AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 9.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 3.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 5.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 4.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 11 3.91%
1 out of 10 : Painful 166 59.07%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-24, 01:10   Link #321
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Sorry, because of the swimsuit, I have to give this EP a 10. I'm just waiting until we see a ponytail.
Old 2009-07-24, 01:27   Link #322
Edgewalker
Nani ?

There is no haruhi second season anime
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 01:29   Link #323
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Wow, I have always associated this series with artwork of the utmost quality, but take a look at these shadows. They aren't even the right shape. Kyon's shadow doesn't have arms.

And is it just me or do the shadows seem to be going in conflicting directions?

fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 01:32   Link #324
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
How can anyone reload 15000+ in love-sim game and still dont get the best ending.
Simple, the girl you are trying to get is "un-get-able."
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 01:36   Link #325
sirn
レス乞食

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Whoa! Why did so many people turn stupid all of a sudden? Kadokawa is rich. You cannot possibly comprehend their richness, so don't even think you could understand their motives. Take the hint: they don't need any more money for season 2, they have more than enough.
If Kadokawa Group's stock prices going to say anything, it's that Kadokawa is not really doing well lately and wasting money is the last thing they want to do. I'm sure they have some tricks on their hands for releasing Endless Eight DVDs, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Economical crisis? Stop thinking too much... do you even understand the fine details of the effects it has on Japan's economy, specifically the animation market? If you do, link statistics and enlighten us, please.
According to Asahi's report back in May, DVD sales profit dropped from 950 hundred millions yen in 2006 to 779 hundred millions yen in 2008; the article also quoted anime producers that this is partly due to "all anime being the same" and "HD broadcast is enough for many people".

The numbers in weekly Oricon DVD sale report is also noticeably dropping compared to the last year's. The cause of this may be the fact that the industry is switching to Blu-ray as primary media, however, the same trend is also noticeable in a series that doesn't planned to release Blu-ray (e.g. Saki, which should have reach at least 8,000 judging from Amazon Ranking trend); you can at least assume the money circulation in the industry is declining.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 01:36   Link #326
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
There is no haruhi second season anime
Unless you're going for a cheap joke, that's been pointed out before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
And is it just me or do the shadows seem to be going in conflicting directions?

They're right next to a light source, there's no problem with the directions of the shadows.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 01:46   Link #327
Launch
Bug Catcher

This episode had some great moments. xD Kyon's little scream when Mikuru got hit in the face was hilarious.

I had a feeling this episode wouldn't end this arc, just from how Koizumi was acting. He seems a little off for some reason. xD Probably not enough reason for me to think it wouldn't end, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Also, was Mikuru wearing her goldfish pattern yukata, or was it just me? (Haven't read the previous posts yet ^^; )

Anyway, this episode was good, but not my favourite. I'm thinking they'll finish it next episode, just to shock the people that would be like "It has to be 8 episodes long now!" (that, or 9 episodes... no thanks. xD)

Last edited by Launch; 2009-07-24 at 02:02.
Launch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 02:09   Link #328
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, from her sub-conscious perspective, she's only making the decision to reload once, over and over again.

This whole story is a bit silly when you think about it because there's no reason to believe that they'd ever break out of the loop. Even if the characters started second-guessing themselves, there's no saying that they haven't done that every previous time they've tried. You can't introduce "variation" when you don't know what the baseline is, and even if you keep trying the silliest thing you can think of, people aren't naturally all that random or unpredictable. Kyon would probably just "randomly" choose the same thing every time, as we're seeing here. Why wouldn't he? In every other similar story I can think of, the person with the memory takes steps to lead people in the right direction. You can't just wait for the universe's natural random quotient to find a solution, and if the show ends up portraying Kyon suddenly up and deciding to do something about it, that's pretty unrealistic (unless given a special nudge, he should just keep on making the same decision -- once you've reached this many failed attempts, wouldn't you just assume that it's hopeless?). So anyway, yeah... it's probably heresy, but it seems to me like the whole premise for the episode is a bit weird to begin with, and the way they've "exploited" it in the anime is, in an odd way, consistent with the premise even if it's less entertaining than a well-placed deviation could have been. Funny how that works...
I wouldn't say that at all. Recall that Kyon et al.'s deja vu got more and more extreme with each iteration. I would say that at the 15498th, when he really did figure it out, his deja vu reached a threshold where he had to say something at the end of the 30th. This whole, "I'll just leave to the 'me' from the next time" bit is just something the animators came up with, since the story only covers the last iteration.

