AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-03, 23:37   Link #61
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
*The Secret Garden (1993 make) I LOVE this movie. It's magical and enchanting without actually having fantasy elelments in it. It's amazing and beautiful!
I adore and have read the book many times as well but on this rare occasion, I loved the movie more.

*Liar Liar. This is the funniest movie Jim Carrey's done. I really like Bruce Almighty too.

*All Dogs Go to Heaven. This is my favorite animated movie produced by America. Not kidding. Don Bluth=animation GOD. Really. I refuse to acknowledge any existence of the sequels.

*The Secret of NIMH. Another Bluth flick.

*Hercules. I really love this underrated Disney flick. Screw that the mythology was all changed-it's a FUN movie.

*The Great Mouse Detective. SO underrated!! And SO good!!
Old 2009-12-04, 01:28   Link #62
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I don't know if this movie is really underrated (well if you look at Imdb rating ): The man in the iron mask. I love this kind of story, the music was awesome, characters were good, battle were epic...
Old 2009-12-04, 05:04   Link #63
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I probably mentioned this before, but "My Cousin Vinny" is one of the best movies of all time!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 10:52   Link #64
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam Send a message via Skype™ to RadiantBeam
Oh man.

The Great Mouse Detective: It always amazes me how this movie gets ignored by Disney and fans alike. The story was amazing and well thought out, the characters were lovable, and the bad guy was someone I just loved to hate.

All Dogs Go To Heaven: Don Bluth, at least during the 80's, made some really awesome movies. The sequel wasn't so bad in itself, but it doesn't compare to the original.

The Secret of NIMH: Another Don Bluth flick. The sequel, in my mind, doesn't exist.

Hercules: I don't care how they screwed up mythology; I love this movie to pieces. The characters were wonderful and I found the relationships they had to be moving, especially Meg and Hercules.

Treasure Planet: I love this movie. God, how I love this movie. The relationship between Silver and Jim is perhaps one of the most moving and touching I've ever seen in an animated film. Truly a masterpiece, I swear.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Okay, okay, yes, it has plot holes. But it doesn't stop me from loving this movie and the idea behind it. The characters really touched me.

The Land Before Time: The original, not those godawful musical sequels that followed. It doesn't tend to get acknowledged much anymore, but this was truly a wonderful movie. Personally, I feel the death of Littlefoot's mother was much more emotional than the death of Simba's father. Another Don Bluth too, now that I think of it.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:07   Link #65
DRAGUN H.E.X.
DAT Shiny Gunpla~

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAGUN H.E.X.
De Ja Vu

i kinda find the ending hilarious, our main hero dies saving everyone's lives in the ending then he we had a "spare" version of the said hero for the happy ending, seriously? 2 in 1? how cool is that? & has yet to be catogorized as "worst movie ever"
DRAGUN H.E.X. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 12:41   Link #66
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
*The Secret Garden (1993 make) I LOVE this movie. It's magical and enchanting without actually having fantasy elelments in it. It's amazing and beautiful!
I adore and have read the book many times as well but on this rare occasion, I loved the movie more.

*Liar Liar. This is the funniest movie Jim Carrey's done. I really like Bruce Almighty too.

*All Dogs Go to Heaven. This is my favorite animated movie produced by America. Not kidding. Don Bluth=animation GOD. Really. I refuse to acknowledge any existence of the sequels.

*The Secret of NIMH. Another Bluth flick.

*Hercules. I really love this underrated Disney flick. Screw that the mythology was all changed-it's a FUN movie.

*The Great Mouse Detective. SO underrated!! And SO good!!
you silly, No Jim carry movie was underrated..

The GOD DAMN PEN IS BLUE!

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-12-04 at 12:54.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 13:33   Link #67
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
you silly, No Jim carry movie was underrated..

The GOD DAMN PEN IS BLUE!
You'd be shocked but it's nearly impossible to find Liar Liar on DVD. I was shocked and thrilled to find it for six bucks at a Cash and Culture inside a dying mall. lolz
*snort* IT'S R-R-R-R-RROYAAAAAL BLUUUUUUUE!!

@Radient Beam:............are you my twin separated at birth!?

Quote:
and I found the relationships they had to be moving, especially Meg and Hercules.
Yesssssss MegxHerc is probably my favorite canon Disney animated couple. Meg is also my favorite Disney girl. She's so awesome!!

Quote:
Personally, I feel the death of Littlefoot's mother was much more emotional than the death of Simba's father.Personally, I feel the death of Littlefoot's mother was much more emotional than the death of Simba's father.
Yeah, she had a freakin DEATH SPEECH. That always makes it worse. Land was responsible for my undying love of dinosaurs all through childhood.

Quote:
The relationship between Silver and Jim is perhaps one of the most moving and touching I've ever seen in an animated film.
They were SO CUTE. I'm glad that any type of relationships nowdays can make me squee. They don't have to be romantic to be cute!!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2009-12-04 at 13:46.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 14:18   Link #68
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
@Radient Beam:............are you my twin separated at birth!?
I don't think so. I just tend to prefer animated movies to live action ones, for some reason.
Old 2009-12-04, 22:49   Link #69
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I do not know if it's underrated or not, but I rarely (if ever) hear people talking about Jacob's Ladder.

By far, my favorite psychological horror film of all time.
Old 2009-12-05, 14:43   Link #70
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I don't think so. I just tend to prefer animated movies to live action ones, for some reason.
I know......I was joking. But yeah, me too!! I LOVE animation. Every time a new animated movie came out, it became my new obsession. I was one of those little kids who drove her parents crazy by watching the movie over and over and over until the tape broke! Never outgrew liking some movies...even the ones that were meant for kids. I really enjoyed Enchanted too though. It was a great idea.
Old 2009-12-05, 14:53   Link #71
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I know......I was joking. But yeah, me too!! I LOVE animation. Every time a new animated movie came out, it became my new obsession. I was one of those little kids who drove her parents crazy by watching the movie over and over and over until the tape broke! Never outgrew liking some movies...even the ones that were meant for kids. I really enjoyed Enchanted too though. It was a great idea.
Heh.

OH! Just thought of another one...

Balto: This movie suffered pretty badly because it came out as the same time as Pixar's Toy Story, but I've always loved this movie to pieces. Maybe it isn't true to history, but I love it enough to forgive it. I especially liked Jenna's character. It's a pity the sequels didn't live up to the original.
Old 2009-12-05, 22:17   Link #72
Chiibi

WHA...

I LOVE that one too!!! Jenna was a sweet character....like how she never lost faith in him and I liked how Balto wasn't trying hard just to win her but that he geniunely cared about little Rosie....augh it's a GREAT movie!!

Our taste is so damn similar....
Old 2009-12-06, 10:26   Link #73
Nosauz

district 13 or barrio 13 to our european friends. This movie is great, this is what an action movie should be, not your mi 3 crap. This is pure action crammed into an hour and a half. I watched it in spanish because the french was just too hard to keep up with but this is what a good action movie should be, action scenes strung up together in a somewhat logical way.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 11:19   Link #74
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Oh man.

All Dogs Go To Heaven: Don Bluth, at least during the 80's, made some really awesome movies. The sequel wasn't so bad in itself, but it doesn't compare to the original.

The Secret of NIMH: Another Don Bluth flick. The sequel, in my mind, doesn't exist.

The Land Before Time: The original, not those godawful musical sequels that followed. It doesn't tend to get acknowledged much anymore, but this was truly a wonderful movie. Personally, I feel the death of Littlefoot's mother was much more emotional than the death of Simba's father. Another Don Bluth too, now that I think of it.
I really like those movies I quoted, too, though I don't think The Great Mouse Detective or Hercules really qualifies as "underrated". Both are quite popular, actually. TGMD isn't as much ignored as it is forgotten due to its relative age. It's a 1986 movie, and so it takes a backseat to more recent Disney animated films like Mulan, etc.

All Dogs Go to Heaven was good, though I will take the time to say as a kid I never even noticed the "Big Lipped Alligator Moment". I guess I wasn't paying attention, or I was too young to care.

Secret of NIMH was a great movie, with great characters, plot, etc. I mean, despite the ridiculous notion of talking rats, the movie managed to pull it off.

The Land Before Time (original).... it still makes me cry. The death of Littlefoot's mother works so well, even despite it's potential to come off as cliche. A great movie, and it still makes me cry even to this day.

I don't know if I mentioned this movie yet, but I want to add The Brave Little Toaster to the list of underrated classics. One of my favorite movies as a kid (actually, as an adult as well XD), one with which I broke 2 VCRs and a rewinder from watching it so much. It's a non-Disney movie, so I don't think it gets nearly as much attention as it deserves. Naturally, Lampy is my favorite character. "Good night, slothead."
Old 2009-12-06, 12:29   Link #75
Mattie

Send a message via MSN to Mattie
Pokemon the first movie lol it was so epic but not many people watched it too what i know off :S must be a dark secert movie
Mattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 14:57   Link #76
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

1941 - Been mentioned once or twice, I think. I'm a little surprised. I've never encountered anyone who had seen it before.

The Cable Guy - I know a lot of people hated this movie, and it's largely regarded as one of Jim Carey's worst movies for some strange reason, but I've always though it was great.

Titan A.E. - I'm not sure if it's really underrated, since I've almost never met anyone who has seen it, and everyone who has, thought it was pretty good.

Popeye - I don't know if people just hate musicals now, or what. I thought it was pretty funny, and an overall good show.

Batteries Not Included - Again, I'm not so sure if it's really underrated, since I can't name a single person who has ever seen it or heard of it. Great example of an odd little 80's sci-fi movie, though.

Short Circuit 1/2 - Kinda corny and outdated, but still fun. These days most people just look at it and go "the robot is cheesy" and say "it doesn't have enough action." I always liked it, though. I was before all mechanical characters in movies had to be psychotic murderers, the tragic hero who always dies, or just an excuse to have a lot of explosions and judo fights. I hope they don't ruin it in the remake.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 15:00   Link #77
Chiibi

Quote:
TGMD isn't as much ignored as it is forgotten due to its relative age. It's a 1986 movie, and so it takes a backseat to more recent Disney animated films like Mulan, etc.
Erm I have to disagree because The Little Mermaid wasn't that long after and it's old but it still gets TONS of attention. 101 Dalamations does too. >.<

Quote:
All Dogs Go to Heaven was good, though I will take the time to say as a kid I never even noticed the "Big Lipped Alligator Moment". I guess I wasn't paying attention, or I was too young to care.
~Biiiig Lipped Alligator Moment~

............ever notice? That gator was totally "flaming".

Oh yeah! I remember The Brave Little Toaster! A couple parts scared me as a child though....

Quote:
Batteries Not Included - Again, I'm not so sure if it's really underrated, since I can't name a single person who has ever seen it or heard of it. Great example of an odd little 80's sci-fi movie, though.

I LOVE that movie. Forgot to mention it!!
Old 2009-12-06, 15:31   Link #78
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I was watching this movie with a couple of friends of mine . And despite out drunken state all of us wanted to sign up for Gun-Fu . heck we had planned to shoot some pinball today

Equilibrium : Yeah its a rip off The Matrix but the action sequences are to die for . What ever you wanted Matrix 2,3 to be this movie fills the void . I had come across the movie couple of times in Redbox selection but had avoided it due to the poster/cover .

This has to be most underrated action movies out there . It has some guffaws with Bale trying to be a Neo Version 2.0 . The plot is not deep or provocative , it doesn't make you think how would it be . The first 20-25 minutes are a snore fest . The major negative in this movie has to be lack of an engrossing storyline and good antagonist . But it more than makes up with action sequences .

Though there is one wardrobe malfunction at the end with Bale choosing to wear a peon costume . But the Katana slashes make up for this . This movie probably got lost in the wave of movies inspired by Matrix . But if its pure entertainment your looking for than this is the movie for you

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-12-06 at 16:14. Reason: lackey =/
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 16:16   Link #79
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I don't know if I mentioned this movie yet, but I want to add The Brave Little Toaster to the list of underrated classics. One of my favorite movies as a kid (actually, as an adult as well XD), one with which I broke 2 VCRs and a rewinder from watching it so much. It's a non-Disney movie, so I don't think it gets nearly as much attention as it deserves. Naturally, Lampy is my favorite character. "Good night, slothead."
Ah The Brave Little Toaster, the almost-Pixar film that ended Lasseter's career at Disney. Truly an underappreciated film whose dark tones (the song 'Worthless' is a wonderfully macabre song sung by a group of rusty cars as they are being crushed to death) have kept it from receiving the popular acclaim it deserves (the film had plenty of critical acclaim, it just never really received an audience).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 19:22   Link #80
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
A movie that I really enjoyed but people never seem to know of is The Last Starfighter. Definitely a highly recommended movie for those who enjoy sci-fi.