AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-04, 20:14   Link #681
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 8:
Spoiler for Episode 8:
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 20:27   Link #682
Dralha
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Neo-Venezia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for ep 8:

Mmmmm...hmmmm... It's about time she gets some screen time.
__________________
Dralha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 03:48   Link #683
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Shiro is the most adorable bloodthirsty killer ever, in no small part thanks to Hanazawa Kana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Epsidoe 8.

If it turns out that memory stick doesn't have any actual evidence in it, I'm going to be so pissed. Why didn't they think to confirm what's in it?
It's likely there's nothing in it, considering their super hacker is a traitor. There is still a miniscule chance Scar Chain's plan might work, so it's better to give them bogus evidence just in case.
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 06:28   Link #684
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
Now, while I didn't understand all the fuss over Crow's eyeball scene a bit back. . .

Spoiler for Deadman 8:
Crow's eyeball was worse in my opinion. The acid part was bad enough to make me want to look away, but the fact is that the scene in Episode 5 was censored - this one wasn't.

Quite frankly, I probably found Crow's eyeball thing much worse because of the premise - a guy having an eye removed in the most brutal of ways.

EDIT: By the time we reach this episode, we're already aware that the place is twisted as all hell and the establishment will do whatever they please in the goriest of ways - so whilst the acid scene is gory, it almost feels par for the course in respect of what we know already. Thus it's a little less shocking.


Spoiler for Episode 8:

Last edited by viperdk1; 2011-06-06 at 04:01.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 10:18   Link #685
klare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Spoiler for eps 8:
__________________
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 10:25   Link #686
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Spoiler for 8:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 11:27   Link #687
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Spoiler for 8:
I didn't think that it was too fast. Tamaki sent an enforcer down there and he went straight for the area that Ganta was in with the 2 new Deadmen (ep.7). Ep. 8 we learned who they were, what they were up to and that they had a mole. So now we know why Tamaki sent one down there at that time.

But in situations like this ymmv.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 13:15   Link #688
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralha View Post
Mmmmm...hmmmm... It's about time she gets some screen time.
Yeah. Her in bodysuit. Words don't do it justice; criminally sexy.

Looks like the gang is in for some major disappointments next episode. This show hurts to look at sometimes.
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 18:12   Link #689
Creed
Mad Hatter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Terrestrial Horizon
Send a message via Yahoo to Creed
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Crow's eyeball was worse in my opinion. The acid part was bad enough to make me want to look away, but the fact is that the scene in Episode 5 was censored - this one wasn't.

Quite frankly, I probably found Crow's eyeball thing much worse because of the premise - a guy having an eye removed in the most brutal ways.

EDIT: By the time we reach this episode, we're already aware that the place is twisted as all hell and the establishment will do whatever they please in the goriest of ways - so whilst the acid scene is gory, it almost feels par for the course in respect of what we know already. Thus it's a little less shocking.
I see your point, but for me what really topped it off was the guy asking for his mother before getting squished. Ever since Saving Private Ryan, men in pain asking for their mother. . I dunno. It gets to me.

Also, I'm interested to know why the eye scene being censored disturbs you more. That's a curious thing to say.
Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 20:17   Link #690
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Bah, no emotionless Hanazawa this episode? I am disappoint, as this duality of voices is the reason why I fell in love with Hanazawa's voice in the first place with her debut role. But I guess usual cheerful Shiro going all SQUEEE when other girl said Ganta loved her should be enough for me... oh man, can't wait for when Ganta finds out that red man is actually Shiro lols. XD
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 04:00   Link #691
viperdk1
Heart = Stolen
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
I see your point, but for me what really topped it off was the guy asking for his mother before getting squished. Ever since Saving Private Ryan, men in pain asking for their mother. . I dunno. It gets to me.
I'm not saying it didn't disturb me - just not as much as the eye scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
Also, I'm interested to know why the eye scene being censored disturbs you more. That's a curious thing to say.
Again, premise. Also there was the fact that I was subconsciously filling in the blanks caused by the censoring...*shudder*.

My thought is that if the creators/directors etc. of a show feel the need to censor something (in terms of gore - I'm not talking about the censoring of ecchi scenes such as in, say, Softenni), the uncensored version would result in people searching for the nearest toilet to be sick in.

