AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-07-24, 15:46   Link #1
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Flash On iphone (i.e I want to watch Crunchyroll on my phone)

Hello inteligent people!

Simple question. How can I watch crunchyroll videos on my iphone?

Now, trust me. I usually sort these things out myself and believe me I have tried.

However, I'm having trouble.

I have tried, videohamster/mobilehamster-livebuster etc. And it seems like at one point, it used to work. However, it doesn't anymore. When I click the hamster bookmark on my phone, rather than playing the video I want to watch it just takes me to a page saying: nearest server selected - please connect now.

Although, when I press the play icon it just takes me to a page saying: Watch music videos on iphone blah blah, transfer songs, blah blah, free download, blah blah.

Basically, I think back in the day it may have just worked fine, but regrettably, not anymore, it just plays with your head and makes you angry >.<!

So, in short, is there a quick easy way for me to watch anime on my iphone whilst I am meant to be working at my desk lol?

Many thanks.

Shay.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 16:42   Link #2
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I checked the Crunchyroll forums (which is probably better place to ask this question) a while back, and I couldn't find an answer. So in all likelihood you're SOL until Apple+Adobe finally releases Flash support for iPhone, or Crunchyroll makes their site in one way or another compatible with the iPhone.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 16:51   Link #3
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Like mentioned, flash might not likely to come to iPhone since it uses alot of CPU usage which won't make it run as fast even with the new 3GS. I would rather have crunchyroll create their own app to stream, but it may or may not happen.
Old 2009-07-24, 16:59   Link #4
Shay
Monarch Programmer

True, maybe it would be wiser to take the question straight to the horses mouth. However, I never post there and therefore, I have no chums

And as I said, I usually sort these things out myself but when I hit a wall I come here.

I honestly think of animesuki as my home from home, so ultimately, though maybe a bit optimistically, I come here for hel when I need it!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 22:49   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I know nothing of iPhones, but is there a method for using it to connect remotely to a desktop machine, something like VNC or Remote Desktop? How about X-Windows? I'm thinking of methods whereby you could run the Flash player on a desktop machine and export its display to the iPhone somehow.
Old 2009-07-24, 22:54   Link #6
Suzuku
(`・⊝・)/\(`・⊝・)

Don't even bother to try to get Flash on ANY phone; it'll only lag and cause the browser to be FAR more crash prone. Most of the time what are supposed to be videos look like still images passing by on a slide show, and games and other flash content don't work for shit either. It's better to just save yourself a headache and do without Flash until Adobe can actually comes up with a good solution.

Like someone mentioned above it would be better if Crunchyroll made it's on app for the iPhone so it can stream video content.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 22:55   Link #7
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Quote:
I know nothing of iPhones, but is there a method for using it to connect remotely to a desktop machine, something like VNC or Remote Desktop? How about X-Windows? I'm thinking of methods whereby you could run the Flash player on a desktop machine and export its display to the iPhone somehow.
The problem with VNC and Remote Desktop is laggy and also those client usually don't support sound, which makes it pretty much useless except for the most basic stuff.

I know Windows Mobile does it, but everyone knows that Windows Mobile is pain in the butt to configure and use, the browser sucks on it and also it's very clunky (I would know since I used Windows Mobile (2003 and 6.0 Standard) and it's painfully slow and clunky compared to the iPhone)... I also know that Android will get Flash 10 on their platform, but won't be for awhile.