AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 4.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.74%
1 out of 10 : Painful 148 54.01%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-08-03, 17:14   Link #481
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

We also have to remember that this is intended for the Japanese audience, so how those outside of Japan feel about it might not be their biggest concern. I mean, they probably like the money they'd get when selling the license outside of Japan (or however it works), but I'm not sure how much that is compared to the money they get straight from the Japanese consumers.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 17:25   Link #482
Akka

I doubt that Japanese viewers like this arc much more than any others.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 17:31   Link #483
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
I doubt that Japanese viewers like this arc much more than any others.
DVD 2 is still 9th overall on the Amazon.jp charts. K-On! 2 is 4th while the first K-On! DVD is 10th. One of the BLR DVD releases is 24th.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestselle...f=pd_dp_ts_d_1
Old 2009-08-03, 17:39   Link #484
Le Zeep
lazy cartoonist

While we all may be upset with how the season is going, I'd like to agree with what most people have said. All that matters is merchandise, and considering the yukata and swim suit scenes they have enough material to make like a gazillion products that will be very apealing. It may seem like a sinking ship but we just have to wait for dvd's and merchandise to come out and see how they sell.
Le Zeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 17:50   Link #485
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Zeep View Post
and considering the yukata and swim suit scenes they have enough material to make like a gazillion products that will be very apealing. It may seem like a sinking ship but we just have to wait for dvd's and merchandise to come out and see how they sell.
Maybe if all the episodes had constant episode 3 level quality. They don't however.

So about 60% of our "fan service" images are just low quality K-on esque animation.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 20:14   Link #486
resoLv777
watch?v=HY0PtgOwt6g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Maybe if all the episodes had constant episode 3 level quality. They don't however.

So about 60% of our "fan service" images are just low quality K-on esque animation.
Search up "Endless Eight Fan Service" on YouTube... I think you'll be surprised

I really have a tough time believing that they'd sell the DVDs as is without some kind of "incentive".
Old 2009-08-03, 21:03   Link #487
Jintor

They better end the arc this week, I'm running out of song to use : |
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 21:11   Link #488
Scarlett_Rain55

This stupid stint is getting ridiculous . I hope some of the fans stop watching, because apparently the company takes their fans as idiots.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 22:55   Link #489
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
DVD 2 is still 9th overall on the Amazon.jp charts. K-On! 2 is 4th while the first K-On! DVD is 10th. One of the BLR DVD releases is 24th.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestselle...f=pd_dp_ts_d_1
I don't think the first Endless Eight DVD can serve as an litmus test for the arc as a whole. I many could simply be planning to buy the first and last. I'd wait until the 3rd one before I read this one way or another.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 23:04   Link #490
mokuseimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
I honestly don't think there intention is to trick people. As I look into what's been going on these past few years and look at what's going on now, it's slowly adding up that this whole thing is one calculated relaunch of the franchise. Eight episodes of Endless Eight is simply an idea that was heavily discussed and in the end it was decided upon. I don't think they intended to make people mad (although they probably knew it was a possibility) and this was more of a calculated risk. They felt the risk was worth the chance to do something that wouldn't be possible for almost any other franchise.
I honestly can't imagine they weren't 100% aware that it would make people mad. Can you think of a scenario they might have entertained in which fan outrage was not the general response?

While what you're saying about this all leading up to a true second season is probably the case, I still have my doubts. At least, if they take E8 beyond eight episodes, I think the erosion of a good deal of the fanbase will be permanent, no matter what they air in the future.
mokuseimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 23:08   Link #491
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I will say that, if Endless Eight doesn't end next episode, I will truly not be able to understand what they're plan is. Well, except for that one rumor that said they'd air Endless Eight episodes until randomly airing Vanishment. But I honestly don't believe in that one, mostly from a business perspective. It would alienate any new viewers that are starting the series for the first time, which is never a good thing.
Old 2009-08-03, 23:26   Link #492
Tran225

wow how did a legendary haruhi series turn out like this? iono about you guys but the moment i saw the scenes the 2nd time which was i think episode 3... i started skimming through all the episodes and so far i am very very disappointed in this anime
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 23:30   Link #493
OkamiNoKaze

I still think they could push it more, and end on episode 10, that would still leave 4 episodes for Sigh, I've got it maybe they did this so people would appreciate Sigh more when it came? I hear it's not he most popular story in the series, though it's one I've been wanting to see. though it would also tie into the american release of the novel sometime in October I believe. I think the re-run should rap it self up about that time
Old 2009-08-03, 23:45   Link #494
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Yeah, the last episode should air October...9? At any rate, the last "new" episode should air Sept. 11.
Old 2009-08-03, 23:45   Link #495
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
At least, if they take E8 beyond eight episodes, I think the erosion of a good deal of the fanbase will be permanent, no matter what they air in the future.
And this is a good thing. Less rabid fanbase = less pressure. But then Disappearance will come and it'll start all over again! The horror!

Think about it:
1. Numbers Analogy
Code:
		Expected sales		Actual sales
Season 1	250 000			1 000 000
"Rerun"		250 000			250 000
These are by no means actual numbers, but make for a pretty good analogy.

2. Simple Words
They don't need us. We could diaf for all they care and they would still have regular income from their target audience (hint: the silent minority).

3. ????
Your Tears Taste So Good
----------
Really, they could push for 3 or 4 more E8s and they would still have enough time left to cover Sighs (that would be 3 or 2 episodes respectively).
Old 2009-08-04, 01:14   Link #496
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
This stupid stint is getting ridiculous . I hope some of the fans stop watching, because apparently the company takes their fans as idiots.
I feel like an idiot since I keep watching the episodes knowing that it's another E8 loop.
Old 2009-08-04, 02:23   Link #497
Ithekro
Space Battleship

Some say this is th worst thing Kyoto Animation has ever done. Is it really. How much draw did Munto TV or it's movie actually get verses Endless Eight?
Old 2009-08-04, 03:06   Link #498
Kanon-sama

Oh my, I downloaded the video last week, watched it for like five minutes, and turned it off.
Kanon-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 03:25   Link #499
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Really, they could push for 3 or 4 more E8s and they would still have enough time left to cover Sighs (that would be 3 or 2 episodes respectively).
Don't say it! They might hear you, and retroactively make it so!
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 03:45   Link #500
calorie

After coming back from summer vacation eager to see the closure of E8 I had two excruciating episodes slammed right into my face. There's no way I'll download another episode without taking a glance at the thread here first.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote