AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2009-07-08, 02:09   Link #41
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Dude filler = story which does't appear in the main storyline. The fact there was a manga chapter like that doesn't make this anime episode canon: in fact that manga chapter was filler itself!
Ugh your understanding of filler and canon is horrid. While both the ep and the manga chapter it is based off is filler in that they have no bearing on the main plot, doesn't significantly alter the dynamic, and just act as padding they are completly canon. They happend that way in both the anime and the manga. And also we can't be sure of it's filler status, who knows in 100 eps something that happend here might end up being importent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Just because something happens out-of-continuity doesn't mean its not canon and according to whom was the chapter considered filler?

I found this episode to be highly enjoyable, a refreshing look back at how the world of Bleach was before things went crazy.
The term out-of-order is better then out-of-continuity as out-of-continuity does imply that it is not part of the set canon. The Amagai arc is out-of-continuity from the main story line and is off on its own canon.

Oh and for who ever neg reped me stateing
Quote:
Manga original=/=canon
Please learn the meaning of canon and to fully read the statement.
A) Canon is That which counts, in terms of continuity. That means if it happens in the continuity.of the offical work it is canon. Exaple event A happens in the offical work. Event B happens in some ones fan fic. Event A is canon and event B is not. An event that happens in an offical work can not help to be canon unles explistly stated otherwise.

This ep is anime canon because it happend in the main stories continuity in the anime.
Most of the events in this ep are manga canon because they happend in the mangas story line in published manga chapters -.8.a and 0 a and b side.

The Amagai arc is not part of the main anime canon because they explistly stated it was an Alternate Universe and therfore has it's own canon that does not effect the main anime canon.

B) I stated it was canon for both the anime and manga
Quote:
They happend that way in both the anime and the manga.
so if your getting on my case for being a manga pureist learn to read.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2009-07-08 at 02:48.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 02:33   Link #42
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The term out-of-order is better then out-of-continuity as out-of-continuity does imply that it is not part of the set canon. The Amagai arc is out-of-continuity from the main story line and is off on its own canon.
Both terms mean the exact same thing which is events in a story that aren't told in sequence. The Amagai arc is no different in this regard from this story because they both happen at a different point in the regular time line. The only difference is that Amagai, as you said, isn't considered manga canon. Besides isn't out-of-order usually used when the stupid vending machine doesn't give me my chips.
Old 2009-07-08, 03:05   Link #43
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm actually surprised at the amount of complaining/whining o_o

I thought the episode was pretty good, though as usual, Keigo's whining gets on my nerves >.>
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 03:09   Link #44
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Both terms mean the exact same thing which is events in a story that aren't told in sequence. The Amagai arc is no different in this regard from this story because they both happen at a different point in the regular time line. The only difference is that Amagai, as you said, isn't considered manga canon. Besides isn't out-of-order usually used when the stupid vending machine doesn't give me my chips.
Out of continuity has conotions that the event is not part of the continuity at all not that the order of events are not liner. In story terms continuity means more then just the order of when events happen. The Amagai arc is officaly an Alternate Continuity that has it's own canon that is not the same as the normal anime's canon.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 03:39   Link #45
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Out of continuity has conotions that the event is not part of the continuity at all not that the order of events are not liner. In story terms continuity means more then just the order of when events happen. The Amagai arc is officaly an Alternate Continuity that has it's own canon that is not the same as the normal anime's canon.
http://www2.austincc.edu/sbramme2/Glossary.htm
out of continuity: out of chronological or linear order

Last edited by saravis; 2009-07-08 at 03:52.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 04:02   Link #46
astrallionheart

Where's that Naruto guy who jumps in all the time during fillers to announce that the Japanese audience are idiots if the continuity confuses them?
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 04:39   Link #47
Aqua Knight

Mizuiro is a lady-killer or it's just his sister in beginning? He must be using pheromones...
Why doesn't Ichigo have a bicycle like all Japanese students? Still, it's an impressive episode better than fillers. And sakura leaves are animated great.

Also it looks like Mizuiro is the main character in this episode if you don't watch all other bleach episodes.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 05:18   Link #48
neshru

Quote:
Dude filler = story which does't appear in the main storyline.
I'd say filler is whatever episode doesn't use manga panels as a source, and is instead written by pierrot's writers. If this stuff appeared in the manga, even out of continuity, then it's canon.

If filler = story which does't appear in the main storyline, then the Kakashi Gaiden in Naruto should be considered filler. But is it really?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 05:23   Link #49
Jerseykid

I see!

10 characters
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 06:20   Link #50
Haak
Forever Alone...

I really liked this episode. I've always though season 1 was the best part of Bleach and I guess this counts as that part.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 06:40   Link #51
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I really liked this episode. I've always though season 1 was the best part of Bleach and I guess this counts as that part.
it was decent but the old school animation really got on my nerves after awhile, the better not use the same style for the beach episode, i want top notch animation for that
also: seasons 2 & 3 were the best
Old 2009-07-08, 06:58   Link #52
Haak
Forever Alone...

Heh. I've always hated the whole damsel in distress and main character exponential growth cliche. In fact I dropped it in the middle of season 2 for a while because it got on my nerves. I wish it stayed as more of a slice of life genre like season 1. Atleast season 3 had a great plot twist. Plus the fight scenes were really good.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 06:59   Link #53
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Skype™ to Crimrui
Decent episode, kinda like having a little break while remembering the old days. I was a bit surprised with all the hate around, but you can't please everyone. Some people just want fight fight fight....

Next week will be amazing, beach episode with ladies showing a bit of skin. Shame Hisagi won' t appear in it but at least Renji and Ikkaku will, from what I saw in the preview though.

Yuroichi and Matsumoto in swimsuits? Very nice =)
Old 2009-07-08, 07:17   Link #54
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I thought the episode was pretty good, though as usual, Keigo's whining gets on my nerves >.>
Yeah... it was a bit excessive this time around too. I think it just came down to killing time so they had him whine even more.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 07:47   Link #55
kitten320

Quote:
Wonderful I downloaded the raw all excited because I was looking forward the Ulquiorra vs Ichigo fight and its development (who reads the manga will understand at once what I'm referring to). But noooo, I had to see some random hentaish crap about Matsumoto and how big her boobs are!
Next episode will be bullshit again, it will be about what a nice loli Rukia is!
Too bad I can't vote about this episode, otherwise I would give it -∞!!!
Man... couldn't you tell what would be in this episode from the preview? 0_o
I really don't get your anger here.

And Ulquiorra/Ichigo fight wasn't that great anyway so I really don't care when they will animate it.
Old 2009-07-08, 07:56   Link #56
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Man... couldn't you tell what would be in this episode from the preview? 0_o
I really don't get your anger here.
seriously, there was an announcement in the previous episode
Quote:
Ulquiorra/Ichigo fight wasn't that great anyway so I really don't care when they will animate it.
it was alright, but this isn't a manga thread so i can't say anymore
Old 2009-07-08, 07:58   Link #57
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
it was alright, but this isn't a manga thread so i can't say anymore
Yeh, we will have to wait until we will be able to express ourselves
I liked it only till one specific moment...
Old 2009-07-08, 08:01   Link #58
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
I liked it only till one specific moment...
the beginning? or the part where
Spoiler for serious spoiler:
Old 2009-07-08, 08:02   Link #59
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
the beginning? or the part where
Spoiler for serious spoiler:
I'm sure you know about what part I'm talking about
Old 2009-07-08, 08:08   Link #60
Gin
*Artist