AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-19, 19:44   Link #19981
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
woah 1000 pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
This just in: Maria has prosopagnosia.
Explains everything really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
Anyone got any theories on what they think Ep 8 will be about? It seems that pretty much everything has already been clearly answered except for the "How dunnit?"

The last scene of Ep 7 confuses me a bit though. It seems like Ange is imaging/fantasizing/pretending that Battler is going to tell her that nothing bad happened on Rokkenjima. Maybe the story "Battler" will tell Ange, is the tale he wrote for Beatrice? And it might be possible that in Ep 8 Bern is going to twist Battler's tale into the worst possible outcome.

So Ep 8 could be about Bern and Battler fighting over the true outcome of Battler's tale for Ange's sake.
A lot of people think the protagonist will either be Battler or Ange since he said you'll play as a 'certain character' in an interview. The one at the Dai concert not the blog.

I also think Lion and Will aren't done yet. Battler probably survived somehow. And there's also Beatrice 4 theory for why he didn't return to Ange.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:45   Link #19982
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
Anyone got any theories on what they think Ep 8 will be about? It seems that pretty much everything has already been clearly answered except for the "How dunnit?"

The last scene of Ep 7 confuses me a bit though. It seems like Ange is imaging/fantasizing/pretending that Battler is going to tell her that nothing bad happened on Rokkenjima. Maybe the story "Battler" will tell Ange, is the tale he wrote for Beatrice? And it might be possible that in Ep 8 Bern is going to twist Battler's tale into the worst possible outcome.

So Ep 8 could be about Bern and Battler fighting over the true outcome of Battler's tale for Ange's sake.
The howdunnit was answered, but not in a way that fully reveals it, riddles within riddles, but amazingly enough it should provide an answer?

Yeah, that scene was a little confusing for me too...kinda makes me feel like Ange is now desperate and seeing things. That or Battler actually survived the massacre, but some didn't. Obviously, this can't be it..since he is wearing that Meta cape...cool, but noooo.

And that's the problem..we have two games being weaved as EP8...if they were to battle it out, its highly possible that Bern might be the GM.
__________________
La Persona Superiore a Dio
Nero Allelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:54   Link #19983
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
The GM for ep.8 would be us, since we get to choose how the game folds out lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
This just in: Maria has prosopagnosia.
wow, I had to wiki that to understand what it means. Though then this means practically everyone can appear as Beatrice in front of her (well, those that knew of this condition anyway). Perhaps even possible to trick her to the "killing culprit's" side after the first fake murders occurred.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:55   Link #19984
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Sora View Post
Anyone got any theories on what they think Ep 8 will be about? It seems that pretty much everything has already been clearly answered except for the "How dunnit?"
How dunnit was covered EP 6 with Battler locked in that room, and all that Erika business with Battler's story.

EP 8 won't have a mystery, or won't explain anything, I think. It'll just be an ending where Battler and company really -do- go home.
__________________
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:56   Link #19985
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
The GM for ep.8 would be us, since we get to choose how the game folds out lol.
Even though Bern said she was? Dare challenge that miko? ; )
__________________
La Persona Superiore a Dio
Nero Allelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:58   Link #19986
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
How dunnit was covered EP 6 with Battler locked in that room, and all that Erika business with Battler's story.

EP 8 won't have a mystery, or won't explain anything, I think. It'll just be an ending where Battler and company really -do- go home.
Explain the howdunnit then with EP6 as your standpoint? Two characters made it seem like it was a closed room when it was actually not?

That hardly sounds worthy of a final game to me. Not all ties are closed, I mean Bern and Lambda are still there, Battler should really do something about them...
__________________
La Persona Superiore a Dio
Nero Allelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 19:58   Link #19987
Teapot
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The peoples' car
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Teapot
Ryukishi said in ep 8 there will be choices the readers get to make so in a small way, we do affect how this will end.
Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 20:04   Link #19988
Nero Allelujah
The Light that Guides
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Oh, well that's interesting...hmmm.
__________________
La Persona Superiore a Dio
Nero Allelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 20:11   Link #19989
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Allelujah View Post
Explain the howdunnit then with EP6 as your standpoint? Two characters made it seem like it was a closed room when it was actually not?
Earth to Earth. The culprit disturbed where the sleeping dog lies!

What I meant was that it explained the importance of it. That's basically what EP5-7 did- explained the importance of who dunnit, how dunnit, and why dunnit.
__________________
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 20:41   Link #19990
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
On another hand, there's the conflicting final games being made by two GM...one game by Battler to show a "bittersweet" truth and one brutal one by Bernkastel...so which one do we pick to be the actual truth?
I don't think we're ever going to see Bern's game. I think that scene was just to show us that theatergoing witches (us) will just keep playing with Beato's game forever and ever and ever until we grow bored with it. This is Lambda's trap.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:03   Link #19991
Teapot
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The peoples' car
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Teapot
I've been bouncing around other forums and it seems that a lot of people are convinced that Kyrie killing everybody for money is the truth, I think it's bern just making Lion and Ange uncomfortable.
Teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:15   Link #19992
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTR View Post
This just in: Maria has prosopagnosia.
I wish that was true. Too bad it isn't, since there are (probably) no hints towards it.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:21   Link #19993
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I wish that was true. Too bad it isn't, since there are (probably) no hints towards it.
I thought he was basing that off of how Maria recognizes people based on their behavior?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:25   Link #19994
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
I thought he was basing that off of how Maria recognizes people based on their behavior?
But are there any specific hints towards her having a mental disorder? Besides autism, I mean.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:28   Link #19995
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
But are there any specific hints towards her having a mental disorder? Besides autism, I mean.
..Wait, what? Where did autism come from?
__________________
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:36   Link #19996
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
..Wait, what? Where did autism come from?
I thought her having some kind of autism spectrum disorder was kind of obvious. I mean, just look at how, uh, developmentally abnormal she is.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:38   Link #19997
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
..Wait, what? Where did autism come from?
the idea has been around for a while, but in my opinion Maria doesn't really show the emotional isolation typical of autism.


as for prosopagnosia I don't think it is necessary to postulate that to explain Maria's odd behavior, and I think people would have noticed if she really had that condition.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:40   Link #19998
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
the idea has been around for a while, but in my opinion Maria doesn't really show the emotional isolation typical of autism.
I know quite a few autistic people, and not all of them show signs of emotional isolation. They're just immature, show no understanding of social norms, and are impossible to reason with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
as for prosopagnosia I don't think it is necessary to postulate that to explain Maria's odd behavior, and I think people would have noticed if she really had that condition.
This is what I'm getting at: It would explain quite a bit but it's not necessary and there isn't a sufficient amount of textual support for it. Besides, it wouldn't even serve much of a purpose at this point.

Now, if Battler had prosopagnosia...
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:48   Link #19999
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere?
...I wouldn't consider that autism. Considering that Maria's still a kid, of course she'd be immature. She desperately wanted her mother's attention to the point of being a witch and killing her over and over, and because of that, she ignored society...basically.

Impossible to reason with? Its like saying arguing with a Christian about whether God exists. Once believe in something for so long, it's hard to lose faith in it until it becomes very improbable.
__________________
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-19, 21:50   Link #20000
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet-kun View Post
...I wouldn't consider that autism. Considering that Maria's still a kid, of course she'd be immature.
She is nine years old and talks like she's three.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.