AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-12, 12:20   Link #1
Xx_Metallica_xX

Dark mystery mind *bip*ing animes

Hi! I wanted to ask for an anime that look like death note! Mystery anime that *Bip* with your mind :P id like it to have the same animation type as death note or something really close. I like how the character hide his true identity to everyone and all these things (Kinda like Code geass which i allready watched and that i loved) I want it to have good animation as well i dont care if its gore or anything like that , in fact i would like this ^^ Present time or close too please! Now unleash your suggestions! Thanks!
Old 2009-07-12, 15:21   Link #2
Haak
F**k my life...

I suggest Texhnolyze. It's almost impossible figuring out what happened in the end. Thinking about it too hard hurts your head.
Old 2009-07-12, 18:14   Link #3
Xx_Metallica_xX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I suggest Texhnolyze. It's almost impossible figuring out what happened in the end. Thinking about it too hard hurts your head.
Thats exaclty what i want : My head to hurt and think about all the things that could happen! thanks :P But i cant find it in streaming lol (i speak french so i watch it in Vostfr)

Last edited by Xx_Metallica_xX; 2009-07-13 at 11:13.
Old 2009-07-12, 20:32   Link #4
Echoes

If Texhnolyze is to your liking, I got a few suggestions that you might also enjoy.

Boogiepop Phantom. Don't let the silly-sounding name throw you off; this anime is dark, mysterious and unlike anything else I've really seen. Enjoyable on so many levels, it encourages paying close attention to details and using your brain throughout the viewing. The animation might be a bit dated (though quite good for its time), considering you specifically asked for quality, feel free to ignore this suggestion if that is a must.

Paranoia Agent. This show definitely messes with your mind, and does a fantastic job at it. The animation is better here, and it has psychotic rollerskating children killing people with rectangular bats, if that intrigues you.

(Obligatory mention for the classic of the genre: Serial Experiments Lain, but you won't enjoy it if you're looking for state of the art animation.)
Old 2009-07-13, 08:50   Link #5
Cipher

check out my threads! http://http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83400
http://http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83455..hope it helps!
Old 2009-07-13, 11:08   Link #6
Xx_Metallica_xX

Thanks! Id like more suggestion plz
Old 2009-07-13, 11:26   Link #7
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

Mouryou no Hako fits your description pretty well. The animation is beautitiful, the story is dark and confusing. Still waiting for the last few episodes to be subbed so I can (hopefully) get some answers. XD

Monster is a must mention in any list of this sort.

Just can't seem to stop watching Higurashi, you should too.

Second the recommendation for Boogiepop Phantom.
Old 2009-07-13, 13:40   Link #8
Haak
F**k my life...

I've been recommended by my friend to follow Umineko, this summer. It's based on a Visual Novel he's played and he's promised me there's a good mindfuck later on. (btw, you don't have to worry about swearing so long as it's not excessive )
Old 2009-07-13, 14:53   Link #9
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I would second Paranoia Agent, because that's one that messes with the mind and definitely has superior animation quality. We're talking about one of the real auteurs of anime in Satoshi Kon, and the series really reflects his odd genius and unique visual style.
Old 2009-07-13, 17:34   Link #10
Xx_Metallica_xX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelation View Post
Mouryou no Hako fits your description pretty well. The animation is beautitiful, the story is dark and confusing. Still waiting for the last few episodes to be subbed so I can (hopefully) get some answers. XD

Monster is a must mention in any list of this sort.

Just can't seem to stop watching Higurashi, you should too.

Second the recommendation for Boogiepop Phantom.
Lol i forgot to say that i allready watched higurashi
Old 2009-07-13, 17:36   Link #11
Xx_Metallica_xX

Thanks! Ill try all of these More suggestion are always welcome!
Closed Thread