AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-29, 11:05   Link #201
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah , they censored the loli's clothes lulz .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 11:41   Link #202
Velsy

Having read a certin amount of the manga, I got the impression she had blonde snow like hair. I dont see it doing he character just if they change to pink. I'd prefer it stay blonde because it would give her that more frightning vampire apeal ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 13:30   Link #203
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
http://www.ijapan.org/red/index.php?...83ak9iSU04NS1v < Original Upload.

According to sankakucomplex's article people are panicking over the lack of nudity. Pretty lame if you ask me, seeing how this franchise does not rely on ecchi stuff at all, it's at most a little bonus, like you could see in Elfen Lied.

PV looks great. I'm hyped for this one.
That's hillarious! I can hear em now. "OMG! There's absolutley no place else where we can get poontang!"
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 13:35   Link #204
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I don't care about nudity, as long as it satisfies my desire for bloodshed.

SHAFT better not disappoint.
Old 2009-12-29, 14:10   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
HAFT better not disappoint.
They never do disappoint, so i don't see that starting anytime soon. Shinbo shall work his magic, yet again.
Old 2009-12-29, 14:13   Link #206
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post

EDIT: Amazon JP now has images for the first DVD.
]
Hmmm...loli butt.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 14:19   Link #207
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They never do disappoint, so i don't see that starting anytime soon. Shinbo shall work his magic, yet again.
Yeah, I need to add Mahoromatic, Negima, Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, Natsu no Arashi! and Maria Holic to my dropped list on MAL.
Old 2009-12-29, 15:35   Link #208
DangerMouse

Can't wait, we're finally getting close to the show starting.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 16:13   Link #209
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So when is the first episode gonna air? I've been flipping through the pages and haven't seen someone say it yet :X.

And what's the basic plot of this? (Without spoiling me of course)...Am i to expect something with a good plot/storyline? Not some stupid fanservice roller coaster ride?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 16:27   Link #210
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Release 7th january
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 16:47   Link #211
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So when is the first episode gonna air? I've been flipping through the pages and haven't seen someone say it yet :X.

And what's the basic plot of this? (Without spoiling me of course)...Am i to expect something with a good plot/storyline? Not some stupid fanservice roller coaster ride?
They have apparently altered the plot a bit, but the basic plot from the manga (not too much spoiling) is:
Spoiler for manga plot:
So yes, there is definitely a plot that makes sense. And I suspect the fanservice will be a bit less than in the manga, where it doesn't bother me in the least, but is certainly present, reasonably fittingly with the plot and situation.

For dates and times of shows you can always check my winter anime schedule. I put a link to it in my sig, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-12-29 at 17:48.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 18:27   Link #212
Bonta Kun
Dancing the Panzer Waltz

I'd also say the plot does make sense but for me it still runs dry altho I do think alot of people will like the plot/story here.

well you can expect what you usually get from Japanese vampire crazy, you simply get Japanese vampire crazy, they do love to do the crazy when it comes to vampires, which ain't bad for a little watch now and again.
Old 2009-12-30, 08:37   Link #213
Echoes

The second preview was great; I can't wait for the first episode now. Hopefully it can live up to its potential, which is sky high.
Old 2009-12-30, 09:28   Link #214
Westlo
Lets be reality

The plot for this isn't one of its strong points...
Westlo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 09:40   Link #215
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I'd also say the plot does make sense but for me it still runs dry....
That's my opinion, too. I thought things were a bit drawn out. But I did quit reading when the anime was announced, a number of chapters before the point the manga is at now, so it may have picked up recently.

Anyway, I was pleased to see it said that they have altered the plot somewhat. And the writer doing the adaptation is Yoshino Hiroyuki, who did Mai-Hime, MacrossF, and Denpateki na Kanojo. That last one, in particular, gives me some confidence in him. He was also assistant lead writer on Code Geass. And Shinbou will have his own ideas, too.

I think the story set-up is excellent, and if they can tighten things up a bit, it could be great.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 11:34   Link #216
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And Shinbou will have his own ideas, too.
Heh, that's one way of wording it.
Old 2009-12-31, 14:27   Link #217
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Just saw the trailer for this. I actually read the first Tankobon several years ago. I'm really surprised it only just started to pick up in terms of popularity. It's good to see an anime adaptation that looks promising for a brilliant manga and that a reasonably reliable studio is taking care of the project (thinks of DEEN and pukes). Can't wait for this to come out =D
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 14:43   Link #218
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
It's good to see an anime adaptation that looks promising for a brilliant manga and that a reasonably reliable studio is taking care of the project (thinks of DEEN and pukes)
OK I just can't let this one pass, DEEN is a very good studio responsible for a lot of fine anime, including some excellent manga adaptations. I'm really tired of people degrading them for their work on Umineko and, to a lesser extent, Higurashi when they have a huge amount of good works under their belt.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 15:00   Link #219
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
OK I just can't let this one pass, DEEN is a very good studio responsible for a lot of fine anime, including some excellent manga adaptations. I'm really tired of people degrading them for their work on Umineko and, to a lesser extent, Higurashi when they have a huge amount of good works under their belt.
I'm assuming one of these fine anime was "Get Backers" which didn't do justice to the manga. It did a very horrible job of "Rurouni Kenshin" and while the OVA's were good, it diverted quite a lot from the manga and DEEN chose to use a completely different theme on top of that. "Samurai Deeper Kyo" also didn't do the manga any justice at all, for obvious reasons. It was doing a decent job of "Vampire Knight" but it once again changed the ending completely for one reason or another shrouded in mystery. The only decent one DEEN took care of was Ranma 1/2, which was still different from the manga but that's a given. Judging from what I've seen, DEEN doesn't exactly have the best track record for being loyal to the manga adaptations. And if you've read the visual novels for Umineko and Higurashi, you'd understand where I'm coming from. I'll stop here since it's gone off-topic.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 15:12   Link #220
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
I'm assuming one of these fine anime was "Get Backers" which didn't do justice to the manga. It did a very horrible job of "Rurouni Kenshin" and while the OVA's were good, it diverted quite a lot from the manga. "Samurai Deeper Kyo" also didn't do the manga any justice at all, for obvious reasons. It was doing a decent job of "Vampire Knight" but it once again changed the ending completely for one reason or another shrouded in mystery. The only decent one DEEN took care of was Ranma 1/2, which was still different from the manga but that's a given. Judging from what I've seen, DEEN doesn't exactly have the best track record for being loyal to the manga adaptations. And if you've read the visual novels for Umineko and Higurashi, you'd understand where I'm coming from. I'll stop here since it's gone off-topic.
The only one of those I was thinking about was the Kenshin OVAs.

DEEN has done Marimite, Shion no Ou, Touka Gettan, Simoun, Jigoku shoujo, Zipang, Full Moon o Sagashite, Read or Die, You`re Under Arrest. So yeah, I would have more faith in them than in Shaft.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence