AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 18:40   Link #34301
jjblue1

The spoilers for EP 7 manga new chapter are out and show the solutions to Ep 1 of Umineko.
They confirm Shannon wasn't in the storehouse, that the chain lock of Eva and Hideyoshi room wasn't actually closed, that Kinzo was already dead, that Kanon faked being hurt and that Beatrice, before killing Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa, entered using the door like any normal person. The text probably adds some more details but I can't really read it.

Who's interested can find them here.

Oh, there's also a colour pic of Will that's really cool!

We're also told that Will's black sword is sort of on his back (well he retrieves it from there but the sword appears magically) while Clair's sword is her book.

There's also more talking about Yasu, who's shown using guns and whose form is the one of a faceless long blonde haired girl.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 21:48   Link #34302
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Thanks for the info, JJ!

It's good to have the solutions for ep 1 confirmed, but at the same time it's a little sad (nostalgic-sad?). Lots of people had already worked out what the solutions must be. Even Ryukishi with his reluctance to tell all is giving us the solutions now. Well, it was inevitable.

It looks as if Yasu's hair is down to mid-back level. So, not as long as Beatrice's, but quite a bit longer than Shannon's and Kanon's. I wonder what the situation really was with Yasu's hair, then? The Beato-hair was shown to be a wig, if things are being consistent. So there's no real point in having mid-back level hair, and Yasu's real hair won't have been blonde anyway. Presumably her normal hair is her Shannon hair and her Kanon hair is either a marvel of quick-change hair styling or another wig. Could be that the blonde mid-back level hair was just a stylistic thing to separate Yasu from Beato/Kanon/Shannon, maybe making her look more like Lion. It does look the most like Lion's hair style.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 05:27   Link #34303
battle22

Send a message via Skype™ to battle22
Quote:
he spoilers for EP 7 manga new chapter are out and show the solutions to Ep 1 of Umineko.
They confirm Shannon wasn't in the storehouse, that the chain lock of Eva and Hideyoshi room wasn't actually closed, that Kinzo was already dead, that Kanon faked being hurt and that Beatrice, before killing Genji, Nanjo and Kumasawa, entered using the door like any normal person. The text probably adds some more details but I can't really read it.
But Manga isn't canon, remember ? (sarcasm)
Old 2014-04-11, 06:17   Link #34304
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
The same as always, me translating the few panels that we get...though at least I can get my hands on the magazine that EP7 runs in...so hopefully more to come during this week and more on EP8 when I'm back in Japan at the start of May.

Spoiler for EP7 EP1 solution manga:

At least now the EP7 manga is also going into a little bit more fine-tuning, as did the EP8 manga from the very beginning.

Considering how they both portray Yasu's true form as quite different, I suppose Ryukishi advised to keep the form of the EP7 culprit in check with the narrative...as to not directly reveal it in a "THIS IS SHKANNON" kind of way. Even in EP8 they are still making it clear that, while they use the Shannon hairstyle (but Beato dress), "that person", Shannon, Kanon, and Beato are quite distinct entities in their own rights. So far no name was ever given...even Erika speaks of Kanon and "X", "that person", "the true culprit".

And I am trying to push myself (with my very...veeeeeryyyyy limited travel-laptop) through translating a bit more of EP8 for people interested in it. It really brings some more neat points to light if you really concentrate on the text...like this here:
Spoiler for EP8 manga chapter16:

I don't remember if and how the game framed that particular scene, but I do like how much the manga also uses visual storytelling to impart elements of the story. Like how it becomes clear that, while the content of the diary is the truth, it is also something that Eva clearly is not happy about and likely painted by her emotions of that day.

Last edited by haguruma; 2014-04-11 at 12:26.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 13:53   Link #34305
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Thanks for the info, JJ!

