades is still kicking. Glad Natsu remembered what Gildartz said and was able to make everyone move again. Oh so Lucy's mom comes back into the picture because she also knew about the one magic. Enjoyed the trio taking out the stragglers. When they were in the vent i was wondering why Happy wouldn't want to be behind Charla and then he got jealous of Lily after he bumped. So hopefully the power source gets shut down and then maybe Hades' magic goes with it.
Well, no one said the machine Happy and co. said was the ship's power source. After all, they were discussing what the heck it was they found. And evidently, it's "alive" and called "Grimoire Heart." And if Happy were to be behind Carla, wouldn't that risk him being called a perv?
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 19:58   Link #4268
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I have to add to the sentiment about this episode being really good. The music really stands out to me and really adds to the animation and story that's happening. It's rare that I really feel the music, or am even aware that it's there; there are only a small handful of series that resonates with me on that level.
Odd, I felt Evil-Eye Hades's music was surprisingly weak
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 20:28   Link #4269
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
Odd, I felt Evil-Eye Hades's music was surprisingly weak
I personally thought the the change from the previous track to that one was actually pretty well done however the track isn't anything amazing per se, it just works well enough.

What I thought week on the sound camp was actually the way that the fairy tail theme remix (I think) started: it was too abrupt for my tastes.

Fairy tail has had some pretty good musical placement but this latest episode isn't the best of examples even if it isn't anywhere near a bad one.
__________________

Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 07:19   Link #4270
Serpit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
A group of extremely powerful demons unable to hit 5 people running straight at them?

I love you, Fairy Tail.

Last edited by Serpit; 2012-02-26 at 07:40.
Serpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 07:33   Link #4271
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Natsu had a nice combination with thunder and fire That roar was amazingg :P Happy is so funny, he likes Carla so much haha bet he is regretting to go in front of Carla now
__________________
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 08:51   Link #4272
classic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I think what makes the filler at the camp so good is because it shows exactly why people like Cana, Elfman, Levy, and Fried were worthy of being chosen as S-Class candidates.
Well, i dunno about others, but Fried showed that he is worthy of beeing an S-class a long time ago in his great fight with Mirajane (although he lost, he showed some really powerfull abilities) as well as Erza`s comment that Fried should talk with Makarov about becoming an S-class.
Really, i think his power was lowered by the anime. Remember, he kicked the bunch of FT members including possible s-members Juvia, Cana, Elfman. Makarov cant do ANYTHING with the absolute power of runes. In manga he ia able to wrote runes very fast and in the anime he has troubles in fighting one dog from Grimoire Heart.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:27   Link #4273
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
Well, i dunno about others, but Fried showed that he is worthy of beeing an S-class a long time ago in his great fight with Mirajane (although he lost, he showed some really powerfull abilities) as well as Erza`s comment that Fried should talk with Makarov about becoming an S-class.
Really, i think his power was lowered by the anime. Remember, he kicked the bunch of FT members including possible s-members Juvia, Cana, Elfman. Makarov cant do ANYTHING with the absolute power of runes. In manga he ia able to wrote runes very fast and in the anime he has troubles in fighting one dog from Grimoire Heart.
I agree with you mostly except that to be technically fair, during the Battle of Fairy Tail it was mentioned that Freed had prepared before hand the runes long ago.

During his battle at the camp he had already faced off against one of the 7 Kin of Purgatory, further more he didn't have enough time to complete his runes. So i guess its pretty fair to see a weaker side of him. Runes are extremely strong but require time to prepare. Or so says Makarov or someone. But yeah its kinda irritating he took that long to kick the dog's ass.

If there's anyone thats weak It'd be Gajeel i mean come on! He got raped by 1 chicken and dog, rested for the entire arc and when the dog and chicken is back in action he's still chilling out ;x he's much more stronger than this! Not to mention he didn't even participate in a single fight before that [Levy and him got the safe route, remember?!]
__________________
When you hate others you hate yourself. When you forgive them you too are saved. - Asakura Keiko
xKeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:41   Link #4274
classic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
I agree with you mostly except that to be technically fair, during the Battle of Fairy Tail it was mentioned that Freed had prepared before hand the runes long ago.

During his battle at the camp he had already faced off against one of the 7 Kin of Purgatory, further more he didn't have enough time to complete his runes. So i guess its pretty fair to see a weaker side of him. Runes are extremely strong but require time to prepare. Or so says Makarov or someone. But yeah its kinda irritating he took that long to kick the dog's ass.
Well, i agree with considering different traps that he led during Battle of Fairy Tail, but he fought Cana 1 on 1 without any trap as well as with Elfman after that and Mirajane after Elfman. Remember his spells which he did while being transformed - they were very powerfull. Dog from Grimoire Heart was kicked by Gajeel before this fight too so they both were not "fresh".
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 01:03   Link #4275
MechR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Don't diss the dog; he was more competent than his boss. Plus he uses the same type of magic as Fried, which let him counter Fried's runes relatively well.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 01:19   Link #4276
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
That thing was a dog? I thought it was a sheep/camel
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 01:35   Link #4277
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the dark of night.
Age: 20
i cant wait to see how hades gets beat.
__________________
FrequentGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 12:24   Link #4278
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
That thing was a dog? I thought it was a sheep/camel
Or a goat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequentGamer View Post
i cant wait to see how hades gets beat.
Well, you can always guess.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 15:58   Link #4279
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Really liked 119, the end part with that last push was great, cheesy as hell but the cheesy as hell type that puts a stupid grin across your face

But again the cats take moment of the ep again, Happy not being happy about Lily bumping butts

And yea the filler stuff at the camp was pretty good as well, they do pretty well with filler here in this anime.

Some of which has been absolutely hilarious.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 11:00   Link #4280
Quarkboy
Anime Translator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
One thing that's always kind of bothered me about little Erza is that she's wearing pretty fancy armor even as a kid.

If I recall, her adult outfit is made specially made by Heart Kreuz, one of the most famous armor brands...

But Erza comes into Fairy Tail poorer than poor. (I mean, she was a slave...)
And she's obviously not going on S Class missions at that age yet, so how does she suddenly get all that money to afford fancy armor she'll just keep growing out of?
__________________
Yomiuri Television Enterprise
International Media Strategy Chief
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.