AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 14.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 7.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.16%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 195 50.65%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-09, 15:45   Link #281
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Cause this is the 3rd episode that Kyon has discovered it and he still hasn't done a thing XD...

If the loop is not finished... I'll beat him up in my fanfic.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:45   Link #282
Ithekro
Warning

Actually that would be funny. If on the DVD set there was only the last episode of Endless Eight. Then they'd have the rest of the Endless Eight episodes on a special DVD. Not that that would effect the season's slotted time of 28 episodes, but it might make for more DVD sales later. Also would open a path for a Fall or Winter set of episodes...the Extras so to speak...like they've been doing for Clannad and K-On. Or they could be going the Munto route...episodes then a movie to end the season. We'll know...eventually.

Of course now that we are way past 15,498, one wonders what that new "special" number will be. The ending loop number.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:46   Link #283
Solachinx
is a myth

Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
So, this is the most hated episode?
Old 2009-07-09, 15:47   Link #284
CrowKenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Of course now that we are way past 15,498, one wonders what that new "special" number will be. The ending loop number.
The same number because Yuki was lying to help with the intense boredom...

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:47   Link #285
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol it's not that...

I'd say that we like Endless Eight 1 and 2 (2 being the time that Kyon discovered it)

3, 4 and 5 is going too far XD

P.S. Yuki must kiss Kyon XD

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Old 2009-07-09, 15:51   Link #286
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Actually that would be funny. If on the DVD set there was only the last episode of Endless Eight. Then they'd have the rest of the Endless Eight episodes on a special DVD. Not that that would effect the season's slotted time of 28 episodes, but it might make for more DVD sales later. Also would open a path for a Fall or Winter set of episodes...the Extras so to speak...like they've been doing for Clannad and K-On. Or they could be going the Munto route...episodes then a movie to end the season. We'll know...eventually.

Or maybe each DVD would be like a gashapon toy. Each one of them are randomized and you get a different episode of Endless Eight, then you would need to trade with you friends or keep buying them to get the complete set.

They can also leave collectables inside each DVD, such as the three female leads in their various Bikini/Yukata/whatever postcards. They can also leave hints in these DVDs that would lead to a season 3.

Old 2009-07-09, 15:52   Link #287
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I just find it funny that people continue to refer to it all as "trolling" when it's obviously something else.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:53   Link #288
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I just find it funny that people continue to refer to it all as "trolling" when it's obviously something else.
What is it then? There's absolutely no other reason they can be doing this, unless my "...oh" idea is correct.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:53   Link #289
Solachinx
is a myth

Send a message via Skype™ to Solachinx
Quote:
Stupidity?
Old 2009-07-09, 15:54   Link #290
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
See. If they're abusing the loops like this, they need to do something like the last two episodes of Eva.

Sigh...
Let's be frank, if they do that, they'd be accused of being the copycats of Gainax and Anno; resulting in the collective ire of otakus.

To give an image of this ire, if what we are seeing right here is the eruption of St Helen, the rage of otakus from seeing KyoAni copying Gainax and Anno would be something like the Toba Supereruption. Back in the day, it worked for Gainax and Anno because it was never done before. Now everyone have seen at least something that is weirder and better. So it won't just work for KyoAni.

My bottomline, let Gainax be Gainax and KyoAni be KyoAni.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:54   Link #291
mokuseimaru

I'm not mad at KyoAni anymore. I'm just perplexed that there are people who claim this was a good idea, risky and bold. For those of you in this camp, I have a story to tell.

Once upon a time there was a King who wanted to dress himself in the finest clothes in the world. Now, there was a certain unscrupulous man who heard of the King's desire, and thought of a way to make a great deal of gold from it. The man went to the king and told him he would make him the most beautiful suit in the world with a special thread that only he had---and indeed, clothes made from this thread, he claimed, were so beautiful that only intelligent people with refined tastes would even be able to see them. The man produced what he said was a set of these clothes, but the King saw nothing: but not wanting to appear unintelligent and unrefined, he admired the beauty of the clothes he could not see and paid the man a great sum of gold. The man immediately left the kingdom and was never seen again.

The next day, the King had a parade to show off his new clothes. Everyone was told of their special property: that only intelligent people with good taste could see them. So when they saw the King walking naked through the streets, they said nothing, not wanting to appear unintelligent and unrefined. However, one child yelled out so all could hear, "He's just naked!" Soon enough, almost everyone realized that the King really was naked and that he and everyone but the child had been tricked by the unscrupulous man.

However, the King, still refusing to believe that he had been tricked, continued to wear his "new clothes" in public for quite a while. At first they found it funny: but soon people started grumbling about it, wondering when the King would finally come to his senses. Some simply left the kingdom, tired of seeing him naked. Still, there were some who, because of their loyalty to the king, refused to admit that he was simply naked, maintaining that he was in fact wearing the most beautiful set of clothing they had ever seen, and praising his boldness for continuing to wear them.

How the story ends is unknown.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:54   Link #292
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Huh, what happened? 79 painful votes. I'm mortified......
I'm rather amazed with the now 5 perfect votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
I would've gone with sexier, and sexier. Give those Yuki/Mikuru/Haruhi shippers something to pee themselves happy with.
I think it is no accident that E8 has a swimming pool scene

But none-the-less not even a hot yuri trio with the heroines can be found interesting after watching it every week for one month
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:55   Link #293
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
~Snip~
That's using a lot to say a little.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:56   Link #294
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Actually that would be funny. If on the DVD set there was only the last episode of Endless Eight. Then they'd have the rest of the Endless Eight episodes on a special DVD.
I thought about this earlier today as well. It would make sense to me if they did put only the last iteration on the main DVD and sell that as "Endless Eight", and then perhaps in the Limited Edition have a special bonus DVD with the other permutations. The explanation would be "this is the only month of August that occurred in this time continuum" or some such. Because, if you think about it, from everyone except Yuki's point of view, all of the prior iterations never occurred (they just feel like it did). That would also settle the "how do we sell this?" question, and I think most remaining fans could support it if it was just one DVD release.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:57   Link #295
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Heh, I liked this episode a lot more then the last one, the animation was certainly better, and Haruhi's side-ponytail thing pleased me, but I agree, it is getting tiresome, though I don't feel any anger over it.

I do find it highly amusing that Kyoani actually let this happened (or is doing it on purpose), but if they do indeed plan to continue this till the end of summer, they better make the animation at least the quality of this episode, and not the last one.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:57   Link #296
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol who's gonna make an internet meme of Endless Eight?

*looks for raised hands*

Old 2009-07-09, 15:59   Link #297
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
I'm not mad at KyoAni anymore. I'm just perplexed that there are people who claim this is was a good idea, risky and bold.
I'm more perplexed as to why people care so much that they've spent the past 15 pages bitching about this. Complaining isn't going to change anything. E8 will end when KyoAni very damn well intends for it to end, all we can do is either sit back and enjoy the ride or stop watching until the story moves on to something else.

tl;dr - Dr StrangeKyon, or How I Learned to Quit Worrying and Love the E8.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:59   Link #298
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
My bottomline, let Gainax be Gainax and KyoAni be KyoAni.
I'm just saying, it would be a hell of a lot more interesting than what they've done so far.

And letting KyoAni be KyoAni seems to result in a lot of FUWA FUWA TAIMU

Quote:
*snip*
I. Uh.

Wow. That's perfect. You win.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:59   Link #299
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
What is it then? There's absolutely no other reason they can be doing this, unless my "...oh" idea is correct.
Simple lack of effort and budgeting. You can look at it in many ways, but here are just a couple. Here we have a way to prolong the anime franchise by putting off other stories for a 3rd or possibly 4th season, and that means more potential to make money later on. Long term thinking. Or you can use the stories nature as a way to save money on script writing by using the same one for multiple episodes in a row. Short term thinking.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:59   Link #300
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
I'm not mad at KyoAni anymore. I'm just perplexed that there are people who claim this was a good idea, risky and bold. For those of you in this camp, I have a story to tell.

Once upon a time there was a King who wanted to dress himself in the finest clothes in the world. Now, there was a certain unscrupulous man who heard of the King's desire, and thought of a way to make a great deal of gold from it. The man went to the king and told him he would make him the most beautiful suit in the world with a special thread that only he had---and indeed, clothes made from this thread, he claimed, were so beautiful that only intelligent people with refined tastes would even be able to see them. The man produced what he said was a set of these clothes, but the King saw nothing: but not wanting to appear unintelligent and unrefined, he admired the beauty of the clothes he could not see and paid the man a great sum of gold. The man immediately left the kingdom and was never seen again.

The next day, the King had a parade to show off his new clothes. Everyone was told of their special property: that only intelligent people with good taste could see them. So when they saw the King walking naked through the streets, they said nothing, not wanting to appear unintelligent and unrefined. However, one child yelled out so all could hear, "He's just naked!" Soon enough, almost everyone realized that the King really was naked and that he and everyone but the child had been tricked by the unscrupulous man.

However, the King, still refusing to believe that he had been tricked, continued to wear his "new clothes" in public for quite a while. At first they found it funny: but soon people started grumbling about it, wondering when the King would finally come to his senses. Some simply left the kingdom, tired of seeing him naked. Still, there were some who, because of their loyalty to the king, refused to admit that he was simply naked, maintaining that he was in fact wearing the most beautiful set of clothing they had ever seen, and praising his boldness for continuing to wear them.

How the story ends is unknown.
Except that this king is none other than Suzumiya Haruhi.

Naked.