AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-08-03, 20:50   Link #1
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Nvidia Driver update for Toshiba laptop (Satellite-A100/geforce go 7600)

More discontinued hardware help requests from my dad! (ugh)

This time, he got a Toshiba Satellite A100-SK9(?) from a friend and wants to get everything in it up to date. It was all smooth sailing until I got to the video card. The Satellite uses a Nvidia GeForce Go 7600. The current driver posted on the Toshiba support site seems outdated, and I'm a little hesitant to install the beta driver from the Nvidia site because of the little blurb about OEMs on the driver page and the fact that system restore on the Satellite is busted for some reason.

So, suggestions! What do you guys think I should do?

Latest Post: Black Lagoon Summaries Update and Volume 1 (VIZ) Impressions… (August 15,2008)
Latest Summary: Elemental Gelade [Volume 14] (July 29, 2008)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 20:58   Link #2
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
I suggest going to laptopvideo2go.com and downloading the latest nVidia Drivers and using the modded inf they provide you. Most of the time, OEM don't update their graphics drivers and you are pretty much stuck with the old drivers.

nVidia also provides lastest notebook drivers, but they are only for Geforce 8xxxm series or higher and the ones they provide for the 7xxxm series are outdated.
Old 2009-08-03, 21:09   Link #3
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I suggest going to laptopvideo2go.com and downloading the latest nVidia Drivers and using the modded inf they provide you. Most of the time, OEM don't update their graphics drivers and you are pretty much stuck with the old drivers.

nVidia also provides lastest notebook drivers, but they are only for Geforce 8xxxm series or higher and the ones they provide for the 7xxxm series are outdated.
Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but isn't the Geforce Go (developed for mobiles, wasn't it?) line of cards independent of the main series?

The driver I'm looking at on Nvidia is this. Seems pretty recent.

Latest Post: Black Lagoon Summaries Update and Volume 1 (VIZ) Impressions… (August 15,2008)
Latest Summary: Elemental Gelade [Volume 14] (July 29, 2008)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 21:16   Link #4
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but isn't the Geforce Go (developed for mobiles, wasn't it?) line of cards independent of the main series?

The driver I'm looking at on Nvidia is this. Seems pretty recent.
nVidia dropped the Go from the mobile Geforce GPU and instead uses a m at the end of the number to designate that it's a mobile GPU (e.g. 9600m, GT 130m). Geforce mobile GPU before the 8 series uses Go.
Old 2009-08-03, 22:23   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just a follow-up note to my own issues with the 185.xx drivers... installed the 190.38 drivers yesterday and it *appears* that the issues have 'magickally' disappeared.

So for me at least, the 190.38 edition seems to be fine.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote