AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-26, 22:02   Link #981
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
How do we know that she's a vampire? She's constantly seen sucking on those candies, despite Vampires having been established as not having the ability to taste, and she was chained up in her first meeting with Mina. To me, the chains imply that she's a werewolf, and was being kept as a slave to a really old fashioned vampire who stuck to the old dynamic of werewolves being a vampire's slave.
Spoiler for ep11:
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-03-26 at 23:46.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 18:03   Link #982
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
This is only going to be 12 episodes right?
Old 2010-03-27, 18:09   Link #983
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This is only going to be 12 episodes right?
Indeed, though SHAFT sequels tend to happen quite often.
Old 2010-03-28, 01:43   Link #984
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Just finished watching episode 11.

Hmm, it seems to indicate that Meirin might be possibly be a werewolf herself? She referred to herself and Akira as 'Us werewolves' and said 'We use our minds to transform our bodies', or was this a translation mistake by the fansubbers? Either way, it wouldn't be a bad twist if she turned out to be a werewolf and had something to do with the incident about Akira's lost memories.

It was a great episode overall, though. It had some nice action going, and I liked how Akira transformed and decapitated the assassin in Mina's form.

One more episode left to go...
Old 2010-03-28, 03:14   Link #985
bigdeath

I think episode 11 couldn't say it clearer, Meirin definitely a werewolf but how does she know Akira. I hope this is explained in the last episode.

I certainly agree that Akira transformation and decapitated the assassin was awesome. Looks like this show which started off slowly will end with a bang.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 06:23   Link #986
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm starting to like Meiren more and more. Too bad Akira will most likely choose Mina, else she'd be quite a good girl for him. However, I take it she's from a rivaling clan, because she never really speaks well about Mina and seems to to hold some sort of grudge towards her. Also, she claims to have known him for quite some time (which would explain why she acts so casual around him). Also, what's the huge secret Akira can't seem to remember and that appears to have some importance?

With one episode left to go, I don't think we'll get any form of true ending, unless SHAFT radically changes the story in the end.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 06:58   Link #987
dee32

I like Meiren, I hope in ep 12 we see her transformed state, I wish it was shown in ep 11, but only her hands transformed and that was only for a brief few seconds. I wish she was in the manga as well. Maybe somewhere down the line they introduce her down the line. I wanted to see a female werewolf introduced into the manga. At first I thought Angie was a female werewolf, but it turns out the members of the gaia clan are all male and that Angie is just a cross dresser.

I'm still trying to figure out the connection Meiren has with Mina. Meiren met Mina when she was a child. Meiren met Mina in the past. No ep in the present shows them meeting face to face in the present.
dee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 07:29   Link #988
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I continue to be unsure that she is the masked assassin. It's possible, but there is more evidence against than for, so far, it seems to me. Great character, anyway.
After watching episode 11, I am now unsure myself. However, since according to other manga readers the masked assassin was originally a man, if Meirin isn't the masked assassin (who for that matter didn't show up this episode) I would be forced to wonder why they made the gender switch in the first place.

Anyway, it does seem like I was wrong about Meirin being a vampire. Were-something does seem to have been confirmed. Gotta admit this idea threw me for a loop for a bit since it had me thinking that the Chinese monk-dude's 'ape' form meant he was a were-monkey as well. I guess the main distinguishing point of vampires is their long life and their need to drink blood, while their transformations might happen to resemble other were-creatures by coincidence.

The shapeshifting assassin's lines made me somewhat curious, which is a shame since with her dead I probably won't get an answer. Her line about 'breaking my heart and throwing me away' while she was using Yuki's form though made her seem a bit too well-informed about Akira's surroundings.

I was also forced to wonder why that group of random vampires attacked the assassin at the start of the episode. Self-destructive instinct? lol. Alphonse did say that no one was supposed to help him.

Anyway, Akira's missing memories, the 'pure one's inheritance', and Meirin's association with Telomere aside from the issue of whether or not she's the third assassin have set things up pretty well for the finale. I haven't read the manga chapters for these episodes yet, but with Akira's missing memories playing a fairly important role, I'm guessing quite a lot of this is anime original material? In any case, while Akira's cryptic visions/memories of eyes being submerged in blood and stuff leave me nothing but puzzled, they were at least entertainingly trippy.

Speaking of the manga though, I forgot to mention this about the last episode. Seems like Nanami returning to school while becoming a vampire maid was supposed to be a reference to Kaichou wa Maid-sama. I bring this up because the manga made a fairly heavy point emphasizing that she was both a part-time maid and Student Council President in its volume 3 'Vampire Maid' omakes, and I thought it was pretty interesting that the author would reference one of my favourite mangas whose anime will coincidentally also start just as Bund's is ending. I found it kinda bizarre actually cause the content of the two mangas is so different, but if the author really meant the reference (and I'm pretty sure he did) then I gotta say he's got good taste lol. On the other hand though, I dunno if Maid-sama's anime will be nearly as good as Bund, courtesy of a generic artstyle that doesn't do the original manga justice (among other things).
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 30/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 80/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 07:35   Link #989
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
I certainly agree that Akira transformation and decapitated the assassin was awesome. Looks like this show which started off slowly will end with a bang.
I just hope the last episode doesn't feel rushed with so much yet to happen with this arc.
Old 2010-03-28, 08:02   Link #990
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It'll be hard to get a decent conclusion with so little time remaining. I guess the next episode will have Mina winning that contest, and the three douches retreating for the time being. They'll also probably elaborate on that pure One's inheritance since they're making such a big deal out of it, and I expect them to bring Meiren's story to a close. I don't think she's the third assassin, but rather the one Telomere sent. I'm not expecting much more than that from Telomere, there's just not enough time left.

These past few episodes have been really good. The examination scene was very shocking and creepy, but I couldn't help but laugh at the "shining light censoring" they've been using these past two episodes. They could have made it more subtle, I mean, the light litteraly came out of Mina's private parts at some point
Old 2010-03-28, 15:59   Link #991
OkamiNoKaze

Poor Mina in Episode 10, but yeah I have a feeling Akira will be kicking some vampire ass, next episode. I wonder how they'll decide the fiancee if none of the assassins win.
Old 2010-03-28, 19:06   Link #992
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Mina shouldn't take the inspection so seriously. Sure, it was public, but it has obviously been done many times before and she knows she is still "pure".

She should also help Akira. Send some soldiers to help him out, that was never against the wager. Not like the wager was an official vampire thing anyways.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 19:15   Link #993
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Poor Mina in Episode 10, but yeah I have a feeling Akira will be kicking some vampire ass, next episode. I wonder how they'll decide the fiancee if none of the assassins win.
It wasn't clear to me what she would get if Akira succeeded. If she's betting everything, then maybe she gets everything if she wins. Would that mean never having to give herself to any of them if she didn't want to?
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2010-03-28, 19:46   Link #994
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
It wasn't clear to me what she would get if Akira succeeded. If she's betting everything, then maybe she gets everything if she wins. Would that mean never having to give herself to any of them if she didn't want to?
Somehow I doubt it, It probably just keeps them at bay further. If the Three kept her alive to keep the line alive, the line must be extremely important. She wouldn't forsake her race like that. (Unless the line is not important, but then there isn't much of a point of keeping her alive then).
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 20:12   Link #995
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Somehow I doubt it, It probably just keeps them at bay further. If the Three kept her alive to keep the line alive, the line must be extremely important. She wouldn't forsake her race like that. (Unless the line is not important, but then there isn't much of a point of keeping her alive then).
So far the only thing that makes the line seem important is the royal leader has control over all other vampires.

Somehow though other vampires found away around that control.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 16:11   Link #996
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I still don't understand Meiren being a werewolf. I thought the Earth Clan was only comprised of males?
Old 2010-03-29, 16:41   Link #997
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I still don't understand Meiren being a werewolf. I thought the Earth Clan was only comprised of males?
When did they say that in the anime? And can't there be several werewolves clan? She said she was from a clan that was annihilated, so she's not from Akira's clan.
Old 2010-03-29, 17:20   Link #998
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
I can't hear the word she uses perfectly clearly, but she says she is the survivor of a species (shuzoku), tribe (also shuzoku), or clan (shizoku) that was destroyed during the vampires' civil war. So she isn't a member of the Earth Clan, whatever she is. There may well be other clans of werewolves, or of other were-beasts.
Old 2010-03-30, 06:38   Link #999
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I can't hear the word she uses perfectly clearly, but she says she is the survivor of a species (shuzoku), tribe (also shuzoku), or clan (shizoku) that was destroyed during the vampires' civil war. So she isn't a member of the Earth Clan, whatever she is. There may well be other clans of werewolves, or of other were-beasts.
That's what I've been thinking for while now. I imagine her as a more cat-like animal for some reason, like maybe a werepanther.

And as you've pointed out in one of your previous post, she only said she was a "beast-person" (juujin) and not specifically a werewolf as SFW translated it, that makes a lot of difference. The possiblity that she isn't a werewolf is definitely there.
Old 2010-03-30, 11:59   Link #1000
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
how is a clan only consist of males could produce the next generation
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence