AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-06-22, 05:11   Link #1581
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
yeah, the anime follows the manga faithfully. I think there's 1-2 filler episodes but that's about it. Besides, there're additional materials that make the story flows much better. Definitely worth a watch!

About the latest episode, highlights are Lucy's new clothes and Erza's past. Jellal's voice actor makes him sound so dependable. I didn't feel much for this character reading the manga, but I feel more for him now. Juvia's comical moments shine through once again. haha, so funny to see how she made the water bubble for Lucy smaller than others without Lucy realising it.

Not really sure about the piece of music accompanying the flashback of Erza in the second half of the episode. It's Rachmaninoff, the version that Chiaki plays in Nodame! I just can't swap my mindset around for that. uhhhhh!
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 05:30   Link #1582
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Touching episode when Erza captured, but still doesn't feel like enought since we waited two weeks. I was hoping for more of Erza's past.
Well the preview for this episode didn't show much flashback material, so it's your own fault for getting your hopes up . But yeah you'll get what you want next episode.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 07:05   Link #1583
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheart214 View Post
hi everyone,
i have been following fairy tail manga for quite some time, is this anime series good?
i mean, does the anime storyline follows the manga, or it spun off to its own story like bleach..?

thanks~!
I don't remember Bleach anime having it's own story 0_o
It follows the manga but when it is too close to catching up, it launches fillers.
Eventually Fairy Tail will get the same fate but for now as far as I know it was all manga based.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 08:35   Link #1584
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't remember Bleach anime having it's own story 0_o
It follows the manga but when it is too close to catching up, it launches fillers.
Fillers are anime original stories.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 08:59   Link #1585
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
In bleach case it is really doubtful sometimes... I mean they are fighting fraccions and then all of a sudden they are back in SS.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 09:03   Link #1586
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
finally the flashbacks~
i enjoyed the episode

i don't think i'm going to get used to hearing Jellal instead of Jeral and Tower of Heaven (by the way wasn't a track in the OST which was called Tower of Paradise?)

my only complaint is the change of background in the Council, i don't really like that they are standing with the magic circles below but meeh

some extra images taken from the manga

Spoiler for Rave x Fairy Tail:


Spoiler for Saturday Night Fever x Fairy Tail:
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 17:20   Link #1587
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
In bleach case it is really doubtful sometimes... I mean they are fighting fraccions and then all of a sudden they are back in SS.
The fact is lionheart214 asked about original stories (fillers) in Fairy Tail, and used the ones that do happen in Bleach as an example. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
(by the way wasn't a track in the OST which was called Tower of Paradise?)
Yeah but that's just a translation. Doesn't mean it's a correct one.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 21:09   Link #1588
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
i don't think i'm going to get used to hearing Jellal instead of Jeral and Tower of Heaven (by the way wasn't a track in the OST which was called Tower of Paradise?)
I believe it was also called the tower of paradise in the manga
it could just be a translation issue... when you think about the term figurative term "heaven" and the term "paradise" are pretty interchangeable... though consider what the R-system does, i'd say that tower of heaven could be considered a better name(literally, instead of figurative for heaven); what with bringing dead people back to life and all that.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:15   Link #1589
lionheart214
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
thanks~!
I don't remember Bleach anime having it's own story 0_o
It follows the manga but when it is too close to catching up, it launches fillers.
Eventually Fairy Tail will get the same fate but for now as far as I know it was all manga based.

yes, i am referring to the fillers episodes. i don't like the plots in the fillers, e.g. bleach, naruto... understand they need it to keep the anime going , while waiting for the manga to unveil more plots.. but, to me, it just kills the series.
lionheart214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-22, 23:18   Link #1590
lionheart214
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
yeah, the anime follows the manga faithfully. I think there's 1-2 filler episodes but that's about it. Besides, there're additional materials that make the story flows much better. Definitely worth a watch!
thanks~ hope i will enjoy watching this anime! i love the manga.! thanks everyone~!
lionheart214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-23, 14:40   Link #1591
Chase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Episode 34 was great like all the other episodes for a long time now. Ive become real dependent on this anime every week now. lol. Flashback was great and didn't expect the twin brother deal. Need more Juvia/Virgo.lol. I kid.
__________________
No, just because Setsuna is not spamming the scene, killing everybody and not winning all the time doesn't make him a bad pilot.

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 00:30   Link #1592
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
The anime storyline is absolutely faithful to the manga, yes. But the censorship is borderline 4kids level and that keeps bugging me.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 09:08   Link #1593
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
The anime storyline is absolutely faithful to the manga, yes. But the censorship is borderline 4kids level and that keeps bugging me.
Hazards of being in a prime time slot. The network gets input on what is, and isn't acceptable.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:32   Link #1594
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
But the censorship is borderline 4kids level and that keeps bugging me.
Other then the blood, what else do they censor?
dickdatduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:04   Link #1595
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
Other then the blood, what else do they censor?
Well, one thing that comes to mind is that in the manga, during the Phantom Lord arc, Gajeel stapled Lucy to the wall, and was amusing himself by throwing knives at her. She'd just pissed him off enough to throw one directly at her when Natsu burst through the stone work. The anime changed the whole crucify and throw knives thing to some extra (and more brutal) Gajeel kicking Lucy around.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 11:20   Link #1596
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Well, one thing that comes to mind is that in the manga, during the Phantom Lord arc, Gajeel stapled Lucy to the wall, and was amusing himself by throwing knives at her. She'd just pissed him off enough to throw one directly at her when Natsu burst through the stone work. The anime changed the whole crucify and throw knives thing to some extra (and more brutal) Gajeel kicking Lucy around.
I don't think that's got anything to do with censoring, i mean there's been little changes like that quite a bit with this adaptation. The change of seeing Gajeel kicking Lucy is just as bad as throwing knives at her.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 13:10   Link #1597
bombyethan1000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
I hope this anime goes on continuously and follows the manga like one piece, presumably
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 00:04   Link #1598
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
I hope this anime goes on continuously and follows the manga like one piece, presumably
the manga is far ahead enough for the anime to follow it without putting in fillers up till around 50ish ep.

I really don't think FT will go beyond that many episodes. Of course, if it did go beyond, I'd be very happy too.
__________________

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 07:03   Link #1599
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
Reminder

This is the anime-only Fairy Tail discussion thread. No one is stopping you from disucssing the manga but this is the wrong place. If you want to discuss the manga then please post in the Fairy Tail manga thread!

In addition the thread seems to be getting derailed a bit. While we don't mind some off-topic chatter please remember not to go too far off-topic when replying. Some of the recent posts would be better suited to be either Visitor Messages or PMs.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-26, 12:26   Link #1600
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Looks like 3 series had ended at the page front and soon FMA also will end... wonder which animes will take their spots. Would be nice if it was Fairy Tail

blewin
There is no deadline for the series so I'm sure it will keep going.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.