AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 22:03   Link #16981
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

According to George's own narration in an extra TIP, he had Shannon go looking for a hat he had "lost" that didn't even exist. He plays this up as playful and romantic.

He's just a dick.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:07   Link #16982
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Guys I just realized something...

George started dating Shannon... after she became the heir.....

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:09   Link #16983
Disz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

If George did not do anything in this story,then R07's just as much as a dick he is.I mean come on.He has a lot of things going down for him.
Disz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:10   Link #16984
musouka

Quote:
Isn't this terribly suspicious?
He looks serious because he hugged her. Personally, I went back and reread the scene a while back, and it's pretty straightforward, both in what Shannon feels and how George feels.

I can very easily believe that George hid a letter and purposely kept poking at Shannon's heartache with his "Battler's never coming back! " attitude, but if you're looking to the Tea Party to confirm some sort of suspicion that George is an evil mastermind bent on the destruction of his family, you should really look elsewhere.

Quote:

No, he didn't. Shannon isn't interested in the epitaph because things are going well with George. (Or rather, she has nothing on her mind but him.)
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:12   Link #16985
Disz

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
George is an evil mastermind bent on the destruction of his family.
I agree.Someone should serve justice.
Old 2010-09-01, 22:13   Link #16986
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Hey hey hey, I just said he was a dick.

Old 2010-09-01, 22:14   Link #16987
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Technically if George married Shannon then he would become the new family head...
That's how Battler always put it. If the heir is a woman the husband will become the actual family head.

It's really unthinkable... not even George could be such a dick, or maybe not?

Could it be that from the very beginning there was a leak of informations and George somehow became aware of that? Could it be that George always lied to Shannon and his objective has always been to become the new family head?

If I think for a moment that this is the truth, then I can easily imagine why Battler coming back the very year he decided to propose to Shannon really came at the worst possible moment...

Old 2010-09-01, 22:15   Link #16988
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Of course if that were his goal, killing everyone wouldn't make much sense. He just needs to marry her and then he wins.

Old 2010-09-01, 22:18   Link #16989
Disz

Jessica kills them! 'o'
Old 2010-09-01, 22:28   Link #16990
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Technically if George married Shannon then he would become the new family head...
That's how Battler always put it. If the heir is a woman the husband will become the actual family head.

It's really unthinkable... not even George could be such a dick, or maybe not?

Could it be that from the very beginning there was a leak of informations and George somehow became aware of that? Could it be that George always lied to Shannon and his objective has always been to become the new family head?

If I think for a moment that this is the truth, then I can easily imagine why Battler coming back the very year he decided to propose to Shannon really came at the worst possible moment...
He would have to be completely lying to his mom also in episode 6 for this to be true then. And since his reason for not liking his mom is that she wanted him to be the heir for her reasons wihout considering what he thinks then for this to be his motive we have to beleive that if his goal is to be the family head that he would not kill his mom for it. To compromise with his confessions.

Also the headship motive is cheap and stupid and I absolutely hate it. It's essentially the same as saying HE DID IT FOR THE GOLD.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:29   Link #16991
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Well, he didn't kill his mom.

Old 2010-09-01, 22:33   Link #16992
Judoh
Mystery buff

No but the scene shows he isn't capable of killing her for that reason, which is essentially the same to me as saying he wouldn't kill anyone for that reason.

EDIT: Also saying "I would rather refuse if it ever came to that" is a pretty straightforward way of saying I don't want to be the family head. I'd want to have a very good reason for him to lie about that.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:44   Link #16993
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
No but the scene shows he isn't capable of killing her for that reason, which is essentially the same to me as saying he wouldn't kill anyone for that reason.

EDIT: Also saying "I would rather refuse if it ever came to that" is a pretty straightforward way of saying I don't want to be the family head. I'd want to have a very good reason for him to lie about that.
Just another way of telling her "fuck you" before he kills her with his red circle of fattiness.

IN HIS IMAGINATION

In all honesty, George probably thinks more highly of himself than he actually is, and being able to own his mother in a fight while also giving a badass speech falls under that method of self-deception.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:46   Link #16994
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

And yet I can't help but thinking...

After Yasu became the heir suddenly George starts dating Shannon, shortly after Jessica "fall in love" with Kanon, and lastly Rudolf literally prostrates in front of Battler to get him back (after both his grandparents died one after another under never specified circumstances..).

So assuming shkanon is true, we have three cousins that could become the new family head each representing one of the four families.

In Episode1 only the four cousins survive

in Episode4 the cousins are the only ones that have chance to become the new heirs and are tested.

In Episode6 three of them need to win a love trial.

I dunno...

Quote:
lso saying "I would rather refuse if it ever came to that" is a pretty straightforward way of saying I don't want to be the family head. I'd want to have a very good reason for him to lie about that.
Episode4: He says he's quite willing to become the new family head.

Old 2010-09-01, 22:53   Link #16995
UsagiTenpura
Echo of Noise

Send a message via Skype™ to UsagiTenpura
Didn't really have the time to even read theories here lately so I'm rather behind.
Kanon can disguise as Shannon and the other way around being also true is what you guys are calling "double Shkanon" right?

That's like Shion/Mion, except they don't look alike. I guess it wouldn't be too surprising to have reused material + a small variation, but it doesn't seem very satisfying.

Talking about people looking alike tho, there's definitively a "Battler" look in Lyon. Since in all fairness we have no certainty about either Lyon's birth origins nor Battler's, I'm wondering if they could be fake twins or something. It'd be interesting to see what Battler would look like had he not taken those "weird drugs".
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:54   Link #16996
Used Can

Well, George could be in for the gold, in order to start his own empire.

Also, is it me, or does the Ushiromiyas do not really seem to care for each other? I mean, whenever someone dies, the only ones to cry are their immediate family. However, sometimes I get the impression the rest simply do not give a fuck.
Old 2010-09-01, 22:57   Link #16997
TehChron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, he could be in for the gold, in order to start his own empire.

Also, is it me, or does the Ushiromiyas do not really seem to care for each other? I mean, whenever someone dies, the only ones to cry are their immediate family. However, sometimes I get the impression the rest simply do not give a fuck.
Battler tends to cry for all of them.
TehChron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 22:58   Link #16998
UsagiTenpura
Echo of Noise

Send a message via Skype™ to UsagiTenpura
Heh you know I'm thinking about something after reading a bunch of theories.

What if Ryukishi's goal in Umineko was a way to "break every knox and dine without really breaking them"? It sorta sounds like that to me at this point.

Maybe if we simply find out how much we can bend any of the knox and apply it directly to Umineko we'll have the whole picture.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 23:01   Link #16999
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Battler tends to cry for all of them.
Yes, and he's the only one. George only cries for his family and Shannon, and so does Jessica (she also cries for Kanon). Maria never cries (the only time she got angry after her mother was killed was EP6).

Also, I remember Shannon playing around with Gohda, after George had "died" in EP5.
Old 2010-09-01, 23:03   Link #17000
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

They're all basically irredeemable jerks except Battler, unfortunately.