AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-14, 23:10   Link #4181
Marion
The Great Dine

Didn't see it before, but not sure if it's fake or not. Kinda weird formatting though.

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 23:58   Link #4182
Kaiba

Maybe it's just me, but the font of that screenshot looks different from the normal font used in the game, so grain of salt would end up applying here.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 00:01   Link #4183
ameskitty
Kupo

Yeah, it's definitely a little odd. I probably wouldn't have even noticed it had I not seen the off-center text in the little thumbnail.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 00:02   Link #4184
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

The font looks the same to me. I noticed something different about it, but then realized that it was the missing the black font shadow, which makes sense since it's on an all black background.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 00:24   Link #4185
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Maybe it's just me, but the font of that screenshot looks different from the normal font used in the game, so grain of salt would end up applying here.
No, that's definitely the same font. What's strange is the way the text is placed, although now that I think about it there have been several similar scenes in the past.

EDIT: Though frankly, I'm baffled as to why only this site would have this particular screenshot, if it's real.

Old 2009-12-15, 02:51   Link #4186
Raneh
Storyteller

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
I noticed that Himeya had run out of preorders for EP6
And I was just going to place my order today
Is this AmiAmi safe to shop, they still seem to have copies left. If not what would be the second best option after Himeya?
Old 2009-12-15, 06:22   Link #4187
ijriims

Something comes to my mind:

In EP1 and EP3, Jessica was the one who imposed Beatrice to deliver the letters and umbrella to Maria, she was told by her friend Shannon that the letter was to tell the whole family to solve the epitaph, she did want the family to unite so she did it. She heard from Shannon that it was Golden witch Beatrice who told Shannon to urge Jessica to do so, of course Jessica thought Shannon was telling a joke but she accepted it. She had not think about where the seal came from (or she thought it was a trick from Kinzo), nor did she anticipate the killing.

Then, in both EP1 and EP3, Shannon was supposedly killed. So the link was cut and Jessica had no one to ask who was Beatrice but Maria.

In EP2, the one who imposed as suit-Beatrice was Shannon. Because Beatrice wanted Shannon to put a "candy-restoration" trick in front of Rosa as she had taught Shannon similar trick before, however, Beatrice knew that Jessica could not learn at such a short period of time and probably she could not deceive Rosa. So she picked Shannon in EP4.

In EP4, Beatrice herself delivered the umbrella because she had to persuade Maria to say it was Kinzo who delivered the letter in person. Why? Because she had colluded with Krauss in that episode and the siblings knowing that Maria receiving the umbrella from Kinzo would put the siblings in disarrary, thus enabling Krauss to have more time to prepare for the coming murders.

There was a strong hint from the manga that in EP1 Jessica said to Maria that "don't get cold, it was important for girls", which Beatrice also said when she delivered the umbrella and letter to Maria. To some people, it was a hint that Jessica was the real Beatrice, but to me it was a hint that she delivered the letter to Maria in EP1 and 3.

Also, one can see that Beatrice wore the same gown in EP1 and EP3, I thought it meant the one who imposed as Beatrice in EP1, 3 were the same person, but different from EP2. In EP4, there was no such a scene at all.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 07:08   Link #4188
ijriims

BTW,

It seems that Gaap, if she had a human representation in the real world, then she should be............Nanjo.

They both had no family symbol on their clothes.

Gaap said she was a visitor and close friend with Goldsmith, Nanjo was the only visitor and close friend with Kinzo.

Gaap usually talked with Virgilia, Nanjo talked with Kumasawa on phone in EP4.

Genji=Ronove, Kumasawa=Virgilia, Nanjo=Gaap, Kinzo=Goldsmith. So matched.

Now only Gohda didn't have a fantasy representation (Shannon and Kanon were magical representation themselves. Genji's knifethrowing is still possible in the real world, but "light saber and AT field"??), maybe we will see one in EP6??

Finally...
Spoiler for A picture which not many people want to see:
Old 2009-12-15, 07:33   Link #4189
Ssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
Now only Gohda didn't have a fantasy representation (Shannon and Kanon were magical representation themselves. Genji's knifethrowing is still possible in the real world, but "light saber and AT field"??), maybe we will see one in EP6??]
I read theories linking Gohda to goats or one of the goats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijriims View Post
Finally...
Spoiler for A picture which not many people want to see:
Ah, the things that cannot be unseen. I'm sure to have nightmares now.

I would put Nanjo at the top of my list of things I would not forgive Ryukishi for in episode 6 if they happen:
Spoiler for Please don't let these happen:
Old 2009-12-15, 08:09   Link #4190
NarkNarks

@Ssol

Hasn't 3 already been done once? I doubt Ryukishi gonna pull the same trick again. I agree with 2 and 4 though, they're nightmare fuel as far as i'm concerned.
NarkNarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 08:59   Link #4191
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I wholeheartedly support 2 and 4, mostly because I'm s perverted bastard.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 09:46   Link #4192
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I read theories linking Gohda to goats or one of the goats.
I always thought that Goat-kun and Virgilia during the escape scene were supposed to be Kumasawa and Gohda.
Old 2009-12-15, 09:59   Link #4193
ijriims

Poor Goat-kun...

So Gohda had a sister and decided to propose to his love-interest after this family conference. XD
Old 2009-12-15, 13:08   Link #4194
Dlanor A. Knox
Crazy but OK xP

w8.... Gaap=Nanjo 0.0 *drops death*
You got to be kidding 0.0 doesnt the Magic version is like the same sex? 0.0
I had a weird feeling that Gaap=Natushi because Natushi doesnt have the symbol and wishes to be close with Kinzo, or at least accepted 0.0
Dlanor A. Knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 13:42   Link #4195
CainSonozaki

Does there have to be a magical representation for Gohda? I dont think it would make much sense since he only recently started working there and was hired by Krauss and Natsuhi instead of Kinzo. Whereas the other four servants have been working there the whole time
CainSonozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 13:48   Link #4196
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raneh View Post
And I was just going to place my order today
Is this AmiAmi safe to shop, they still seem to have copies left. If not what would be the second best option after Himeya?
I personally have no experience with AmiAmi, other than that I was planning to use it to pre-order the Jessica SD figure that comes out in May sometime in the next few months . Their shipping information is a bit vague (you'd probably have to actually place an order to see how much it'd cost) but I have heard good things about them, at least from the figure side of things. So I'll bet they're pretty reliable with CDs and the like too.

As far as other places to pre-order, all the other places I can think of probably won't be stocking the game until it actually comes out :/. So if you don't want to go AmiAmi you're probably out of luck .

I also realize that the link I posted before isn't the English version of the site, so here's a link for that: http://www.amiami.com/shop/?set=engl...e_display.html

Old 2009-12-15, 14:57   Link #4197
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CainSonozaki View Post
Does there have to be a magical representation for Gohda? I dont think it would make much sense since he only recently started working there and was hired by Krauss and Natsuhi instead of Kinzo. Whereas the other four servants have been working there the whole time
Have we ever actually seen the goats kill anyone, even in a magic scene? I don't think it's happened except by implication. The end of ep2 throws a lot of things into confusion (Bernkastel being there with a goat-head mask, etc.); the part where the actual goat servants are chasing Maria and Rosa cuts off early.

So the goats don't really have to represent anyone because as far as I can tell they never actually do anything that has a tangible effect.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 15:44   Link #4198
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe Send a message via Skype™ to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Have we ever actually seen the goats kill anyone, even in a magic scene? I don't think it's happened except by implication. The end of ep2 throws a lot of things into confusion (Bernkastel being there with a goat-head mask, etc.); the part where the actual goat servants are chasing Maria and Rosa cuts off early.

So the goats don't really have to represent anyone because as far as I can tell they never actually do anything that has a tangible effect.
I think along that line, too.
Considering that at the end of Episode 2, during the witch's banquet, the doors to the golden land were supposed to be in the process of opening...so Battlers death is rather fuzzy and yeah the goats killing Kinzo is ridiculous in itself at that point.
So maybe they really are just 'decoration' showing how the real culprit is more powerful than his opponents.
The same would go for the stakes...as I think nobody assumes that there are really 7 individual staker girls around the island, but they are rather only a representation of their individual sins.
Old 2009-12-15, 16:49   Link #4199
ErenselTheJester

The goats have killed somebody under the order of their masters. This shown at the banquet to opening the Golden Land where the goats ate Ushiromiya Battler and Ushiromiya Kinzo and where they eat Ushiromiya Rosa and her daughter, Maria. Also, the goats are individual as shown by the battle between Goat- kun and Ushiromiya Krauss.
ErenselTheJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 17:05   Link #4200
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
The goats have killed somebody under the order of their masters. This shown at the banquet to opening the Golden Land where the goats ate Ushiromiya Battler and Ushiromiya Kinzo and where they eat Ushiromiya Rosa and her daughter, Maria. Also, the goats are individual as shown by the battle between Goat- kun and Ushiromiya Krauss.
The goats at the party are suggested to be masked partygoers, not the actual goat servants (although there are some of those). We know something is amiss anyway as Kinzo is not alive to be eaten. Rosa and Maria are merely consumed by implication; we can't find any real substantive proof it happens.

The goats also never kill anyone directly whom they are ordered to attack before the end of the game. The only goat to engage in any sort of struggle is the one that gets Krauss-countered, and the few Kanon fights in ep2. And there is absolutely nothing to prove that either event even happened (at least with Jessica and George's fights in ep4 we have the wounds allegedly suffered by the two).
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote