AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2009-07-24, 15:00   Link #141
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Robin will get back with the help of the revolutionary army and chopper will fly on a bird?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:00   Link #142
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Are we sure there aren't any typos or anything...
Sengoku said Ace "conquered this sea with great speed and strength".. I'm like wtf?
Makes we wonder when he ate the DF because I doubt he could do it with his own being as though he can't use Haki..
Otherwise I don't think he would have lost to Blackbeard...
With makes me believe more and more that Logia's cant use Haki
Besides that, I liked it.

Another thing, Whitebeard has a crew of 1600 men, what proof do we have that those pirates aren't part of his crew (the 16 Division Commanders). If they aren't part of his crew, I really thought Whitebeard would bring his own army out to the Battlefield. Another thing also, I wonder what happen to the Spades Pirates, I believe maybe the division that Ace is in charge of may be have his crew members from the Spade Pirates, along with his vice-captain. Or maybe a few of those pirates may be former Spade Pirates, Ace seemed to know them, and one of them did call him "Ace-Chan"

'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 15:17   Link #143
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

The chapter is epic .......

White Beard have more aids. Each of them probably have different motives (fame, allies, honour, pride, revenge.....) but it will be interesting seeing these two armies clashes......
100k Vs approximate 5k, we can easily realise which side have more cannon folders.

Ace's hidden cards are: Luffy's groups, Red's hair, Kuma+ Hancock, Dragon, Silver + Gold D's old groups, fishman group
WG's hidden cards: Blackbeard, the other Youko, Crocodile and army of pirates who want to take WB down (he may even be betrayed by some of his own "sons"),

I believe at least one of these hidden card will totally change the course of battle
Old 2009-07-24, 15:18   Link #144
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Sengoku said Ace "conquered this sea with great speed and strength".. I'm like wtf?
Makes we wonder when he ate the DF because I doubt he could do it with his own being as though he can't use Haki..

Another thing, Whitebeard has a crew of 1600 men, what proof do we have that those pirates aren't part of his crew (the 16 Division Commanders). If they aren't part of his crew, I really thought Whitebeard would bring his own army out to the Battlefield. Another thing also, I wonder what happen to the Spades Pirates, I believe maybe the division that Ace is in charge of may be have his crew members from the Spade Pirates, along with his vice-captain. Or maybe a few of those pirates may be former Spade Pirates, Ace seemed to know them, and one of them did call him "Ace-Chan"
He conquered it in the same way as luffy has conquered it. I mean he's already raised hell over half the grand line. So i think he meant it in that context.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2009-07-24 at 15:31.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:32   Link #145
D Lusion AL

Quote:

well they all had different marks on thier ships. Even though subdivisions arent on the same ship as whitebeard, they still would carry his mark.
D Lusion AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 16:47   Link #146
grey_1960
Detective Kate Beckett

Looking over the chapter again Admiral Garb is a pretty good person at heart but It must have been hard keeping Ace hidden from the navy and i can't believe Fleet Admiral Sengoku doesn't know about it. Another time Admiral Sengoku didn't know Luffy was Admiral Garbs Grandson until Garb said something.

Every time they reveal gold D. Rogers he gets cooler in personality wise.

There also seems to be a major difference between the old school pirates and the new generations. Especially in attitude.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2009-07-24 at 18:46. Reason: Forgot to add a thought
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 17:38   Link #147
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wonder how long this war is gonna last? Oda could easily draw this out for a half year or longer if he wanted.

With so many characters, old and new, I wonder how he's gonna play this out... Will each major character get his own chapter for a battle, or will we just see glimpses of everyones power, while skipping to the outcome.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 17:47   Link #148
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I wonder how long this war is gonna last? Oda could easily draw this out for a half year or longer if he wanted.

With so many characters, old and new, I wonder how he's gonna play this out... Will each major character get his own chapter for a battle, or will we just see glimpses of everyones power, while skipping to the outcome.
He'll probably dedicate 2-3 panels for each shichibukai, It wont be like bleach where the fights just drag on and on.
Old 2009-07-24, 20:48   Link #149
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
He'll probably dedicate 2-3 panels for each shichibukai, It wont be like bleach where the fights just drag on and on.
I hope so, minor characters like them shouldn't have a chapter for themselves and say something cheesy.
Besides, if they do, that would be too early to show the true power of the high ranking pirates. The strawhats haven't been to the New World yet and Oda is going to show how they fight? That'll make the story a bit boring.
Old 2009-07-24, 21:51   Link #150
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Yeah, I pretty much agree, just a few panels will do for the majority of characters. I'm wondering if Luffy is gonna end up fighting Smoker again, since he's so gung ho on catching Luffy.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 23:04   Link #151
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
...............This ain't a war nor a battle drama Manga then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire
I hope so, minor characters like them shouldn't have a chapter for themselves and say something cheesy.
.........The likes of Mihawk, Newgate, Doflamingo etc etc are minor characters? Ha ha

Quote:
if they do, that would be too early to show the true power of the high ranking pirates. The strawhats haven't been to the New World yet and Oda is going to show how they fight? That'll make the story a bit boring.
Guess One Piece will go down the drain, since the strongest Pirate/crew in the OP world at this time is about to throw down with the WG.
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 23:13   Link #152
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

This has to be one of the most epic chapters yet.

