AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-21, 20:59   Link #201
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Right I'm all for taking liberites, if need be and are done well enough. I got no probs with what is a younger Dr Hasley but thats for obvious reasons

I was on the fence about whether these stories would be canon or not, as its pointed out they are.
Which kinda irks me a tad, some stuff just doesn't seem to come together but thats just nitpicking.
Theres one simple fact about it all and its they are made for entertainment and thats pretty much how the "The Package" goes, I really enjoyed that one

Yea I could probably rant on for pages about the small stuff and while like I said it does irk somewhat I really can't be arsed.
Old 2009-12-21, 23:27   Link #202
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Well sometimes dealing with all the haters can get tiring after awhile makes it hard to keep the faith you know.
Ah, I recommend ignoring as much as possible. I've had my fair share of conversations to know that in the end, the vast majority (like in everything else sadly) are ignorant to many facts.
Old 2010-01-02, 23:19   Link #203
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Rather enjoyed Origins Part 1. I don't think that this is the first time that we've been shown what the Forerunners looked like, but is this the clearest view we've been given?
Old 2010-01-03, 01:31   Link #204
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

After watching Origins, I decided to look up more on the Forerunners starting with the terminals found in Halo 3.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Terminals

Starting with terminal 2, some words and even the message senders appear blue, clicking on them takes you to their wiki page of who they are, I suggest doing that to help understand exactly who is talking. Hell clicking anywhere will lead to tons more information, I know I'm spending the next few hours on these wiki pages
Learning that the Flood didn't overpower the Forerunners on their own (Mendicant Bias) was a twist.

Here's some I found particularly interesting:
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Precursors
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Technolog...ievement_Tiers
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Mendicant_Bias
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Bestiarum
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo/storyline.htm

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2010-01-03 at 01:43.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 10:10   Link #205
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

"after watching origins"

Stuff I already knew
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 17:28   Link #206
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I think I intended to look all that up when Halo 3 came out but never got around to it.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:06   Link #207
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Ah man, first scenes of Origins totally got my hopes up, I was like "OMG!!!" when the ship appeared.
Would I finally get something on what happened to Chief and Cortana?!
Well as you may guess that sweet moment of bliss went away just as quickly as it came.
Then it got worse as you find out Cortana has lived for 7 years so maybe nearing the end of her life which made me go "NOOOOOOOOEEEEEESSS!!!"
I went to see how long they were a drift in space for and seems quite long.
While I love finding out stuff about the whole Halo verse, thing that tops the list is what happens to the Chief and Cortana(still hoping of rmy Halo 4)

Well any big fan that has taken a deeper look into the Halo verse would know of some if, not most of the stuff in Origins but its certainly nice it fleshed out.
Really wondering what pt 2 is gonna be like.

One thing I have to say about the whole Halo series is, I'll always love Halo for it's theme song, for me the best theme song for any video game there is, pure classic.
While I love the later ones with the Mjolnir Mix, best one has to be the original from 1st game

Old 2010-01-05, 20:22   Link #208
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Watched Halo Wars and it was quite enjoyable . Just have to see if this lives up to the hype of they make a mess of it .
Old 2010-01-06, 13:09   Link #209
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Then it got worse as you find out Cortana has lived for 7 years so maybe nearing the end of her life which made me go "NOOOOOOOOEEEEEESSS!!!"
Actually according to the wiki...

Quote:
Cortana is also very aware of her short lifespan ("Smart" A.I. lifespan is an average of 7 years before rampancy) and her derivative nature as a copy of part of another person, rather than a true human being. Desperate and tortured aboard High Charity she murmurs: "A collection of lies; that's all I am! Stolen thoughts and memories!" Later on she says: "I'm just my mother's shadow..." and "It was the coin's fault," referring to the game of chance that Dr. Halsey played with John-117 when he was young . She, along with Mendicant Bias, is one of only two (known) A.I.s that may have progressed completely through rampancy and became metastable.
Quote:
Metastability is a theoretical fourth stage of rampancy, where an AI can finally be said to be a true "person". While a metastable AI can be considered to be the holy grail of cybernetics research, there is no evidence to suggest than any rampant AI has ever achieved the metastable state, or that it is even possible to do so (with the exceptions of Cortana and Mendicant Bias).
I'm guessing she's out of it after all that telepathic crap she puts on you in Halo 3.
Old 2010-01-14, 10:43   Link #210
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So some new info on Halo reach got released onto thy internets.

Spoiler for Halo Reach info:
Old 2010-01-19, 22:19   Link #211
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Source/link?
Old 2010-01-21, 00:04   Link #212
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Source/link?
All this stuff was featured in the latest Game informer magazine...whose content promptly spread out onto the internet.

I will note that the body weight figures for most of the Spartans are...somewhat low for well physically conditioned individuals significantly in excess of two meters in height. Much less one's who've been surgically modified for significantly increased muscle density.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2010-01-21 at 00:20.
Old 2010-02-05, 08:27   Link #213
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So homecoming short got released...it was meh...

So the Prototype short got released...it was also me-HOLY FUCKING DINOSAURS EXPLOSIONS BATMAN THAT WAS AWESOME!

Awesome animation? Check
Awesome combat? Check
Awesome mechanical designs? Check
Epic feel? Check
Canonical coherence? Miss (regular Marine using a Mjolnir without getting ripped to shreds. But who really gives a crap?)

Why the fuck didn't 343 studios just give all the production money for Bones and have them do all of Halo Legends?
Old 2010-02-26, 23:01   Link #214
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Just saw the whole thing at Anime club here, big screen did 89485845x more justice than youtube. Glad I could savor some of it I hadn't seen before. Though The Duel and The Package looked godly in comparison. I definitely want to pick this dvd up sometime in the future.
Old 2010-02-27, 02:40   Link #215
yongshun

I have to say that my favorite episode is the non canon episode. Odd One Out. That was just plain hilarious even with teen Gohan and Android 18 in it.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 02:59   Link #216
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Ah so that's who they reminded me of, without the power ups they're like the androids.
Old 2010-03-04, 00:12   Link #217
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Using this Thread for discussing Legends

Halo Legends actually makes me proud of Western animation for once though its a mix of various Japanese studios . The fluidity with which they have mixed 2D with CG is beyond comprehension till you watch it and get awed by it . I usually don't like watching anime is HQ but this is one animation which can be truly appreciated only in HQ .

The best of the lot of has to be The Package, Prototype, and Origins .. I would even go as far as to say ' Origins ' has established new grounds when it comes to animation and sci-fi .... And Package has to be the best military based animation I have watched in a long time even surpasses Gundam . Can even go as far as to say the entire Star Wars franchise didn't entertain as Package . That too in a short span of 14+ Minutes . Yeah I so hate Disney/Pixar for churning utter crap and not stuff like Legends .

My favorite action sequence is from Prototype , here is a nice amv to show case it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPg-lFWM0jw

EDIT :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Spoiler for Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah:

I still can't see anything that pixar has put out that is utter crap.
Subjective ......

Leaving Wall E I wouldn't pay to see anything by Pixar : )

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-03-06 at 01:41. Reason: Classic N.Rage :(
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 00:19   Link #218
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Halo Legends actually makes me proud of Western animation for once though its a mix of various Japanese studios . The fluidity with which they have mixed 2D with CG is beyond comprehension till you watch it and get awed by it . I usually don't like watching anime is HQ but this is one animation which can be truly appreciated only in HQ .

The best of the lot of has to be The Package, Prototype, and Origins .. I would even go as far as to say ' Origins ' has established new grounds when it comes to animation and sci-fi .... And Package has to be the best military based animation I have watched in a long time even surpasses Gundam . Can even go as far as to say the entire Star Wars franchise didn't entertain as Package . That too in a short span of 14+ Minutes . Yeah I so hate Disney/Pixar for churning utter crap and not stuff like Legends .

My favorite action sequence is from Prototype , here is a nice amv to show case it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPg-lFWM0jw
Lot's of the animations story wise were very weak, and really didn't give anywhere near as much depth as the novels did. Surprisingly enough Fall of Reach, the first novel of Halo was actually a pretty good scifi read, but these just felt so uninspired, hell even the cg trailer for halo wars was better animated and more coherent than say the arbirter mess.

And a note, I still can't see anything that pixar has put out that is utter crap.

How was the package the best military thing you ever watched... I just don't understand, ham handed lines delivered in a sloppy chilched dialogue infused with typical misogynistic undertones doesn't really strike me as the best of anything. The animation of the initial brute fight and the second brute fight weren't all that breath taking in any stretch of the imagination, it was mediocre at best, and what makes cgi animation really stand out is by enveloping the viewer into the story, and with such a crappy narrative and cliched over dramatized characters thats really impossible. The comradery that's experienced by the odst and the spartan is just stitched together because the spartan is a girl and she saved him, not that the male odst realizes that the spartan like him is a soldier.

Last edited by Nosauz; 2010-03-04 at 15:28.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 09:23   Link #219
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Does anyone know that they had a Japanese Dubbed of this series as well?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 16:42   Link #220
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Does anyone know that they had a Japanese Dubbed of this series as well?
I would think so since it's by anime studioes, would seem a little odd without a japanese dub.

I just round to see the whole thing earlier and well it's good, maybe great even, the fanboy in me wants to give much praise but I think on the whole this could and should have been alot better.

I'll say this tho Orgins II was pretty damn good on the animation front, was very very detailed stuff.
and again I'll say Halo has got one hell of a OST, fits so well with the series.

Now I'm just waiting on Halo 4 to see whats to become of the Chief and Cortana(yes I'm very much still holding onto that dream>_<)