AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 42 15.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 18.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 67 25.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 57 21.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 28 10.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 3.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 1.87%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.75%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-02, 11:21   Link #201
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sento View Post
First episode alone?

But wasn't Higurashi's first episode basically only playing and Keiichi discovering the Dam War murder at the end? That wasn't really hooking or special either [...]
It got me hooked
Old 2009-07-02, 11:36   Link #202
FireChick

By the way, is it true that Umineko is JUST going to be 13 episodes? I thought it was gonna be 26 or 52 (2 seasons) like Higurashi.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:39   Link #203
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
By the way, is it true that Umineko is JUST going to be 13 episodes? I thought it was gonna be 26 or 52 (2 seasons) like Higurashi.
Impossible. You'd barely get halfway through the plot with that. Given that the Answer Arcs (this a spoiler?) haven't even been released, 26 is almost guaranteed.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:39   Link #204
sento

Quote:
There are 13 DVD/BDs announced.

26, 39 or 52 episodes.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:40   Link #205
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
No, it's 26. The first 13 episodes is the first half of the season. After that I think it takes a break until the fall.

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-07-02, 11:43   Link #206
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

...though technically it will be the fall season by the time the first 13 are over.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:54   Link #207
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
...though technically it will be the fall season by the time the first 13 are over.
Hmm good point. So maybe it'll start up again on the spring season?

Sig by nocco
Old 2009-07-02, 12:03   Link #208
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I still think they will continue through into the fall for an uninterupted 26 episodes. The current airing of Hayate no Gotoku! had been marked as only having 13 episodes for the longest time, but around 2 weeks before the end of the spring anime season, the count was officially updated to 26.

I'm really inclined to think that Umineko will be going through the fall as well, but at this point it might just be easier to sit back and see where the current takes us =P
Old 2009-07-02, 12:03   Link #209
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Hmm good point. So maybe it'll start up again on the spring season?
There is no reason for the series to have a break right in the middle of the question arcs.
Old 2009-07-02, 12:09   Link #210
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
What I am saying here is that the ep doesn't accurately portray the feeling that it should have given, which is a shame but it is too early to judge the whole series. I will be giving this more time but it was a hell of a shaky start.
I agree with this. The poll just reflects feelings about this episode anyway--most people know that what's coming up will be better.
Old 2009-07-02, 12:33   Link #211
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There is no reason for the series to have a break right in the middle of the question arcs.
But then there's a chance that the gap between the first (question Episodes) and second (answer Episodes) season will be too big... I don't know, but considering the fact that the OP had scenes from Ep1 and Ep2, and those only, maybe there's a chance they'll split the story into 3/4 seasons.
Old 2009-07-02, 12:36   Link #212
prnoct90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraFilipa View Post
But then there's a chance that the gap between the first (question Episodes) and second (answer Episodes) season will be too big... I don't know, but considering the fact that the OP had scenes from Ep1 and Ep2, and those only, maybe there's a chance they'll split the story into 3/4 seasons.
Or maybe there just going to change the opening half way through (a somewhat common practice).
Old 2009-07-02, 13:46   Link #213
Starlight

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I think Kanon's going to be my favourite He is rather cool.
Old 2009-07-02, 14:20   Link #214
FireChick

I finally watched the first episode (even though it's my first exposure to the franchise) and thought it was rather interesting. To me, the OP theme is EPIC WIN, especially the Italian chorus. The only things I hated about the episode were Eva's treatment of Natsuhi and Rosa's abuse against Maria. I hate that woman now! I mean, Maria's her flipping daughter! She shouldn't be hurting her own daughter just because she's intent on looking for something. Speaking of that, for a minute I nearly thought Maria was autistic considering her insistence on trying to find the rose (kinda like me in a way), but I remembered she wasn't. That's why I gave it a 8/10. But it was good. I'll watch a bit more, but I'm keeping my expectations low in case there's content I can't handle approaching.
Old 2009-07-02, 14:32   Link #215
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The inheritance squabble went on for a very long time (this is more obvious in the game), and Rosa is feeling really beat down after it... although yeah, that doesn't make it okay. It's not "just because she's intent on looking for something", is all.
Old 2009-07-02, 14:40   Link #216
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think the "uu-uu" is what made Rosa snap more than anything else. Rosa in particular doesn't understands why Maria just stubbornly persists in her behavior even after being reprimanded and even after being beaten.

Old 2009-07-02, 14:54   Link #217
Vicious108

Pretty decent introductory episode. This show definitely has potential, not to mention hype, so hopefully it'll live up to it. Guess that depends on whether they adapt the VN well or not. I hope so, since I haven't played it.

The characters' interactions were fun. And couldn't help but notice the large amount of well-endowed women around. Save for Maria, who I can guess will begin to show even stranger behaviours next episode.
Old 2009-07-02, 15:41   Link #218
typhonsentra

I dunno if I should've read the comic first now, it kinda soured my opinion of the way the show handled things, they made a lot of scenes come across as too silly for my taste and I also didn't care for the somewhat random way they introduced characters without giving their ranks (Which is pretty important). It's still good but could've been better.
Old 2009-07-02, 16:24   Link #219
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
Battler is such a pervert xD.

Pretty nice episode up to now =P. Can't wait for the next :P
Old 2009-07-02, 16:36   Link #220
Dop
We can't stop here...

Well that was interesting. They did throw a lot of stuff at us in the first episode, what with the introductions and setup. Rich dysfunctional family in remote location, reminds me of one of those Old Dark House stories.
Closed Thread