AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2004-02-28, 21:07   Link #41
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
my parents never gave me pocket money and my father comes from a culture where children start working at a very young age, he actually refused to pay for my education when I was younger and wouldn't contribute to anything for me such as clothing( getting a new pair of sneakers was like christmas to me lol) my mom has pretty much lost her mind after years of getting tired of bothering. And on top of it all I was never allowed to go outside as a kid or watch television so I spent most times reading( I had to hide my books that I got from the library cause my father wouldn't let me read anything that wasn't religious he's a religious nut like my mom and grandma but the worst of the bunch). I mean I hate to bitch but some kids really suffered, I mean I bet most people didn't have to fight with their father over studying from a text book because it discussed evolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
No, I don't hate my parents. I'm happy and very grateful I have such great parents. Here are my reasons:

-My parents are loving, plus they've never been divorsed(no stepparents)

-I get complete freedom (I can do whatever I want, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone much)

-I get an allowance(my dad gives me $10 a week for doing easy chores, and my mom gives me $20 for school lunch, which I use very little so I can buy stuff)

-My parents aren't stupid (trust me, most likely at least some of your parents are stupid)
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:10   Link #42
RichMan
????

Quote:
my parents never gave me pocket money and my father comes from a culture where children start working at a very young age, he actually refused to pay for my education when I was younger and wouldn't contribute to anything for me such as clothing( getting a new pair of sneakers was like christmas to me lol) my mom has pretty much lost her mind after years of getting tired of bothering. And on top of it all I was never allowed to go outside as a kid or watch television so I spent most times reading( I had to hide my books that I got from the library cause my father wouldn't let me read anything that wasn't religious he's a religious nut like my mom and grandma but the worst of the bunch). I mean I hate to bitch but some kids really suffered, I mean I bet most people didn't have to fight with their father over studying from a text book because it discussed evolution.
Woah, sucks for you. I'd like to say again that i'm happy and very grateful that I have great parents.
RichMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:16   Link #43
u&t

While noone has realy been able to prove that smacking your children around a bit gives them mental problems in the end it is quite statistically obvious that in countries where spanking is ok a lot of children get beaten to death.

Some parent just don't know how and overdo it. Thats why hitting your children is not ok and why it should be illegal everywhere.
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:43   Link #44
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
Some parent just don't know how and overdo it. Thats why hitting your children is not ok and why it should be illegal everywhere.
Ok...if hitting your kids is not ok how would you punish them...and i'll even give you some examples...

1. Your kid punches/smacks/tries to do other physical harm

2. kid is steals anything and everything he possibly could

3. unruly and disobeys everyone

there are just some things that sending the kid to his room isn't gonna fix...

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF
"The so exclusive club, you cannot join, umm err, club!"®

-established Oct 26, 2003-

Hate goes out to any imitations, relation, or blatant wanna-be of stated club
- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 21:51   Link #45
ff7799
Banned

yep so its better to beat your kid to death rather than thinking out a logical way of doing things. Kids aren't adults you can easily out smart them and work on their slight fears, like telling them that santa claus won't bring gifts to naughty kids so they should be good, I mean seriously their is no reason to hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Ok...if hitting your kids is not ok how would you punish them...and i'll even give you some examples...

1. Your kid punches/smacks/tries to do other physical harm

2. kid is steals anything and everything he possibly could

3. unruly and disobeys everyone

there are just some things that sending the kid to his room isn't gonna fix...
Old 2004-02-28, 21:58   Link #46
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
yep so its better to beat your kid to death rather than thinking out a logical way of doing things. Kids aren't adults you can easily out smart them and work on their slight fears, like telling them that santa claus won't bring gifts to naughty kids so they should be good, I mean seriously their is no reason to hit.
Who said anything about beating the kid to death? If you bothered to read my other post you would see that i said there's a fine line between punishment and abuse...but apparently you have such a closed mind that you can't see that...maybe you should open your eyes a bit and see that this world isn't all sunshine and flowers and words can solve everything...a little tough love never hurt me, it didn't hurt dragonz, and i know a lot of other people that got hit as kids and it didn't do anything bad to them...

and btw...NEVER underestimate kids...if they were so easy to out smart then all kids in the world would be tied around the parents finger and no kid would ever steal/hit or do anything bad...but i don't see that happening

edit: nice solution...telling the kid santa won't be coming...all i see is the kid acting even worse since after that he'll know he has nothing to lose

SENIOR MEMBER 2 OF

- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:34   Link #47
Dark Zero

Send a message via AIM to Dark Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Who said anything about beating the kid to death? If you bothered to read my other post you would see that i said there's a fine line between punishment and abuse...but apparently you have such a closed mind that you can't see that...maybe you should open your eyes a bit and see that this world isn't all sunshine and flowers and words can solve everything...a little tough love never hurt me, it didn't hurt dragonz, and i know a lot of other people that got hit as kids and it didn't do anything bad to them...

and btw...NEVER underestimate kids...if they were so easy to out smart then all kids in the world would be tied around the parents finger and no kid would ever steal/hit or do anything bad...but i don't see that happening

edit: nice solution...telling the kid santa won't be coming...all i see is the kid acting even worse since after that he'll know he has nothing to lose
You can count me in, tough love never hurt me.....we'll it 'hurt', but ya, you know what I mean. Tough love is needed at times, i should know.

example:
"daddy, can I have a cookie?" *POW!! No cookie!* See, tough love works, he'll associate cookies with pain You cannot solve that by sending them to their room with the box of cookies now can we? (for the braindead, i'm fooling around)

SENIOR MEMBER 1 OF

- The ONE and ORIGINAL -
Dark Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 22:39   Link #48
DAK

Send a message via ICQ to DAK Send a message via AIM to DAK Send a message via MSN to DAK Send a message via Yahoo to DAK
My parents are very good to me. No, I don't get an allowance or anything like that but they have alot of respect for me, they treat me extremely well. They give me ALOT of freedom because they know my personality, they know how I will react in situations where I would do the wrong thing. They will let me do pretty much anything I want (although I do nothing they would have a real reason to deny me doing).

I did get spanked as a child, not beaten though. I think I turned out very well. I think that kind of treatment is what caused me to become the polite, kind person I am. I attribute that upbringing to my personality.
Old 2004-02-28, 22:59   Link #49
Umbrae
Generic Human

My parent does not suck. yes that is singular. I was raised by my mother alone. as for my father, well I have never met him. saw a picture once that my aunt has. . .

I was never given an allownace, and when I started working at 16, I was expected to pay rent. My famly simply never had much $. I remember living in a car, I think it was my 6th Bday, I was given the choice of presents or a place to live. I sure did enjoy that train (Just kidding, I got a room to sleep in, fuck the toys man).

overall given the circumstances my mother was in I belive she did the best she could. perhaps if our situation was reversed I could have done better, perhaps not. I know I would not have been arround with my kid as much as my mother was with me. But as for the origional poster, try to look at it from your parents point of view, because alot of what you are stating is simply from yours. It is alot easier to point out mistakes from the sideline than from the front line.
Old 2004-02-28, 23:01   Link #50
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Zero
You can count me in, tough love never hurt me.....we'll it 'hurt', but ya, you know what I mean. Tough love is needed at times, i should know.

example:
"daddy, can I have a cookie?" *POW!! No cookie!* See, tough love works, he'll associate cookies with pain You cannot solve that by sending them to their room with the box of cookies now can we? (for the braindead, i'm fooling around)
That makes me remeber when I aske for a cookie for breakfast one time. My mom chased my ass around the kitchen table with a wooden spoon for a half hour cuz I wanted a cookie for breakfast. I got alot of Tough Love And I came out FINE ! *twich* *twich* *searches for prozac to obtain normalness*
Old 2004-02-28, 23:08   Link #51
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
you can't solve anything through violence!!! As a parent you are the one who are suppose to protect them from pain not administer it. You show them violence they are going to see violence as a solution. I was hit many of times in my days, but most of the time it didn't do any good. After being hit, I just think of better ways not to get caught. Just because the world isn't flowers and rainbows doesn't mean we can't strive to make it that way. I know alot of people who never had a hand laid on them and they too turn out to be normal. So hitting=normal and not hitting=normal, which parents would you like to be the child of.
Old 2004-02-28, 23:11   Link #52
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

I think i get along with my parents pretty well? heh~~ Well as for one part, we communicate with each other when we are not satisfy with wat either I did or They've done. I don't really have a time-limit as to going out, I usually will call if i will go over mid-nite; or maybe told them advance that i will stay out late. They pretty much trust me will not do something harsh or stupid... as for marriage... they don't restrict me too much on religious beliefs and stuff... so Overall, they are pretty easy-going~~

I started working at a very young age too. and started paying them rent when i was 17. (that means i am old~~~) When I was young, they don't often give me allowance, but when i request for something, they will get it for me, but ONLY for EDUCATIONAL usage. yet i really don't have lotz to buy when I was a kid... so itz okies. They do sprank me when i did something awful~~ like not doing my homework, or beating up my younger bro~~ (poor bro~~ ) so my bro is pretty obidient to me now-a-dayz~~ (MUAHHAHA~~good kids don't try this at home... itz not funny when you get spranked~~) [ I do found most Chinese homes will carry a duster (the ones w/ the feathers at end~~someone mentioned earlier~ ) to hit the bad kids with~~ ] yeah, my parent use those ones too~~ but they dont hit me out of no reasons~~ Think back all those red marks i got... i do think i derserved them at some point~~ so i guess i don't hate my parents....