It's good to have the solutions for ep 1 confirmed, but at the same time it's a little sad (nostalgic-sad?). Lots of people had already worked out what the solutions must be. Even Ryukishi with his reluctance to tell all is giving us the solutions now. Well, it was inevitable.
Well, considering how many wanted to check their answers I'm not going to complain. Personally I'm happy the manga is giving answers. At this point I think who hadn't come up with a solution might have lost interest or not have the ability of coming up with one and a part of those who found the solutions did it by also using extra tips like Ryukishi's interview.

So I see no harm in finally seeing confirmed what I though... as well as finally giving an answer to who couldn't find one.
LOL, I've some solutions I'm not confident myself so I'll be happy to have an official answer.

Quote:
It looks as if Yasu's hair is down to mid-back level. So, not as long as Beatrice's, but quite a bit longer than Shannon's and Kanon's. I wonder what the situation really was with Yasu's hair, then? The Beato-hair was shown to be a wig, if things are being consistent. So there's no real point in having mid-back level hair, and Yasu's real hair won't have been blonde anyway. Presumably her normal hair is her Shannon hair and her Kanon hair is either a marvel of quick-change hair styling or another wig. Could be that the blonde mid-back level hair was just a stylistic thing to separate Yasu from Beato/Kanon/Shannon, maybe making her look more like Lion. It does look the most like Lion's hair style.
My guess is that Yasu is represented like that because that's how Yasu sees herself. Skipping the hair colour (which in Umineko is a messy because... blue hair? Really?) it's possible that Yasu originally had long hair and ended up cutting them later on... maybe when she decided that a part of her would be Shannon and another Beatrice.

In her mind though her true self is the one with long yet not as long as Beatrice hair, while her own version with short hair is "Shannon"... although Shannon is also the look she shows to the world so technically her 'real' self has short hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
The same as always, me translating the few panels that we get...though at least I can get my hands on the magazine that EP7 runs in...so hopefully more to come during this week and more on EP8 when I'm back in Japan at the start of May.

Spoiler for EP7 EP1 solution manga:
Thank you so much for the translations!

Quote:
At least now the EP7 manga is also going into a little bit more fine-tuning, as did the EP8 manga from the very beginning.
Yes, finally Ep 7 is giving us something to work with.

Quote:
And I am trying to push myself (with my very...veeeeeryyyyy limited travel-laptop) through translating a bit more of EP8 for people interested in it. It really brings some more neat points to light if you really concentrate on the text...like this here:
Spoiler for EP8 manga chapter16:

I don't remember if and how the game framed that particular scene, but I do like how much the manga also uses visual storytelling to impart elements of the story. Like how it becomes clear that, while the content of the diary is the truth, it is also something that Eva clearly is not happy about and likely painted by her emotions of that day.
Thank you so much for this translation also. Yes, Ep 8 is doing a rather wonderful job at this. They're all very expressive. They're rather awesome. Really, I love how Natsumi Kei improved her style. Ep 8 has became really emotionally involving just by watching at the pictures.
Old 2014-04-11, 16:14   Link #34306
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
I also feel like that actually, but I think it is something that really had to happen. It's not fair to expect people to invest so much thought in a work and then not give them a conclusive answer. Sure, EP7 does confirm the correct answers if you've worked out as much, but it doesn't explicitly explain the tricks and let you confirm your theory for certain.

Though Ryukishi's reluctance is sort of justificed because, yeah, the people who didn't think and just waited around for the answer to show up will also be rewarded which will be unfair to those who did think... but I think not letting them check if their thinking did bear fruit in the end is crueler.

Quote:
Wow, thanks a lot for this!

As far as I recall, the dialogues are exactly the same in the Visual Novel, but the illustrations do highlight the characters' emotional state (troll loli-Ange!!!!!). I really love how Battler's expression is 'oh no!' and Eva brings her hands to her mouth as soon as she realizes what is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
because... blue hair? Really?)
You..... should.... not have said that!!!!!!!

Actually, Bernkastel's hair color isn't really that outrageous because she's a meta 100% fictional character. I say, for an "anime", Umineko's hair choices seem to be surprisingly realistic.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 10:43   Link #34307
Dr. Casey

Question. I remember reading once that the Umineko manga features a flashback of Genji and Kinzo from their youth. I'm not sure just how long ago the scene takes place, but I think it predates the World War II stretch of episode 7. What chapter was it that featured this? I want all the important Kinzo character building I can get (and Genji's kind of interesting too, I guess).
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 11:23   Link #34308
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Question. I remember reading once that the Umineko manga features a flashback of Genji and Kinzo from their youth. I'm not sure just how long ago the scene takes place, but I think it predates the World War II stretch of episode 7. What chapter was it that featured this? I want all the important Kinzo character building I can get (and Genji's kind of interesting too, I guess).
It's in Ep 8 chap 8. It shows how Kinzo and Genji met when they were children and grew up together until Kinzo was taken away to become the new Ushiromiya head. Then it skips to the time after the war had ended in which Kinzo went back to Taiwan to pick Genji up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
You..... should.... not have said that!!!!!!!

Actually, Bernkastel's hair color isn't really that outrageous because she's a meta 100% fictional character. I say, for an "anime", Umineko's hair choices seem to be surprisingly realistic.
Honestly I've no problems with Bern's hair colour. It's when she states Erika too has blue hair that I'm sort of... uhm... really?

On a side note blue is my fave colour so if they had to have hair of an odd colour I prefer them to be blue but still... it's not very natural...
Old 2014-04-12, 14:40   Link #34309
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Honestly I've no problems with Bern's hair colour. It's when she states Erika too has blue hair that I'm sort of... uhm... really?
That is because having blue hair is a special privilege that is only alloted to special people who like to tell orphans Santa doesn't exist and get a kick out of making people suffer for no apparent reason, and oh! They can also pull awesome troll faces!

Quote:
On a side note blue is my fave colour so if they had to have hair of an odd colour I prefer them to be blue but still... it's not very natural...
Well, most anime (and related media) usually have many wierd hair colors a lot wierder than that. Umineko is actually pretty rational. I say, having a human character have this wierd hair color when other characters don't they kinda stick out but maybe Erika was meant to (plus it sort of works as a Bern refferences and really made an impression before EP5 was released).

I personally like Erika having blue hair because..... RYUKISHI HAS MADE THAT COLOR AN EPIC!!!!

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-12, 15:33   Link #34310
jjblue1

Quote:
That is because having blue hair is a special privilege that is only alloted to special people who like to tell orphans Santa doesn't exist and get a kick out of making people suffer for no apparent reason, and oh! They can also pull awesome troll faces!
LOL You might be up on something here... many characters with blue hair aren't exactly sweet...

Quote:
Well, most anime (and related media) usually have many wierd hair colors a lot wierder than that. Umineko is actually pretty rational. I say, having a human character have this wierd hair color when other characters don't they kinda stick out but maybe Erika was meant to (plus it sort of works as a Bern refferences and really made an impression before EP5 was released).

I personally like Erika having blue hair because..... RYUKISHI HAS MADE THAT COLOR AN EPIC!!!!
Yes, but the inconsistency in hair colour becomes troublesome when discussing about Yasu. Not only Shannon and Kanon's hair colour seem to be different but Yasu is depicted as having blonde hair... which not only would be genetically difficult but would clash with Shannon and Kanon's hair colour and ends up making us wonder if a blonde long haired Yasu started wearing a short haired wig to impersonate Shannon and then, over that short haired wig she had to wear another blond haired wig in front of Kinzo to impersonate Beatrice... which start to become really ridicolous...

Ence my theory of not paying to much attention to hair colours as they're probably not meant to be taken seriously.
Old 2014-04-12, 21:16   Link #34311
Kealym

Yes, I thought it's been consensus since forever that all the human characters are typical looking, black haired Japanese.

Except for Kuwadoritrice who was probably (I'm assuming, here) noticeably biracial and ended up blonde in a genetic fluke.

I really think Erika's hair was probably black in a real world sense, but since she has a Meta presence they can comment on her actual sprite ; heck, towards the end of EP6 she cracks a joke about her own trollface, so... hey.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 17:09   Link #34312
jjblue1

I've been using google translate on this page as it gives some more info about Ep 8 manga version.
It seems that Shannon also suffered of polydactyly like Kinzo but was operated (remember? one of the pics that leached showed that her feet had a scar). When she clumsily spilled something on herself she removed her shoes and Kinzo caught sign of her scar and figured out what it could mean.

That's why Kinzo was nicer with her (or him? I couldn't get if she was dressed up as Kanon or not) and let her shoot with the guns he never allowed anyone else to touch.

It also says she began to dress up as a male servant because disgusted by her body in the belief by being a male she could be happier and the servants covered up for her... which would mean Kanon was around prior to Kinzo's death.

But well, that's all I can get as Google translate did a rather terrible translation.

Well, even if the whole 'geez, you've a scar on your feet, you must have had polydactyly' is a bit forced it explains Kinzo's behaviour better... and since there was no hint the baby could have had it and Kinzo could have discovered Shannon/Kanon had it as well, it was hard to guess why Kinzo started being nice with her/him all of sudden.

Still, it's sad as Kinzo basically never recognized Shannon/Kanon for his child due to how they were but merely because they had a scar.

Probably when he placed the epitaph he had few time to live and wanted to force Genji to admit they were Lion... which is more logical than thinking he did it without having an idea if Lion was alive and around. This however is worth some thoughts. If Kinzo already had suspicions and Genji didn't know why shouldn't have Genji revealed the truth without that escamoutage? Wasn't he waiting for Kinzo to recognize Shannon/Kanon as his child to tell him the truth?
Old 2014-04-13, 20:57   Link #34313
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

It does make a lot of sense as a way of Kinzo identifying Lion. Another person on the island with polydactyly, of about the same age as Lion, brough there by Genji at an abnormally young age...Hell, poor Yasu is 75% Kinzo, right? It is a bit of cheap move, in that there were never hints of this in the VN despite there being an emphasis on what the polydactyly meant for Kinzo himself. But it does make sense. As does the possibility that the epitaph was placed there with the sole purpose of wringing Lion's secret out of Genj.

It doesn't totally rule out the possibility of Yasu just being some kid whom Genji brought to replace the dead Lion. If there had happened to be a kid with polydactyly at the orphanage, it would be possible. But it does make it a little less likely, and that's aside from the way that it being a random kid would thwart Genji's aim of non-molesting parent-child bonds being awakened just from having Yasu there on the island.

I wonder if Genji found out that the reason wasn't that sort of parent-child bond but just the discovery of the scar? I expect he would have been disappointed if he had. His ideas there surrounding the possibility of a wholesome parent child relationship springing into existence sounded romantic in the extreme.

Things could have been handled in a really different way had Kinzo talked to Yasu and ignored the epitaph, and most importantly skipped the whole tearful forgiveness scene with Yasu in her mother's dress. Genji has the worst taste in the entire world. Getting Yasu to dress that way, and having her wander past a whole lot of skeletons later on? Well, maybe the dress was Kinzo's idea. I'm really curious now. Did Genji get Yasu dress up and spring the epitaph thing on Kinzo all at once, or did he tell Kinzo first and follow Kinzo's directions for the meeting? I really have to wonder what was wrong with Kinzo that he didn't go for the sitting down and talking to Genji and Yasu option from the start. (Okay, okay, Ushiromiya Kinzo is not known for his good sense.) Maybe on some level he thought it was too good to be true.

I'm rather pleased to hear that Kanon really was acted out for some time. I like Kanon a lot, and it seemed unfair that a major character like him could just be an imaginary friend who wasn't even a properly acted role. It's not surprising that Yasu's motivation would be to try to see if being male would be a better option, or that the servants would feel compelled to help with that. But if this was before Kinzo's death, wouldn't that be before Yasu found out about the body's original condition? Though she must have already felt uncomfortable for a long time about her lack of normal female development. It must have been quite brave to decide to dress as a male servant with the co-operation of the others even before obtaining the truth and the headship.

Quote:
If Kinzo already had suspicions and Genji didn't know why shouldn't have Genji revealed the truth without that escamoutage? Wasn't he waiting for Kinzo to recognize Shannon/Kanon as his child to tell him the truth?
That is tricky. Maybe Kinzo wasn't straightforward about his suspicions, and badly feared the possibility of them not being correct? I doubt he resented Genji's actions. Kinzo might have wanted to prove Lion's identity through magic, thus relying on the epitaph as final confirmation. And Genji might have played along with that. Or, possibly Genji just didn't know that Kinzo already had suspicions, or he might have feared that if he told Kinzo too early, Kinzo would harm Yasu.
Old 2014-04-14, 04:47   Link #34314
Ithekro
Space Battlecarrier

Could Kinzo have dementia at that age in his life?
Old 2014-04-14, 06:40   Link #34315
haguruma

Just a short post before I read on and post more later...
If this IS information from the manga and not made up or anything, then we have our answer on Ikuko:
Quote:
May my wish come true, that this bottle mail
may never fall in the hands of anyone.

If, by any chance, you should read this,
then by any means, deal me my just punishment.

One day the author Hachijo Ikuko picked up a curious item by the roadside.
A bottle mail, written on red paper.
The title was:
"Confession of the Golden witch"

It even exceeds the amount of "confession" that was done in EP7 and is full to the brim with the true culprits resentment and grief.
What I want to say is, this is the bound confession letters of the "witch"...
Old 2014-04-14, 11:14   Link #34316
jjblue1

Quote:
Just a short post before I read on and post more later...
If this IS information from the manga and not made up or anything, then we have our answer on Ikuko:
Thank you for the translation. Honestly if that's the truth I'm disappointed. I wasn't really fond of the idea of Ikuko as Yasu who survived but the idea of Ikuko as random stranger who coincidentially found the bottle with the truth and Battler and coincidentially is wealthy enough to take care of him in private and coincidentially loves mystery and write them and coincidentially she and Battler establish a relationship which is more or less the same Battler had with Sayo... while let's not forget that coincidentally Battler is having amnesia but when Ikuko will read about Rokkenjima he coincidentally will start remembering and helping her writing Rokkenjima forgeries...

Really, the coincidentally is too much. Honestly I would have preferred for Ikuko to be removed or have a quite different backstory.

Besides... how did the bottle reached the roadside? Did Battler have it and lost hit when a car hit him? Well, at least this would make more sense than Ikuko coincidentally finding it...

Quote:
It does make a lot of sense as a way of Kinzo identifying Lion. Another person on the island with polydactyly, of about the same age as Lion, brough there by Genji at an abnormally young age...Hell, poor Yasu is 75% Kinzo, right? It is a bit of cheap move, in that there were never hints of this in the VN despite there being an emphasis on what the polydactyly meant for Kinzo himself. But it does make sense. As does the possibility that the epitaph was placed there with the sole purpose of wringing Lion's secret out of Genji.
Yes, we were basically asked to assume that Yasu inherited it but no one found out apart for Kinzo who randomly saw Yasu's feet and figured out she had polydactyly just by a scar that must be really, really peculiar because feet can get hurt and scarred all the time and not just due to having a finger removed.

Quote:
It doesn't totally rule out the possibility of Yasu just being some kid whom Genji brought to replace the dead Lion. If there had happened to be a kid with polydactyly at the orphanage, it would be possible. But it does make it a little less likely, and that's aside from the way that it being a random kid would thwart Genji's aim of non-molesting parent-child bonds being awakened just from having Yasu there on the island.
Honestly I think She was Lion otherwise all Genji had to do was to bribe her to pay the part or ask her to play the part out of pity for a poor old man who was dying and longed to receive forgiveness.

He had no need to pass all the ineritance to a fake, nor to fed her all those lies.

Quote:
I wonder if Genji found out that the reason wasn't that sort of parent-child bond but just the discovery of the scar? I expect he would have been disappointed if he had. His ideas there surrounding the possibility of a wholesome parent child relationship springing into existence sounded romantic in the extreme.
I think it's possible Genji knows as I think the test implied Kumasawa was around and Kumasawa might have tattled out the incident to him. *sigh* Honestly, I think Genji deserves a prize for coming up with the WORST PLAN EVER.

Quote:
Things could have been handled in a really different way had Kinzo talked to Yasu and ignored the epitaph, and most importantly skipped the whole tearful forgiveness scene with Yasu in her mother's dress. Genji has the worst taste in the entire world. Getting Yasu to dress that way, and having her wander past a whole lot of skeletons later on? Well, maybe the dress was Kinzo's idea. I'm really curious now. Did Genji get Yasu dress up and spring the epitaph thing on Kinzo all at once, or did he tell Kinzo first and follow Kinzo's directions for the meeting? I really have to wonder what was wrong with Kinzo that he didn't go for the sitting down and talking to Genji and Yasu option from the start. (Okay, okay, Ushiromiya Kinzo is not known for his good sense.) Maybe on some level he thought it was too good to be true.
Honestly I still don't get the dress. Kinzo knows she's a male, they're going to tell her she's a male, what is that mummery for? Feeding up the illusion that Lion is Beatrice reincarnated? Wasn't what Genji was trying to avoid? *sigh* That scene seems more for the sake of Beatrice's resurrection than for the sake of logic.

Quote:
I'm rather pleased to hear that Kanon really was acted out for some time. I like Kanon a lot, and it seemed unfair that a major character like him could just be an imaginary friend who wasn't even a properly acted role. It's not surprising that Yasu's motivation would be to try to see if being male would be a better option, or that the servants would feel compelled to help with that. But if this was before Kinzo's death, wouldn't that be before Yasu found out about the body's original condition? Though she must have already felt uncomfortable for a long time about her lack of normal female development. It must have been quite brave to decide to dress as a male servant with the co-operation of the others even before obtaining the truth and the headship.
Maybe it started as some sort of rebellion? Her body looked so male like that she tried it as a way to cope? Maybe she hoped people would claim that Kanon was girlish so as to make her feel more fitting as a female? No idea.

Quote:
That is tricky. Maybe Kinzo wasn't straightforward about his suspicions, and badly feared the possibility of them not being correct? I doubt he resented Genji's actions. Kinzo might have wanted to prove Lion's identity through magic, thus relying on the epitaph as final confirmation. And Genji might have played along with that. Or, possibly Genji just didn't know that Kinzo already had suspicions, or he might have feared that if he told Kinzo too early, Kinzo would harm Yasu.
Bah, at this point I don't really get Kinzo either. What about leaving down a will instead than an epitaph? Didn't he think his children wouldn't like to have a servant snatch away what they thought was rightfully theirs?
And letting his precious guns be touched by said servant without even being sure it was his son when his children never get the honour? Really, Kinzo is the worst.

... not mentioning that playing with guns did no good to Yasu...
Old 2014-04-14, 16:50   Link #34317
haguruma

Quote:
Really, the coincidentally is too much. Honestly I would have preferred for Ikuko to be removed or have a quite different backstory...
Well, I actually like it in a way, because it plays to the element of chance in the story. None of Sayo's wishes were granted, just the one wish for someone to find her confession and judge her was found.

By the way, the area where Ikuko likely lives (it's either on the very south of the Izu peninsula or Nijima...I don't remember) has roads at the ocean...not close to the ocean but really at the ocean, in the sense of "you are 2m away from the water" close to the ocean...so by-the-roadside likely means that she saw it in the water. Though we'll have to wait till we/I have the chapters in hand to actually verify this.

And here the translation of the article...and now I really want to read the complete chapter 25 and 26...
Spoiler for The true culprit:

Though I do wonder how much more about Tohya the manga will reveal...
Old 2014-04-14, 17:33   Link #34318
jjblue1

Quote:
Well, I actually like it in a way, because it plays to the element of chance in the story. None of Sayo's wishes were granted, just the one wish for someone to find her confession and judge her was found.
Honestly there are a tad too much coincidences for me to swallow in Umineko. I already try not too think to hard at how an Italian submarine carrying a woman and 10 tons of gold ended up in Japan and then BANG, everyone died minus Kinzo and Beatrice and Kinzo managed to pull off not being suspected and not having people discover what had happened and hey, he could even buy Rokkenjima and Krauss and Co never discovered Kuwadorian and they even made for Kinzo a red button of doom in form of a clock and that's not even the tip of the iceberg but since it's the part of the iceberg that's under water I try not to see it.

Ikuko feels like a forced plot device. The VN makes her too weird to think she's just a bystander who coincidentially did this and that and that and that and that... and so on... merely because she felt like it.

Maybe the manga gives her a different feeling so I shouldn't judge without seeing the Tohya/Ikuko chapter (as the manga managed to make things work much better so maybe the general feeling I'll get by reading the chapter will be different from the one in the VN...) but as of now I'm not really pleased.

Quote:
By the way, the area where Ikuko likely lives (it's either on the very south of the Izu peninsula or Nijima...I don't remember) has roads at the ocean...not close to the ocean but really at the ocean, in the sense of "you are 2m away from the water" close to the ocean...so by-the-roadside likely means that she saw it in the water. Though we'll have to wait till we/I have the chapters in hand to actually verify this.
Oh, okay...

Quote:
And here the translation of the article...and now I really want to read the complete chapter 25 and 26...
Thank you so much for the translation! It's scary how Sayo was basically let spiral into madness. They abandoned her to herself to deal with all that...

... it seems Ep 7 really sugar coated things as the truth was a lot more ugly than one could even think.

Though I find laughable how they told her they wanted her to live happily and then didn't give her a single way to live happily. They didn't give her a family, they didn't help her with her complexes and gender issues, they kept her in a toxic environment, they told her truth she didn't need to know and didn't help her to deal with them and then, when she said she would prefer to be dead... they basically let her keep on feeling miserable?

Geez, you really wanted her to be happy, didn't you?

Honestly, I get why she wanted to get rid of you...

Quote:
Though I do wonder how much more about Tohya the manga will reveal...
*sigh* I'm starting to think the manga will tell us that everything took place without Battler noticing, Eva offed Kyrie and Rudolf and then found Battler still alive and unaware of what had happened. She tried to save him by claiming 'someone killed everyone' and dragged him into the tunnel, he suspected her and she shoot him. She didn't manage to kill him though but left him for death. He managed to get up and escaped into the other tunnel and that's how he survived.

In short it'll go for the boring solution.
Old 2014-04-14, 19:32   Link #34319
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
That's spoilered as "the true culprit", but...
Spoiler for discussion of the spoilers:
Old 2014-04-14, 19:33   Link #34320
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

At what point in the thought process did "We'll reassign the child's gender and raise them as a female even though regardless of presented gender sexual activity will be impossible" come to sound like a good idea to Genji? I mean there's a big difference between "I'm male but due to a childhood injury things don't work right" and "I thought I was female, but then puberty hit and I didn't develop like a female in any way and at some point I was finally told that I was actually born sexually male." Why was any of that even necessary? Did Genji think more than 20 minutes ahead and wonder what was going to happen in 12 years or so? It was actually more difficult to do the thing that hurt Yasu more.

Genji is basically gradually being characterized by the manga as a guy who didn't just drop the ball, he spiked it in the endzone directly into Yasu's face and then back-shuffled out of the stadium shooting the middle finger to literally everyone. Like some kind of characterization scapegoat. Why did (nonsensical or traumatic thing) happen? Because Genji is a stupid asshole, next question.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote