AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-06-25, 13:25   Link #21
MTB{SOLO}
*Stares*Gimme!~o_O

Send a message via AIM to MTB{SOLO} Send a message via MSN to MTB{SOLO} Send a message via Yahoo to MTB{SOLO}
Restart again and delete the folder the file is in. Cut everything inside the folder you want to keep first. This has always worked when I have a pesky file like that. Dunno why it happens though. Me no techie ~(o_O~)

(~O.o)~ You no Gimme?!...*Flick*...get lost! ~(o.O~)
MTB{SOLO} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 13:27   Link #22
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacks21
i can't rename or delete some of the anime file everytime i try that an error pops out and says that some other program is using it and i gotto close the program in order to modifie the file but the thing is there is no program on and i can't find any program that is currently using the file...........i tried restarting and going back to a restore point but no use .......... someone please help me
Where are the files located? What programs are you running in the background? In order to do that, download HijackThis!. Post the log here.
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 14:29   Link #23
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I used to have that problem back when I used Windows.

It's basically an bug in windows XP. The way I fixed it was by modifying a registry key. I could look it up if you want.

Here are some steps

Last edited by Dopeskills; 2004-06-25 at 15:11.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 15:12   Link #24
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Remove the following regkey (you will need to tree through it instead of searching for it)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClassesCLSID{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}InProcServer32

OR
Rename shmedia.dll in your \windows\system32
AND
remove it from the \windows\system32\cache

The problem has to do with XP's insistance to catalog the AVI info (e.g. duration, size, etc). The problem appears with more Divx based AVI where files may be corrupted or incomplete. (e.g. Bittorrent partial downloads).

Note: the drawback is that this will affect all your media files from being cataloged. Another workaround is to change your view to list only. This will get around the bug most of the time.
________
Mercedes-Benz 300 Slr

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:23.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 16:26   Link #25
Blue

Unhappy Can't delete a file

I have a video file that I cannot delete no matter what I do. I get the message "Cannot delete ... It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." I know that the file isn't in use because I can't play it. I get a "The format is not supported," message.

How do I delete this file? (I am using Windows XP.)

Please help.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 17:16   Link #26
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
You'll need to use the PendMoves program.

You can find a post explaining how to use it here.

If you still cant get the hang of it, I can make pictures.
KeinikuSuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:05   Link #27
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Spybot is an altertive program. It has a file shreding feature. It comes quite in handy.
Kurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:31   Link #28
xargon

ohh i get that a lot with avi's,
i use a program to delete them, it works no matter what. deletes what ever you want. here is link:
http://www.docsdownloads.com/dr-delete.htm
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 13:49   Link #29
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon
ohh i get that a lot with avi's,
i use a program to delete them, it works no matter what. deletes what ever you want. here is link:
http://www.docsdownloads.com/dr-delete.htm
hey I try it and it worked! sorry to bring this old topic back to life but I was getting desperate about this file I couldnt delete, and the weird thing is that it was a very small file (it wasnt even above 50K O_o) It happened when I was dling a pdf and accidentally I save it as a .exe... wierd, anyone knows any explanation to this? is it, again, because of the windows XP bug, even with such small file and with this extentions?
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 06:44   Link #30
jimmy_1

you can dl. avi.fix, that should help. XP is fuc*** up with avi files. Don`t now where to dl. it
jimmy_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 18:17   Link #31
xargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
hey I try it and it worked! sorry to bring this old topic back to life but I was getting desperate about this file I couldnt delete, and the weird thing is that it was a very small file (it wasnt even above 50K O_o) It happened when I was dling a pdf and accidentally I save it as a .exe... wierd, anyone knows any explanation to this? is it, again, because of the windows XP bug, even with such small file and with this extentions?
glad to help, dr delete is indeed a neat lil freeware.
xargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:34   Link #32
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Error when deleting files!

I get that message when I go to delete files. I have tried closing all processes (except critical ones) and tried restarting 3 times. Is there some problem? I can't move files either. Please help thank you.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-16 at 16:55. Reason: Threads Merged
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 15:55   Link #33
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Did you even try restarting your PC? And after the PC is rebooted, delete the file before you open any applications. Worst case scenario, I would even boot the PC into the safe mode and delete the file...
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:22   Link #34
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

"and tried restarting 3 times" is what I said, so yes, I did try restarting. I did try deleting before opening anything as well, not working ;_:. I shall try the Safe Mode.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:57   Link #35
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
LOL, I was just going to link to the thread detailing how to delete troublemaking files but when I reloaded the "Tech Support" page, I'd realized that NSW already took care of it Well, maybe next time I will win the race
There is a little known provision in the Forum Rules that explicitly allows a moderator to remove any signature image that they believe to be inappropriate for any reason. That did not happen in this case because _Sin_ is so boring that he never even had a signature to remove anyway. So why is this text here? To attract attention of course - isn't that what a signature is for?
You can still find my Azureus Download Guide here

By all means, make sure to read this.
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote