AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-14, 21:39   Link #16301
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Most people have very small roles, however, outside of Leon/Wright/Bern/Claire/Zepar/Furfur/Gaap. And Shannon I guess. Battler, Virgilia, and Ronove have maybe one or two appearances each, and not for long. Lambda and Featherine barely appear.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:39   Link #16302
LuckySovietStar
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 22
Scary idea-what if THIS inspired Ryu to do Kinzottler?
LuckySovietStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:40   Link #16303
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Yay!

__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:42   Link #16304
Mikachiru
test
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
*looks behind game*

Lol Used Can, you make my day. XD
__________________
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 21:53   Link #16305
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Age: 21
Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Most people have very small roles, however, outside of Leon/Wright/Bern/Claire/Zepar/Furfur/Gaap. And Shannon I guess. Battler, Virgilia, and Ronove have maybe one or two appearances each, and not for long. Lambda and Featherine barely appear.
Ya, Lambda and Featherine were only in the ????. Battler and Virgillia just at the start, Ronove, Suit-Beato, and MARIA in a short little scene. Oh, and Sakutaro too.


In other news, heres a track list...

Le4-octobre - by Xaki
l&d-circulation - by Xaki
Reflection-call - by Xaki
Rain - by ZTS
7-Weights - by Xaki
Fall- by ZTS
bore-ral - by Xaki
Ballade-continuer - by Xaki
Namae no nai uta 2007. Ver - by Sunny, Xaki, Cap, Pyon
Lie-alaia - by Xaki
Far (flat) - by ZTS
Omochi (insert Kanji I can't read here) - by Dai
terminal_entrance - by zts
Another song I can't read - by Dai
s/he-end - Xaki
Namae no nai uta full inst - by Sunny, Xaki, Cap, Pyon
The End of the World Instrumental - by Sunny, Xaki, Cap, Pyon
Golden Nocturne (inst) - Luck Gankri
Goddess-Gardena - Xaki
Ridicule - by zts
(something)Corruption - by -45
The Executioner - by ZTS
Namae no nai uta (vocal) by Sunny, Xaki, Cap, Pyon. Dunno the singer.

LOTS of Xaki and ZTS. In fact, mainly them. Not enough Luck Gankri and Dai.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:12   Link #16306
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Somewhere?
So. Let's approach the million dollar question that's probably been answered.

Is Leon truly a boy? Can you provide a screen shot to prove it?....And a translation of said screen shot?
__________________
Helmet-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:14   Link #16307
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Wright addresses him like he's male, but I'm not certain that he's actually sure. Nor am I certain the episode says specifically.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:19   Link #16308
Shiro Kaisen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
There is a screenshot that was shown with Dine saying he's not sure whether to think of Leon as male or female, and neither is Jessica.
Shiro Kaisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:21   Link #16309
KnightOfTwo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kaisen View Post
There is a screenshot that was shown with Dine saying he's not sure whether to think of Leon as male or female, and neither is Jessica.
That's amusing, his/her own sibling doesn't know what gender he/she is.
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:24   Link #16310
Mikachiru
test
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTwo View Post
That's amusing, his/her own sibling doesn't know what gender he/she is.
lol

Leon = Bridget. Nuff said.
__________________
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:28   Link #16311
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 26
More like Hideyo.... OH GOD
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:30   Link #16312
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
lol

Leon = Bridget. Nuff said.
Well I'm pretty sure young Kinzo's image was sorta based off of speculation of him being like the the counter guardian we know of in Nasu's works. So why not?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:37   Link #16313
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
It is already 5:30AM here, i'm almost dead (couldn't even keep going typing stuff on twitter either).
Anyway, I felt Episode 7 sort of short, but nothing short of awesome though. It is funny that while EPisode 6 was Meta world everywhere, Episode 7 was basically the drastic opposite, even though you had Will and Rion interacting with Bern and Claire here and there.
Speaking of which, Will skyrocketed in the charts of favorite characters, a bit like Dlanor, but even more.

That cannot be said for other characters though (even if it is Bern's little setup, it is kinda hard to see it as a complete fabrication).
"the executioner" is a very good battle scene, a "doom boss" type I would say.

Due to the very late time, I will create the Episode 7 thread once I wake up, otherwise I will really turn into something not "living".
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:38   Link #16314
KnightOfTwo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Well I'm pretty sure young Kinzo's image was sorta based off of speculation of him being like the the counter guardian we know of in Nasu's works. So why not?
LOL how did I not notice the resemblance there. not to mention his partner is a blonde haired blue eyed foreign woman.

so what, is the golden land really Gilgamesh's vault?
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:39   Link #16315
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
I honestly think it - thematically - is what Chiru should have been all along. It would drive a lot of people absolutely insane (white text battles!?), but I think restraint is good. Focus on fewer characters, different perspectives, explore alternatives while still dealing with the primary themes and concepts.

EDIT: Well, the submarine was ridiculous, but I wouldn't put it past Kinzo.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:41   Link #16316
Turtleen
Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario / BC
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
I understand your explanation, but I seriously hate how the rule itself is formulated... Soudns way too snobbish, as if a servant has no story and is nothing.
It's moreso that a servant can't be the culprit because for a while it was always "a frustrated butler kills his employer and steals his money". It became too cliche and simple and so Dine wrote a rule against it.

Quote:
So. Let's approach the million dollar question that's probably been answered.

Is Leon truly a boy? Can you provide a screen shot to prove it?....And a translation of said screen shot?
I don't know where it is, but there's a screenshot of Krauss and Leon and Krauss introduces him as "my son, Leon"


-disclaimer that I do not have a copy yet and am not 100% fluent in Japanese, however can understand the greater part of the episodes/screenshots-
So, a lot of people are saying "this episode looks fake" and "so, they culprit did it just for the gold, that doesn't seem right at all". Think of it like this: this episode is of a kakera Bernkastel found, an alternate kakera just like every other episode has been, the only thing is that it's drastically different in that Leon and Wright exist. EVERY Episode has been 'AU', this one is just more obviously so. This is showing who Bernkastel believes to be the culprit, apparently Kyrie and Rudolf (YES 8D), not necessarily how it was carried out in previous episodes. Bernkastel doesn't see a point to love and emotion existing so in her mind, the culprit just wanted the gold. It would be safe to say that in actuality whether she's correct in the culprit being Kyrie/Rudolf or not, there is a greater reason than just greed. Have a little more faith, just wait and see what happens in 8.

That being said, to support the Kyrie/Rudolf possibility and what their motive could be, think about it a little, Kyrie's said she always wanted Battler to see her as a mother, she'd be pretty pissed off when he decided to run off to live with Asumu's parents. Not to mention her hatred towards Asumu herself. Considering that, she could easily blame the Ushiromiya family for taking Rudolf (and Battler) away from her, even without much reason. In a jealous rage she could land on any 'truth'. Whoever the murderer is, they can't NOT want the gold as well, seeing that Rudolf needs a large sum of money right away she may even kill one or two people just for that, let's not forget her family's pretty well the mob XD even if she doesn't get along with them, that would be how she was raised. Old habits die hard?
That alone wouldn't drive her to massacre the whole family, but add in something like jealousy that the other parents have their perfect families while she does not and that they somehow had something to do with the marriage of Asumu and Rudolf (in her mind), she could very well do it. Particularily in Episode 3, she and Rudolf had QUITE a few opportunities to kill the others. Not only is there motivation, there's opportunity.
I've heard people say she's something of a red herring, but I always saw Eva or Rosa as the red herring, and I'd say Takano was the obvious one of Higurashi, but she was the culprit XD


I'd post my whole theory, but it seems I lost it, my computer was whiped about a week ago and I must have missed it while backing up my files...damn.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:49   Link #16317
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a badly written story.
You'd be lucky if Umineko was Russian. Russian grammar makes it pretty much impossible to speak without declaring your gender at all, and a full form of anyone's name complete with a patronymic contains a gender definition suffix. Either you lie or you say the truth but you've got to pick one, and can't dawdle.

Unfortunately in Japanese lots and lots of names are not gender-locked and the language makes it possible to stay gender-ambiguous essentially forever without raising any suspicions. We may in fact never know if Leon is male or not.
__________________
"The only principle that does not inhibit progress is: anything goes."
— Paul K. Feyerabend, "Against Method: Outline of an Anarchistic Theory of Knowledge"

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:51   Link #16318
Judoh
Mystery buff
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gone Fishin!
@Turtleen: The problem with Kyrie is not that she's obvious (obvious in a mystery novel is a good thing sometimes). Her problem is that she's particularly on bad terms with her family so they're not likely going to cover for her if she screws up. She also doesn't really seem to really hate anyone other than Asumu I don't think she would kill her husband's family because of Battler. She dies early most of the time even in the core arcs, even though her motive really is up to snuff.

Kyrie culprit theory uses a big chunk of the same hints that George does for being the culprit so that's not a problem with me either.

I just want Ryukishi to have a male culprit for once. Is that so wrong? Can't I have hope that the author is not a misogynist?
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:53   Link #16319
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
The mere fact that there would even be another episode after this suggests to me that Bern's little presentation, slick as it was, is not the whole story. So I would be cautious speculating just yet as to the why as I'm not even firmly convinced of the who.
__________________
Redaction of the Golden Witch
I submit that a murder was committed in 1996.
This murder was a "copycat" crime inspired by our tales of 1986.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 22:53   Link #16320
Turtleen
Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario / BC
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
You'd be lucky if Umineko was Russian. Russian grammar makes it pretty much impossible to speak without declaring your gender at all, and a full form of anyone's name complete with a patronymic contains a gender definition suffix. Either you lie or you say the truth but you've got to pick one, and can't dawdle.

Unfortunately in Japanese lots and lots of names are not gender-locked and the language makes it possible to stay gender-ambiguous essentially forever without raising any suspicions. We may in fact never know if Leon is male or not.
Oh, I know, I've wished it was Russian as well XD actually, all anime should be in Russian.

Also, I thought some people may get a kick out of this, why does it take so long to kill George? Well, I was just talking to my Rudolf and he said, "all that fat protects the organs!"

Quote:
The mere fact that there would even be another episode after this suggests to me that Bern's little presentation, slick as it was, is not the whole story. So I would be cautious speculating just yet as to the why as I'm not even firmly convinced of the who.
Oh yes, I know, I'm still saying "whoever it is" and whoever it is obviously doesn't just want the gold.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.