AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2010-02-05, 20:32   Link #861
Project_MkUltra

I re watched ep 5 again, and now it's obvious that 2 slashers were involved. One has long hair and one has short hair with a skirt that looks like Anri.

Brings up the theory that there's a possible organization/gang involved.
Project_MkUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:35   Link #862
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ugh I forgot about that too, I swear I thought I heard Shinrai there as well but maybe I was crossing Lelouch with Tamaki

Yeah stalker girl was troll that was obvious.

So if Mika is the stalker and the girl with Seji isnt her cuz so far both Anri and Mikado have seen her...where is Mika and why is Seji going after scar!girl
I don't get how is it obvious the troll (the girl with red icon right?) is Mika??
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:47   Link #863
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony View Post
ahh. I didn't make myself clear then. What I meant was that Anri didn't seem afriad of creepy teacher which might suggest that she can protect herself. I did not notice that the teacher is the suitcase guy. In that case, it is really a mystery why Anri would want to attack Selty and not him. Random attack? Something against Selty? You did bring up a good point about her being afraid during the bully fight scene. I need to rewatch everything again.

I doubt it is a red herring though. Have a feeling that if I'm reading the novel it would be far more difficult to guess who are the two attackers.

I think we can presume the worst for Mika the stalker. Somehow, Seiji must have known Selty's head (and fall in love with her?) and somehow Celty's head was transferred to Mika's body.
That's if you believe scar!girl has Celty's head I still believe her head is in that tank from the OP. So then scar!girls head on Mika's body...so where is her original body.

Chat troll I believe is Mika the stalker whether or not her body is with Seji is something we're gonna have to wait on.

This anime makes my head spin.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:52   Link #864
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
If you ask me, they're both random.

First one just somewhat stabs Certy for no reason obviously, the 2nd one, if she's chasing the creepy guy, at the speed she's moving, she would've caught up to him before even running into the 3 stooges. She really has no reason to slash the 3 stooges either.
Makes sense... But still can't discount that the second girl really chased the sun-glass guy at the start-why she turns he attention to the punks are... I'm drawing blanks ;~; Perhaps to eliminate witnesses...?

... But then in the end of episode, the chat gives that yellow gang's being attacked by someone that may be hired by Dollars may ignite a gang war... The question is does Kanra-chan's reasoning actually bears some truth or s/he is just speculating like a lot of us still does? So far the chat's reasoning might also be plausible for explaining the second girl appearance.

Then again it might be random. @_@;; I can't really speculate if there is nearly no hints orz

... Oh wow, this episode does raise thousand of questions like you said ;~; It's basically a pseudo-explanation episode orz

Quote:
I don't get how is it obvious the troll (the girl with red icon right?) is Mika??
I guess the 愛してる ... Or sth does makes you think of Mika. Even though it's not shown in the anime, the manga and the prologue does give some light to her... Stalker personality?

Personally though if you asked me, Haruna would be the most suspicious one for 罪歌's identity.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:39   Link #865
Upscaled

I don't know if someone's mentioned this already, but if you're curious, the English and Japanese Wikipedia entries list the identities of all the aliases in the chatroom. Personally, I don't consider these identities to be spoilers. Besides, I don't know whether they will ever be clearly identified in the anime. In any case, I found that knowing the chat identities really adds to my enjoyment of the show.
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:49   Link #866
Iron Maw
Devil Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscaled View Post
I don't know if someone's mentioned this already, but if you're curious, the English and Japanese Wikipedia entries list the identities of all the aliases in the chatroom. Personally, I don't consider these identities to be spoilers. Besides, I don't know whether they will ever be clearly identified in the anime. In any case, I found that knowing the chat identities really adds to my enjoyment of the show.
The issue with the Wiki is the other stuff it ends up spoiling, but yeah the Chat names are ok. I think it's better wait until the Anime reveals them IMO.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-02-05 at 22:19.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:08   Link #867
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Yeah, I found those by accident and was surprised that there was an entry for more than the three chatters we've seen. I've no idea if we'll focus on anyone but the three main chatters but it does emphasize the technological communications are a reoccurring theme in the show. Which might be a reflection on Japan in general, it certainly seems like everyone has a fancy cell phone that can do everything these days.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 22:20   Link #868
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Was the Baccano wiki this active during its airing?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 23:03   Link #869
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wikipedia page? I don't know (but I doubt it since, almost three years later, there are still a lot of blanks on it), and the thread here has only 81,000 views while this one has already passed 65,000. Although the page on tvtropes is quite extensive so I wonder if it has achieved cult status in the years since it aired.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 23:03   Link #870
Project_MkUltra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The issue with the Wiki is the other stuff it ends up spoiling, but yeah the Chat names are ok. I think it's better wait until the Anime reveals them IMO.
Yeah, if they don't reveal the chatters by like Ep 15 I'll check out the wiki.

Besides, I've been spoiled a lot for this anime as of right now.
Project_MkUltra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 23:34   Link #871
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Amazing amount of interesting speculation going on here. Not surprising - after 5 eps I'm ready to say this one is pretty special. It's got some indefinable essence of whatever it was that Baccano had, but it's sharply different in tone, too. I did think the animation dropped a notch or two this week but other than that, I'm solidly a fanboy for this series now.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:00   Link #872
Eater of All
NOM

I'm sure a good chunk of the immense fun in watching Durarara is speculating how everything ties up together, as everyone is certain that the events tie up somewhere. The truth appears elusive enough to entice people to continue chasing after it, without being so dubious as to discourage casual analyzing. Definitely beats many mystery titles out there for me.

And here's my speculation about Harima Mika. Since she's crazy enough about Seiji to actually stalk him, I wonder if she intentionally switched her original head for her current one. Maybe she somehow found out who Seiji has the hots for, and so she took her head in order to get close to him herself.
Eater of All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:13   Link #873
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I got three of them right.
Old 2010-02-06, 00:41   Link #874
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I don't want to get too excited for this show since I'm expecting an anime-only ending.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 00:51   Link #875
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I don't want to get too excited for this show since I'm expecting an anime-only ending.
They can always do a second season later if its popular.
Old 2010-02-06, 01:11   Link #876
JokerD

On the subject of slashers, the katana slasher that attacked Selty seems a bit different from the rest (?) of the slasher(s?) seeing as how she stabbed her arm then went for her head.
According the the yellow scarves guys the slasher cuts the victim but leaves them alive, going for the head would not leave a person alive, Selty exempted of course

BTW, anyone notice that the female avatar with Izaya's voice is a mod, since he has the power to ban people. And he was spreading rumors of the dollars gang earlier in ep3, I'm guessing that his the lead of the dollars or something.
In rl and cyberspace, Izaya sure has power....
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 02:32   Link #877
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
On the subject of slashers, the katana slasher that attacked Selty seems a bit different from the rest (?) of the slasher(s?) seeing as how she stabbed her arm then went for her head.
According the the yellow scarves guys the slasher cuts the victim but leaves them alive, going for the head would not leave a person alive, Selty exempted of course

BTW, anyone notice that the female avatar with Izaya's voice is a mod, since he has the power to ban people. And he was spreading rumors of the dollars gang earlier in ep3, I'm guessing that his the lead of the dollars or something.
In rl and cyberspace, Izaya sure has power....
Ikebukuro sure is interesting.
From MAL, it says Izaya is just one of it.

btw, anyone realize some chat users are fimiliar. such as Anraku-san, if we mix the text it would be Nakura-san.

Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 02:35   Link #878
Agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I'm sure a good chunk of the immense fun in watching Durarara is speculating how everything ties up together, as everyone is certain that the events tie up somewhere. The truth appears elusive enough to entice people to continue chasing after it, without being so dubious as to discourage casual analyzing. Definitely beats many mystery titles out there for me.

And here's my speculation about Harima Mika. Since she's crazy enough about Seiji to actually stalk him, I wonder if she intentionally switched her original head for her current one. Maybe she somehow found out who Seiji has the hots for, and so she took her head in order to get close to him herself.
I'm having a lot of fun speculating (and having headaches where my theories don't fit ). This theory you have here totally sound like something that mika will do. The only problem is that from the shots we have seen about the nameless girl with Seji and from what we have been told about Mika, the personality doesn't match.
Agony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 02:43   Link #879
Bea Rabbit
Stained Member
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Agreed. Maybe Mika switched to that stitched girl, since they resemble. but their connection still is mystery, like how did Seiji love the girl who resemble to his stalker?

Bea Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 02:47   Link #880
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't care who is the main baddie in this show. That creepy man posing as a girl online needs to go!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, mystery, shounen