AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 18:11   Link #661
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Same as Zaka I guess, magically bails out while Welkin can't. Although if it's armor car and you have squad mate in it when it dies, it counts as automatic KO and the person is sent the to the Hospital and need to wait for couple days to recover. That's the same as if you did not rescue down squad mate in time. I am not sure but it seems they have taken out the permanent death from VC2, I don't understand enough to know for sure, though.

If you like heavy armor, then I guess you've seemed the video where you can customize your tank into heavy tanks right? I think you can even add parts to increase HP as well, back armor of sorts.
Academy health benefits are top notch.
Old 2010-01-27, 03:29   Link #662
cloner4000

in term of Personalities, I can't understand too much Japanese so I don't get most of the events except the really basic ones..You unlock events by using the character during battle the event will progress until the last one where you fight in a battle and unlocking the potentials. Seems like you have one for every character so that's at least 30+ character battles to complete.

In terms of personalities, some character definitely surprises me, but the events are usually quite detailed and sometime you do talk about the background such as why the character would join the Academy, what they want to be..etc. Or personal conflicts or their rather strange hobby or personalities.

Spoiler for plots Edy:

Looks like there is different type of tanks within each category, I just unlock LightTank B and Utility ArmorCar. They are usually better than their older counterpart or fills a different role. LightTankB spends only 1 CP while being comparable or slightly better than LightTankA while the Utility Armor Car have 3 times the space of armor car to put on accessory but with even weaker armor.

Am I answering the questions?

The gameplay is also slightly different from VC1, if you character is in camp you can retreat without needing CP and you can retreat anyone from anywhere on the map by spending one CP and even downed soldiers with two CP. Also when you call a soldier, it's instantaneous and doesn't take a turn like before.

I think it's to offset the fact that you can only have max 6 (including the tank) on the map at a time, so they need to change the gameplay a bit.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 09:57   Link #663
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

speaking of which, basing on what i saw earlier, seems they've sped up the game pace a bit. it looks more real time with less pauses, i approve

hmm logistics changes look like they grant more freedom/make things easier, and vehicles have been done more indepth
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 01:37   Link #664
cloner4000

Ha, I just found out in the game that the Drill Instructor go to Lanseal because he found a suitable instructor at Fort Amatran that is even more harsh then him.

Spoiler for VC1:
Old 2010-01-28, 01:45   Link #665
Snowman24

Uh oh...that can't be good, she's not called Sadistic Jane for nothing...Rodriguez is gonna look like a teddy bear compared to her I'll bet.

Though I am curious to see how she looks now, compared to the 1st game, any different or still the same??
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 02:59   Link #666
cloner4000

So far, no clue yet, I am still pretty early in the game though. and Fort Amatran is actually the military training camp for militia in the capital, sorry I didn't make it clear. I did saw Edy though, her voice is deeper than her counterpart from VC1..even though it's still the same voice actor.

Avan did make a point that he's not going to join the militia because he couldn't think he can take someone harder the drill instructor.

btw, Welkins the one teaching you order now...
Old 2010-01-28, 10:38   Link #667
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
1st Week Sales
1.New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii, Nintendo) - 115,700 [3,118,400]
2.Senjo no Varukyuria 2: Gallia Ourisshikan Gakko [Valkyria Chronicles 2] (PSP, Sega) - 101,200
3.Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces (PSP, Namco Bandai) - 76,500
Not bad.
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 12:37   Link #668
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
btw, Welkins the one teaching you order now...
Heh. It's come full circle now. Does that mean a VC2 character will teach them in VC3, and so on until the franchise ends?

Also, numbers. VC2 was only outsold by NSMBWii. Nice.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 16:30   Link #669
Seqi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
1st Week Sales
1.New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii, Nintendo) - 115,700 [3,118,400]
2.Senjo no Varukyuria 2: Gallia Ourisshikan Gakko [Valkyria Chronicles 2] (PSP, Sega) - 101,200
3.Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Battle of Aces (PSP, Namco Bandai) - 76,500
Not bad.
Not bad, but not impressive. Let's hope the sales keep up.
Seqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:18   Link #670
Cyblaster
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seqi View Post
Not bad, but not impressive. Let's hope the sales keep up.
VC1 had pretty long legs. It had around 80k in its first week and eventually got 'best hits' version, so this should be a good sign for VC2.
Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:58   Link #671
cloner4000

Looks like they mention another character Elysse,this time, Cordelia was surveying the town and wants to buy Cinnamon bread for Elysse, but the guard is just brushed away saying that there is no need to bring gift for the Royal Guard, so I am pretty sure they are referring to her.

Also it seems that unlike the VC1 where some character's unlockable potential are bad..Susie's humanitarianism and Mica's Jam Jixed.. when you unlock their potentials, it usually change from a negative potential into a good potential, so I guess it give more incentives to use the character instead of not using it in the end.
Old 2010-01-30, 21:03   Link #672
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Looks like they mention another character Elysse,this time, Cordelia was surveying the town and wants to buy Cinnamon bread for Elysse, but the guard is just brushed away saying that there is no need to bring gift for the Royal Guard, so I am pretty sure they are referring to her.
Nice to see that we are getting cameo appearances of the VC1 characters. For instance, the Drill Sargent's reference to Jane, and the fact you learn orders from Welkin. What else is there, might i ask.

Quote:
Also it seems that unlike the VC1 where some character's unlockable potential are bad..Susie's humanitarianism and Mica's Jam Jixed.. when you unlock their potentials, it usually change from a negative potential into a good potential, so I guess it give more incentives to use the character instead of not using it in the end.
It certainly is - I suppose you could look at it as people overcoming their fears - or something along those lines.
Old 2010-01-31, 10:38   Link #673
Runty

There's another character I've been looking at in VC2 which has made me curious. One of the Armored soldiers, Alexis. I found a video featuring her, but you know me; I can't understand it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p77Tj8flfWA

Could anyone provide a translation or at least a general gist of what's going on?
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 17:07   Link #674
cloner4000

Well, more character are popping up, could be that I just didn't really look at it close enough and miss a few.

Oscar Bielert was at one of the city that the Rebels attack, he was part of the town's defense patrol and send a letter to the Class G thanking them for helping to defend the town.

Also Edy had an unexpected drop in to visit welkin and Alicia.

As for the Video, this is probably the last scene for the character. I didn't go that far yet so I am not sure exactly what the conflict is. But seems like Alexis was posing as a guy before in front of everyone and probably Avan found out and some conflict ensued. But after this battle, Avan apologies saying that it doesn't matter weather Alexis is a guy or a girl.

Alexis goes on to explain that her father is a royal guard and had raise her like a boy since she's small. And so more explanation but I don't quite know that it is. In the end Avan say they should train together more and Alexis thanks him.

At least that's what I got from it, although I think I have missed some rather important dialogue and it still doesn't quite make sense to me.
Old 2010-01-31, 19:31   Link #675
Runty

Quote:
Well, more character are popping up, could be that I just didn't really look at it close enough and miss a few.

Oscar Bielert was at one of the city that the Rebels attack, he was part of the town's defense patrol and send a letter to the Class G thanking them for helping to defend the town.

Also Edy had an unexpected drop in to visit welkin and Alicia.

As for the Video, this is probably the last scene for the character. I didn't go that far yet so I am not sure exactly what the conflict is. But seems like Alexis was posing as a guy before in front of everyone and probably Avan found out and some conflict ensued. But after this battle, Avan apologies saying that it doesn't matter weather Alexis is a guy or a girl.

Alexis goes on to explain that her father is a royal guard and had raise her like a boy since she's small. And so more explanation but I don't quite know that it is. In the end Avan say they should train together more and Alexis thanks him.

At least that's what I got from it, although I think I have missed some rather important dialogue and it still doesn't quite make sense to me.
Are you sure it's the last scene? Don't the last scenes for characters have artwork stills involved?

Anyway, that confirms a few things I read about Alexis' background, though it enlightens the reasoning as well. I was told, however, that her character moments were supposed to contain more comedy...
Old 2010-01-31, 19:49   Link #676
DC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Are you sure it's the last scene? Don't the last scenes for characters have artwork stills involved?

Anyway, that confirms a few things I read about Alexis' background, though it enlightens the reasoning as well. I was told, however, that her character moments were supposed to contain more comedy...
I could see that type of situation having many opportunities for comedy. It's likely that your video is just of a serious scene - not all of her story can be funny, or else she'd just be a token joke character. Funny has to be supplemented by some degree of seriousness.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 21:20   Link #677
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
I could see that type of situation having many opportunities for comedy. It's likely that your video is just of a serious scene - not all of her story can be funny, or else she'd just be a token joke character. Funny has to be supplemented by some degree of seriousness.
True - while I personally am waiting until VC2 is out on this side of the IDL for plot based stuff, we can't have something that revolves entirely around comedy.
Old 2010-02-01, 01:11   Link #678
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post

You are right, there is a artwork at the final event, so then you are correct that this is not the last scene.. I haven't use Alexis that often so I hadn't got to her story yet.

There is 4 scenes for each character, and you can see the events again from Avan's room as well as all the other story and daily events, like in VC1

I think the story has some serious story plot to it, but probably not posted much. There is the scene where Cosette froze from seeing a town's destruction, as well as the beginning where the Rebellion are actively hunting down the Darcean villages.

As for the character events, some are pretty funny, and other are heartwarming, and usually give more detail on why each character decides to fight, join the academy or just some random fact about the character.

There is even some romantic talk flying around between the other classmates and they actually refers to specific character from your class rather than ambiguous person in general. So I thought that's pretty cool.

There is a lot of missions but most of it is variation of the maps you've play before with different set-ups. There is literally an ACE for every map there is, which can be a bit annoying trying to track them all down sometimes, but I think some gives the same reward so it might not be the end of the world if you miss a few.

The class are quite rebalanced, the scout are probably the weakest classes, even support class's gun are stronger than scout's rifle. And I even had times where I have to spend 2 CP to kill a lancer while aiming at the head because it take 7 shots to kill and I can only fire 5 shots. It's without any cover what so ever.

Since the map is small and you can retreat anyone with one CP anywhere on the map, other class become very useful and can cover some much needed ground and redeploy faster unlike before in VC1.
Old 2010-02-02, 07:42   Link #679
Runty

You guys will think this one is funny. It's another Alexis video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSH__KjZ_k

Spoiler for Avan's lucky:
Old 2010-02-03, 13:00   Link #680
Runty

Double-post, I know, but I found a video of Edy's guest star appearance in VC2. And she's still tone-deaf as ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lukK0b7NaZY

Spoiler for Owwwww.....:
Can someone translate it?