AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-17, 18:07   Link #281
PzIVf3

The trial system is not fair and rush without proper investigated, its obvious impossible for the weak body of the boy student to commit mass murder with just second without hearing any scream for help and they cant identify what type of weapon he use.

I would prefer the protagonist to be a adult male working employee than the boy student this story seem not fit for the boy surrounded by a thugs of criminals with a height advantage than he his.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 18:16   Link #282
Ghostfriendly

Excellent 1st ep, with more development than manga, and great atmosphere. The palete the animators are using, except in the dead class scene is rather light, but otherwise, well-animated. The falsified confession was a decent idea, and must have really made Ganta suspect that he was a schitzophenric who actually had killed his classmates. Playing that idea up a bit more would've worked well as foreshadowing of a certain character as well...

Not too sure about Shiro; her voice and singing are fine, but she somehow isn't as quirky and lively as the manga made her out to be. Ironically, from still manga panels you imagine her hopping about continually like a pant full of ant; while in manga that much movement would be too expensive to draw. Makina's stoic demenour, and her assistants inappropriate muddling came over extremely well; that guard woman really is a out dominatrix.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2011-04-18 at 02:07.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 20:46   Link #283
OkamiNoKaze

This show is great, dark but great, no wonder I was getting Ergo Proxy vibes when Red Man showed up, it's by the same studio. Also the Warden is reminding me of General Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist. , I think that's how she would run a prison
Old 2011-04-17, 20:59   Link #284
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow he get steam rolled bad
Old 2011-04-17, 21:15   Link #285
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

I'm glad there still exist anime with animators and directors eager to splatter blood all over the place. Mind, that can't be the only appeal. There still has to be some engaging plot with action-packed battles (and a little pantsu never hurt anyone).

But yeah, BLOOD! EVERYWHERE!
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 21:27   Link #286
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

That was pretty epic. Talk about a conspiracy man.

And the censorship in the beginning... I think they could have done a little less. I take it he was holding the girl's decapitated head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
About the ED...
Spoiler:
Oh man. I was really disappointed with that. It would have been such a nice surprise too.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:16   Link #287
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

There's always hope that the ED will change from episode 2 out. I mean it's not like we even have an OP yet.

Also, Makina is NOT the warden, she's the captain of guards (i.e. head of security).
Old 2011-04-17, 22:16   Link #288
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Somehow the main couple reminds me of Rentan and Eureka from E7
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:55   Link #289
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

^ Haha I had the same kind of feeling, it also doesn't help that Nirgilis did this ED aswell.
Old 2011-04-17, 23:12   Link #290
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Somehow the main couple reminds me of Rentan and Eureka from E7
Actually, the manga character designs match for Rentan + Anemone, though it's not surprising, since the creator is the same one from Eureka 7. You'll find your Eureka look-a-like soon enough (the short-haired version).
Old 2011-04-18, 02:46   Link #291
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Actually, the manga character designs match for Rentan + Anemone, though it's not surprising, since the creator is the same one from Eureka 7. You'll find your Eureka look-a-like soon enough (the short-haired version).
Please don't insult BONES and Yoshida. The creators of Eureka 7 have nothing at all to do with Deadman Wonderland. The manga creators of Deadman Wonderland simply worked on a spin-off manga for Eureka 7. They did not create Eureka 7 at all. This just shows how unimaginative they are as artists, and they are unable to come up with their own style for their original manga. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 06:23   Link #292
Haak
God Damn Christmas Songs

Episode one.

This is some really messed up shit. That is all.

Plus that court case is fucking stupid. If the entire court was corrupt then I'd understand but if that one video leak was all they based the conviction on...
Old 2011-04-19, 02:25   Link #293
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Please don't insult BONES and Yoshida. The creators of Eureka 7 have nothing at all to do with Deadman Wonderland. The manga creators of Deadman Wonderland simply worked on a spin-off manga for Eureka 7. They did not create Eureka 7 at all. This just shows how unimaginative they are as artists, and they are unable to come up with their own style for their original manga. :P
I'm actually glad that they stuck with the character design from E7. It's what drew me into the series and I'm a fan of the style. Bones and Yoshida sure as hell use it enough. Xam'd anyone?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 11:24   Link #294
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 11:37   Link #295
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
This show is great, dark but great, no wonder I was getting Ergo Proxy vibes when Red Man showed up,
Yup, his mask is like Vincet Law's proxy.
Old 2011-04-21, 20:16   Link #296
KingBoo

i read the manga, so i'm glad to see this show get animated. the first episode was off to a good start. i really like the blood effects/color when he fired it at the debris.
KingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 23:09   Link #297
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Plus that court case is fucking stupid. If the entire court was corrupt then I'd understand but if that one video leak was all they based the conviction on...
The killer confessed to the killing. Combined with the "fact" of how Ganta was the only student left alive in the classroom, I would have made the logical conclusion as well. Not taking into account how much Ganta really talked like a sadistic killer in the video; I wouldn't want to be a classmate of someone so bloodthirsty.

I doubt the video was real. I believe the entire point of the trial was to show how "impartial" the justice system is. A conviction was achieved with no physical evidence; the decisive piece of evidence was also falsified by that bastard of a lawyer. Ganta is sent off to be entertainment for the masses.

Humiliating convicts by turning them into sideshow attractions. They have to eat candy in order to survive. I have to guess these convicts can only receive candy from their spectators, who can buy candy at a price in the amusement park. If a prisoner fails to impress the general public, then the prisoner goes candyless. Which means the prisoner dies.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 23:48   Link #298
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
The killer confessed to the killing. Combined with the "fact" of how Ganta was the only student left alive in the classroom, I would have made the logical conclusion as well. Not taking into account how much Ganta really talked like a sadistic killer in the video; I wouldn't want to be a classmate of someone so bloodthirsty.

I doubt the video was real. I believe the entire point of the trial was to show how "impartial" the justice system is. A conviction was achieved with no physical evidence; the decisive piece of evidence was also falsified by that bastard of a lawyer. Ganta is sent off to be entertainment for the masses.

Humiliating convicts by turning them into sideshow attractions. They have to eat candy in order to survive. I have to guess these convicts can only receive candy from their spectators, who can buy candy at a price in the amusement park. If a prisoner fails to impress the general public, then the prisoner goes candyless. Which means the prisoner dies.
I think you might be right with this showing how the justice system works there. You really don't need very solid evidence or at least physical evidence. Just the fact that they have turned one prison into an entertainment industry (which Ganta's class was going to visit for a trip) just shows where that society is right now.

I'm not sure if the trial was completely rigged, if some were bought off, or it was thanks to that video, but the result was the same. Clearly they wanted to get Ganta into that prison and were ready to do whatever in order to pull it off.
Old 2011-04-22, 10:06   Link #299
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

I have not read the manga but I'm interested in it because I enjoyed the first episode immensely. Since I had not read the manga or watched the previews, I was quite taken aback but the first few minutes! Loved the female warden. She might be my new favorite character.
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:08   Link #300
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
This may have been obvious, but I felt it was rigged, but only with the chairmen of Deadman Wonderland acting as the lawyer of Ganta. Doesn't seem like anything the Red Man did with Ganta would affect him besides activating some mysterious powers from time to time. So he tweaked the video (although I don't know how) and hid it in Ganta's shirt right before the trial. Like Deconstructor said.

But they could have atleast inspected the classroom.. Even if for say Ganta went on a rampage (which I know he din't) he wouldn't have toppled desks, broken windows, and desecrated all parts of the classroom while killing people with a weapon. If it was a gun, there would have been holes, if it was a bomb then there would be holes. They really can't tell what weapon he used, and just basing things off "Sole survivor has got to be the killer.." since there was no evidence of anybody else going into the classroom at that time.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, horror, madness, prison, science fiction, shounen, tragedy