In any case, I think I too shall take a break from Haruhi. Which is too bad, because I just picked it up as the "re-airing" started, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that, just like that, there were new episodes. I admit, furthermore, that I watched S1 in chronological order, which only made my unpreparedness for E8 the greater. I really like(d) this series, and maybe I'll return to it at some point, but if being trolled is an inherent part of the Haruhi experience, then I think I'll look for another show.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 02:16   Link #329
Kogetsu Shirogane
Crackshipper

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
I wouldn't say that at all. Recall that Kyon et al.'s deja vu got more and more extreme with each iteration. I would say that at the 15498th, when he really did figure it out, his deja vu reached a threshold where he had to say something at the end of the 30th. This whole, "I'll just leave to the 'me' from the next time" bit is just something the animators came up with, since the story only covers the last iteration.
Actually, the group made the discovery 8,769 times according to Nagato. While the whole "the next 'me' should be able to figure it out" thing is anime original, Kyon being an absolute moron during this part of the overall story isn't.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... well at least it's consistent...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 02:18   Link #330
Peanutbutter

I'm watching it right now and I find it more interesting to browse around here rather than watching Koizumi babble on and on...

EDIT: Hmm....they've slowly increased the distance between Haruhi and the rest of the SOS-dan members in the credits. What's up with that?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 02:43   Link #331
syakudo55

2ch Reaction
http://blog.livedoor.jp/insidears/ar.../51989887.html
syakudo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 03:32   Link #332
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Talis es beneficium malum. Ita infinitas infinitio estas persevero vacuus spes subsisto!

Ah meus , pulvis Yoshiakis 2ch gauisus castra?
Old 2009-07-24, 03:35   Link #333
Hikari no Clover

Send a message via MSN to Hikari no Clover
this story tells us the importance of doing ur hw during holiday
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 03:57   Link #334
mokuseimaru

The kindness is so evil...or something like that. "Es" is the 2nd person though.

I don't know what to make of the second sentence. Everything is in the nominative. "Infinitas" and "infinitio" are both nouns "endlessness", but you seem to want to use at least one as an adjective. "Spes" is feminine so you want "vacua" not "vacuus". And I think at least one of those verbs should be an infinitive.

The last is something like, "Ah me, is the camp of dust, Yoshiakis 2ch, happier?" Or something.

...I was once a Latin teacher.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 04:08   Link #335
Ithekro
Warning

Itsuki started his "epic" laughter just before one of the cuts during the star gazing scene. There is still potential.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:21   Link #336
brocko

Some little things i enjoyed this episode:

- Kyon's scream when Haruhi kicked the ball right into Mikuru's face
- Mikuru in the very next scene half knocked out and half nursing herself with the cloth over her face
- Yuki waiting to be told "she can go now". Typical Yuki lol
- Kyon sleeping through movie with Mikuru next to him scared shitless trying to wake him up ahha
- Mikuru getting chased by Haruhi during the test of courage.
- Mikuru's rather hopeless attempt at batting. Poor girl, always at the short end of these jokes

Rest of the episode was well... seen it once seen it all, in this case 6 times to be exact... =/
8 Episodes here we come! XD
If it ends up being more than 8, then do your worse dammit! Like someone else said earlier in the thread, if you've gone that far mine as well go for broke right?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2009-07-24 at 04:42.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 04:26   Link #337
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
*snips*
You're not familiar with my posting habits, I gather?

And I'm no expert in dead languages. I do have a handy dictionary though, but that really only means that whatever I post is either literal or wildly off mark, haha.

Do take note though that I only use Latin when I'm messing with people, or just being unnecessarily abstruse. Mostly the latter, ESPECIALLY with this fandom, and its odd parallels to the Church of the God Emperor in Warhammer 40k.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:30   Link #338
RAD_ED

Its seems they want people to hate the show.
RAD_ED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 04:46   Link #339
Ithekro
Warning

The God Empress will have her day. This much is certain. She's already got two weeks. She just wants that one day.
Old 2009-07-24, 05:21   Link #340
Airman8
Helvetica Standard

Hmm, so I'm thinking it will either end after 8 episodes, or at the end of the summer. Either way I liked this one. I can't help but giggle whenever Mikuru gets hit in the face with the beach ball. :P

I'm using this arc as a way to gauge my own summer. If a week goes by and I feel like nothing has happened when the next episode comes around, it means I'm guilty of not making the most of my summer. It's felt to me like a long time has passed since I saw the last ep, so it was good to get back to endless eight. I think I actually want E8 to last all summer.
Airman8 is offline   Reply With Quote