AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-05-29, 07:43   Link #1441
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The thing about FT anime is that the anime actually did go some extra mileage to connect the dots left empty by the manga. Too lazy to recall all, but the easiest one will be the current Loki arc which actually been foreshadowed earlier.. So the connection is there, some seamlessly embedded by the anime team (the hand sign for example) but never felt out of place and disconnected from overall story.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-29, 13:10   Link #1442
kitten320

I said that only begining felt like seperate arcs without any huge connection. It all mostly started to get tied up together after Erza had appeared.
Old 2010-05-30, 14:25   Link #1443
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It is more of a One Piece style. I myself have never watched One Piece because of that but Fairy Tail seemed to be more likeble for me.

Also story might seem a bit dragger and boring at first but it definetly picks up the space afterwards. At least it got my full attention when Erza entered the picture and when they headed for the cursed island but mostly in Lucy arc with everyone in action. So I suggest you to watch all episodes that are out so far and then decide what to do next^^
I finished them in like 2 days but I had a lot of free time.

My only complain is the censorship of the anime. I really hope they will consider it and will make less censoring later.

P.S. And title also made me think about should I watch it or no
Haha, I think I only saw one episode of One Piece, so that show did not even register as a comparison, but I think you are right! But that neko reminded me of a pokemon, lol.

They censored this? What could possibly be raunchy in that show? haha

Yeah, it felt like an episodic show, is there an over arching premise that controls all the arcs to some extent?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 16:04   Link #1444
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's nice to see fanart from this little arc.

Old 2010-05-30, 16:09   Link #1445
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's nice to see fanart from this little arc.

So cute. So the opposite of Pokemon, LOL.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:17   Link #1446
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
They censored this? What could possibly be raunchy in that show? haha
What's been censored is the blood and cuts from the fight scenes. There's none shown during the battles.

Quote:
Yeah, it felt like an episodic show, is there an over arching premise that controls all the arcs to some extent?
You'll basically see as you carry on watching that it's the cast that places everything together in this show, just as each show in the genre does.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:22   Link #1447
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
What's been censored is the blood and cuts from the fight scenes. There's none shown during the battles.

You'll basically see as you carry on watching that it's the cast that places everything together in this show, just as each show in the genre does.

RE: cuts. Ahhh. I see. I saw -- forgot what show, but the openings from America and Japan and they edit stuff out like cigars/cigs, guns look more like toys, etc. I see what you mean. Thanks!

RE: cast places everything together: I don't know if that makes sense to me. Or what it means. Gomen. :O. For example, Monster-- had to hunt the monster. 12 kingdoms: series of arcs, but unifying theme nonetheless. I would think this is more like Tears to Tierra.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:32   Link #1448
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well without spoiling you, basically each arc is focused around our band of main characters as they end up in different situations which ends up them having to fight for different reasons. Like i said, it's just the same basic setup as most shounen fighting shows.

Just carry on watching and see what you make of it.
Old 2010-05-31, 00:11   Link #1449
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 31 was great. Erza in the bath with her Armor, was kinda funny. You guys have peeked my curiosity with it being some kind of foreshadowing. Poor Loke, that's gotta suck for him, I sure hope there is a way to save him. He's a cool character, he resembles a good friend of mine.
Old 2010-05-31, 02:00   Link #1450
Namiey
is busy...
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Namiey
hey, lets make image thread about this fairy tail series
Old 2010-05-31, 03:26   Link #1451
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namiey View Post
hey, lets make image thread about this fairy tail series
That only happens when a series has it's own section, and Fairy Tail doesn't. All images will be posted in this thread.
Old 2010-05-31, 06:32   Link #1452
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 32:
Old 2010-05-31, 06:46   Link #1453
Ash Falls Town

Spoiler for Episode 32:
Old 2010-05-31, 08:08   Link #1454
kitten320

Quote:
RE: cuts. Ahhh. I see. I saw -- forgot what show, but the openings from America and Japan and they edit stuff out like cigars/cigs, guns look more like toys, etc. I see what you mean. Thanks!

RE: cast places everything together: I don't know if that makes sense to me. Or what it means. Gomen. :O. For example, Monster-- had to hunt the monster. 12 kingdoms: series of arcs, but unifying theme nonetheless. I would think this is more like Tears to Tierra.
Well they don't go THAT far! But for example in one episode Gray grabs a sword but no blood comes or in some other scene the enemy says "You are all cut over" when he looks exactly the same before he got cut... simply in bruises.

Yeh at first they do look like small arcs but later they start to have connection. Like I duno... for example some building got blown up in one arc and in second arc we see it being re-constructed. So they are already kinda linked. Also later you can see foreshadowings for next arc in curret ones. So yeh they do get tied up together after some time.
Old 2010-05-31, 10:14   Link #1455
Acadia

Near the end of ep 32, Lucy had that ribbon out of her hair for once. That by itself made her look quite a bit different than usual. I didn't realize it right away, so I was like... there's something wrong about the way Lucy is animated today. heh

Great ep, btw.
Spoiler for Ep 32:
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 10:16   Link #1456
Acadia

Oh and seriously, if Fairy Tail is going to be some 400 episode show thingy, could we create a proper forum like they do for Bleach, Naruto... ect? Really need one for a show like this.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 10:25   Link #1457
kitten320

They might do it later but right now Fairy Tail doesn't seem to be that popular... Just compare threads with each other.
Fairy Tail has 32 episodes aired but only about 1 500 posts in whole thread. While Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou which has only 9 episodes and is about to end has almost 2 000 replies.

Fairy Tail just didn't reach the point of where it needs seperate foum. We need more viewers.
Old 2010-05-31, 10:56   Link #1458
Arjento

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
They might do it later but right now Fairy Tail doesn't seem to be that popular... Just compare threads with each other.
Fairy Tail has 32 episodes aired but only about 1 500 posts in whole thread. While Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou which has only 9 episodes and is about to end has almost 2 000 replies.

Fairy Tail just didn't reach the point of where it needs seperate foum. We need more viewers.
Fairy Tail is quite popular already.
[snip]

And the soundrack is epic, as it's the same guy that composes the Shippuuden music.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-05-31 at 11:26. Reason: dont talk about leeching in a CR thread
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 10:59   Link #1459
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia View Post
Great ep, btw.
Spoiler for Ep 32:
Because she's a main character.
Old 2010-05-31, 11:05   Link #1460
Bern-san

finally one of my favourites episodes, liked the new things they added at the end of the chapter and that we are starting Tower of Paradise without any filler episode before

although i was disappointed that
Spoiler for 32:
but well the rest of the episode compensated that, best episode adapted

and i love blue pegasus, my second favourite guild after fairy and i hope that we see more blue pegasus soon

Shiroth, I agree with you about Loke in suit is so awesome

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen