AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-09, 20:44   Link #1841
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
About Juvia:

Spoiler for ep 41 juvia:
Spoiler for Juvia:


Of course that all this pales in comparison to the fact that it's beggining to look rather obvious that this adaptation will end soon, probably around the 50/60ish mark so we don't have much more FT to look forward too... that is what really grinds my gears...

Spoiler for Erza:
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 21:14   Link #1842
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
20mins after Natsu and the others get back to the new guild hall they distory the place
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 21:49   Link #1843
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah does seem like they want to end it after the next arc. Not like that's necessarily it forever, but could just decide to break there and continue down the road. Can always work in the skipped foreshadowing somehow.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 01:18   Link #1844
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Can you guys post the chapters they skipped in this ep? Cause you guys keep implying that it's eerily important.

Awesome parts of this episode:

Natsu spitting out fireworks LoL!

Erza's new paladin suit, DAWG ITS AWESOME!

Gajeels Song, lolwat.

Natsu denying reality.

Juvia's new wardrobe <3

Princess cradle, dam Natsu's face was scary.
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 01:41   Link #1845
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Can you guys post the chapters they skipped in this ep? Cause you guys keep implying that it's eerily important.
Basically stuff that sets up future arcs. Like, way ahead. Mostly cutting to different or new characters having mysterious conversations (like we used to see with Sieghart before this arc).

Warning, manga spoilers ahead, it's unclear whether the anime will ever show these, but click at your own risk.

Spoiler for Manga:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 03:33   Link #1846
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Of course that all this pales in comparison to the fact that it's beggining to look rather obvious that this adaptation will end soon, probably around the 50/60ish mark so we don't have much more FT to look forward too... that is what really grinds my gears...
They could probably cover this arc in about 9 episodes or under, so yeah i'm gonna go with it ending at episode 50.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 09:32   Link #1847
amjzz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
The omitted parts after natsu defeat gerard are a clear sign that they will end the anime fast.

Its not an small omission like a joke, they basically said "lets remove everything that may have a significal importance for the next arcs".

These are the reasons of why i speculate that, they are not spoiler, i will just mention past parts that were omissed:

Spoiler for events that were ignored:



The removal of gazille and lucy lulz moments was very disappointing, just because it was one of my favorite part of the manga. They already put it in episode 41 so i doubt they will re-add the same escene. Its not an important part, but it was very funny.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-10, 12:13   Link #1848
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
i just wonder how they'll handle this arc...

Spoiler for manga:


PD: i forgot to mention some things about 41, Juvia looked really awesome animated with her new appearance and GajeelxLevy....
Spoiler for some GxL fanart:



for anime-only 41 started with chapter 100 in manga and fonished at 105, the only thing they animated of 104 was Gajeel's song... just if you want to watch them
Spoiler for Gajeel's song in manga:
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:09   Link #1849
Lumir
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
"You dont die for your friends. You live for them in order to create that happy ending."

That line just made fairy tale 100000000x more epic. What a series this is turning out to be. Pure win... pure win.
__________________
Lumir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 04:33   Link #1850
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Time
to
marathon!
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 10:35   Link #1851
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Washington, MD
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Is this show really worth checking out? My friend has been telling me that it's great and I need to watch it, so last night I uploaded 24 episodes to my ipod. Not sure if I am willing to dive into the show because there is lots of talk that it is going to go on forever.
__________________
Life is not so much random chocolates,
as it is a can of sour soda that we open up, and guzzle down.
We know it is sour, but we will drink it anyway.

Never Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 11:17   Link #1852
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
If you like One Piece, Naruto and Bleach then it is for you. Show has some nice characters, humor and action.

Manga is still on-going but some people are saying that anime might end soon.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 15:17   Link #1853
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Yup,

Fairy Tail is similar to the style One Piece and the other TOPs.
This is because the authors of theTOPs all get their ideas from the Dragon Ball's author... LOL

And yea...
Guess I was right when Fairy Tail just started airing... when I said that the series will never be a TOP, because to be a TOP, it have to go pass 100 episodes without any pauses.

But since there are clues saying the series will end at the 50's episode... meaning it'll just be the same as how they did with RAVE MASTER (which is also done by the same author)...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-11, 15:51   Link #1854
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Yup,

Fairy Tail is similar to the style One Piece and the other TOPs.
This is because the authors of theTOPs all get their ideas from the Dragon Ball's author... LOL

And yea...
Guess I was right when Fairy Tail just started airing... when I said that the series will never be a TOP, because to be a TOP, it have to go pass 100 episodes without any pauses.

But since there are clues saying the series will end at the 50's episode... meaning it'll just be the same as how they did with RAVE MASTER (which is also done by the same author)...
where did you hear this?

i would imagine since fairy tail manga is the that magazines most popular manga and sells a lot that the anime would be somewhat popular and hold its own weight.

is your clues things like not mentioning Wendy or something? cause i counter that with earlier in the ANIME, they mentioned or showed stuff that is further than this upcoming arc. such as
Spoiler:
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 00:06   Link #1855
Sprite_Coke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
So umm, anyone know what the coin was about after Jella was defeated in episode 40?
__________________
Click for my MyAnimeList
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 03:11   Link #1856
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Jellal was prepared to destroy the Etherion lacrima and spend another decade rebuilding it if he had to. At that moment it seems like Zeref neutralized him or decided to move to a plan B or something. That is left up in the air.

Anyhow, the first 50 something episodes of Fairy Tail will probably be handled like the first 50 episodes of a lot of other anime with potential of going on for years.

If the anime was planned to be a 50-60 adaptation of the manga series then it would have already deviated substantially from the source material in order to deliver a conclusion to overarching main plot of the series since we are over 40 episodes in. The main plot of the series has yet to be fully explored.

They've delayed the introduction of certain key characters since it still appears that the series is still going through its introductory stage to the entire Fairy Tail universe.


Recently, I think this happened with D Gray Man. When that series first started forums were abuzz about it being a 24-50 episode series. Certain events and meetings between characters were shifted around but later it was apparent it didn't really affect the plot of the series at all.




Right now, the producers of this series are trying to build an audience. They are introducing the Fairy Tail "universe" to the viewers and getting the introductions to the backgrounds of the main characters out of the way.

After a certain amount of time, I anticipate this series will slow down just like most of the long running manga adapted anime series do. Once the audience knows enough about the main cast and the audience is hooked... story arcs will be stretched out.

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-08-13 at 03:33.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 03:26   Link #1857
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
If the anime was to plan to be a 50-60 adaptation of the manga series then it would have probably already deviated substantially from the source material in order to deliver a conclusion to overarching main plot of the series. The main plot of the series has yet to be fully explored.
Eh not really. They could easily finish of this adaptation after the current arc with a 'to be continued' logo and never carry the project on again. It's happened so many times in the past.

It's not certain the adaptation will end, though there are a lot of signs pointing towards it doing just that, so we'll just have to wait and see.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:15   Link #1858
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Time
to
marathon!
You marathon everything don't you.

I wouldn't mind it ending as long as I'm guaranteed a continuation.
__________________
They say you don't grow up
You just grow old,
It's safe to say I haven't done both.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 12:55   Link #1859
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
So umm, anyone know what the coin was about after Jella was defeated in episode 40?
Pretty sure that coin was just representing Jellal as one of the 10 wizard saints just hitting home that Natsu managed to take someone down at that level. It's the same design that was on the back of Makarov's coat.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:23   Link #1860
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Jellal was prepared to destroy the Etherion lacrima and spend another decade rebuilding it if he had to. At that moment it seems like Zeref neutralized him or decided to move to a plan B or something. That is left up in the air.

Anyhow, the first 50 something episodes of Fairy Tail will probably be handled like the first 50 episodes of a lot of other anime with potential of going on for years.

If the anime was planned to be a 50-60 adaptation of the manga series then it would have already deviated substantially from the source material in order to deliver a conclusion to overarching main plot of the series since we are over 40 episodes in. The main plot of the series has yet to be fully explored.

They've delayed the introduction of certain key characters since it still appears that the series is still going through its introductory stage to the entire Fairy Tail universe.


Recently, I think this happened with D Gray Man. When that series first started forums were abuzz about it being a 24-50 episode series. Certain events and meetings between characters were shifted around but later it was apparent it didn't really affect the plot of the series at all.




Right now, the producers of this series are trying to build an audience. They are introducing the Fairy Tail "universe" to the viewers and getting the introductions to the backgrounds of the main characters out of the way.

After a certain amount of time, I anticipate this series will slow down just like most of the long running manga adapted anime series do. Once the audience knows enough about the main cast and the audience is hooked... story arcs will be stretched out.
That's not a bad theory but I still think it's likely that it'll end on the 50th episode with a "probably to be continued" sign tacked on. It just seems like they are trying not to commit too much right now as if somehow there are serious doubts to the funds available. Given the current economic climate in japan and the world I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to hold this for now and try to pick up in a couple of months or so.
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.