I never really gotten a pair of sneaker from them. (whiches I usually buy my own from the money I work pays.) Yet I'd never complaint. my family are asians. they don't really celebrate X'mas untill recent years. As for educations, I dont like asking for money for my own stuff, feels as if i want something, i will work for it.... I apply for Student loans if the courses are too expensive, and they usuallly attach some spare moneys like the scholarship and bursary. and I live off from those allowance and the part-time job money. :P which i think i am doing pretty good~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
My mom thinks that I'm The Evil. Hurray. Haven't talked to her for more than 5 month.And she dislikes the way I draw.(Her dad was an artist, she thinks I'm not good enough to be a grandchild of *whatever my grandfather's name is*.) She thinks my bro is very talented, though. When he is not. And she doesn't allow him to come near me. Good for me, actually.
My dad thinks that I'm stupid. Yuppie. Even though I was one of the very smartest kids around when I was elementary school (in Russia elementary school is very different from America, starting to learn fractions and stuff in the begining of 2nd grade), I got in the middle school that it's almost impossible to get in if you wasn't learning there from 1st-3rd grade (or not paying... a lot), actually skipped 2 years of school, and in the very advanced math class in our school + taking trig classes. Woho. He does buy me the clothes I want, though. And I can talk to him about my math homework. \o/
And they both don't care about what I watch/read. Yay! That means that I can read yaoi fanfictions.
Although i know you not for long and talk to ya not for long~~ but judging from the ava + sigs you made~~~ I think you are VERY TALENTED!!!!! don't you look down on yourself.... Compared to me~~ I am a slow learner, so i can nver skip a grade or 2... I think you are a very smart kid just do your best and time will show. I think they are not "don't care about what you watch/read..." maybe they trust you in someway that they know you won't do something silly ~~ :P just something from experience... but hey~~ every family is different, like the ones posts here~~ but you can count on me that I am 100% behind ya!
Old 2004-02-29, 13:40   Link #53
ShadowX114
is my nickname

I like my mom. She's really nice and we rarley have a fight. My dad? well, I kind of hate him so much. He's so rude. He dosen't give me any liberty. He wants me to do as he is pleased. Like right now, im really mad at him becuse he refused the marrige of my big bro! Why? Because of a stupid reason: She's 3 years older than him.
He's the only one who refused this marriage. He always like to do what he has on mind and he never want to know the opinion of the others. So in conclusion, my father sucks so bad but my mom is the person that I like the most.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 16:30   Link #54
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
I like my mom. She's really nice and we rarley have a fight. My dad? well, I kind of hate him so much. He's so rude. He dosen't give me any liberty. He wants me to do as he is pleased. Like right now, im really mad at him becuse he refused the marrige of my big bro! Why? Because of a stupid reason: She's 3 years older than him.
He's the only one who refused this marriage. He always like to do what he has on mind and he never want to know the opinion of the others. So in conclusion, my father sucks so bad but my mom is the person that I like the most.
why doesnt your brother tell your dad to go suck on it? or is he not old enough

If he NEEDS to get parental consent, then i think your dad is right... if your brother is old/mature enough to decide for himself, then go ahead

(your dad reminds me of the dad from finding nemo just saw that movie)
Old 2004-02-29, 16:52   Link #55
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114

If your brother is over 18 he can tell your dad to piss off. If he is under 18 your dad is right.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 17:01   Link #56
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
My answer is sometimes. Sometimes they do. Usually they are good about stuff though. Now if only they would let me drive whenever I want to....(/me hates not having a car)
Old 2004-02-29, 17:43   Link #57
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
My answer is sometimes. Sometimes they do. Usually they are good about stuff though. Now if only they would let me drive whenever I want to....(/me hates not having a car)
umm... you not having a car isnt them not letting you drive anywhere.

you not having a car is you not having a car.

if your parents were billionaires, and still wouldnt get you a car, that would be messed up.

if you expect your parents to let you borrow their car... you might be expecting too much.

KingRanger::
It isnt that his dad is right or wrong, it is whether he can get married or not. if he is under 18, he will have to go to italy to get married (legal age rose to 11: riots in the streets)
Old 2004-02-29, 19:48   Link #58
ff7799
Banned

interesting facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
umm... you not having a car isnt them not letting you drive anywhere.

you not having a car is you not having a car.

if your parents were billionaires, and still wouldnt get you a car, that would be messed up.

if you expect your parents to let you borrow their car... you might be expecting too much.

KingRanger::
It isnt that his dad is right or wrong, it is whether he can get married or not. if he is under 18, he will have to go to italy to get married (legal age rose to 11: riots in the streets)
Old 2004-02-29, 23:51   Link #59
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
i got my ass whopped when i was little and thinking back, I deserved every single painful lashes. I used to be a very naughty kid...
And my future kids will be expecting the exact same kind of treatment...
Ditto, except for the last sentence . I was a very curious child and I would go touch and mess with everything. My mom was the one who gave me spankings while my dad just yells at me whenever I do something wrong. Physical and verbal punishment, isn’t it great? My parents don't suck, however my dad does get quite annoying now because he's a hypocrite and he likes to bullshit a lot thanks to age, but other that he's an easy going guy. My mom is energetic and outgoing considering her age so she's pretty cool and fun.
Old 2004-02-29, 23:55   Link #60
Ayla

Send a message via AIM to Ayla
I didnt read all the posts, but my dad never gave me *any* money unless I earned it. I now have to pay rent, or do things around the house to earn my stay. Yeah sure, it's a pain sometime but the way I see it as he does it to show me that nothing in life is free. So no, my parents don't suck :P they annoy me sometimes, but I'm sure I annoy them even more sometmes XD

Tags
parents