AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-07-05, 17:01   Link #13021
NarkNarks
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raiding ur fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
"By the way, Nanjo, be sure you warn Krauss not to ever try to set the house on fire for the insurance money because the foundation is made out of military-grade explosives."

"I'll pass that a- wait, what!?"

"Look, it was the 50s and that stuff was cheap! What am I, made out of money here?"

"Well, you do have the gold..."

"Which also explodes."

"Why is everything you own terrible and dangerous?"
Well I wouldn't put it past kinzo.

*GUNSHOT*

__________________
Being right is good and all but the beauty's in the argument.
NarkNarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:01   Link #13022
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error


maybe with this it will be more clear. the image on the right is Dlanor alpha channel taken from her portrait, I have rotated it and distorced until it could match with the shadow in the fire and it does, except for the legs who were probably edited to give a prospective effect.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:02   Link #13023
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On Rokkenjima (I'm the 19th person)
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
By the way...the guy in the portrait has yellow eyes, there is no way he could be human !
He could be young kinzo. He might put yellow contacts on. "I wouldn't put it past Kinzo"

*Stake flies in and kills George*

Oh look, now we don't have to worry about anyone dying at the conference this game.
__________________

Time ran out for the people on the island. All of them are dead. When the seagulls cry none shall be left alive. Sleep forever in a rest you will never be awakened from my beloved Beatrice. Persona: Project Mirror. http://persona-project-mirror.webs.com/ Check it out if you like the Persona series.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:03   Link #13024
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 3 12151805142615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
"By the way, Nanjo, be sure you warn Krauss not to ever try to set the house on fire for the insurance money because the foundation is made out of military-grade explosives."

"I'll pass that a- wait, what!?"

"Look, it was the 50s and that stuff was cheap! What am I, made out of money here?"

"Well, you do have the gold..."

"Which also explodes."

"Why is everything you own terrible and dangerous?"
I wouldn't put it past *****.
__________________
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:03   Link #13025
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
"Look, it was the 50s and that stuff was cheap! What am I, made out of money here?"
Well, if it is Yamashita's treasure, it would be kept in numerous vaults protected with... yep, explosives too. And Rokkenjima is just the island to be one of those vaults, which makes for a perfect reason for Kinzo to acquire it once he has discovered a vault or knew about it's existence in some other manner... like being the one to establish it as part of his duties.

Unfortunately we cannot well theorise on what exactly blows up until we know where the gold came from, but the Yamashita's Treasure and the M Funds are still the top two candidates.

An experimental nuclear reactor which accidentally transmutes lead shielding into gold would be lovely but way too cool for Ryukishi to include after all this mystery emphasis.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
ó Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:04   Link #13026
DgBarca
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserworm View Post
He could be young kinzo. He might put yellow contacts on. "I wouldn't put it past Kinzo"

*Stake flies in and kills George*

Oh look, now we don't have to worry about anyone dying at the conference this game.
If it is young kinzo...yellow lens...not exist....yet...crackpot theory...I wouldn't put it past yellow lens.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:05   Link #13027
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: On Rokkenjima (I'm the 19th person)
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
If it is young kinzo...yellow lens...not exist....yet...
Shh.. Ryushiki might not know that.
__________________

Time ran out for the people on the island. All of them are dead. When the seagulls cry none shall be left alive. Sleep forever in a rest you will never be awakened from my beloved Beatrice. Persona: Project Mirror. http://persona-project-mirror.webs.com/ Check it out if you like the Persona series.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:05   Link #13028
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 3 12151805142615
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
If it is young kinzo...yellow lens...not exist....yet...
He melted gold onto his eyes. Gonna say gold didn't exist yet? DIDN'T THINK SO.
Just kidding.
__________________
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:09   Link #13029
Nihilartikel
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Well, isn't Ep.7 supposed to be Bern's attempt at clearing all mysteries for good based on the information she got in Ep.6?

Since Ep.6 seemed to be pointing fairly blatantly in the direction of Shkanon (I'm not saying it's true, though), it makes sense to suppose that blondie there is a piece meant to represent Shkanon. Her partner is "the baby from 19 years ago" (who may or may not be the other Battler). They have business to settle with the Ushiromiyas.

I'm all for believing that the new pair are Bern's attempt to create a coherent narrative using Shkanon PLUS the other Battler as a killer team (dunno how she would juggle the number of people on the island for that to work, though).

Of course, since that would be kind of an obvious move for her, I don't expect it to be anywhere near the truth of what happens on the island. And I also expect Bern to know that, which is why, by the end of the episode, the whole "blondie and tall guy are the killers" theory will probably turn out to be a huge troll on her part to finally figure out the truth.

I'm pretty sure I'm repeating someone else's theory at this point :/
I'll contribute by naming this piece of speculation Bern's Batshkanontrice Reverse Troll Strategy.

Anyway, can't wait for the Requiem to be released.
Nihilartikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:14   Link #13030
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 3 12151805142615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilartikel View Post
Well, isn't Ep.7 supposed to be Bern's attempt at clearing all mysteries for good based on the information she got in Ep.6?

Since Ep.6 seemed to be pointing fairly blatantly in the direction of Shkanon (I'm not saying it's true, though), it makes sense to suppose that blondie there is a piece meant to represent Shkanon. Her partner is "the baby from 19 years ago" (who may or may not be the other Battler). They have business to settle with the Ushiromiyas.

I'm all for believing that the new pair are Bern's attempt to create a coherent narrative using Shkanon PLUS the other Battler as a killer team (dunno how she would juggle the number of people on the island for that to work, though).

Of course, since that would be kind of an obvious move for her, I don't expect it to be anywhere near the truth of what happens on the island. And I also expect Bern to know that, which is why, by the end of the episode, the whole "blondie and tall guy are the killers" theory will probably turn out to be a huge troll on her part to finally figure out the truth.

I'm pretty sure I'm repeating someone else's theory at this point :/
I'll contribute by naming this piece of speculation Bern's Batshkanontrice Reverse Troll Strategy.

Anyway, can't wait for the Requiem to be released.
The sample is far too small to be conclusive but only one other character has had yellow eyes so far.
__________________
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:15   Link #13031
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Well I think it's clear that:
  • Lambda is trolling Bern, who may or may not know this.
  • Bern and Erika were trolling Battler, but may or may not have been allowed to.
  • Battler and Beatrice were trolling Erika, who became aware of this.
  • Featherinne is trolling ANGE.
  • Bern is trolling everyone.
  • Lambda, Battler, and Beatrice may be trolling Bern. Or maybe they're not.
There's a lot of trolling going on here, and no telling who will emerge trollumphant in ep7.

If it's a "long game" somebody is playing (please be Battler for God's sake), of course, ep7 may end with them seeming to have lost.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:17   Link #13032
DgBarca
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Ho, I have been searching information on gold and...
Quote:
Sado Kinzan was Japanís biggest gold mine for almost 400 years
Quote:
Sado Kinzan was Japanís biggest gold mine for almost 400 years
Kinzo didn't get the gold.
KINZO IS THE GOLD.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:18   Link #13033
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 3 12151805142615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Well I think it's clear that:
  • Lambda is trolling Bern, who may or may not know this.
  • Bern and Erika were trolling Battler, but may or may not have been allowed to.
  • Battler and Beatrice were trolling Erika, who became aware of this.
  • Featherinne is trolling ANGE.
  • Bern is trolling everyone.
  • Lambda, Battler, and Beatrice may be trolling Bern. Or maybe they're not.
There's a lot of trolling going on here, and no telling who will emerge trollumphant in ep7.

If it's a "long game" somebody is playing (please be Battler for God's sake), of course, ep7 may end with them seeming to have lost.
You missed a troll, Ryukishi07 trolling us.
__________________
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:19   Link #13034
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
Kinzo didn't get the gold.
KINZO IS THE GOLD.
Well "gold" is actually in his name...
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:22   Link #13035
DgBarca
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Well "gold" is actually in his name...
So in EP5, Battler found Kinzo corpse with Erika.
And...even his corpse is gold, and even I guatentee that this corspe is Ushiromiya Kinzo 's corpse. EVEN IS CORPSE IS PURE GOLD.
DgBarca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:25   Link #13036
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
And...even his corpse is gold, and even I guatentee that this corspe is Ushiromiya Kinzo 's corpse. EVEN IS CORPSE IS PURE GOLD.
I don't remember where have I seen this joke, but... "We Ushiromiyas are so rich that even our words are gold!"
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
ó Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:26   Link #13037
NarkNarks
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Raiding ur fridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DgBarca View Post
So in EP5, Battler found Kinzo corpse with Erika.
And...even his corpse is gold, and even I guatentee that this corspe is Ushiromiya Kinzo 's corpse. EVEN IS CORPSE IS PURE GOLD.
Hence the new character is a young Kinzo, he just hadn't fully matured into a non gold state and still has golden eyes.

GOD IT ALL MAKES SENSE
__________________
Being right is good and all but the beauty's in the argument.
NarkNarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:26   Link #13038
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
"And then after I die, I want you to have me melted down into bars and stacked in a bedroom I've installed in an underground tunnel."

"I... I'm sorry Master Kinzo, I believe I may not have heard you correctly. It sounded like you said to... melt your body down... into bars of metal... and stack them in a bedroom."

"I don't think you're deaf, Genji, you heard me."

LATER

"He's not even made of gold at all!"

"Natsuhi is going to be so mad."

"Well, nothing left to do but kill a bunch of people for real so it looks like he was killed by a random murderer."

"Is murder your answer for everything, Kanon?"

"...maybe?"

"*sigh* I'll fetch your cleaver."
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:31   Link #13039
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
"*sigh* I'll fetch your cleaver."
You should collect those and release a separate episode of pure satire.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
ó Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 17:35   Link #13040
June 1983
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Warwick, RI
Age: 31
I have solved the riddle! Krauss killed Kinzo in the parlor with the Golden Wrench!

Um, to make this post a little more relevant, someone on rokkenjima @ LJ suggested that the stage we've seen in some screenshots will be the setting of the meta world in EP 7. I haven't seen that posted here, though I might have missed it. I think it's an interesting possibility.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.