AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 14.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.49%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 7.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.16%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 195 50.65%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-10, 01:48   Link #461
aorta

Almost like we've never done this before. Does it even matter?

I loved Mikuru's shirt in the park scene.

I hope someone makes a MAD that had all the different scenes smashed together for one giant episode.
Old 2009-07-10, 01:51   Link #462
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
I too am amazed at the response of the Haruhists especially that even though the vast majority gave it a 1/10 (at this moment it's 82/125 for two thirds) very few are going totally ballistic on this.

Truly amazing.
Because rather than a "OMG, WHY THE #@%! did they do that" reaction, people probably feel more a genuine disappointment with the show. It's because everyone knows, who watches and enjoys this anime, that it is great show. People just want to see new material and this is especially so considering the fact that most die hard fans of this material have been waiting for 2 years+ for the anime adaption to come back (Novels too, but that seems to have fallen into a black hole with no news yet to come).

Each time they decide to animate another Endless Night episode, the less episodes of actual new material there are... And this is disappointing to say the least.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 01:56   Link #463
allengator

I know most people have their patience running low if not already out, but you have to admit something. This arc, while trollerific, is getting people talking on forums quite a bit, even if its to express their rage. I'm getting a little miffed, but I'm not exactly raging just yet. I found other animes to occupy my time with, and Haruhi is more or less an afterthought.

Plus, let's fess up. How many of us will honestly still watch next week's episode just to see if it ends?

Nice plane!
allengator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:02   Link #464
kniteowl

My reactions to the last 4 Eps of E8

I) SWEET
II) SHOCK
II) ANNOYED
IV) HILARIOUS
V) STOPPED CARING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post

Somebody call me when they start Disappearance
(or maybe Sighs' best scene, if it looks like they won't get to the former). I won't be watching any Haruhi until then.
December 18th man :P lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru
How would you feel about Disappearance being made into a movie? Would be cool imo. (No, I'm not making theories here, I honestly believe they'll only churn out shit at this point)
& I know the perefect release date December 18th :P lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro
Actually that would be funny. If on the DVD set there was only the last episode of Endless Eight. Then they'd have the rest of the Endless Eight episodes on a special DVD. Not that that would effect the season's slotted time of 28 episodes, but it might make for more DVD sales later. Also would open a path for a Fall or Winter set of episodes...the Extras so to speak...like they've been doing for Clannad and K-On. Or they could be going the Munto route...episodes then a movie to end the season. We'll know...eventually.

Of course now that we are way past 15,498, one wonders what that new "special" number will be. The ending loop number.
and this is my guess for the final iteration of E8 181209 or 181210.
Just read this post again to understand why I pick those two numbers.

It's all about Symbolism,

Why re-air Haruhi 3 years from season?

Why make Presumably 8 episodes of E8?

Symbolism guys, it seems to be the underlying theme.
kniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:03   Link #465
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

They keep showing the clouds and that plane. Both were even on Mikuru's shirt when Kyon arrived in the square at night. Obviously Haruhi wants to go skydiving. :P

If that's not it, I think Kyon has to "embrace Haruhi from behind and tell here I love you."
Mr Bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:05   Link #466
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

You know, I wonder what this forum would say and write if the show wouldn't be done by "can't do anything wrong" KyoAni, but by another studio, let's say GONZO. It never ceases to amaze me how hardcore worshippers will simply let their idols p*ss into their faces and ask for more.

Still, I believe that KyouAni/Kadokawa is taking a huge gamble here. Producing the episodes will be as costly for them as any other "new" episode would be, and a big part of the less-zealous fans are less than impressed. Me included.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:09   Link #467
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You know, I wonder what this forum would say and write if the show wouldn't be done by "can't do anything wrong" KyoAni, but by another studio, let's say GONZO. It never ceases to amaze me how hardcore worshippers will simply let their idols p*ss into their faces and ask for more.
You must be missing the posts in here discussing how KyoAni is no longer the 'can't do anything wrong' studio by virtue of this gambit.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:14   Link #468
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Honestly, I think this is all priceless I love the raging reactions that KyoAni is pulling right now and I seriously have faith in them. I truly believe that everyone is giving up way too early because this is just epic.

I'm not even going to look up how many episodes this season is "supposed" to be because I bet you that it's not even accurate. Don't even try to check what the next episode is and just enjoy this because everyone will be laughing about this once they end the loop

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:14   Link #469
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
You must be missing the posts in here discussing how KyoAni is no longer the 'can't do anything wrong' studio by virtue of this gambit.
For some people. But not for the zealots. It's THEM who amaze me the most.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:18   Link #470
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allengator View Post
Plus, let's fess up. How many of us will honestly still watch next week's episode just to see if it ends?
I'll be taking the same route for next episode that I did for this episode and spoil myself before decide if it's worthy of me spending the time to watch it. If it actually ends next episode I'll painstakingly struggle through (ok maybe not...scratch that...I will skip) what I already know...just to see it to it's end
Karlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:23   Link #471
Charred Knight

Quote:
Here's the thing while a lot of people are pissed that the series is just repeating itself, you keep coming back for more. For an episode where literally nothing happens their are 24 pages so far.

Kadokawa has you guys pegged, they could air an entire episode of Haruhi taking a dump on Mikuru and half of you would applaud the wonderful symbolism, while the other half would still watch the next episode.

Even if Endless Eight took up the rest of the season if they announced a new season after that you would still watch

Even if the entire season is nothing but 14 more episodes of Endless Eight.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:26   Link #472
Jintor

Don't say 'you'. Because you'll be watching next week, too.

And you know it.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:27   Link #473
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Faith can do wonderful things.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:27   Link #474
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Damn, 20+ pages... Will read later. I'd possibly want to say much but I haven't reviewed the thing yet, just finished watching. I'd possibly want to just copy-pasta my replies in the episode 4 thread in a stroke of artistic genius (lulz) but I will actually try instead to give something different but equally meaningful, unlike Kyoani. It's been said a number of times, but let it be once again.

Spoiler for For space issue. One just can't cut it.:

EDIT: Alternate syntax felt better.
npal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:29   Link #475
Zarifus

lol, This is painful, yet seriously hilarious at the same time. I've watched every episode of the loop from start to finish. Its kind of like playing those picture games from years back "spot-the-differences", and as someone already mentioned, I do get that feeling that "this time feels a little faster!". Its so bad... that its good.
The funniest part though, is reading all the responses on the forums XD. It takes real guts for them to try and pull something like this. Although this is needlessly dragging the series out, I don't see the rush to get to new material. Given the popularity of the series, its pretty much guarenteed that everything will be animated at some point in time.
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:37   Link #476
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Faith can do wonderful things.
FAITH IS PUREST WHEN UNQUESTIONING.

As I stated before, Warhammer 40k is a goldmine for quotes for situations like this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
You know, I wonder what this forum would say and write if the show wouldn't be done by "can't do anything wrong" KyoAni, but by another studio, let's say GONZO.
How about casual viewers like myself who never have expectations? I'm not raging, but I am questioning the logic that Kadokawa follows to even go through something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrnea View Post
I agree with what someone else (I forget who) has said. The next episode needs to involve someone (preferably Nagato, although Mikuru would be hilarious) going insane and killing everyone, and it STILL not ending the loop.
Ithekro, Kaisos Erranon, and myself have suggested as such over the past last two episodes. For added hilarity, make it so one loop occurs where everyone is in their opposite gender...
Old 2009-07-10, 02:39   Link #477
Arrnea
Stormbringer

At least this episode had a couple more differences than the previous two had.
For example, Mikuru's -classified information- speech is gone and Kyon pre-empts Haruhi's request for him to bring his bike.
Kyon 'narrating' Haruhi's oft-predicted line was quite amusing as well.
I was genuinely surprised when Nagato said 15,513 but in hindsight, I guess I shouldn't have been.

I agree with what someone else (I forget who) has said. The next episode needs to involve someone (preferably Nagato, although Mikuru would be hilarious) going insane and killing everyone, and it STILL not ending the loop.
Then they can do everything by the canon of the light novels (with the exception of the loop number, or maybe they'll have that right too just to fuck with our heads) in the final episode, and exit the loop that way.
Old 2009-07-10, 02:40   Link #478
Charred Knight

Quote:
Don't say 'you'. Because you'll be watching next week, too.

And you know it.
I have watched a whopping total of 2 Haruhi episodes (not counting Haruhi-Chan, and that other online show which I watched quite a few episodes).

I never watched anymore because I saw how obsessed the fanbase was, and frankly it scared me. It was like some pagan ritual from the bronze age, I kept on waiting for someone to do a human sacrifice using a Wicker Man.

Frankly I could care less about this franchise, I just wish that instead of complaning you would watch something else. I mean their are plenty of good series out their and if Kadokawa doesn't respect you than I see no reason why anyone would watch this show. I mean it's not art, it's just flat out insulting the fans. I mean I know I have made fun of fans, and I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy this, but no fan deserves what Kadokawa has put you guys through.

This makes Metal Gear Solid 2, and End of Evangelion look like a love letter to fans. Ay least Kojima created good gameplay, and Gainax made an interesting movie. This is nothing but Kadokawa mocking you and then laughing at it while the money rolls in.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:42   Link #479
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

I watched this week's episode because I was interested to see what would happen. I enjoyed this week's episode because of the atmosphere, the animation, and the storytelling. I didn't know what Kyoto Animation was going to do with this episode, and I don't know what they're going to do in the future.

If you (that's any of you out there complaining) decide to stop watching Haruhi, that's your prerogative. If you decide to keep watching, that's your prerogative too. I don't care either way. There's absolutely no point in getting bent out of shape over what other people do. So what if KyoAni and Haruhi have die-hard fans?

This thread, just like the last one, is taking its obligatory vitriolic turn during which posters criticize each other's viewership. I guess we're going to do this once for each Endless Eight episode. For that reason alone I hope they finish this soon.
Ikonomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 02:43   Link #480
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Yeah the "So what if we see 8 episodes of this, Yuki's been through it 15,000 times" group is fingg lolz.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote