AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-26, 03:22   Link #101
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
That Doctor sounds perverted when he talks
I just literally LOL'ed at that. I think that doctor IS perverted. haha. research purposes or more? It's pretty hilarious. And then there's the hat guy -- who strangely reminds me of Break from Pandora Hearts for whatever reason. He made Yuki blush. cute relationships or harassment? LOL I totally dig it. I can't help but think that if this was a girl or boy reincarnated into a girl, this thread would get more replies.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 06:19   Link #102
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Hahah, yeah, the Pimsleur Learning Japanese tapes. Man, if Luka was voicing it, I think my Japanese skills will vastly improve much quicker. ^_^

What I meant was that I like the show so much right now that I actually care about finding those things out. I am really tempted to read the manga but I don't want to spoil myself.
Ah, then how about some incentive? If you can get past the initial stage and improve your listening enough, you can just listen to all the CD dramas and radio shows he's done (^^

Ah...gomen, I misunderstood! m(_ _ )m

Hm...it's also been a while since I've heard MikiShin voice this kind of character, really nostalgic!

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.” - Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 13:27   Link #103
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Ah, then how about some incentive? If you can get past the initial stage and improve your listening enough, you can just listen to all the CD dramas and radio shows he's done (^^

Ah...gomen, I misunderstood! m(_ _ )m

Hm...it's also been a while since I've heard MikiShin voice this kind of character, really nostalgic!
Drama CD's are such a good idea. I didn't think about it. I think our equivalent are audio books. LOL.
Old 2010-05-30, 16:28   Link #104
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Okay, DP to bump this thread.

Just saw episode 8 -- was good. The cast got huge all of a sudden. Yuki just seems to accept things and Hotsama is just not having any of his sh8t. Hahah. It's kinda sad but funny.
Old 2010-05-31, 13:56   Link #105
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Is no one watching this AWESOME show? Am I committing a sin by TP??? (!)

*apologizes in advance* Gomen. :O (*apologizes for enthusiasm as well* )

Anyway, I really liked the line in this one, where he says, "did he smile just for me?" ---->Dude, that's just something I would think!!!! Who is inside my head writing for this show?!

Anyway, he drives a red BMW. YUM.

TOO FLASHY?! MAYBE?
Old 2010-06-01, 17:48   Link #106
Irkalla
I asked for this

I'm still watching it. My inner fangirl would never allow me to dump a show with so many bishies and nice voice actors, no matter the plot..I'm shallow like that

Male bonding in the bathroom this ep was fanservice deluxe. Especially naked Hotsuma feeling up all emo shy tormented bishie Shuusei.

And Zess..oh mi gosh. He is one hot kuroshitsuji..erm servant. I wonder where he learned to drive? Too Flashy, MiaMiaka? No chance. It was classy and stylish, cliche, but fanserviceable.
Old 2010-06-02, 02:50   Link #107
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Haha, a response. LOLOL.

I think the plot is good. I think character interactions are very good.

Maybe Yuki will heal Shuusei? That's how he wins over Hotsama, perhaps. I don't even know why I try to guess when the material is out in mangas. Ehhh.

Haha, well, I don't know, he has fangs, has a distinguishable tattoo on his arm, lives in a place not seen by the human eyes, is followed by death on a fairly regular basis probably, should he be attracting this much attention?!
Old 2010-06-02, 04:37   Link #108
Irkalla
I asked for this

Well, the plot is kinda generic..You know, evil childhood friend who wants you on your side, demon like things attacking etc. The character interaction is good though, especially when there is fanservice, lmao.

If I remember correctly, they can't heal wounds that have been inflicted by their clansmates, or something like that? So emo bishie Shuuisen is going to stay all selfconscious until they find another way, if they do. Can't blame him for not wanting to bath with them though, I get the urge to hide if I get only one pimple

He is your typical vampire/demon kinda bishie, nothing wrong about that of course. And seeing the new fad about vampires, fangs and dressing dark, this is to be expected. Besides that, you have super powers and the ability to summon huge ass dragons who later on turn into little furballs You can't help it if you are that hot D:
Old 2010-06-02, 10:52   Link #109
White Manju Bun
Mad Hatter
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post

Male bonding in the bathroom this ep was fanservice deluxe. Especially naked Hotsuma feeling up all emo shy tormented bishie Shuusei.
I paused my player That was a nice surprise.

At this point Im watching for the bishies and the voices, I gave up on plot about 4 epis ago Here for the eye candy Plus I keep waiting for Shusei to say "just as planned" XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 12:21   Link #110
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Well, the plot is kinda generic..You know, evil childhood friend who wants you on your side, demon like things attacking etc. The character interaction is good though, especially when there is fanservice, lmao.

If I remember correctly, they can't heal wounds that have been inflicted by their clansmates, or something like that? So emo bishie Shuuisen is going to stay all selfconscious until they find another way, if they do. Can't blame him for not wanting to bath with them though, I get the urge to hide if I get only one pimple

He is your typical vampire/demon kinda bishie, nothing wrong about that of course. And seeing the new fad about vampires, fangs and dressing dark, this is to be expected. Besides that, you have super powers and the ability to summon huge ass dragons who later on turn into little furballs You can't help it if you are that hot D:
I agree that it is familiar territory -- everything feels like the road has been taken. It almost feels like one cliche after another -- even Sodom is a reprint of every little pink cute little thing out there.

However, I think re-treads can be good. I don't think a show needs originality in all aspects in order to tell a good story (though it is a plus). I think this show has enough positive originality in its voice actors, as well as its music and the timing thereof, to succeed in its own right because the storyline and atmosphere are proven formulas. I just saw the ending of some episode where Hotsama walks down a hall, Shuusei seems him, and the music builds and stops to hear him say, "Ore wa o my dake day e." ----> mangled Japanese, means "I need only you." But not delivered in a "loving way" -- just as a statement of fact.

What I'm trying to say is that this series enhances upon its rather generic elements and even though the elements are similar, I still am curious to follow because I still don't know what will happen in the story.
Old 2010-06-02, 13:20   Link #111
KaedeF
Moeshit hater

I think the main problem is the slow pacing. And Yuri is quite a weak and generic character compared to the others.

Maybe Shuusei is the reason I keep on watching this series.
KaedeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 13:57   Link #112
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaedeF View Post
I think the main problem is the slow pacing. And Yuri is quite a weak and generic character compared to the others.

Maybe Shuusei is the reason I keep on watching this series.
I actually don't find it slow? Is this a manga reader's POV? IDK? I have not read the manga. In these episodes, I see character building. I see quirks. I don't know, it's fun to watch. hah.

I mean, there are good guys and bad guys, new characters just got introduced. We will see what 24 episodes can do.
Old 2010-06-02, 14:02   Link #113
White Manju Bun
Mad Hatter
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I actually don't find it slow? Is this a manga reader's POV? IDK? I have not read the manga. In these episodes, I see character building. I see quirks. I don't know, it's fun to watch. hah.
Im not a manga reader but I do find it slow though the last several have been more entertaining since we're meeting new people. I do like the subtle character building we see. Im kinda surprised Yuki took the "so I used to be a girl" thing so well Yuki is annoying me as a main character though, Im waiting for him to break out of his shell a bit...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-02, 14:09   Link #114
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im not a manga reader but I do find it slow though the last several have been more entertaining since we're meeting new people. I do like the subtle character building we see. Im kinda surprised Yuki took the "so I used to be a girl" thing so well Yuki is annoying me as a main character though, Im waiting for him to break out of his shell a bit...
Yeah, he did take it really well. If I were him, I would ask a lot of questions but he's just going to be anxious until someone tells him something wherein he gets more anxious.

He is annoying (but I still like him), but not like Chizuru, who is on a different plain of apathy for me. Yuki can at least attack. He can fight. Why not transfer some of these qualities over to female led harems as well?

Plus, he can heal.

*waits patiently for scene where he heals Luka*
Old 2010-06-02, 15:19   Link #115
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im kinda surprised Yuki took the "so I used to be a girl" thing so well
That may be our Abrahamic cultural heritage influencing our reactions. To someone with a Buddhist cultural heritage, the idea of reincarnation changing not only gender but whole species may not seem like such a strange idea. It's clearly a concept that Hotaru Odagiri accepts as she used it before in another manga.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 15:53   Link #116
White Manju Bun
Mad Hatter
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
That may be our Abrahamic cultural heritage influencing our reactions. To someone with a Buddhist cultural heritage, the idea of reincarnation changing not only gender but whole species may not seem like such a strange idea. It's clearly a concept that Hotaru Odagiri accepts as she used it before in another manga.
Ah I see, I guess then it wouldnt seem so weird to him since the others talk about their past lives as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMika
*waits patiently for scene where he heals Luka*
*drools thinking about that*
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-02, 15:58   Link #117
LKK

Speaking of underlying cultural understandings .... The last line in the ED lyrics is "Believe in the blue thread". (According to Yuurisan-Subs.) I know about the symbolism of the red thread. But I've never heard anything about a blue thread. Does anyone know what a blue thread symbolizes?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-06-07, 09:52   Link #118
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm catching up here, just watched ep9. This may not be a "good" show -- quite slow, somewhat generic -- but there is something really captivating about it, for me. I like the drawing: the character designs, the sharp chins, the outlining. And if I let myself get into the feelings of the characters, they are quite touching.

And of course, the voices are to die for. In eps 7-9, I was really struck by Miyano Mamoru's few words: warm and enveloping. And Inoue Marina was somehow moving, too. And the weedy sound of Houshi Souichirou as Yuki is finally working on me. The gender-bender aspect of the character is starting to work for me, too.

I generally loathe shows built around monster-fighting, but they are making that work for me here, so far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 23). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino).

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-06-07 at 10:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 11:09   Link #119
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Speaking of underlying cultural understandings .... The last line in the ED lyrics is "Believe in the blue thread". (According to Yuurisan-Subs.) I know about the symbolism of the red thread. But I've never heard anything about a blue thread. Does anyone know what a blue thread symbolizes?
Tried looking it up, and found it used in two contexts. The first was that it was associated with business relationships/success (in contrast to the red thread referring to human relationships)...obviously not it.

The second context is a little bit more tenuous. Apparently, the red thread is associated with "unmei" (運命) whilst the blue thread is linked to "shukumei" (宿命), which can both be translated as "fate" or "destiny" in English. In Japanese however, there is a minute distinction between the two: "shukumei" refers to a destiny that was fixed from a previous life, and that cannot be avoided no matter what, whereas "unmei" apparently can be influenced by what a person does. We could perhaps say that "shukumei" is inevitable and "unmei" is karmic?

In terms of relationships, then the red thread => person fated by God, karma etc, whilst the blue thread => person fated because there is a fixed (previous) relationship. Perhaps, anyway.

p.s. Am I weird for finding the previews the most enjoyable parts of each episode? Though I am liking Shuusei and Hotsuma's backstory too... It's making me wonder if there's anything in Toko and Tsukumo's pasts.

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.” - Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 12:25   Link #120
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
The second context is a little bit more tenuous. Apparently, the red thread is associated with "unmei" (運命) whilst the blue thread is linked to "shukumei" (宿命), which can both be translated as "fate" or "destiny" in English. In Japanese however, there is a minute distinction between the two: "shukumei" refers to a destiny that was fixed from a previous life, and that cannot be avoided no matter what, whereas "unmei" apparently can be influenced by what a person does. We could perhaps say that "shukumei" is inevitable and "unmei" is karmic?

In terms of relationships, then the red thread => person fated by God, karma etc, whilst the blue thread => person fated because there is a fixed (previous) relationship. Perhaps, anyway.
The second context may be more tenuous, but in terms of Yuki & Luka's relationship, it makes a great deal of sense. We could say that they're destined to be together in this lifetime because of their relationship in Yuki's previous life. Thank you for looking into this for me. I doubt I would've understood the difference on my own. Cookies to you!

Tags
romance, shoujo