AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-19, 14:26   Link #23801
Guido
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Monterrey, México
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yasu pretty much hates her own existence, yea. It pretty much hit when she learned her parentage and how she was dumped off a cliff and all that stuff.
In other words, if Yasu's truly proven that "she's" female, then that means Yasu's a yandere.

But, if Yasu's indeed female wouldn't that invalidate the "Battler is the culprit" theory formulated in End of the Golden Witch?


Then, this is my bet: AuraTwilight say it in red that Yasu's a female.


P.S. I've always wanted to say that quote. *lol*
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 15:20   Link #23802
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
I think people just say ''She'' for reference, saying ''he/she'' every time would get really annoying, and while I personally think Yasu IS female(although maybe she started off as a male, point being she lacks a penis), I can't prove it, so I just use ''she'' most of the time. Also, do Yandere's have to be female? Confused at what you said there.

But I still like the idea that Yasu looks like Kanon physically, and can disguise herself as Shannon due to his girlish figure, fake breasts. Due to Kanon's looks, the gender issue can still be there, I mean she can still be female even if she looked like Kanon.

Last edited by cronnoponno; 2011-08-19 at 16:05.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 15:37   Link #23803
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
What bothers me the most about Yasu being originally male is the fact that then he'd be the victim of a forced feminization by the hands of Genji.

But I guess I shouldn't be that surprised considering we already have a rapist (Kinzo) a murderer (Natsuhi) and a child abductor (Rudolf).
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:04   Link #23804
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Wait, Natsuhi murdered? Rudolph abducted a child?!? Where was this shown? Unless you mean the baby...now that I think of it.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:12   Link #23805
Kealym
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Wait, Natsuhi murdered? Rudolph abducted a child?!? Where was this shown? Unless you mean the baby...now that I think of it.
Natsuhi and the MF19YAO baby is highly debatable, regarding how much blame she has. I guess it depends on how much love you have for poor ol' Natsuhi, but I sincerely believe it was a genuine accident, and she just felt really, really really bad about the fact that she had wished the child would "go away".

Why does Lion only exist in a world where "Natsuhi accepted" him? Because she would've been holding the damn baby herself, probably indoors, with toys, away from any conveniently unsteady cliffside path. XD
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:35   Link #23806
ErenselTheJester
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: In the Meta- World... on Virgillia's bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Natsuhi and the MF19YAO baby is highly debatable, regarding how much blame she has. I guess it depends on how much love you have for poor ol' Natsuhi, but I sincerely believe it was a genuine accident, and she just felt really, really really bad about the fact that she had wished the child would "go away".

Why does Lion only exist in a world where "Natsuhi accepted" him? Because she would've been holding the damn baby herself, probably indoors, with toys, away from any conveniently unsteady cliffside path. XD
And how does that have a low chance of happening? Are you telling me that 99.9999 times out of 100, no matter what she did, the baby would have died? I mean it should be as simple as "Natsuhi denies/Natsuhi accepts" but nooooo, Lion can't live unless there is some fool- proof way of him being accepted by Natsuhi without dying. WTF?
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:45   Link #23807
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Wait, Natsuhi murdered? Rudolph abducted a child?!? Where was this shown? Unless you mean the baby...now that I think of it.
Natsuhi murdered the maid in 1967 and almost murdered Yasu with her. That poor maid died, and this fact was dismissed so easily that I'm not surprised you completely forgot about her. That Natsuhi really did that was confirmed in EP8 after you correctly answer Natsuhi's riddle.
I think an attorney would have a hard time making it pass as manslaughter, it's more like a non premeditated murder, I'm not even sure you could say Natsuhi was insane, she was just stressed.

Quote:
but I sincerely believe it was a genuine accident
Even if it was, that'd be manslaugther and that's still a kind of homicide.


As for Rudolf, he took Battler away from his real mother. This is no joke, it's a serious crime. This was also confirmed in EP8 when you solve Rudolf's riddle... or was it Kyrie's? Well either one.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:45   Link #23808
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
I believe the ''acceptance/denial'' life-or-death is critical to the point of the story. If Lion could survive while being rejected by Natsuhi then it'd destroy the whole meaning of a lot of things I believe, logically yeah, Natsuhi hating her baby isn't grounds for an immediate death, but what if it didn't happen?


I also agree that the baby incident was an accident on Natsuhi's part, I'd like to believe that she hasn't actually ''murdered'' anyone and that she's probably the most faithful character in this series.
How is telling a servant to fuck off and then the servant ending up dead after that mean she was the one at fault? Did she literally shove them off or something? Almost positive she didn't even though she wished it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Rudolph did do that.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 16:56   Link #23809
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Did she literally shove them off or something?
I think it's clearly implied that she did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuhi
"......That was no reason... for me to push you off a cliff...
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 17:32   Link #23810
Player
Sorcerer of Awesome
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meta World
Send a message via MSN to Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think it's clearly implied that she did that.
Or she's just, you know, blaming herself by sending the servant away, causing her to slip off a cliff. Thus, she feels she indirectly pushed Yasu off a cliff. That's my guess, anyways.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 17:47   Link #23811
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player View Post
Or she's just, you know, blaming herself by sending the servant away, causing her to slip off a cliff. Thus, she feels she indirectly pushed Yasu off a cliff. That's my guess, anyways.
Yeah, I believe she only says ''I did it'' because she is paranoid that her wish actually came true due to her strongly wishing for it, she's religious, so....
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 17:52   Link #23812
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Well you can have your own interpretation, but would you say my interpretation is far fetched?