I really hope WB and Sengoku end up fighting, or at the very least WB and Garp. I also hope Dragon shows up eventually.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 23:14   Link #153
viperx116

I wonder if Shanks will hear of the news and come rescue the son of his former captain. Rayleigh has to have known Ace is Roger's son too. If both of them show up, this war is going to be so much more epic than what it already is.
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 23:40   Link #154
james0246

Quote:
While I do doubt that the Shichibukai will really have their time to shine (i.e. no long drawn out battles for them), I expect far more than a few pages per Shichibukai (unless Oda wishes to save specific characters, making them future opponents (only DoFlamingo and Mihawk meet this criteria, though, considering that Kuma, Moria, and Hancock have all revealed their powers)). Rather, I am expecting at least 3-4 chapters dedicated solely to the Shichibukai fighting whatever opponent they will fight (more chapters could follow based on whether Oda wants to show Kuma or Hancock (or Moria) really unleash on their opponents). To reiterate, though, I am not really expecting to see much from Mihawk, and I doubt we will see much from DoFlamingo (but that's only because I think he would be a great villain for Luffy down the line, so Oda might decided to hide DoFlamingo's popwer until then).

That being said, Whitebeard's battles, and whatever Luffy will do, will take up the majority of the war. I'm personally expecting/hoping-for at least 30 chapters until the completion of the entire event.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 01:26   Link #155
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
While I do doubt that the Shichibukai will really have their time to shine (i.e. no long drawn out battles for them), I expect far more than a few pages per Shichibukai (unless Oda wishes to save specific characters, making them future opponents (only DoFlamingo and Mihawk meet this criteria, though, considering that Kuma, Moria, and Hancock have all revealed their powers)). Rather, I am expecting at least 3-4 chapters dedicated solely to the Shichibukai fighting whatever opponent they will fight (more chapters could follow based on whether Oda wants to show Kuma or Hancock (or Moria) really unleash on their opponents). To reiterate, though, I am not really expecting to see much from Mihawk, and I doubt we will see much from DoFlamingo (but that's only because I think he would be a great villain for Luffy down the line, so Oda might decided to hide DoFlamingo's popwer until then).

That being said, Whitebeard's battles, and whatever Luffy will do, will take up the majority of the war. I'm personally expecting/hoping-for at least 30 chapters until the completion of the entire event.
The thing is though, Dedicating 3 or 4 chapters to fights in which the Shichibukai are fighting characters we know nothing about would be a mistake.

What i mean to say is that characters who have had no build up at all in the past, To have them start taking up a whole chapter of fights is just ridiculous. I don't care if its White beards captains or the whole lot of awesome new world captain's just introduced, Having them indulge in long fights would just not be interesting.

Remember the 9 super-novas? They didn't just start fighting immediately as soon as they were shown. First we were introduced to them and their personalities before we actually got to see them fight with Kizaru.

Oda has never shown us such a fight before and i hardly think hes gonna be showing it now.

And dont we already know DonFlamingo's power? The one where he's able to control others?

I hardly think there are going to be 12 chapters for this battle, Let alone 30 unless some other pirates decide to crash the party.
Old 2009-07-25, 01:56   Link #156
D Lusion AL

For some reason, I get the feeling that we wont see the fights. Like something will happen that will pospone it or that Luffy wont stick around. That he would only think to rescue Ace and get out of there.
It's weird that Oda would introduce everyone's power all at once. Because if this fight would go on now and we get to see it to the end then what next? What would happen that could make the story continue? I just dont think the war will be condensed to everyone fighting one another in this final battle
D Lusion AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 02:34   Link #157
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
The thing is though, Dedicating 3 or 4 chapters to fights in which the Shichibukai are fighting characters we know nothing about would be a mistake.

What i mean to say is that characters who have had no build up at all in the past, To have them start taking up a whole chapter of fights is just ridiculous. I don't care if its White beards captains or the whole lot of awesome new world captain's just introduced, Having them indulge in long fights would just not be interesting.
That would be the purpose of the Shichibukai and Whitebeard commanders battle, for development. Not too mention Oda plans for this thing to ride out for a year. Oda has had volumes of straight dragged out battles before [Enies Lobby].

Too much build-up not to go all out on this thang!!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 02:41   Link #158
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS

I seriously do not knows how strong White Beard can be. Can he hold out with all three Admirals in the same time? Or his two division leader will aid and let more minor characters to keeps the Shichibukai busy..

I knows some1 will drop in one hit just to demonstrate White beard super power and shows that: White Beard gonna beat this whole place up
Old 2009-07-25, 03:29   Link #159
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

If any big player is going to die just to prove Whitebeards power it can be Kizaru.We know that Kizaru is %95 immortal unless some great haki confronts him.Having a fight between Whitebeard and Kizaru may give Kizaru to unleash his final move (that three treasure myth about jewel,sword and mirror) and die peacefully.Aokiji is not a totally bad guy and Akainu is just too mysterious so far to die.But Kizaru deserves death the most for his merciless attitude towards pirates.
Rawrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 10:03   Link #160
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
They are famous pirates from the New World, who have their own crews.

WB's commanders are on board the 4 ships that surfaced at the port of Marineford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
If any big player is going to die just to prove Whitebeards power it can be Kizaru.We know that Kizaru is %95 immortal unless some great haki confronts him.Having a fight between Whitebeard and Kizaru may give Kizaru to unleash his final move (that three treasure myth about jewel,sword and mirror) and die peacefully.Aokiji is not a totally bad guy and Akainu is just too mysterious so far to die.But Kizaru deserves death the most for his merciless attitude towards pirates.

No one has to die in order to prove how strong WB is. They only need to be beaten like Moria or Crocodile were. Also,m out of all of them, Akainu is the most ruthless. Kizaru seems to be a combo of Ao Kiji & Akainu's in regards to his attitude. And of course he will be merciless towards Pirates, he's a Marine Admiral, thats his job.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote