AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-23, 14:56   Link #1
Timdog

A way to legally purchase and download SUBBED anime?

So, I know that services like iTunes or Netflix do offer anime as downloadable episodes or through streaming, but they are 100% dubs. Are there any places where you can buy subbed anime (or a choice between subbed/dubbed) and download it?
Old 2009-07-23, 15:23   Link #2
Theowne
耳をすませば

Send a message via Skype™ to Theowne
You can buy membership at Crunchy Roll and watch legally streamed anime that is subtitled / simulcasted. Not the greatest selection yet.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2009-07-23, 16:28   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Funimation has "download-to-own" episodes; in some cases you can choose a subtitled version. Baccano!, for instance, is available in this format. That said, Funi uses Microsoft DRM technologies so only Windows is supported, and the captures are in a lesser-quality format (usually 640x480 SD). They are probably superior to Flash videos however.
Old 2009-07-23, 16:56   Link #4
Saleh
Inactive

You may want to read this thread for more info. It has a comprehensive list of legal steams and download to own options.
Old 2009-07-23, 17:16   Link #5
Timdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
You can buy membership at Crunchy Roll and watch legally streamed anime that is subtitled / simulcasted. Not the greatest selection yet.
Forgot about CR, but yea, not a great selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Funimation has "download-to-own" episodes; in some cases you can choose a subtitled version. Baccano!, for instance, is available in this format. That said, Funi uses Microsoft DRM technologies so only Windows is supported, and the captures are in a lesser-quality format (usually 640x480 SD). They are probably superior to Flash videos however.
A step in the right direction, I'm fine with Microsoft DRM as I use Vista. Quality is ok, I'm not very picky about quality unless it's abysmal like flash quality for a downloaded video that I PAID for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleh View Post
You may want to read this thread for more info. It has a comprehensive list of legal steams and download to own options.
Wow, quite a list there, I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the link!
Old 2009-07-24, 02:04   Link #6
npcomplete

Crunchyroll is the only site so far that does not use DRM in their download-to-own files btw. The pricing is the same as Funi's at $1.99 per ep, with no discounts and quality is somewhat low, although it can vary between shows.
Closed Thread