Natsuhi said it outright and Beatrice said it was true. That's more than enough for me.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 17:54   Link #23813
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Well you can have your own interpretation, but would you say my interpretation is far fetched?

Natsuhi said it outright and Beatrice said it was true. That's more than enough for me.
Well, I can't deny it that's true, I think our interpretation is a bit of wishful thinking.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 17:59   Link #23814
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I'd wish Natsuhi didn't do that myself, but I'm used to try my best at ignoring my biases when I try to assess a situation.

It frankly seems a lot strange that Natsuhi would actually do that since she wasn't depicted as a person capable of murder, but then again I realize that's something Ryuukishi can do.

Just like how everyone happily help Rena hiding a corpse with smiles on their faces in Higurashi.
I think Ryuukishi... well... I think he undervalues a bit the gravity of some crimes if compared to what normally society does. Then again maybe it's because it's just fiction.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 18:14   Link #23815
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Hi, dropping by a bit, just wanting to let something off my chest that I just realized recently.

I didn't really think about it at first, but if Kinzo is both Beatrice3/Yasu's father AND grandfather, that means Beatrice2 was both Yasu's mother AND older sister right? It also means Yasu is the youngest of the siblings AND the cousins' uncle/aunt.

My God, Kinzo is awesome.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 18:24   Link #23816
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
In other words, if Yasu's truly proven that "she's" female, then that means Yasu's a yandere.

But, if Yasu's indeed female wouldn't that invalidate the "Battler is the culprit" theory formulated in End of the Golden Witch?


Then, this is my bet: AuraTwilight say it in red that Yasu's a female.


P.S. I've always wanted to say that quote. *lol*
Yasu has a female gender identity, which is what I was referencing. I do not have any confidence that she is physically a woman.

Quote:
Natsuhi said it outright and Beatrice said it was true. That's more than enough for me.
While I agree with you, I do have to add that HOW WOULD BEATRICE KNOW if it was true? She was a fucking baby and any information about the incident would have to be taken secondhand. If Natsuhi says she pushed her off a cliff, REGARDLESS of whether she was right or wrong, Beatrice can only take that at face value.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 18:50   Link #23817
Wanderer
Goat
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gnawing away at Rokkenjima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'd wish Natsuhi didn't do that myself, but I'm used to try my best at ignoring my biases when I try to assess a situation.

It frankly seems a lot strange that Natsuhi would actually do that since she wasn't depicted as a person capable of murder, but then again I realize that's something Ryuukishi can do.
It was 19 years ago. She could have been a different person back then. I also think it's completely plausible for her to lapse for just a couple seconds and commit second degree murder. And remember her motivation. She felt utterly cornered and shamed with no way out except getting rid of the child.

Personally, I do not lack for love of Natsuhi. She's one of my favorite characters and, the horrible 1986 result notwithstanding, I don't think she should be "brought to justice" for her crime because she already bears the full weight of her sin. It would only cause unneeded strife to those around her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Just like how everyone happily help Rena hiding a corpse with smiles on their faces in Higurashi.
I think Ryuukishi... well... I think he undervalues a bit the gravity of some crimes if compared to what normally society does. Then again maybe it's because it's just fiction.
Teppei was an evil, evil human being. I'd be smiling too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Yasu has a female gender identity, which is what I was referencing. I do not have any confidence that she is physically a woman.
Yes, Yasu's gender is female. I think her sex is male, because if Yasu's sex was female then there wouldn't be so much gender confusion in the first place.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 19:05   Link #23818
cronnoponno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Unless Yasu had a genderbender, then there'd be every reason to have it.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 19:08   Link #23819
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
While I agree with you, I do have to add that HOW WOULD BEATRICE KNOW if it was true? She was a fucking baby and any information about the incident would have to be taken secondhand. If Natsuhi says she pushed her off a cliff, REGARDLESS of whether she was right or wrong, Beatrice can only take that at face value.
There's also the secondary layer of how does the author know? Even if we take at face value that the cliff incident happened, there's no way anybody could know if Natsuhi ever actually did it or actually admitted to it. If it happened, she is basically the only person who could possibly have known she did it. And I think it very unlikely she ever would have told anyone who wound up surviving long enough to spread that information around. Strikes me as authorial speculation at best.

Just because Natsuhi-as-a-character admits something doesn't mean Natsuhi-the-person ever did, if indeed there was even anything to admit to.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 19:17   Link #23820
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
, I don't think she should be "brought to justice" for her crime because she already bears the full weight of her sin. It would only cause unneeded strife to those around her.
You seem to think like Ryuukishi but in a real life situation I would disagree. I believe that in case of murder there is a moral obligation to come out and in particular the relatives of the deceased have the right to know.

Quote:
There's also the secondary layer of how does the author know?
Then how does the author know what Rudolf did with Battler if not even his closest relatives knew?

I go with the assumption that since this is the last episode and those scenes are a reward it's basically Ryuukishi himself talking through his characters.
You have to admit that if all that stuff never happened it wouldn't have any narrative value whatsoever.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.