AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 04:36   Link #61
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for orihime expressions above:

Hopefully she won't take up half of the screen time if Ichigo and Ulquiorra ever decide to fight again
Old 2009-07-01, 05:29   Link #62
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Didn't notice it in the manga before, but bleach does seem DBZish. An unmasked Ichigo pushing Ulq shows it. Everytime Ichi is defeated/revived, he gets an instant power boost.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 07:49   Link #63
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Well at least they are doing a beach episode, and maybe they will do something before ichigo became a shinigami
That's true. Always did want more school episodes so it might not be half bad. But to take a break in the middle of such a big fight. At least the Bount arc fit in smoothly, lol.
Old 2009-07-01, 07:55   Link #64
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
I did not appreciate the recycled footage of Ichigo VS Ulq. It was exactly the same as Findor vs Hisagi. Except the latter was much more awesome in its execution.

I guess I had fairly high expectations of the animation director. Feeling a bit underwhelmed at some animated tidbits, the 7 minute recap and the 2 minute of Allon beating his chest.

Oh, and the filler announcement at the end.

Sigh.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 07:55   Link #65
Gin
*Artist

i've got my kleenex ready in preparation for the beach episode... for the nosebleeds
Old 2009-07-01, 09:32   Link #66
Haak
CAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Didn't notice it in the manga before, but bleach does seem DBZish. An unmasked Ichigo pushing Ulq shows it. Everytime Ichi is defeated/revived, he gets an instant power boost.
You only JUST realized this?!?!?!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:45   Link #67
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Is it just me or did Hitsugaya do his ice dragon head attack even though he wasnt in Shikai...?

All current Sig & Avy images coloured by me / Waking Dreams Studios
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 09:54   Link #68
Jerseykid

Watched it again and I heard the chain jingling even if they didn't draw it for some reason.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:01   Link #69
Liquid-Fusion

How long will this chain of fillers be? like 2 or 3 weeks or is this like a 30 episode kill me plz arc coming up?
Liquid-Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 10:07   Link #70
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Well up until I watched a huge 112 ep marathon of Yu Yu Hakusho, I loved Bleach, but now that I realize alot of Bleach is taken straight from that show, I am done. There are so many similarities and even exact duplicates of plots and characters as well as powers it is uncanny. However that being said Bleach is still the better show, but now that I know the truth I can't look at it the same anymore.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:00   Link #71
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Just look at the censorship on Halibel. Ouch. I mean... having bone casing around her breasts? She's gotta be seriously uncomfortable.
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 11:11   Link #72
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
6:20 of nothing new, that's a new record folks

I was right about who was number 1! back when we guessed who was which go me! although I had to guess Ulq too.

Poor Ichigo's Bankai, what ever happened to the days of this amazing speed that no one could even keep track of.

ugh filler
I don't remeber such thing... the only one with whom he fought was Byakuya and later he kinds learned to catch up with him.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:21   Link #73
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Is it just me or did Hitsugaya do his ice dragon head attack even though he wasnt in Shikai...?
He had chaim on his sword before that's for sure. So he had to be in shikai.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:23   Link #74
Mirae

I do not like how they censored Halibel again. I mean, it's not really showing anything in the manga regardless...why bother censoring it?
Other than that, the only other problem I had with this episode was the reused scenes of Renji/Chad/Rukia near the end. Cheap, low budget perhaps?
Other than that it was a good episode and I enjoyed it, unlike last week's, lol.
Old 2009-07-01, 11:47   Link #75
slowmotion

Wow, those screen shots were amazing.

The episode had a lot of good moments: the ball kick (which i actually wasn't sure if that was possible to do damage to a shinigami), yamato's ownage, i don't read the manga so i personally thought halibel's mask was cool, and i liked how the three espada seemed vaguely reminiscent of the three legendary birds from Pokemon the second movie.

I found the episode preview extremely entertaining. It was amazing how disciplined ulq was to listen to those studio execs.

"cause everything looks cooler in slowmotion"
slowmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 11:53   Link #76
Haak
CAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
The episode had a lot of good moments: the ball kick (which i actually wasn't sure if that was possible to do damage to a shinigami)
Soi Fon's punch was enough to make his face cave in and send him flying back. Just imagine how much that kick must've hurt. I bet he lost his fertility for good, there and then. Though that's probably a good thing. An ugly bastard like him should not be allowed to procreate.

Last edited by Haak; 2009-07-01 at 13:12.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 12:27   Link #77
Zabu_san
Demon of the Hidden Mist

Send a message via Skype™ to Zabu_san
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Not to sound like a douche but, REALLY?!

This is "Shonen 101..."
I mean I love Bleach, I still read the manga, and occasionally watch an episode or 2 (if it's a good fight...) but ultimately it follows shonen to a "T."
Old 2009-07-01, 12:55   Link #78
osmium
of high density

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Well up until I watched a huge 112 ep marathon of Yu Yu Hakusho, I loved Bleach, but now that I realize alot of Bleach is taken straight from that show, I am done. There are so many similarities and even exact duplicates of plots and characters as well as powers it is uncanny. However that being said Bleach is still the better show, but now that I know the truth I can't look at it the same anymore.
If you think there are similarities between bleach and yu yu hakusho I, for one, would call you insane. I really do not see the similarities in the least. There are many more similarities between DBZ and hakusho.

To me your statement reads like this: "yu yu hakusho and bleach are both action anime".

I think your threshold for "the same" is waaay too low.

-O
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 13:51   Link #79
CeDeR
forever hung over

Can someone please msg me when the fillers are done? God i fucking hate it... BTW how many filler eps are there gonna be? thnx.
Old 2009-07-01, 14:07   Link #80
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
To this day, I still don't get why people hate fillers so much. Don't they like seeing their characters in different story or in some goofy situations? Kubo himself stated that he likes this new filler so no reason to bash it before you even seen it.