Pretty basic view to take in regards to something like that, I know (and I'm not even sure what I've just said makes any sense in terms of what you just asked, heh) - that logic makes sense to me though
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 06:05   Link #692
KRegnard
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Hey guys, is there a reason why the dvd's version of the op looks different from the broadcast version? If it were an improved version, why aren't they using it in the broadcast for the recent episodes?

Dvd Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBZU1hKIzg
KRegnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 10:44   Link #693
KOapps
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to KOapps
Perhaps because it's 10 seconds longer than the original opening.

Btw, does someone know if there will be character songs?
Would be great.

Last edited by KOapps; 2011-06-06 at 11:01.
KOapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 11:30   Link #694
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
Hey guys, is there a reason why the dvd's version of the op looks different from the broadcast version? If it were an improved version, why aren't they using it in the broadcast for the recent episodes?

Dvd Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBZU1hKIzg

And.. they added more blood, showed more nude Shiro and colorized more portions ,particularly a certain male character that hasn't appeared yet and Shiro by removing the non-spoiler color of the cloak and turning it red. She also now has nipples in the OP. They gave Shiro as Red Man part away in the OP.

Hmm...I think that Minatsuki has more bounce too.

I think the DVD version looks great. They prob couldn't show this version on TV.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:24   Link #695
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where dimensions collide...
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRegnard View Post
Hey guys, is there a reason why the dvd's version of the op looks different from the broadcast version? If it were an improved version, why aren't they using it in the broadcast for the recent episodes?

Dvd Version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBZU1hKIzg
I'm calling shenanigans on this one. Multiple scenes have severe redshift, are missing visual effects, and have DECREASED animation quality (case in point, the shot of the amusement park with the Ferris Wheel - or lack thereof). This is VERY likely to be a leaked prototype of the OP, not the DVD version.


EDIT: I found another video whose author claims that he ripped the OP straight from the disc. God damn it. I'll remaster the video files with the TV OP myself if I have to.

EDIT 2: There may be hope yet, if the Blu-Ray releases have a different version of the OP than the DVD's.
__________________
I'm not afraid of tomorrowI'm only scared of myself
Dante of the Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:41   Link #696
Creed
Mad Hatter
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Terrestrial Horizon
Send a message via Yahoo to Creed
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And.. they added more blood, showed more nude Shiro and colorized more portions ,particularly a certain male character that hasn't appeared yet and Shiro by removing the non-spoiler color of the cloak and turning it red. She also now has nipples in the OP. They gave Shiro as Red Man part away in the OP.
I'm not sure about the other stuff, but Shiro had nipples in the original OP also.

It was about the first thing I noticed.
Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 14:48   Link #697
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where dimensions collide...
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
Btw, does someone know if there will be character songs?
Would be great.
Ask and you shall receive!!!

Deadman Wonderland Homepage

Lulz at possible Minatsuki character song.

EDIT: Looks like there will be 4 Character Songs: Ganta, Yoh, Genkaku, and Shiro.
__________________
I'm not afraid of tomorrowI'm only scared of myself

Last edited by Dante of the Inferno; 2011-06-06 at 15:46.
Dante of the Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 15:39   Link #698
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Lulz at possible Minatsuki character song.
Sweet.... Do want!
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 16:15   Link #699
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
I'm not sure about the other stuff, but Shiro had nipples in the original OP also.

It was about the first thing I noticed.
But it's more defined in that video. You can really see them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Sweet.... Do want!
Agreed. Can you imagine her doing a rap song?
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 16:44   Link #700
Echoes
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In line to confess his sins.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Agreed. Can you imagine her doing a rap song?
I like the cut of your jib! I wish I was rich enough to finance a music video for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
EDIT: Looks like there will be 4 Character Songs: Ganta, Yoh, Genkaku, and Shiro.
This is unacceptable. Can we cut Yoh and replace him with Minatsuki? I mean seriously, he's not that interesting. (Neither is the prospect of a song by Ganta to be honest, but he gets a pass, being the protagonist and all.)
__________________
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, horror, madness, prison, science fiction, shounen, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.