AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-02-15, 23:20   Link #5561
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep169:
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 00:20   Link #5562
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Laxus and Ivan went talky-talky a bit too much again; would have preferred more added to the fight scene instead. I suppose they needed to eat up time so they wouldn't have to complete Wendy/Cheria.

Speaking of which, Wendy/Cheria fight didn't have too much added to it, either. Here's hoping they add more fight next time.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 00:51   Link #5563
HiddenMessage
HuH~?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The -666 Dimension
Age: 24
This episode was very well animated!
Already like Wendy Vs Cheria more than the past matches already.
Them people pissed off the wrong GM.
Spoiler for Stare into the Face of Annihilation!:
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 02:17   Link #5564
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Holy cow, Mavis is pissed! I wonder what she will do, though. That cute loli in fury mode looks very scary. I'm not sure, but I bet Mavis is on par with Zeref.

It looks like things will turn drastically soon, with Cheria using something that is related to Zeref. Are lost magic all related to Zeref? Or is it God Slayer magic is related to Zeref. Either way, I expect Fairy Tail to take a change in direction after this battle. It has been essentially just battles so far this arc, but I'm guessing the story aspect will come through soon.

As for the previews, it looks like Mavis and Laxus has a heart to heart talk, which hopefully she'll review what this dark secret is.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 03:24   Link #5565
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
well, the fighting part with raven tail was kind of disappointing, i was hoping to see Ivan's magic and Laxus vs Ivan, well Laxus did blast of all them in one hit, however it has got me interested in the dark side of fairy tail.
and i think we are sure to get Orga vs Laxus

Cheriavs wendy is going way better than i thought, Cheria is a God Slayer and somehow linked to Zeref, that's one of the best thing happened in the tournament and the black wind is too cool,finally we have some development on the Zeref part, looks like Mavis has also sensed the Lost magic connected to Zeref
good to see Wendy also doing a better job at fighting,but she still tripped and fell, and so did Cheria, so funny
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 03:44   Link #5566
vansonbee
❤Nishino Tsukasa❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
I'm assuming God Slayer are magic learned by Zeref who is consider a GOD?
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 04:14   Link #5567
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MAVIS WAS SOBBING IN THE PREVIEW! WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ATROCITY!? HEADS WILL ROLL I TELLS YA!....is how the Mavis crew will react^^;;, and I can't wait>v<.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 04:59   Link #5568
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
So raven Tail finally showed their true color.
A guild made up of people who want to destroy Fairy Tail.
Looks like master figured it on own his on a while back.
I was glad Laxus finally unleashed himself on Raven Tail.
It was just awesome!
Raven Tail paid the ultimate price on the tournament.
Disqualification + a 3 year ban from the games.
Wendy vs Cheria! Those two are really alike.
It was an amazing battle, but I seriously doubt Wendy will win.
Loved this episode. Finally some justice for Fairy Tail.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 08:48   Link #5569
ImperialFlameGod8190
The Supreme General
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
who knows all I do know is that announcer guy is even MORE CREEPY then in the manga it proves he's a lolicon
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 09:06   Link #5570
Eragon
Bancho Mako best Mako
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 20
I knew it, spiky blond haired guys are way too strong AND arrogant(deservedly so ) A mad Mavis is certainly something to be concerned about - provided you are at the receiving end of it.
Poor Wendy I feel for you kid. Well the next ep should be interesting.

Speaking of next episode, I didn't see the preview, but from MAX's post it seems someone made Mavis cry..................I need to get my gun or chainsaw......
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 21:28   Link #5571
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
How did the illusion work on Erza? I thought with her fake eye, she was immune to magic like that?
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 21:29   Link #5572
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
How did the illusion work on Erza? I thought with her fake eye, she was immune to magic like that?
Her other eye is still susceptible. Whenever she took advantage of that to dodge some sort of illusion magic she had to close her "good" eye to do it.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 01:13   Link #5573
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A Yellow Submarine
Age: 19
The animation and the way they draw the scenes of the newer episodes is really amazing FT is back on track! xD It tempts me to break my FT anime fasting, haha
__________________
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Pinwheel
All new FT, all new SIG! Whoosh!
Pinwheel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 04:32   Link #5574
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
who knows all I do know is that announcer guy is even MORE CREEPY then in the manga it proves he's a lolicon
lol I was wondering why he was so into the fight. He wasn't like that in the manga?

