AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 123 45.72%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 31.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 10.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 6.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.60%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.12%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-31, 04:45   Link #221
risingstar3110
The sexy Kongou
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think Jessica's woman-intuition told her there is a good chance she will fall flat momentarily (and sore later) after such head on impact.
When i start reading what you wrote, I thought you say "Jessica's woman-intuition told her there is a good chance she will" flat her mother under the flying door if she do so....

......but oh well it's all good, grats we have something to discuss other than the speculation and adaptation-related topics
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 04:46   Link #222
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Apparently there was no chance so her powers couldn't kick in a miracle . Though I personally think she's fine just the way she is.
That actually explains everything.
__________________
What appears to be a moment for the helper feels like an eternity to the helpee.
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 04:50   Link #223
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well Battler's supposed to be a very well built sort of fellow, so it's not strange he can knock a door open that's holed closed by a flimsy candle holder.
So let me get this straight, you're saying it's not strange that someone knocking two doors of there hinges while there's a metal pipe keeping them locked together?

What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It would've been better if Jessica's massive weapons had knocked that door apart.
I'd pay to see that.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 04:59   Link #224
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 33
Two words guys. Roid Rage.



......( XD )
lovelysan is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 06:46   Link #225
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Your underestimating the "battering ram" potential. Sure Battler isn't a battering ram but that door wasn't a massive castle gate either. Battler must weight around 70-80 kg and the handles of that door aren't that sturdy. Double doors are even weaker than normal doors.

Anyway the point is that Battler didn't destroy the door with his bare hands, but by using his whole body's weight.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 06:58   Link #226
nchan
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
You know I don't get this.
nchan is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 07:10   Link #227
Thisguy
Negikamo
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It would've been better if Jessica's massive weapons had knocked that door apart.
It would've been better if Jessica Master Spark-ed that door apart.


Fixed
Thisguy is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 07:38   Link #228
Chii Kei
Nyeh~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, UK.
Gaaah, I loved this episode. Beatrice had just the kind of voice I'd imagined her to have - and I'm so glad I've played the first VN - I adapted to what was happening more easily than I think most regular anime viewers will, hehe.
I loved the BGM use, the pacing was fantastic. I hope it carries on for the second part! <3
Chii Kei is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 07:38   Link #229
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind you >:)
Age: 17
Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
You know during this discussion hasn't anyone noticed that even how tall and well built he is, Beatrice is about the same size. .___.
__________________

Chaho-Chi is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 07:49   Link #230
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 29
^ Don't forget that Beatrice is supposed to be a foreigner while Battler is japanese.

______
I'm happy to see the amount of fanservice the episode had, and I'm pleased to see that even Beatrice is going to provide it. Give it a few episodes and we can hopefully see Kuwasama fanservice too.
__________________
izmosmolnar is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 07:54   Link #231
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
well shannon and kanon revived all of a sudden,they crawled out from the spot they died? and maria seems possessed to me,no more "oohhh ohhHh" sounds from her T_T
__________________
Justice Knight is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 08:47   Link #232
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Battler has got some ballz to take on the image of Beatrice that was formed by everyones delusions. Technically Battlers argument makes sense Beatrice is here standing here before us because others wanted to believe in her and created the image of her but shes till not real. That was a direct challenge he issued and Beatrice accepted happily getting excited. It seems Battler is her type but only to crush and make grovel at her feet after she wins. She would probably keep him as a pet

It was interesting to see that since Battler didn't believe the magic dissolved killing everyone again in the same fashion they died before with the exception of Battler. But why were only certain people revived, and not everyone? It weird how normally believing in witches and such makes you odd but int his case they say Battler is odd because he doesn't believe. I get the feeling this is going to get interesting in a bloody and mind rape sort of way.

Beatrice is as elegant as they showed her in the OP and ED but her warped personality does not match her look at all and in some ways that makes her scarier. I would have never thought there were other witches. This new one seems to be crueler than Beatrice. However she is going to give Battler a hand in his duel but only because it amuses her. Love how the camera angle made it look like she was telling the audience she would help them out.

Surprised to see Maria actually got a message out. Good episodes the shit really begins next week i take it.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 08:57   Link #233
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Battler has got some ballz to take on the image of Beatrice that was formed by everyones delusions. Technically Battlers argument makes sense Beatrice is here standing here before us because others wanted to believe in her and created the image of her but shes till not real. That was a direct challenge he issued and Beatrice accepted happily getting excited. It seems Battler is her type but only to crush and make grovel at her feet after she wins. She would probably keep him as a pet

It was interesting to see that since Battler didn't believe the magic dissolved killing everyone again in the same fashion they died before with the exception of Battler. But why were only certain people revived, and not everyone? It weird how normally believing in witches and such makes you odd but int his case they say Battler is odd because he doesn't believe. I get the feeling this is going to get interesting in a bloody and mind rape sort of way.

Beatrice is as elegant as they showed her in the OP and ED but her warped personality does not match her look at all and in some ways that makes her scarier. I would have never thought there were other witches. This new one seems to be crueler than Beatrice. However she is going to give Battler a hand in his duel but only because it amuses her. Love how the camera angle made it look like she was telling the audience she would help them out.

Surprised to see Maria actually got a message out. Good episodes the shit really begins next week i take it.
As Bernkastel(?) explains Beatrice has the power to eternally kill and revive people as she sees fit, and when you consider the out-of-character words of the other children it is more likely that Beatrice used her power to create revived version of the cousins under her control as an illusion to convince Battler to accept witches. In the end Battler continued to deny witches as the clock struck 12mn and continued to do so in front of her.
MeoTwister5 is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 10:35   Link #234
sainfate
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
For someone that hasn't seen the VN or the manga but is watching just the anime, episode 5 was really confusing... Battler is meant to explain that all those murders are done by humans and that witches don't exists...right? That tea party must then be Battler dreaming or something ? I found it very odd that he was talking to Kanon and Shannon without freaking out by the fact they were serving him tea and cakes. From the bit were the clock strikes midnight to the tea party it feels that there is something missing...I don't understand the jump from one thing to the other... unless we are witnessing something like the film "THE OTHERS" were the act like their everyday life but they are in fact dead.
sainfate is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 10:38   Link #235
Seagull
MIA, Rokkenjima
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-smepai View Post
You know during this discussion hasn't anyone noticed that even how tall and well built he is, Beatrice is about the same size. .___.
The puffy clothes probably make her look bigger.
Seagull is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 10:41   Link #236
TsundereCake
真 ラブ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
The puffy clothes probably make her look bigger.
Clothes can make you taller O_O? I suppose she is wearing heels
__________________
I need a new sig ⊙︿⊙
TsundereCake is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 10:54   Link #237
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Clothes can make you taller O_O? I suppose she is wearing heels
Yeah that was my thought, that she was wearing heels.

It's kind of funny how tall she is (compare screen to bernkastel)...bernkastel's feet barely touch the ground when she's sitting in the chair, and beatrice is still taller in terms of sitting down too >.< ahahahah

edit:
p.s. -> IS that beatrice in your sig with battler!?
miroku2192 is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 10:58   Link #238
TsundereCake
真 ラブ
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
p.s. -> IS that beatrice in your sig with battler!?
Yeah~ <3 :3
__________________
I need a new sig ⊙︿⊙
TsundereCake is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 11:18   Link #239
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Behind you >:)
Age: 17
Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Yeah~ <3 :3
BeatoxBattler FTW *Highfives*

Well at least the foreigner and heel's logic explains it.
__________________

Chaho-Chi is offline  
Old 2009-07-31, 11:31   Link #240
Enerccio
VN maniac
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cassovia, Slovakia
Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
May I ask you what an abomination is Beato's voice?

oh and also, deen is adding stuff as usual...
Spoiler for ep5/EP1 game coparision:


oh and I never finished the episode
when I heard first line from beato, I shut it down, deleted it and raged
__________________
My bishojo games at www.bishojo.tk
Enerccio is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.