AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-01, 13:59   Link #41
SMASHERJACKSON
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
now theres been a delay im more certain we'll see WB's appearance next chapter, however i woudlnt be suprised if its at the very end of it, but its time the ball got rolling.
SMASHERJACKSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:04   Link #42
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Since there's no thread for the WG, I thought I would post this over here for now. Credit goes to Greg, Redon, and Heiji-sama from AP forums. Thank you all for sharing this information.

Regarding the New Log Book (Log 13)

To quote Greg,



Here's a link to the image:
http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_216lo.jpg

Very interesting hierarchy to note here.
I took a look at the picture. I think that the shichibukai and cipher pol are not above the marines/law department in authority.

it's more of indicating the shichibukai and CP report directly and independently to the world government headquarters. While the prison, judge and marines are affiliated and make up another independent branch that report to world government directly.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 23:17   Link #43
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^You probably came to this conclusion by looking at the groupings in the picture. More importantly, however, do you actually understand the Japanese text that is in that picture? Because if you don't, your previous post is merely just your own interpretation. Greg, whom I quoted from AP forums, actually speaks and understands Japanese, and since I haven't seen anyone else disagree with/prove his translation wrong, I'm inclined to agree with what he's stated for now.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 02:07   Link #44
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^You probably came to this conclusion by looking at the groupings in the picture. More importantly, however, do you actually understand the Japanese text that is in that picture? Because if you don't, your previous post is merely just your own interpretation. Greg, whom I quoted from AP forums, actually speaks and understands Japanese, and since I haven't seen anyone else disagree with/prove his translation wrong, I'm inclined to agree with what he's stated for now.
actually I do understand the text in that picture. My jap isn't good enough to decipher the top right half of the page with that 3 long paragraphs. But the text at the groupings is pretty simple. There's nothing to indicate the rankings of each group apart from the lines and positioning in that "graph"

I'm not saying that his translation is wrong. I just think his interpretation of the diagram might be wrong. No problems if you believe him.

I'm not saying that I'm 100% correct anyway. There could have been other stuff in those 3 paragraphs to indicate otherwise. let's see the translated versions.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 03:40   Link #45
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
What the graph shows is that the CP1-9 and the Shichibukai report directly to the 5 Stars and that no other institution has the authority to command then, not the Marines nor the Police. Just shows that their independant thats all. The characters in the black box on the right says 'extra-judicial organization', whilst the characters in the black box on the left says 'official/public organization'. Nowhere does it say that one ranks above the other in terms of authority.

Interesting diagram nevertheless, thanks for posting.

And sorry for the off-topic post.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 08:25   Link #46
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Altho not much action happening, none at all really I found it to be rather entertaining overall.
Buggy stepping up is certainly entertaining and him be painted as a mastermind behind the break out is great. Looks like he'll finally get his chance to shine

All Hail Captain Buggy!!!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 08:45   Link #47
DesuX2
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Jimbei doesn't seem too happy about Luffy beating Arlong, I wonder why?
DesuX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:06   Link #48
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In a class of my own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Based on this new info, I'm going to make a prediction - Buggy will become the new Yonkou. The WG will fear his past (associations with Roger, Whitebeard, Shanks and Rayleigh, and now Ace), and will consequently consider him to be a greater threat between the two (Luffy and Buggy)....
You know, this would be the biggest joke I've EVER seen in OP, and I would actually laugh. It would be so ridiculous, you'd actually be more interested in how Buggy will handle the title than in the fact that it's sooo ridiculous. In fact, if it does happen, I think Buggy would shoot straight to the top of my Fav Characters list. Or at least in the top 5.

I mean: the guy definitely has style. Becoming a Yonkou on nothing but rumours...AWESOME

It would be amusing, to say the least, to see him trying to behave like one of the top dogs. Like...hanging out in the New World, and hording cash to himself, and living like a King. I would be so intrigued, I'd want to know more about how he's doing every chapter, honestly.
__________________
Rev. Niemöller, on Nazi Germany:

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:12   Link #49
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesuX2 View Post
Jimbei doesn't seem too happy about Luffy beating Arlong, I wonder why?
Lets hope Jinbei redeems himself, by jumping into the Head Arc Villains chair so time down the line for what Luffy did to one of the greatest villains in this series. The WG are great they got Ace in woman shoes climbing the stairs, talk about disgrace, if your not a cross dressing tranny. lol

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-07-02 at 10:23.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:21   Link #50
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesuX2 View Post
Jimbei doesn't seem too happy about Luffy beating Arlong, I wonder why?
Cause they were probably friends before? They're both powerful fishmen. A lot of them probably know each other.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:24   Link #51
Master Mold
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Cause they were probably friends before? They're both powerful fishmen. A lot of them probably know each other.
Arlong was Jinbeis underling.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:50   Link #52
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
One thing I noticed in the chapter is that Iva said that Inazuma was important to the revolutionaries. I wonder why that's so.


Also, I vaguely recall that someone said something about 5 emperors. Can anyone remember what that was?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 11:16   Link #53
andy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesuX2 View Post
Jimbei doesn't seem too happy about Luffy beating Arlong, I wonder why?
It seems like that was a mistranslation , when it comes to that with the chapter that is on one manga . Which is rather stupid since people are going to read that and get confuse. O well.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 11:25   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
actually I do understand the text in that picture. My jap isn't good enough to decipher the top right half of the page with that 3 long paragraphs. But the text at the groupings is pretty simple. There's nothing to indicate the rankings of each group apart from the lines and positioning in that "graph"

I'm not saying that his translation is wrong. I just think his interpretation of the diagram might be wrong. No problems if you believe him.

I'm not saying that I'm 100% correct anyway. There could have been other stuff in those 3 paragraphs to indicate otherwise. let's see the translated versions.
It's all good, man . It's interesting to see how other people, such as yourself, interpreted this authority system on behalf of the WG. I will also take your interpretation into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What the graph shows is that the CP1-9 and the Shichibukai report directly to the 5 Stars and that no other institution has the authority to command then, not the Marines nor the Police. Just shows that their independant thats all. The characters in the black box on the right says 'extra-judicial organization', whilst the characters in the black box on the left says 'official/public organization'. Nowhere does it say that one ranks above the other in terms of authority.

Interesting diagram nevertheless, thanks for posting.

And sorry for the off-topic post.
What you're saying here actually makes the most sense, I feel. One of the conditions upon entering the ranks of the shichibukai probably was that they wouldn't take orders from anyone else besides the five elder stars (their showings of selfishness/independence and acceptance of the mandatory summoning for the upcoming war attest to this). Thank you for providing us with your interpretation on this hierarchy topic.

And don't apologize for the "off-topic" post. There is always derailing occurring in every weekly chapter thread, and in this case it's because we don't have a thread dedicated to the WG, which is something that really needs to be created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Cause they were probably friends before? They're both powerful fishmen. A lot of them probably know each other.
Arlong is a powerful fishman? He's like a puny ant in comparison to Jimbei. Arlong would be classified as a small fry in the One Piece universe.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 12:24   Link #55
Prestige
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Grand Line
I checked chapter and it was nice,

Its fun to see interractions between Luffy's gang and Buggy really is quite a charecter, very intresting group and I will look forward how they will manage on future.

It seems that Jimbei have something to say to Luffy abuot Arlong and he even may have some kind of grudge for Luffy that he beated his underling though he is still very grateful to Luffy about everything.

Last pages with Ace were quite dramatic and diffrent tone than earlier pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Arlong is a powerful fishman? He's like a puny ant in comparison to Jimbei. Arlong would be classified as a small fry in the One Piece universe.
Unless if Arlong fights at water, while its true that Arlong isnt that powerful on dry land he still is quite formidable at seas. I hope Jimbei could share about his history with Arlong a bit in future.

And about next chapters it really seems we will have flashback chapters about Luffys and Ace's childhood and perhaps some flashbacks on his early years at seas... really looking forward about this chapters myself.
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 12:53   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
It seems that Jimbei have something to say to Luffy abuot Arlong and he even may have some kind of grudge for Luffy that he beated his underling though he is still very grateful to Luffy about everything.
That's a mistranslation, actually. It's more like Jimbei wants to apologize for Arlong's behavior and thank Luffy for ending his tyranny, but since they will soon be reaching Marineford, he'd rather focus on the task at hand and tell Luffy later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Unless if Arlong fights at water, while its true that Arlong isnt that powerful on dry land he still is quite formidable at seas.
Even in the water, he doesn't compare to Jimbei. He was an East Blue sea dweller, so in comparison to the pathetically weak pirates over there, he does look powerful. But when it comes to the grand line or new world, he really doesn't pose much of a threat.

As for the newest addition to Blackbeard's crew, I couldn't be any more happy. Shiryuu will most certainly prove to be an invaluable member, and the fact that he's as strong as Magellan is really going to bolster the overall strength of the crew. He also really fits in, given how tall he is .
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 13:18   Link #57
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
^Even if you did not know that the Jinbei line was a mistranslation, the image of Arlong should have been more than sufficient to show that Jinbei does not think of Arlong fondly.

That being said, there was great humour in this chapter. From Luffy simply picking up the DenDen Mushi in order to talk to the Marine Headquarters, to Buggy's startling revelation that he can ride the coat-tails of rumours to the top, this chapter was filled with some good belly rumbles, etc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 15:10   Link #58
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
As for the newest addition to Blackbeard's crew, I couldn't be any more happy. Shiryuu will most certainly prove to be an invaluable member, and the fact that he's as strong as Magellan is really going to bolster the overall strength of the crew. He also really fits in, given how tall he is .
I agree, and might you be updating your sig because of this?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 16:09   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I agree, and might you be updating your sig because of this?
You got that right, my friend. It'll be progressive refinement, meaning that I'll be making gradual changes to my sig as Blackbeard continues to expand his crew. I'm just going to wait and see if Blackbeard does end up recruiting those previously mentioned level 6 prisoners before I attempt to make any modifications .
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 17:07   Link #60
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Heh, nice. So now it's officially confirmed that Shiryuu is Blackbeard's latest addition. Hopefully, we'll see Catalina, Basco, and San Juan Wolf added to the roster, as well....



Anyway, Buggy definitely made the chapter for me. I loved seeing him getting his followers all riled up (and the fact that he considered not only becoming an emporer, but even Pirate King was awesome, as well). I'm definitely convinced that he's the Usopp substiture for this storyline now! By the way, I found Croc's suggestion to kill off Buggy and his followers highly amusing, as well.....



Anyway, it was definitely interesting to see Jinbei think of Arlong during his talk with Luffy. While I do agree with Blackbeard D. Kuma about Arlong being weaker than his old captain, I'd still say his strength was no joke (the guy could throw droplets of water with the force of a bullet, after all). Honestly, I always had the impression that Arlong may have sort of "went to seed" after settling in East Blue, since Yosaku told Luffy that he was supposed to be close to Jinbei in strength. It wouldn't be surprising, since all he really did was bribe crooked marines and threaten weak, innocent villagers until Luffy's arrival....



Oh, and I'm still expecting to see the Ace flashback when the break is over. I'm still crossing my fingers for the chance that Dadan will finally be revealed to us.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.