I loved this episode a lot. It's nice to see more Laxus, and I love how his character has developed throughout. He's really cool too.

His relationship with his dad is interesting. I can see why Master wouldn't want to take action on his own son, but that form of thinking does't always apply from child to parent. Laxus showed it too. Laxus and Master are good people though, whereas Ivan isn't so much.
Really interested what this secret is.

The battle was really fun to watch, and already it's looking to be my favorite of the arc so far.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 04:55   Link #5575
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
lol I was wondering why he was so into the fight. He wasn't like that in the manga?

I loved this episode a lot. It's nice to see more Laxus, and I love how his character has developed throughout. He's really cool too.

His relationship with his dad is interesting. I can see why Master wouldn't want to take action on his own son, but that form of thinking does't always apply from child to parent. Laxus showed it too. Laxus and Master are good people though, whereas Ivan isn't so much.
Really interested what this secret is.

The battle was really fun to watch, and already it's looking to be my favorite of the arc so far.
Yeah, that guy was way too into that fight. I think they should put a restraining order in on him. He was already super hyped up when announcing Cheria in the first place...

Laxus really has come a long way. Get to see a lot of him with flashbacks. Started off as the good kid, then his dad gets kicked out which left him angry and confused, that carried on until it overwhelmed his reasoning and he did all that Battle of Fairy Tail nonsense. In the end got some sense knocked into him and his time away from the guild gave him greater perspective. Growing up with Fairy Tail, probably left him unable to truly appreciate what a great place it was until he left for a while. Now can truly treat the guild as his family, though of course his grandfather will always be special .

Think it was easier for Laxus to draw that line with his father. Can see how he might have ended up if he didn't change. His father was kicked out and became twisted and pathetic. His whole existence about making an anti-Fairy Tail guild. While succession has gotten silly with Macao becoming Master, followed by Gildarts, followed by Makarov again, I do think Laxus has finally matured into a guy who can become the Master of Fairy Tail at some point.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 05:00   Link #5576
Robotech Master
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
lol I was wondering why he was so into the fight. He wasn't like that in the manga?
Oh no, he was. And it's an aspect of him that will carry on through other days of the tournament too. It's just that seeing it in motion makes the whole thing really stand out compared to how you might just gloss over it in the manga.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 00:28   Link #5577
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In the dark of night.
Age: 19
well for once i actually read the manga... cant wait to watch the next episodes now,even tho i spoiled them for my self.

and Laxus... uncompared in awesomeness in episode 169, and that announcer guy.. i think he turned... lol
__________________
FrequentGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 16:16   Link #5578
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Think it was easier for Laxus to draw that line with his father. Can see how he might have ended up if he didn't change. His father was kicked out and became twisted and pathetic. His whole existence about making an anti-Fairy Tail guild. While succession has gotten silly with Macao becoming Master, followed by Gildarts, followed by Makarov again, I do think Laxus has finally matured into a guy who can become the Master of Fairy Tail at some point.
I like the idea of Laxus being the Master one day. Even if Makarov is still around but needs to step down for whatever reason. And Mavis is around now too, but don't know for how long.

I think the idea of 2 masters seems cool. Laxus, and for some reason I can imagine either Mira or Cana.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 00:59   Link #5579
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: akihabara :D
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
I like the idea of Laxus being the Master one day. Even if Makarov is still around but needs to step down for whatever reason. And Mavis is around now too, but don't know for how long.

I think the idea of 2 masters seems cool. Laxus, and for some reason I can imagine either Mira or Cana.
I can see Laxus and Mira becoming a GM someday, but Cana? Nah especially when she's Gildart's (iirc, he passed the leadership status back to Makarov) little princess and I can see her giving no f***s about managing a guild and she'd rather enjoy drowning herself with a free gallons of rums or whatever it is she's drinking.
__________________

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 07:20   Link #5580
vansonbee
❤Nishino Tsukasa❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
I can see Laxus and Mira becoming a GM someday, but Cana? Nah especially when she's Gildart's (iirc, he passed the leadership status back to Makarov) little princess and I can see her giving no f***s about managing a guild and she'd rather enjoy drowning herself with a free gallons of rums or whatever it is she's drinking.
Cana is the mascot and idol of Quatro Puppy guild now OR possible Bacchus x Cana.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.